Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya Reviews

2-11-6 shinmati kumamoto-city, Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Conveniently located between Aso Station and Mt. Aso, this hostel is beautiful and clean, the staff is friendly, and located next to a great onsen.

I went to this hostel in January and I liked it but Ididn't love it. This time, it was way better. The beds were more comfy and the bathroom cleaner. It would be better if we could rent towel and there was shampoo in the bathroom.

One of the best hostels I have stayed. When the owner introduced me to the facilities. Lights would just turn on where ever we walked. I was wowing at everything he showed me. Very nice Japanese feel to the whole place. Lounge was awesome. Decorations around the place made me felt it was really like in a castle. Electric bike rental was very useful and affordable. Owner spoke great English and was ever so helpful in helping me.

I've never seen a more charming hostel. The decoration is purely magnificent. And for those who don't care about the look of the place, it also comes with the full list of facilities ( very nice kitchen, showers, wifi, charming common room, etc.. ) , so it's a really really good choice for staying in kumamoto. I insist on the fact that the hostel GOT FREE WIFI . even if they forget to mention it on the hostel description.

So far, the cleanest, nicest and most comfortable hostel during this trip to Japan! I really liked Kumamoto a lot, as well.

Great hostel to feel the real Japanese vibe of hostelling. Rent the (electric) bike for 500 jpy and drive around town, nice to go to the garden and the castle. The only thing I don't get used to are the hard/ thin matresses, even after a month travelling to Japan.

Staff was very helpful and friendly! An easy place to find and is about a 5-10 minute walk depending on what tram station you go to. Trams are quite frequent as well. The rooms and bedding are actually like a Ryokan compared to a hostel which is a nice surprise. Bathrooms and facilities were clean and easy to use. Common room was clean with a good layout, free computer use and free wifi also. No curfew, The rooms i saw didnt have locks.

good atmosphere, very comfortable tatami. The staff is helpful. Everything is good but it is hard to find the hostel in the dark environment.

Realy great place. I wil go there again. fantasically clean!; beautiful shinny floors. nice kitchen and shower great great great!!

• 13th May 2014

Very nice tatami rooms, very good hostel you can walk to all attractions in Kumamoto almost !

This place is one of my favorite places to stay in Japan. We went on the staff led night tour and had a magical time- honestly, our guide left room in the tour for us to explore and be surprised by the serendipity of life. It was great.

One of my favorite hostels in Japan! They have a great atmosphere, with lots of tasteful traditional Japanese stylistic touches. I really enjoyed hanging in this hostel. Note: if you have a sleeping bag and choose not to use the futon/blanket, they will give you a discount.

Ok, charging an extra amount for using the AC when there's a fan, I can understand. But charging an extra for heating when it's near feezing point and it's cold in the room, that I cannot understand. It's the first time I see a hostel charging for heating. Include that extra in your room prize and don't make people think about it.

This was my first hostel staying in japan, and its very Japanese traditional style, I love it, and I knew many new friends there, I love people in Kumamoto, they are so kind and nice, they would like to tell you anything when you ask. Nice memories there. Thank you.

View all Kumamoto Shi Hostels