Dustin Guest House Reviews

346-42 4F, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

very easy to meet other travelers and convenient location

It has a great location, near the subway station and a whole bunch of restaurants. Dustin is nice but I have to say that the chinese girl that works in there darkens the atmosphere. I think I saw her twice sleeping on the couch in the fkng common area until 1 pm...seriously? . Coffee and Toast for breakfast, it's an alright guest house it has potential to improve if more attentive staff were hired.

Had a great time during my stay in Seoul. I met a lot of good people at this place. Excellent location as well! Dustin is a really good host. I defenitely go back on my next Korea trip!

Great location, great people, great atmosphere. 100 points!! I haven't stayed anywhere else in Korea, but I don't need to, because I know I won't have a better time than in Dustin's. Totally recommend :)

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Spain

Best hostel I've ever stayed in, hands down. The rooms were comfortable, the location was great, there was a great common area and rooftop to hang out in and most of all, Dustin is a legend. He played board games with us, took us out to a Korean BBQ place for dinner, drank with us and helped us with directions and sightseeing ideas. I'll be back sooner rather than later and will make sure any of my stopovers to other holidays stop in Seoul, just so I can stay here and hang with Dustin again :)

Incredibly convenient location with our host, the friendly and accommodating Dustin. He will do everything in his power to make your stay a memorable one. While we were there, he actually gave up his own personal bedroom for guests, as the place was overbooked. He speaks great English and Japanese, too! Not especially recommended for light sleepers, as part of the perk of being in a happening area is... well, the noise of nightlife. Nevertheless, this was not a problem for us. Will stay again!

Dustin was extremely welcoming and helpful, which made my stay very enjoyable. Location was awesome and the directions on the hostel description were very easy to follow.

• 20th Mar 2014

Best guesthouse i ever stayed in! Came here because it has some awesome reviews turns out the reviews were true! This guesthouse is really awesome! And dustin was really friendly. And 16 000 won is really cheap this place is really value for money. Saw a review before me that the guest was overcharged. I think otherwise. There must be a misunderstanding because dustin is a really good person and prices itself was really cheap already! Would definitely come back again! Good job dustin! :)

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Very disappointed by this hostel. Dustin is a very good host. But when you extend they make you pay more than the internet price, which doesn't make any sense to me, especially when I was first told it would be the same price. And out of this more expensive price, I got told the two times I extended I would get change I never saw the colour of. It's not about the price, even taking that into account it's not expensive. But I need to know the price first, otherwise I feel tricked. Won't go back.

Dear. I think you got wrong. Its raised when you were here. And Thats the Internet price which you said it on the review. I think you didnt check the price. If you want to get the overcharged (which you think) then come and get it 6$ for 6days. But I should let you know I didn't overcharge you.

Great owner and staff. Superb location and comfort. Would highly recommend to everyone

One of the better hostels I've ever stayed at. Dustin is a really awesome guy and the whole hostel is set up so you meet people. The beds were fine, but I mostly came here for the social aspect. Definitely coming back.

Rock on! Perfect place to start your tour of korea! Dustin is very helpfull!

A W E S O M E

dodgy review

• 9th Feb 2014
  • United Arab Emirates

The owner was friendly and very helpful, its a very short walk into the city but still nice and quiet. The rooftop was just amaizing and all the facilities were very clean and organized. Haven't seen a hostel which is so organized in my whole travel and I'm travelling quite a lot, I would definitely recomment a stay in this hostel for other people.

• 8th Feb 2014

Stay here!!! It's awesome! I booked for 4 days and stayed 14 even though I had the opportunity of staying with a friend for free, such was the good fun I was having. Dustin is a great host, friendly, always eager to help and has a ton of knowledge about the city which he is always willing to share to make sure you make the most out of your stay. Guests are a mixed bag of locals, students and international travelers and the common area is great for meeting people. Great location in Hongdae!

Cozy guest house found in the heart of hippy Hong Dae area! One of the best hostels i've stayed at! Dustin is the best! We'll be back soooon!

Yay! You were such nice guests! See you soon! @:D

I had a great stay. Dustin is very helpful and friendly. The facilities are clean and well maintained. Also, its an awesome location, literally 2 min walk from Hongdae St (which easily accessed from the airport) and in the middle of an awesome nightlife area.

I don't normally provide feedback, but this place is so awesome I had to. Dustin is amazing and will instantly make you feel as if you're staying with an old friend. His "house"-tel is beautifully run and he genuinely cares about your Korea experience. He has a kind heart and you'll leave absolutely in love with him and the place (unless you're heartless) guarenteed. It's impossible to not make friends here which was incredible for a person like me who tends to be more shy. Seriously, stay here!

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

The owner of the hostel was very helpful and sincere. He took the initiative to tell us what are the attractions in Seoul. In addition, when we first arrived, he was already waiting for us and even helped us take our luggage up to the hostel. He is just a very amazing host! The property is clean and looks well furnished. My family members love his place too. I will definitely come to his hostel if I ever come back to Seoul again! Thanks Dustin!

• 20th Dec 2013