Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

You can lock your stuff under the bed so pretty safe. Central location,quite loud at nigh. Helpfull staff, wifi, pub in the same building. Really poor breakfast, very low quality. Maps available in the hotel, towels to rent etc. Good value for money as Amsterdam is pretty expensive. Nothing to complain about.

Durty nellys was a good hostel, my only complaints were the lack of a common area, yeah we could use the bar but you didn't know if the people were from the hostel and as a lone traveller I didn't really mingle, also the situation with getting in at night, one door? The other? The bar??? the staff were lovely and helped me when I needed it and as for the beds, I couldn't get over how comfy they were! I myself would reccommed it but maybe not for solo travellers!

great location and very helpful staff

• 9th Sep 2014

Great value for money, perfect location to see the city and party. Bit of noise at night but no worries. Nice big lockers, clean and good breakfast!

The hostel is very good, not only met new friends, a good environment, location is quite good, the staff was very friendly, I will introduce to my friends. I like the Netherlands.

Nice place right on the edge of the Red Light District. Easy to find from Central Station. Great security, awesome staff and a pretty decent breakfast. And clean bathrooms. Only problem was my room was rather small and had no window to open. But other than that its a nice place!

Stayed at Nelly's for 2 nights. If you're going to Amsterdam to party this is for you. A road over from the red light district and a 2 minute walk from dam square, this hostel is right in the 'middle'. The lack of a dedicated common room kind of sucks because you're relegated to hanging out in the lower level of the bar below the hostel. With the discount the beer is definitely the cheapest you're going to find on draft in that area. The staff were awesome - friendly and nice.

Good value for the money. Excellent location in Amsterdam, easily able to reach tourist sites, coffee shops, etc. Rooms are very tight but have lockers which is nice. It is right next to a bar and the street so expect noise at night, but ear plugs solve that problem!

Nice hostel with very good location and nice people.

Good location, no common area but the bar downstairs works as well, free breakfast is good.

Durty Nellys is in a location that can't be beat. My stay was fantastic, as a lone traveller a lounge area dedicated to the hostel would have been nice rather than the bar that is located on ground floor. Would recommend.

This hostel doesn't have a common room, so if you're the only girl (solo travelling) stuck in a room with 2 groups of dudes who were exclusive and antisocial, it's almost impossible to meet others. But breakfast was okay and the location is amazing

Amazing location. Couldn't have picked a better location myself. Great staff as well, especially the younger guy with black hair and glassess. We all thought he was amazing.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Aside from the location, this isn't a very good hostel. First of all, the room I had anyways, was an 8 bed room and it really only should have had 4 beds in it. 6 would be acceptable. We had no room to move. And I have been in ~50 different hostels around the world. Secondly, no wifi in the room. Thirdly, there was no common area for people to hang out and socialize. All there is was an expensive irish pub downstairs. Finally, no kitchen to cook your own food and save some $.

Hi ,Thanks for the feedback.Room size is a problem in central Amsterdam due to old buildings and also making the hostel economically viable.We will receive our new beds with underbed lockers,reading lights and power sockets next month which we hope will give our guests extra space.We do have wifi in all rooms except for some Apple devices which only work in our bar.Regarding lack of kitchen/common room we don't advertise these facilities so if that's important maybe choose one that does

Very good location, but there wasnt even kitchen.

The best thing about this hostel is its location, very near the central station, next to the red light district and within a short walk from major attractions (not that Amsterdam requires walking long distances). The included breakfast is very good and should keep you going for most of your day. The stairs in the hostel are very steep, avoid if you have any mobile restrictions. Staff was friendly and attentive, but i missed a common area exclusive to the hostel (not a pub).

Location was great, staff was lovely as was atmosphere. The sheets on the bed/pillows obviously had not been washed in a while and were pretty gross. Only other complaint is the 5 euro cash deposit for towels and 10 euro deposit for keys. Since this was our last stop and we were leaving Europe the next day it stunk to be forced to do all that in cash.

Didn't change any of the sheets!!! This can't happen in a hostel! Toilet seat broken and dirty bathrooms. But still can't beat location and security along with helpful staff. Quick to resolve any problems. Good stay overall but definitely bring ear plugs!!

Hi,thanks for your comments.We change the bedding at check out or every 3rd morning of your stay if you stay longer than 2 nights.This does depend on the guest being out of the bed by 12 noon,thanks Jim

Perfect spot! The bar girls are cute too👌

• 17th Aug 2014

Cheaper than others and you get what you paid for. Fantastic location and staff. Great bar. Free breakfast!! Security was good, the staff monitored who went into the hostel and the rooms had key cards and lockers. I disliked that there wasn't many power points in the room and the bathroom was kinda gross.

Hi ,Thanks for your kind comments.In October our new beds with built in power sockets,reading lights,usb chargers and underbed lockers arrive and we'll be refurbing that rooms bathroom up to the high standard of our other rooms,cheers Jim

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6