Dury House Backpackers Reviews

48A Darlinghurst Rd Kings Cross NSW, Sydney, Australia

Good place. Very cheap and lots of free stuff. Rooms are pretty big and quite comfy. Little bit grubby but for the price is good. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Good TV.

The hostel is tiny (space wise) and crammed. I didnt feel secure there, despite a lot of cameras being around. Wifi is free with a password, but is just available on one floor. The kitchen is untidy and is combined with a communal area. This is not the best idea and for the amount of people that are around there its too small. My room was spacious, the bathroom/shower are in the rooms only (there are no toilets outside the rooms to my knowledge). There was a fridge in the room which is a +.

hard to comment on. When I saw the kitchen and the dorm I didn't had the felling anymore I was still in a major advanced first world country. The kitchen looks like it has been burnt-out multiple times and the dorm smelt of hazardous disinfectant. The bunk was rickety with no safety rail, and the owner provided me 1(!) sheet that I wouldn't even use to wipe the floors with. The place was full with poor long staying vagrants that were relying on the free 85ct mc donald bread and rice, 'nuff said.

Nice place to live for cheap rates! You can eat as u want bread and rice all day long.

Not bad for the price. Typical Kings Cross hostel... Little sketchy, but it gets the job done.

• 18th Sep 2014

- very polite and helpful personal - daily cleaning - every room with own fridge and bathroom - reception is open till 10 pm - rice, bread, tea, coffee, jam and peanut butter for free - cool people If I visit Sydney again, I will stay here again!!!! I booked some hostels in Sydney on my trip. Dury was the best hostel.

• 4th Sep 2014

Hostel ok, nice people and staff, roof is a plus, free bread and rice : cool BUT bed bugs and room dirty...

• 4th Jul 2014