Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya Reviews

2-11-6 shinmati kumamoto-city, Kumamoto Shi, Japan

- staff : friendly - only 2 restrooms for all the guests - only 2 showers for all the guests - no soundproofing between rooms/rooms and rooms/common areas : unpleasant during night time

Please change your directions!! You do not cross the bridges you go past them. Two hours walking across bridges made me look slightly mad. When you do find it easy.

Very good but need renovation. Now it's quite old after I stay here twice.

Great hostel with everything you need to have a confortable and enjoyable stay !

The best hostel I have ever stayed in. Very beautiful decorations in the building and each of us have a private small Japanese-style room.

Great location -- only a ten-minute walk from the main downtown area. The hostel itself is a gorgeous blend of traditional ryokan architecture and modern Japanese design. However, the hostel was a little pricier than places I had stayed elsewhere and the women's dorm was tiny. That being said, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Near tram, good location, good staff. The shared bathroom is ok. very small room but it's ok if you just come back to sleep.

Very close to the Kumamoto station, real easy to get there. Close to Kumamoto Castle aswell (approx 20 min walking). Very friendly staff, they give a tour through their awesome Japanese styles hostel. They provide citymap and point out all the city highlights. Very comfortable beds with thick matress. Living room has even got massage chair. Roof terrace for chilling during day and night time. Best hostel i've been in Japan! I highly recommend it!

• 20th Jul 2014

Great staff, clean and comfy futons. Good traditional japanese atmosphere.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Norway

By far the best hostel I have ever in staff so clean and comfortable!

Conveniently located between Aso Station and Mt. Aso, this hostel is beautiful and clean, the staff is friendly, and located next to a great onsen.

I went to this hostel in January and I liked it but Ididn't love it. This time, it was way better. The beds were more comfy and the bathroom cleaner. It would be better if we could rent towel and there was shampoo in the bathroom.

One of the best hostels I have stayed. When the owner introduced me to the facilities. Lights would just turn on where ever we walked. I was wowing at everything he showed me. Very nice Japanese feel to the whole place. Lounge was awesome. Decorations around the place made me felt it was really like in a castle. Electric bike rental was very useful and affordable. Owner spoke great English and was ever so helpful in helping me.

This along with the hostel I stayed at in Nagano was my favourite hostel to stay at in Japan. Such a nice feel to the place. A cross between traditional and modern. Nice location for moving around, although it's not so close to the station, and was difficult to locate off the tram car. There is a rooftop garden with a great view of Kumamoto castle in the distance. I would stay here again if I come back to Kumamoto in the future.

I've never seen a more charming hostel. The decoration is purely magnificent. And for those who don't care about the look of the place, it also comes with the full list of facilities ( very nice kitchen, showers, wifi, charming common room, etc.. ) , so it's a really really good choice for staying in kumamoto. I insist on the fact that the hostel GOT FREE WIFI . even if they forget to mention it on the hostel description.

So far, the cleanest, nicest and most comfortable hostel during this trip to Japan! I really liked Kumamoto a lot, as well.

Great hostel to feel the real Japanese vibe of hostelling. Rent the (electric) bike for 500 jpy and drive around town, nice to go to the garden and the castle. The only thing I don't get used to are the hard/ thin matresses, even after a month travelling to Japan.

Staff was very helpful and friendly! An easy place to find and is about a 5-10 minute walk depending on what tram station you go to. Trams are quite frequent as well. The rooms and bedding are actually like a Ryokan compared to a hostel which is a nice surprise. Bathrooms and facilities were clean and easy to use. Common room was clean with a good layout, free computer use and free wifi also. No curfew, The rooms i saw didnt have locks.

good atmosphere, very comfortable tatami. The staff is helpful. Everything is good but it is hard to find the hostel in the dark environment.

Realy great place. I wil go there again. fantasically clean!; beautiful shinny floors. nice kitchen and shower great great great!!

• 13th May 2014