Duque - Casa de Hospedes Reviews

Cal�ada do Duque 53, Lisbon, Portugal

Good place if you dont need alot of frills. They offer you a clean bedroom and bathroom. What more do you need. I wish I had some spoke more Portuguese because the old man that runs it seems like he would be great to talk to. Overall its nothing special but for the price you pay you cant complain.

A good hostel for a good price. The staff is nice and friendly. I only wished the bed mattress was a bit better, other than that no complaints.

Full of bugs beds! I wouldn't go back, please avoid, paying 2 extra euros for a bed free of bugs is worth it!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Very friendly hostel. Basic but fantastic value and location! Thanks.

• 6th Aug 2014

Pretty noisy at night - didn't sleep at all as the noise from bars downstairs went on until about 5am... okay if you wish to be part of the party, but not if you want a refreshing night's sleep!

• 1st Aug 2014

Is more a hotel than a hostel. The place is super clean. Actually your room is cleaned daily, including sheets and towels changed periodically. You give the keys in the entrance and I never had problem to walk in or out. On the other hand, the place doesn't have a kitchen, a common area neither a space to leave goods. Showers are difficult. The big issue is the wifi. It's really a pain have to go to the reception to get connected. Anyway, amazing friendly staff and good value for money!

Lovely place, staff were super helpful, really felt like home as i am Brazilian, however we got a bedroom facing the sidewalk where was very noisy. Anyway, i would stay there again! Tks very much!

We had no problem with the leaving your key considering it saved us from losing it. The directions to the hostel weren't the best, we just asked a local man in a shop and he was very helpful. The hostel did our washing for us and the room was more than fine. The stairs are steep but think of it as good excercise. The gentleman spoke English, and wifi works on stairs. We actually really enjoyed our stay as it was a comfortable bed and a hot shower in a convenient location, what more do you need!

very simple room but excellent value for money for a single private room. I recommend earplugs if you have a room with window to the street. Access to the hostel and the rooms is possible only through a very steep stairwell so be aware if you have a lot of luggage or walking diabilities.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Austria

I had a single room. Large bed + ensuit and incredibly cheap. WiFi didn't work in my room but you can't complain when its this price. Staff really friendly and helpful and only a short walk into the centre. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Very cheap for the highly central location. Rooms cleaned on a daily basis, but cleanliness of shared parts will unfortunately depend on the other guests.

Sinks in the room was a definite plus, overall the room was decent. No real feel of atmosphere though, everything is very separate, no tour of the building on arrival. Lots of stairs. The bathrooms were satisfactory.

To get to the hostel and to the rooms you need to use very Slimly built stemps. Then the room were ok even no tv inside. Wifi was very poor, we had to go out of the room to catch the conection. Bad room was everything else than clean. Other guests were so nice that they left a wet floor after the shower so my mum slipped on the floor. Bath room was always dirty. No water boiler in the room nothing.

Alot of echo in the rooms but the staff are super helpful.

• 12th May 2014

Creepy place ! The room had a strong fresh paint smell. The shared bathroom was filthy and I could tell by the smellother guests were smoking in it.There was a total lack of care for everything, they didn't even bother to put some ugly paintings on the wall to make the place not look like a mental institute. I had a fight with one of the staff members during the first (and last) day of my staying. THEY WON'T LET YOU CARRY YOUR OWN ROOM KEY OUT OF THE HOSTEL. I don't think it is meant 4 tourism

• 10th May 2014

The client attempted to enter another person in the single room we had booked for him and was prevented by the manager as we wanted failed twice decided to cancel the booking we had for 9 days terceirodia having been returned to 50% of what was paid

Small rooms, Internet doesnt work everywhere, so make sure you check it. I switched rooms. Room was very small, it was always light in the room, and you could hear everything from the street. However, it's clean, cleaned daily, sink in every room. Was able to do laundry with drying for 2€, instead of 5€ for only washing as I was first told. I also didn't like the fact that you have to leave your key everytime you go, but all together for 13€ it was def worth the stay!

A very simple but oke hostel. It's cheap, but the beds are clean, shower and bathroom are kept cleen and the beds are made in the morning. No breakfast is being served and the athmosphere is not there. Fine hostel for just a bed. Beds are not perfect for tall people... You have to ring a Bell for entering te hostel, so the security is good! From the outside it's hard to see it's a hostel. Location is good, nice restaurants nearby!

• 21st Apr 2014

located in a fantastic location. in the heart of everything! very clean rooms but sometimes the bathrooms could have some improvements can get a bit noisy if you're staying towards the street.also the internet was intermittent and unreliable on the top floors.

Perfect. Simple, clean, fair price, central location. No fuss.

I was very glad to stay in the Hostel and I wich that I dident move to another in Lisbon. Perfekt for me.

View all Lisbon Bed and Breakfasts