Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya Reviews

2-11-6 shinmati kumamoto-city, Kumamoto Shi, Japan

A small backpacker but full of japanese traditional features. Staff are nice and friendly. Rooms are tidy and clean. Highly recommended.

Very nice stay ! it's not the closest to the city center, but the tramway is really close and cheap :)

Rooms are small (literally can only fit the bed). Staff was nice and helpful. We got a little Christmas present in our shoes!

Keep up the good job in keeping the hostel spick and span! It is really comfortable a comfortable place.

Very convenient, welcoming, and a wonderful place for our overnight stay in Kumamoto.

• 20th Dec 2015

Great atmosphere and close to the castle.

Great location, great interior and cozy design, helpful staff!

Great place to stay. We really enjoyed our time here.

• 15th Oct 2015

Nothing to add, one of the best hostel ive been in, maybe à lack of space for luggages in thé room

I highly recommend this excellent hostel. I enjoyed the dyeing, having my own treasure trove and the rooftop terrace.

Very nice place in Kumamoto. Really not far from the city center. The staff was very friendly. Everything seems new. Dorm room is Japanese style (with confortable futons) It was not my first trip in Kumamoto and I wished I knew this place before.

it's great place to stay. Just a note to keep up with the standard, Japanese toilet need attention, it's not so clean. The rest is great.

I have nothing but praises for this place. Clean, beautiful, kitchen with vending machine, lounge filled with comic books (in Japanese), solid futon (not those flimsy ones you usually get at hostels), and helpful staff members. Definitely will stay at the same place if I ever make a trip to Kumamoto.

Very nice and clean hostel and very well decorated. It is a pity that the owner is not as nice as the place itself. We spoke to other guests and they agreed with us that the owner was rude and too strict. Example: We were forced to change our bus tickets because she would refuse to let us check in after 9pm (even though she lives in the same house!). The place was full of excessive rules in my opinion: guests were not allowed to leave their bags in their room but in a closet outside...

Great hostel. I was I a 4 bed Japanese style dorm. Everything you need, AC, lockers, laundry, kitchen. Good social space. Staff were brilliant. Can't fault it.

The Wifi connection in the rooms was pretty bad. Other than that it was a nice stay.

Gorgeous little hostel just a 5/10 minute walk from the action under the covered street! Super clean! And friendly staff!

View all Kumamoto Shi Hostels