Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya Reviews

2-11-6 shinmati kumamoto-city, Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Very nice tatami rooms, very good hostel you can walk to all attractions in Kumamoto almost !

This place is one of my favorite places to stay in Japan. We went on the staff led night tour and had a magical time- honestly, our guide left room in the tour for us to explore and be surprised by the serendipity of life. It was great.

One of my favorite hostels in Japan! They have a great atmosphere, with lots of tasteful traditional Japanese stylistic touches. I really enjoyed hanging in this hostel. Note: if you have a sleeping bag and choose not to use the futon/blanket, they will give you a discount.

Ok, charging an extra amount for using the AC when there's a fan, I can understand. But charging an extra for heating when it's near feezing point and it's cold in the room, that I cannot understand. It's the first time I see a hostel charging for heating. Include that extra in your room prize and don't make people think about it.

This was my first hostel staying in japan, and its very Japanese traditional style, I love it, and I knew many new friends there, I love people in Kumamoto, they are so kind and nice, they would like to tell you anything when you ask. Nice memories there. Thank you.

If you want to stay in traditional japanese rooms for a reasonable price, definetly this is your hostel!! Modern, and extremely clean, the staff is nice, friendly and helpful. The location is OK, a bit far from Kumamoto St. but near from some facilities like 24hrs shops and laundry services. Its a short walk to Kumamoto Castle and downtown. Really a very special place, quite different from big and unpersonal hostels of Tokio or Kyoto.

Requring addtional utility is not reasonable. Other hostels never did this.

A very, very pretty hostel! Staff is friendly and helpful and has good recommendations for getting around, finding good food, and they know where to meet Kumamon! In my opinion, the kitchen didn't quite match the very high standards of the rest of the hostel, and there is no free soap/shampoo in the shower, but nonetheless I would always go there again!

Very nice hostel. single rooms are small but enough for everything. to city center and kumamoto castle it's 5-10min walking.

Single room was cheap (3000 yen) and very good, so I got one. Right next to the tourist spots and the restaurants, but also not too far from the Shinkansen station. Full kitchen, very friendly staff, good wifi, clean bathrooms, laundry facilities, etc. Definitely my favorite hostel so far on this trip. Looking forward to being there for 2 more days next week.

What a positive suprise! The hostel is super clean and awesomely decorated, wifi is very fast, the living room with a huge television and other stuff the nicest I have seen at any hostel! The owner is a very kind man and really cares about his guests. A private basic room is inexpensive and only for sleeping. If you want to relax and maybe take a day off during your busy travel this is great place for that. This is one of few hostels I will probably remember also after my trip.

Very convenient location both to the station (easy way and walking distance) und to Kumamoto Castle. Quiet surrounding. Not so good:The Sign outside (the light) was switched out after 10.30 p.m., so it was a (s)light problem to find the right house in the dark!

• 3rd Nov 2013