Dusky Lodge Reviews

67 Beach Rd, Kaikoura, New Zealand

I recommend this backpacker. The bonus are the pool and spa (plus the free breakfast). My stay was in winter and so the pool was empty, but not the spa, and it was very good to enjoy it after carrying my luggage all the day long :)

We stayed in a private double in winter. It was pretty cold but ok once in bed. There are lots of fires which are really nice to sit by. Probably really great in summer too.

The Sauna and the Spa Pool were great! But the lady at the reception was sometimes a bit unfreindly and she doesn't seem like she likes her job very much...a small breakfast in the morning was also nice :-)

Booked a 4 person room only to arrive at the hostel to be booked in to a 6 person room. There were 4 of us and the receptionist said that there was no price difference between the rooms, hence, we should be okay with staying in a 6 person room. We tried to reason with her but after much deliberation her response was merely, ''no I don't understand your problem at all'. She was rude, impatient and the rooms were freezing at night. Don't stay here, you'll probably find a better deal elsewhere.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. And by far the best in Kaikoura!

Nice facilities with two big kitchens. Staff was very nice.

it need a refurbishment and better maintenance

Very basic hostel. Beds nice, kitchen nice but not very clean. No lockers (biggest minus).

• 19th Apr 2015