Duque - Casa de Hospedes Reviews

Cal�ada do Duque 53, Lisbon, Portugal

Great hostel, very clean, extremely well located, great staff! I will go back to this place in my next trip to Lisbon!

The room was clean & centrally located.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

I would not recommend this hostel to anybody. The room we were first offered had bed bugs and was filthy. The second room was also dirty (hair on the floor and bedding). The internet is not actually available in any rooms and the hostel has no common space. Finally, the toilets smelt bad and also had hair everywhere!

Despite having a great location it was a disappointment compared to other independent hostels that I have used in Lisbon.My single private room was under the stairs, it was unclean, the bed was uncomfortable and the tiny window made the room claustrophobic. Unless you are on a real budget look elsewhere.

Wonderful view from my balcony

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

I stayed in a private room, that was tidied everyday, but not cleaned. There was only one toilet on our floor, which was a bit annoying in the mornings. There are a lot of stairs, which could be a problem if you have a lot of luggage, but a member of staff offered to bring our bags to the 4th floor. Location is excellent, but there's no kitchen or living room to relax and use the wifi (no wifi in the bedroom). There are no lockers. For its price and location, I would definitely recommend Duque!

got an incredible bargain here,though, not surprisingly, the smallest room ever and over a noisy pedestrianised path. The linens were clean and fresh and if you get a room away frpm the path its a really good bargain place to stay. It is clear the owners try very hard to do all they can to make this as good a sit can possibly be.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

As someone else mentioned it is no frills and not overly soundproof, but the location more than makes up for it. There was only 1 bathroom on the floor I was on which wasn't ideal, but it would not deter me from staying here again.

The position is perfect! The building is nothing special but the bed was comfortable and they clean the room every day. The staff was very kind and willing.

• 19th Sep 2014