Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Durty Nellys treated our group of 24 lads really well - would recommend to anyone, great location, friendly staff, cheap food and drink and not a bad nights sleep to boot!

Although I put my ear plugs in, the bass from music still got to me.

Was a really good hostel great location right at the red light district, really good value for money really nice staff! Would definitely use this hostel again!

• 18th May 2015

Cheery staff of Irish, Dutch, kiwi, and other origins. Very friendly. The other travelers were nice. I arrived at the location a day late and they were cool. The rooms are very tight. They have role out lock cages under the bed but they are difficult to access quietly at night because of lack of room. Bathrooms located in each room with spacious shower. Breakfast was buffet style and filling. Located right next to coffee shops and red light district if that's what you're into. Chill bar overall

I guess I should've known what I was getting into while staying in the red light district. Overall it got the job done but wasn't a great place to meet people and the bathroom was incredibly small. The girl I was actually sharing a room with got stuck in the bathroom because the lock sucked. Overall the facility was clean and the bed was alright. The staff however was pretty helpful. I wouldn't stay in the red light district again but if you're about the party life this is a fine stop for you.

Good place

Great place to stay. Good location especially for party goers. Quite noisy in the morning with all the street cleaning and the bells chiming like crazy, but not much to be done about that. Overall a really good experience!

It is in a great location and the staff are so friendly. They really went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. The rooms were a little cramped and the bathroom and shower were located in the room. It was clean but because so many people were in our room it had some body odor. We dropped our bags off before checking in and they locked them up and we had no problems. It is nice that there is a bar below so you can drink and stumble to bed. You cannot hear any bar noise n room

• 12th May 2015

All's good, only a price is a bit higher

Great hostel, excellent location and great atmosphere. Staff was super helpful and friendly and the bar made for a perfect common area. Before I even checked in, I was already making friends! Only minor complaint is that quarters are somewhat tight for a taller guy like myself, and some of the lockers are in awkward positions, but it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment. Will definitely return to Durty Nelly's next time I'm in Amsterdam!

• 12th May 2015

The hostel was located very centrally in the red light district, and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and had a private bathroom/shower but was very small and cramped. Other than Durty Nelly's bar (which had a mix of people) there was no communal area which meant that it wasn't a very social hostel. The breakfast was very basic. However all things considered, it was good value for money.

great venue. cannot recommend enough.

The best hostel beds I have ever slept in. They also provide locks for the lockers under the bed. The only things I didn't like was that there was only one shower and sink per room (10-12 people). Also, the only common room is the bar downstairs. Other than that, the location is amazing, staff are great and it's super clean!

Really helpful staff, great location, and great food specials!

• 6th May 2015

The australian girl of the staff was the best!!! Nice pub on the groundfloor. Excelent ubication and good breakfast.

Rooms are very small. Wifi was spotty. Everything else was great.

Very friendly staff! Great hostel, perfect location.

Perfect location, clean rooms and beds, very lovely staff and good food in the bar. Despite being above an 'Irish pub' it's actually really quiet in the hostel upstairs. The lockers under the beds are a lot bigger than other hostel's lockers. I'd stay here again when I next come to Amsterdam.

Hi young lady,We'll be glad to see you again.Nice to see someone make alot of new friends like you did,cheers Jim

Staff very friendly. Very good localization. There is a pub attached to the hostel. It's good, but have too noisy if you are sleeping in bed which is in the front window. The lockers are under the bed, and sometimes is difficult to use them because the rooms are tiny. The bed liners needs changed.

It was my first time in Amsterdam and I couldn't have picked a better hostel to share my experience with. I stayed here for 6 nights and received a great deal of support from everyone. From Jim, Alex, to every staff member of the Inn and downstairs Bar, they really take care of the guests and ensure everyone is having a great time. Even when my 21st birthday was the day after King's Day, these guys still wanted to party!! And I love 'em for it! Mahalo Durty Nelly's Inn!

Cheers young man.Aloha Jim@ the Nellys crew