Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya Reviews

2-11-6 shinmati kumamoto-city, Kumamoto Shi, Japan

The best and prettiest hostel I have ever been to. If there is an available room in Nakashimaya, just stay here.

I have stayed in over 50 hostels in Japan and this tops them all. Of course, tatami mattress beds aren't the most private, but in terms of being traditional & practical, it works. Great decor and open spaces, a free massage chair, helpful staff and the fun quirk of having a dyeing facility you can use! The only downside is the wifi is a bit shaky in the bedrooms.

• 18th Mar 2015

Is a great hostel, friendly atmosphere, great location and friendly staff!

We stayed only one night but we had a nice stay at this hostel. We arrived after the check-in time but the personal was nice and wait for us until 9:30 pm. The hostel is well located and it's a mix between traditional and modern house. We slept in a traditional japanese room with futons it was small but it was okay for one night and we had storage to put our stuff. The view from the roof is good to see the castle even by night!

• 4th Mar 2015

This is a traditional Japanese Guest House. It is one of the better place that I stayed in while in Japan

Seriously the prettiest hostel I've seen in Japan. Nice massage chair in the common room was just what I had needed. Perfect place, futon in my single room was very comfortable. the only bitter I'm pill: 1.70m, and I fitted just perfectly,but if you're a "tall" traveller and 1.80m or above, email them in advance and inquire whether the single rooms are large enough for you

Hands down nicest hostel I've stayed in in Japan. Fantastic place, great rooftop views lovely staff, biggest TV you've ever seen, close to attractions. 10/10 would stay in again.

GREAT hostel, great atmosphere and sense for detail. Convenient location between bus and train stations.

The staff was very friendly, the whole hostel was very clean and I liked the familiar atmosphere.

By far the nicest hostel I've stayed at in Japan. Comfiest beds, nice rooftop and great location :) thank you

This is the cleanest, nicest hostel I have ever been to. Came here on a recommendation of a friend and loved it! If you get the chance, definitely take the shibori class, it is a really unique and wonderful experience. The storage chests are a bit small for the average backpacker but on the whole this place is amazing! Plus Kumamoto is beautiful!!

I'd stay here again and recommend it for anybody.

This place is amazing, decoration is beautiful!

A really good hostel, so good that it feels more like a good hotel ! It's really clean and the only thing that they should improve is the lighting, because they have beautiful decorations and very nice rooms... lighted by white neons.

One of the best hostels anywhere. It's full of nice and beautiful details, a real work of art - the common room even has a samurai armor (and easily the most gigantic tv I've ever seen in a hostel). Rooftop terrace with a view of the castle. The owner and staff are super nice, and this place feels like a perfect cross between a family business and a fun hostel where to meet other travellers.

The staff was very helpful, friendly and family-like!

I have been travelling nearly 3 months all over Japan and this is definetly one of the BEST hostels I stayed at so far. I can really recommend that place and would choose it again anytime. Thanks again for the amazing stay!

Near tram station, just 1 min walk, and the bed is comfy, the onwer is very helpful, waiting for me until 22:30pm, and he is an dying artist, the house is well designed and decorated, love it so much, good choice, will be back!

View all Kumamoto Shi Hostels