Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Durty Nellys is in a location that can't be beat. My stay was fantastic, as a lone traveller a lounge area dedicated to the hostel would have been nice rather than the bar that is located on ground floor. Would recommend.

Amazing location. Couldn't have picked a better location myself. Great staff as well, especially the younger guy with black hair and glassess. We all thought he was amazing.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Didn't change any of the sheets!!! This can't happen in a hostel! Toilet seat broken and dirty bathrooms. But still can't beat location and security along with helpful staff. Quick to resolve any problems. Good stay overall but definitely bring ear plugs!!

Hi,thanks for your comments.We change the bedding at check out or every 3rd morning of your stay if you stay longer than 2 nights.This does depend on the guest being out of the bed by 12 noon,thanks Jim

Perfect spot! The bar girls are cute too👌

• 17th Aug 2014

Cheaper than others and you get what you paid for. Fantastic location and staff. Great bar. Free breakfast!! Security was good, the staff monitored who went into the hostel and the rooms had key cards and lockers. I disliked that there wasn't many power points in the room and the bathroom was kinda gross.

Hi ,Thanks for your kind comments.In October our new beds with built in power sockets,reading lights,usb chargers and underbed lockers arrive and we'll be refurbing that rooms bathroom up to the high standard of our other rooms,cheers Jim

This is my second stay here and again, everything I need it's provided here. Amsterdam is not cheap so I'm very happy to have found my perfect hostel. :)

Location is great - right next to the Red Light District. Overall a nice hostel.

Hostel was great, comfy beds and great bar below it. The residents discount on food and drink is a great bonus. Staff we're very friendly and offered great advice on what to do in Amsterdam. Only downside was the limited choice at breakfast, but more variety would have been better but that said I had a great experience at durty nellys. I would definatly go back there.

• 10th Aug 2014

Really nice place in a great location. Breakfast is surprisingly good. There aren't a large amount of outlets. A bit pricey, but hey, it's Amsterdam.

Durty Nelly's saved me on my trip to Amsterdam. Long story short, the staff at Nelly's was the greatest in helping me when my stuff got stolen! So unfortunate on holiday, but they helped me figure out public transportation, print out police report forms, and just as importantly, gave me solid advice on where to go grab a drink to decompress from such a stressful day! And for anyone wondering, the wifi and free breakfast is solid! :) I highly recommend Durty Nelly's!

Cheers young lady.See you again soon we hope,thanks Jim

The staff were what made this place excellent. A few people I dealt with were all understanding, easy going and accommodating. Gets pricy on the weekend but it seems like that's how it is in amsterdam in General, all hostels are not cheap. Location is great, right in the center of everything. Only downside is, despite that we can use the bar as common area, the hostel itself felt cramp. It felt like a place you just go to sleep and get out. Hope they can somehow create a sitting area.

The hostel is very well-located in the heart of Amsterdam on an extremely happening street. There is a pub downstairs that plays great music and ha a very lively atmosphere. Despite that, however, the hostel maintains very good security and ensures that guests' rooms are cordoned off from general patrons of the pub. I also felt that the hostel maintained very high standards of cleanliness. Overall, I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lively place to stay in Amsterdam.

Staff were amazing !!!!

Felt a little crammed in the rooms. The A/C was hit and miss; either way too strong or way too weak. Everything else was alright though.

The hostel is very close to Amsterdam Centraal station, only a 5 minute walk which is very convenient. It is also within walking distance to most tourist attractions. The buildings and rooms are very secure and each has a large locker which will fit a backpack...bring your own pad lock! Only downside was that there was no common area, only a pub. This made it harder to just lounge around and meet others.

Nothing spectacilar but in the heart of amsterdams most famously touristy district. Dont stay if you want a good nights sleep or a chance to meet some locals. Do stay if you are with friends and are planning to party. No common area except the bar so kore difficult to meet other travellers but dorm and staff were super friendly

Great location for Hostel, right around the corner of the infamous Red Light district. Lots of places to eat and go shopping. Hostel was clean and lockers were provided. The Breakfast is just toast, cereal, cold cuts and some cheeses... coffee and tea is also provided. Over all a good experience.

The location is good, near the Central Station and other points of interest. Staff is friendly and helpful. The problem is about cleanliness, the room could be in better clean conditions.

Durty Nellys is a great place to stay in Amsterdam. The location is perfect, the hostel is very clean, the staff is very friendly and very helpful and will go out of their way to ensure you are assisted and guided. The bar on the ground flow is awesome and if you stay in the hostel you get good discounts. Highly recommended.

Staff was very nice, people I met also, and you get to live in the hart of Amsterdam! I warmly recommend it.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Romania

Thank you,great to hear you enjoyed your visit,cheers Jim

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6