Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Wicked place apart from the wifi not working properly in the pub area - lovely staff and great food

• 18th Apr 2014

Cheers guys.Our renovations are affecting our Wifi at the back of the bar but we should have this sorted in the next few days,thanks Jim

The staff members were all so friendly! I don't remember reading that breakfast was included, but it was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are basic. Good enough for a night's stay. There was no hot water for the showers. Just ask the staff member to turn on the boiler. I'd recommend it--it's basic but good value for the money.

The staff was fantastic and super nice. Fantastic location. Great services. Nice bar downstairs. My one complaint: my window couldn't close and the radiator was off at first so it was really cold. After stuffing a sock underneath and turning on the heat though everything was great lol.

The hostel itself is OK, but I really like how there's a very accessible bar under the hostel. My friends and I "donated" a lot of money to that bar!

Everything was perfect from the moment we walked into Durty Nellys to the moment we left. The rooms had everything necessary for my group of 20's two-nights stay. The prices at the bar were the best we came across in Amsterdam. The staff were very helpful to us also. Perfect location for a stag do! I will definitely stay here again when I am back in this great city.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Nice place very close to the central station. As a hostel guest you have some extra foods and drinks you can order. I had the pancakes for dinner, that means I got my stomach filled well in Amsterdam for only 4 euro!!! And for Dutch people 5 pancakes are always good food.

• 8th Apr 2014

Have stayed at Durty Nellys previously. Since then the bar has been made over and looks fantastic. Great value getting a free breakfast and discounted meals/drinks for hostel residents. Fantastic location. Room met the purpose for a bunch of guys on a party holiday. Highly recommended.

• 7th Apr 2014

Cheers guys,We're loving Nellys new look too,thanks Jim

There was also a discount included in the bar and restaurant downstairs. Very helpful considering how expensive Amsterdam is as a city. We even had our bags carried downstairs by a member of staff. Excellent.

We stayed at a 6 bed mixed bedroom, but it was so small that actually only 4 could fit in. The breakfast was simple, but ok. The bathroom was always wet and slippery, but the shower was very good. The brazilian recepcionist was very nice and helpful. The Irish bar downstairs was really good but pls pay attention because they served only until 10 pm, and nobody told us that. Despite of that the cheeseburger is wonderful and cheap. The room was too dark and without an individual light.

Thanks for your feedback.Our new beds with individual lights,power sockets and usb chargers will be installed soon which will also have lockers underneath the beds to free up more space in our rooms.We do have posters up stating the kitchen closes at 10pm and this is also stated on our confirmation and info email we send to all guests but I guess you were so excited to be coming to Amsterdam that you missed it:;-)cheers Jim

A wonderful hostel! The wifi was a bit spotty, but every time we asked, a staff member would reset the router for us. The beds in the 8 bed room were a bit close together, but I guess that's to be expected. The discounts for people staying in the hostel at the bar are very good and helpful. It's in a prime location in the Red Light District, right near the Old Cathedral. My only real complaints were that security was little lax and that, since it is a bar, some patrons were rather loud.

Great hostel. Room weren't too spacious but very clean and comfortable with ensuite bathrooms. Breakfast wasn't anything special but free so can't complain and great discounts on food and for hostel guests made a difference as Amsterdam isn't cheap. Staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating and Leo the hot barman was my favourite!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Scotland

It was a good hostel, no complaints just a little more crowed then we would have liked. But clean, staff was really nice and helpful, we didn't go out but it seems to be in the perfect location for night life. Close to major attractions and a 5 minutes to the train station. Plus lots of food around and the bar is right in the hostel with a discount menue for hostel guests. They do serve breakfast - not just bread or cereal. It wasn't super quiet might want earplugs but it wasn't unbearable.

My stay at Durty Nellys Inn was fantastic! The room was cleaned everyday and the staff were always ever so helpful! I'm going back to Amsterdam in June and will book with them again. Thank you all and see you soon!

• 27th Mar 2014

amazing staff, amazing location........top class!!!

Thanks for your great review,cheers Jim

Great hostel, the location is great, 10/15mins from the station - super easy to find! The rooms arent masssive nor the toilets, but are prefect for what you want. Shame that they dont have a kitchen but they let you use the bar downstairs to eat your food! we Bar itself was really nice - discounts on food.drink when staying in the hostel which is a bonus! The cheapest pint we found in Amsterdam! The staff were all really really helpful! and super friendly! Would stay again!!!!!!

• 25th Mar 2014

Very nice pub downstairs with reasonably priced meals and a fun atmosphere. The room itself was very cramped, but fairly clean and quiet. Location was great for exploring Amsterdam.

I had a fantastic stay at Durty Nellys, the Staff are fantastic and very helpful, Food was great, breakfast was also very very good, a truly perfect place to stay.

Great hostel, very helpful and friendly staff.

• 17th Mar 2014

The Hostel is in a good location (right downtown; on top of an irish pub) and the staff is really friendly and helpful. At night and in he morning it is really loud (due to the pub and the people on the street) but if you had enough of the beer (you'll get a discount in the pub) you won't notice. If you don't mind climbing up steep steps to your room, you will find boxes underneath your bed which are big enough to put a big backpack in (you'll get a lock and keys when you check in. We enjoyed it

Great weekend! Stayed for 2 nights as part of a stag do. Up to the weekend I emailed them a few times and always got a quick response back, very polite and helpful. Hostel was clean and even though you are above the bar you can't hear anything. Staff are very nice and helpful. Spent a lot of time in the bar, which had a great atmosphere, lots of Tv's to watch sport etc, good food (inc the free breakfast!!) and of coarse drink, which was not badly priced. Will defiantly use this place again i

• 14th Mar 2014