Dury House Backpackers Reviews

48A Darlinghurst Rd Kings Cross NSW, Sydney, Australia

They said on the hostel world app that they would pick up from the airport, once you have paid the deposit they confirm this will only be between 9-5pm and they won't reimburse your shuttle fare unlike many other hostels in the area. The hostel is very basic, the kitchen is tiny! Only good for making toast in the morning. Go here because it's cheap not because it's a good place to stay.

• 12th Jan 2015

It smells a bit in the kitchen. But good is that every room has it's own fridge and bathroom! Free breakfast is average, WiFi doesn't work everywhere.

If u want quality pay 5$ more a night and go somewhere else. Dury hostel: Bed bucks. Very dirty. Small kitchen with only two good working stoves. Upside is it's cheap.

Friendly mister Dury. Nice and clean hostel. Free bread and rice all day and.... FREE wifi! Really good value for your money compare to other hostels in Sydney. But I didn't like kings cross very much but I don't like to go out so that is personal for me. For the hostel I would defiantly come back.

Good place. Very cheap and lots of free stuff. Rooms are pretty big and quite comfy. Little bit grubby but for the price is good. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Good TV.

The hostel is tiny (space wise) and crammed. I didnt feel secure there, despite a lot of cameras being around. Wifi is free with a password, but is just available on one floor. The kitchen is untidy and is combined with a communal area. This is not the best idea and for the amount of people that are around there its too small. My room was spacious, the bathroom/shower are in the rooms only (there are no toilets outside the rooms to my knowledge). There was a fridge in the room which is a +.

hard to comment on. When I saw the kitchen and the dorm I didn't had the felling anymore I was still in a major advanced first world country. The kitchen looks like it has been burnt-out multiple times and the dorm smelt of hazardous disinfectant. The bunk was rickety with no safety rail, and the owner provided me 1(!) sheet that I wouldn't even use to wipe the floors with. The place was full with poor long staying vagrants that were relying on the free 85ct mc donald bread and rice, 'nuff said.

Nice place to live for cheap rates! You can eat as u want bread and rice all day long.

Not bad for the price. Typical Kings Cross hostel... Little sketchy, but it gets the job done.

• 18th Sep 2014

- very polite and helpful personal - daily cleaning - every room with own fridge and bathroom - reception is open till 10 pm - rice, bread, tea, coffee, jam and peanut butter for free - cool people If I visit Sydney again, I will stay here again!!!! I booked some hostels in Sydney on my trip. Dury was the best hostel.

• 4th Sep 2014