Durty Nellys Inn Reviews

Warmoesstraat 117, 1012 JA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I was in a four ppl dorm, which were cleaned everyday, despite the window sill and furnishing look a bit old and dirty, overall the room seems pleasing and pleasant to stay in. Staff was amazingly friendly, one of the most friendly staff I meet through out my travel in Europe, that alone cancel out the negatives. Breakfast and wifi was average.

I felt the hostel was a little overpriced for the facilities on offer. The receptionist was really friendly and helpful. I felt the breakfast was a little bit skimpy, there wasn't even any fruit juice. It's a good place to go if you want to have fun in the bar and be centrally located.

Awesome staff and location!

• 16th Mar 2015

It was a great place to stay. I stayed one night in this hostel and met some life long friends! I loved the Pub atmosphere downstairs and the location of the hostel was incredible. I would definitely recommend Durty Nellys Inn to anyone visiting Amsterdam.

Really friendly and nice staff and clean rooms. The building is a bit noisy. ( You can hear everyone who is walking on the hallway, etc..) Security cages are good.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Very friendly staff always willing to help visitors. Great Free/included breakfast!!!!!!! Amazing place to stay for a couple of days while visiting Amsterdam.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

That's a very nice place to stay. It's close to touristic points and to the traditional dutch attractions. The staff is great and the room is excellent to sleep. Downstairs there's a pub with a bar that stays open 24h. The only bad thing, in my opinion, is that there's no place where only the hostel people meet. Everyone can meet at the pub but that means talking to people that are only there for a pint and don't share the spirit of backpacking most hostel people do.

• 10th Mar 2015

Could not fault this place at all

• 7th Mar 2015

Great place to stay, very helpful, friendly staff and always a good atmosphere in the bar. Good basic, private facilities in the room, all nice and clean. We would definitely return.

• 6th Mar 2015

I stayed here for 2 nights this weekend just gone and the place couldnt have been better. It's a good location, flexible in terms of hours the bar stays open with many bars dotted around to cater for any of your requirements. The girls were amazing too.

• 6th Mar 2015

Staff a bit cold but respectful, food a bit expensive but overall very correct Youth hostel. Keep it clean and cheap !

Durty Nelly's was a great hostel to stay at. If you are looking for a place to stay right near the red light district I would highly recommend it. Staff was really nice and you couldnt even here the bar from our room ( which was what we were worried about). Aswell they have cheap food at bar for hostel guesrs to enjoy.

My friends and i all had a great time at nelly's,our room was clean and functional and the staff were helpful and friendly.

• 27th Feb 2015

Horrible wifi service...no relaxed common area, the place is a bar, which at times is cool but not when you just want to relax and work on future travel plans, etc...(which you really cant do anyways with the spotty wifi) Guests get discounts on food and beer at bar...good sized lockers...incredible location (right in the red light district)...best breakfast I have come across yet in my (6 weeks, 6 hostels) eggs, breads, cheese and cold cuts, milk, juices and cereals...great staff!!

Hi,To be fair we do point out that Apple phones will only work on the ground floor on our booking site[even the Apple store couldn't fix it]but Android works in all of the building as we believe wifi should be free and everywhere not just the common areas.Cheers for the other comments and happy travels,Jim

the hostel is good in general. the entrance is located in the irish pub. common room, breakfast are located in the pub itself. the staff is friendly and helpful. lockers are provided and have plenty of space. the shower is ok, not the cleanest i have seen. but acceptable and ok for amsterdam standards.

Thanks for your input.Appreciated.

Perfect location, friendly staff, comfy beds, above a lovely pub with nice food. Rooms are a bit small but all of the above make up for it. Will 100% stay again

• 20th Feb 2015

A great bunch of gals.We look forward to part 2

Great hostel, very helpful and knowledgable staff! Great value for money!

• 18th Feb 2015

Cheers ,We love that you enjoyed the Nelly experience

You were wonderful, guys! very kind, pleasant and funny, thanks a lot ! I had a wonderful time thanks to you !

• 16th Feb 2015

We really appreciate your comments,Cheers Jim

We stayed in the apartment which was adjacent the hostel and it was excellent!

• 16th Feb 2015

Cheers ladies

Very comfortable beds and nice location right in the red light district. Fun bar downstairs with friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5