Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was great, comfy beds and great bar below it. The residents discount on food and drink is a great bonus. Staff we're very friendly and offered great advice on what to do in Amsterdam. Only downside was the limited choice at breakfast, but more variety would have been better but that said I had a great experience at durty nellys. I would definatly go back there.

• 10th Aug 2014

Really nice place in a great location. Breakfast is surprisingly good. There aren't a large amount of outlets. A bit pricey, but hey, it's Amsterdam.

Durty Nelly's saved me on my trip to Amsterdam. Long story short, the staff at Nelly's was the greatest in helping me when my stuff got stolen! So unfortunate on holiday, but they helped me figure out public transportation, print out police report forms, and just as importantly, gave me solid advice on where to go grab a drink to decompress from such a stressful day! And for anyone wondering, the wifi and free breakfast is solid! :) I highly recommend Durty Nelly's!

The staff were what made this place excellent. A few people I dealt with were all understanding, easy going and accommodating. Gets pricy on the weekend but it seems like that's how it is in amsterdam in General, all hostels are not cheap. Location is great, right in the center of everything. Only downside is, despite that we can use the bar as common area, the hostel itself felt cramp. It felt like a place you just go to sleep and get out. Hope they can somehow create a sitting area.

The hostel is very well-located in the heart of Amsterdam on an extremely happening street. There is a pub downstairs that plays great music and ha a very lively atmosphere. Despite that, however, the hostel maintains very good security and ensures that guests' rooms are cordoned off from general patrons of the pub. I also felt that the hostel maintained very high standards of cleanliness. Overall, I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lively place to stay in Amsterdam.

Staff were amazing !!!!

Felt a little crammed in the rooms. The A/C was hit and miss; either way too strong or way too weak. Everything else was alright though.

The hostel is very close to Amsterdam Centraal station, only a 5 minute walk which is very convenient. It is also within walking distance to most tourist attractions. The buildings and rooms are very secure and each has a large locker which will fit a backpack...bring your own pad lock! Only downside was that there was no common area, only a pub. This made it harder to just lounge around and meet others.

Nothing spectacilar but in the heart of amsterdams most famously touristy district. Dont stay if you want a good nights sleep or a chance to meet some locals. Do stay if you are with friends and are planning to party. No common area except the bar so kore difficult to meet other travellers but dorm and staff were super friendly

Great location for Hostel, right around the corner of the infamous Red Light district. Lots of places to eat and go shopping. Hostel was clean and lockers were provided. The Breakfast is just toast, cereal, cold cuts and some cheeses... coffee and tea is also provided. Over all a good experience.

The location is good, near the Central Station and other points of interest. Staff is friendly and helpful. The problem is about cleanliness, the room could be in better clean conditions.

Durty Nellys is a great place to stay in Amsterdam. The location is perfect, the hostel is very clean, the staff is very friendly and very helpful and will go out of their way to ensure you are assisted and guided. The bar on the ground flow is awesome and if you stay in the hostel you get good discounts. Highly recommended.

Staff was very nice, people I met also, and you get to live in the hart of Amsterdam! I warmly recommend it.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Romania

Thank you,great to hear you enjoyed your visit,cheers Jim

While this hostel might not have the common lounge aspect that many other hostels do, the main floor pub is a great place to hang out. The staff are incredibly helpful and nice to guests. Rooms are nice with a shower/toilet inside the room. Didn't get the chance to meet the most people other than in my room though. Overall enjoyed my stay!

For a budget hostel, the quality is very correct. Do not expect to spend some time in your room for other thing than sleeping. The bar just under the hostel is a good thing.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place means well, but it falls terribly short. The rooms are small with tiny bunk beds that sit low to the ground. The lockers are old and make a ton of noise. The bathrooms are fine. There's no common area other than the bar downstairs. The front desk is a tiny room at the corner of the bar. The breakfast is disgusting, but it's free. The best thing is the location.The staff was nice and helpful. I felt bad that they had to work in such a mess. Should be cheaper for what you get

Hi,Thanks for your comments about the Nellys crew.Due to the nature of buildings in the centre we don't have much space to work with but we hope our new beds[arriving Oct] with underbed lockers,reading lights,power sockets and usb chargers will give everyone more space and comfort.Regarding our reception/no common room we have asked for planning permission but this takes time.Our breakfast is pretty popular but we'd love to hear of any additions you'd recommend.Ta for the feedback,Jim

Best hostel!! Awesome location on red light

Thanks young lady

I had a lovely stay at Durty Nellys although not the best I've stayed at. I booked last minute so it was the cheapest hostel that still had availability. The staff was very friendly and helpful! There's a bar downstairs so it's great for socializing. I personally didn't mind but others might care that the rooms are really quite small and cramped. Each dorm has a bathroom and shower inside. It's a very short walk from the train station and on the edge of the red light district.

I loved my stay at Durty Nellys. The location was perfect, and the staff incredibly helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone, and will stay there again the next time I am in Amsterdam.

• 8th Jul 2014

We spent 3 nights here in July had really enjoyed our stay here. Hostel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hostel is centrally located but can be a bad thing too because of all the noise on the streets late at night. The wifi was temperamental and only worked in the bar. The breakfast was great (eggs, cereal, bread, ham, cheese, tea and coffee). The bar offers discounts for residents and the pasta dish of the day was always good

Cheers for the great feedback.We do have a problem with Apple devices regarding wifi upstairs and we've asked the Apple store for advice and even an Apple employee that stayed with us but no joy.Any advice would be appreciated,thanks Jim

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6