Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is very close to Amsterdam Centraal station, only a 5 minute walk which is very convenient. It is also within walking distance to most tourist attractions. The buildings and rooms are very secure and each has a large locker which will fit a backpack...bring your own pad lock! Only downside was that there was no common area, only a pub. This made it harder to just lounge around and meet others.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Nothing spectacilar but in the heart of amsterdams most famously touristy district. Dont stay if you want a good nights sleep or a chance to meet some locals. Do stay if you are with friends and are planning to party. No common area except the bar so kore difficult to meet other travellers but dorm and staff were super friendly

Great location for Hostel, right around the corner of the infamous Red Light district. Lots of places to eat and go shopping. Hostel was clean and lockers were provided. The Breakfast is just toast, cereal, cold cuts and some cheeses... coffee and tea is also provided. Over all a good experience.

• 17th Jul 2014

The location is good, near the Central Station and other points of interest. Staff is friendly and helpful. The problem is about cleanliness, the room could be in better clean conditions.

Staff was very nice, people I met also, and you get to live in the hart of Amsterdam! I warmly recommend it.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Romania

Thank you,great to hear you enjoyed your visit,cheers Jim

While this hostel might not have the common lounge aspect that many other hostels do, the main floor pub is a great place to hang out. The staff are incredibly helpful and nice to guests. Rooms are nice with a shower/toilet inside the room. Didn't get the chance to meet the most people other than in my room though. Overall enjoyed my stay!

For a budget hostel, the quality is very correct. Do not expect to spend some time in your room for other thing than sleeping. The bar just under the hostel is a good thing.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place means well, but it falls terribly short. The rooms are small with tiny bunk beds that sit low to the ground. The lockers are old and make a ton of noise. The bathrooms are fine. There's no common area other than the bar downstairs. The front desk is a tiny room at the corner of the bar. The breakfast is disgusting, but it's free. The best thing is the location.The staff was nice and helpful. I felt bad that they had to work in such a mess. Should be cheaper for what you get

Hi,Thanks for your comments about the Nellys crew.Due to the nature of buildings in the centre we don't have much space to work with but we hope our new beds[arriving Oct] with underbed lockers,reading lights,power sockets and usb chargers will give everyone more space and comfort.Regarding our reception/no common room we have asked for planning permission but this takes time.Our breakfast is pretty popular but we'd love to hear of any additions you'd recommend.Ta for the feedback,Jim

Best hostel!! Awesome location on red light

Thanks young lady

I had a lovely stay at Durty Nellys although not the best I've stayed at. I booked last minute so it was the cheapest hostel that still had availability. The staff was very friendly and helpful! There's a bar downstairs so it's great for socializing. I personally didn't mind but others might care that the rooms are really quite small and cramped. Each dorm has a bathroom and shower inside. It's a very short walk from the train station and on the edge of the red light district.

I loved my stay at Durty Nellys. The location was perfect, and the staff incredibly helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone, and will stay there again the next time I am in Amsterdam.

• 8th Jul 2014

We spent 3 nights here in July had really enjoyed our stay here. Hostel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hostel is centrally located but can be a bad thing too because of all the noise on the streets late at night. The wifi was temperamental and only worked in the bar. The breakfast was great (eggs, cereal, bread, ham, cheese, tea and coffee). The bar offers discounts for residents and the pasta dish of the day was always good

Cheers for the great feedback.We do have a problem with Apple devices regarding wifi upstairs and we've asked the Apple store for advice and even an Apple employee that stayed with us but no joy.Any advice would be appreciated,thanks Jim

Staff are extremely helpful and frienfly, the location is perfect and you get a free simple breakfast!

It's a bar! But a hostel on top. It was weird at first, but it was nice later ;) very convenient. Great place overall but based on location, it was great to see the sights but also hire noisy till 2-4 am.

Can't rate this place highly enough for a large Stag group. Not 1 out of 26 people could fault it!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Cheers,great bunch of lads,All the best Jim

Great place! Highly recommend. Staff is amazing and you can meet great people at the bar below. Even though it's called durty nellys it was still very clean and in a great location!

Very friendly staff, excellent location, my 10-bed room was totally comfortable, very clean. Good breakfast. Cool atmosphere. Great value for money. Will totally recommend and book again as soon as I go back to Amsterdam.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Great location in a very busy part (lots of tourists) of Amsterdam close to the central station. Nice simple breakfast included in the price. The price hikes right up on a Saturday night (too much in my opinion). Only other negative was caused by guests in nearby rooms allowing the doors to slam shut. I actually thought a bomb had exploded nearby as I was woken up one morning by the building shaking, such is the force of the slamming doors.

Great location, friendly staff, good pint

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Wales

The place was clean, bed comfortable, lock is provided for your locker under the bed, breakfast was free and sufficient, staff very friendly and helpful, the pub downstairs is definitely a plus! It's few mins walk from Amsterdam Centraal and Dam Square the other way. Very convenient. Few minor problems - super difficult to pull the locker out and push back in; only 1 plug in a 12 person dom to charge phone, wifi hardly works in room, scary steep stairs! But I'll definitely stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6