Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location for Hostel, right around the corner of the infamous Red Light district. Lots of places to eat and go shopping. Hostel was clean and lockers were provided. The Breakfast is just toast, cereal, cold cuts and some cheeses... coffee and tea is also provided. Over all a good experience.

• 17th Jul 2014

Staff was very nice, people I met also, and you get to live in the hart of Amsterdam! I warmly recommend it.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Romania

Thank you,great to hear you enjoyed your visit,cheers Jim

For a budget hostel, the quality is very correct. Do not expect to spend some time in your room for other thing than sleeping. The bar just under the hostel is a good thing.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place means well, but it falls terribly short. The rooms are small with tiny bunk beds that sit low to the ground. The lockers are old and make a ton of noise. The bathrooms are fine. There's no common area other than the bar downstairs. The front desk is a tiny room at the corner of the bar. The breakfast is disgusting, but it's free. The best thing is the location.The staff was nice and helpful. I felt bad that they had to work in such a mess. Should be cheaper for what you get

Hi,Thanks for your comments about the Nellys crew.Due to the nature of buildings in the centre we don't have much space to work with but we hope our new beds[arriving Oct] with underbed lockers,reading lights,power sockets and usb chargers will give everyone more space and comfort.Regarding our reception/no common room we have asked for planning permission but this takes time.Our breakfast is pretty popular but we'd love to hear of any additions you'd recommend.Ta for the feedback,Jim

Best hostel!! Awesome location on red light

Thanks young lady

I loved my stay at Durty Nellys. The location was perfect, and the staff incredibly helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone, and will stay there again the next time I am in Amsterdam.

• 8th Jul 2014

We spent 3 nights here in July had really enjoyed our stay here. Hostel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hostel is centrally located but can be a bad thing too because of all the noise on the streets late at night. The wifi was temperamental and only worked in the bar. The breakfast was great (eggs, cereal, bread, ham, cheese, tea and coffee). The bar offers discounts for residents and the pasta dish of the day was always good

Cheers for the great feedback.We do have a problem with Apple devices regarding wifi upstairs and we've asked the Apple store for advice and even an Apple employee that stayed with us but no joy.Any advice would be appreciated,thanks Jim

Staff are extremely helpful and frienfly, the location is perfect and you get a free simple breakfast!

It's a bar! But a hostel on top. It was weird at first, but it was nice later ;) very convenient. Great place overall but based on location, it was great to see the sights but also hire noisy till 2-4 am.

Can't rate this place highly enough for a large Stag group. Not 1 out of 26 people could fault it!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Cheers,great bunch of lads,All the best Jim

Great place! Highly recommend. Staff is amazing and you can meet great people at the bar below. Even though it's called durty nellys it was still very clean and in a great location!

Very friendly staff, excellent location, my 10-bed room was totally comfortable, very clean. Good breakfast. Cool atmosphere. Great value for money. Will totally recommend and book again as soon as I go back to Amsterdam.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Great location, friendly staff, good pint

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Wales

The place was clean, bed comfortable, lock is provided for your locker under the bed, breakfast was free and sufficient, staff very friendly and helpful, the pub downstairs is definitely a plus! It's few mins walk from Amsterdam Centraal and Dam Square the other way. Very convenient. Few minor problems - super difficult to pull the locker out and push back in; only 1 plug in a 12 person dom to charge phone, wifi hardly works in room, scary steep stairs! But I'll definitely stay there again.

Depending on the type of backpacker you are, Durty Nelly's can be great! The location is fantastic right in the core of Amsterdam within the red light district. This makes is easy to walk to most attractions (or bike shops so you can bike around) but does make it very loud until very late. We could hear the voices on the street til probably 4am. So if you are light sleeper this place isn't for you. Staff we awesome and extremely helpful!

I had a good stay at Durty Nelly's. The location was unbeatable. We were right in the middle of everything and close to the Red Light District. The staff were excellent and the bar downstairs was always a good time. The only thing I would change about the hostel is the cleanliness. Although we had our own bathroom and shower in our room, it didn't feel the cleanest. The plaster behind the sink was rotting, and the sinks sprayed water everywhere no matter how low you turned the water on.

Best place I could've found in Amsterdam. Perfect location, staff, and atmosphere. I'd been traveling for a couple weeks and having such a friendly and open staff when I got there was a godsend. I really think that the experience made my whole visit to Amsterdam one of the best times I had in Europe. Definitely recommend.

Durty Nellys is in a great safe location just a few mins from Dam Square and just around the corner from the red light district. The bar downstairs does a great burger and good pasta at a reduced rate for people staying at the hostel. The rooms are clean, nice and spacious with large under bed lockers. The staff are really friendly too :-). The only thing I missed is a common room but you can always meet people in the bar. Would 100% stay here again!

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Bar had a good atmosphere and discounted food and drink for people staying in the hostel. The stairs up to the rooms are a killer! The lockers underneath the beds were great (padlock given). Internet was good and available in all areas of the hostel and common area.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Possibly my favorite hostel of my trip around Europe. This was my first hostel experience and I felt incredibly welcome from the moment I stepped in the door. Super friendly staff who were very helpful in explaining everything there is to do in the city. The pub has a great atmosphere and really felt like a nice place to come back to and relax after adventuring around the city. You also get discounts on select food and drink which is great for budget travelers. Location is perfect for nightlife

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6