Duque - Casa de Hospedes Reviews

Cal�ada do Duque 53, Lisbon, Portugal

I would not recommend this hostel to anybody. The room we were first offered had bed bugs and was filthy. The second room was also dirty (hair on the floor and bedding). The internet is not actually available in any rooms and the hostel has no common space. Finally, the toilets smelt bad and also had hair everywhere!

Despite having a great location it was a disappointment compared to other independent hostels that I have used in Lisbon.My single private room was under the stairs, it was unclean, the bed was uncomfortable and the tiny window made the room claustrophobic. Unless you are on a real budget look elsewhere.

• 4th Nov 2014

Wonderful view from my balcony

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

I stayed in a private room, that was tidied everyday, but not cleaned. There was only one toilet on our floor, which was a bit annoying in the mornings. There are a lot of stairs, which could be a problem if you have a lot of luggage, but a member of staff offered to bring our bags to the 4th floor. Location is excellent, but there's no kitchen or living room to relax and use the wifi (no wifi in the bedroom). There are no lockers. For its price and location, I would definitely recommend Duque!

got an incredible bargain here,though, not surprisingly, the smallest room ever and over a noisy pedestrianised path. The linens were clean and fresh and if you get a room away frpm the path its a really good bargain place to stay. It is clear the owners try very hard to do all they can to make this as good a sit can possibly be.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

As someone else mentioned it is no frills and not overly soundproof, but the location more than makes up for it. There was only 1 bathroom on the floor I was on which wasn't ideal, but it would not deter me from staying here again.

The position is perfect! The building is nothing special but the bed was comfortable and they clean the room every day. The staff was very kind and willing.

• 19th Sep 2014

Good place if you dont need alot of frills. They offer you a clean bedroom and bathroom. What more do you need. I wish I had some spoke more Portuguese because the old man that runs it seems like he would be great to talk to. Overall its nothing special but for the price you pay you cant complain.

A good hostel for a good price. The staff is nice and friendly. I only wished the bed mattress was a bit better, other than that no complaints.

Full of bugs beds! I wouldn't go back, please avoid, paying 2 extra euros for a bed free of bugs is worth it!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Very friendly hostel. Basic but fantastic value and location! Thanks.

Pretty noisy at night - didn't sleep at all as the noise from bars downstairs went on until about 5am... okay if you wish to be part of the party, but not if you want a refreshing night's sleep!

• 1st Aug 2014

Is more a hotel than a hostel. The place is super clean. Actually your room is cleaned daily, including sheets and towels changed periodically. You give the keys in the entrance and I never had problem to walk in or out. On the other hand, the place doesn't have a kitchen, a common area neither a space to leave goods. Showers are difficult. The big issue is the wifi. It's really a pain have to go to the reception to get connected. Anyway, amazing friendly staff and good value for money!

Lovely place, staff were super helpful, really felt like home as i am Brazilian, however we got a bedroom facing the sidewalk where was very noisy. Anyway, i would stay there again! Tks very much!

We had no problem with the leaving your key considering it saved us from losing it. The directions to the hostel weren't the best, we just asked a local man in a shop and he was very helpful. The hostel did our washing for us and the room was more than fine. The stairs are steep but think of it as good excercise. The gentleman spoke English, and wifi works on stairs. We actually really enjoyed our stay as it was a comfortable bed and a hot shower in a convenient location, what more do you need!

very simple room but excellent value for money for a single private room. I recommend earplugs if you have a room with window to the street. Access to the hostel and the rooms is possible only through a very steep stairwell so be aware if you have a lot of luggage or walking diabilities.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Austria

I had a single room. Large bed + ensuit and incredibly cheap. WiFi didn't work in my room but you can't complain when its this price. Staff really friendly and helpful and only a short walk into the centre. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Very cheap for the highly central location. Rooms cleaned on a daily basis, but cleanliness of shared parts will unfortunately depend on the other guests.

View all Lisbon Bed and Breakfasts