Dylan Cafe and Guest House Reviews

Opp Trio Restaurant ,Main Pura Street, Gandhi Chowk, Jaisalmer, India

A great hotel/hostel - friendly staff, very clean to European standards, great decor, good price, good food, great view of Jaisalmer Fort from the roof top restaurant. I stayed in the Standard room here and met some good people, the desert safari was to an equally high standard for only 1400 rupees. Very happy with my stay here, would recommend.

• 4th Dec 2014

I spent three nights in this guesthouse plus two more nights of safari that I arranged with them too. Staff is wonderful, always trying to help and making you feel like home. Rooms are spacious and the location is good, it's outside the fort. I wouldn't recommend to stay inside the fort... Also, the rooftop terrace is so cosy and with the best music in Jaisalmer. I would totally go back and of course I would recommend it. Gracias Rajiv for your being such a lovely hosts!

• India

I honestly can't give this place a good enough review!! In fact I have never bothered to leave a review before but this is so worth it! We have never felt so welcomed and relaxed in any hotel anywhere in India.. The guys there are such good fun and great for a chat, plus they helped us organize transfers out of jaisalmer.. This place is like a oasis in India, with no hassling and no pressure for anything.. Plus the rooftop restaurant/ bar is the best place to meet people in all of the hotels

• New Zealand

Staying at Dylan cafe and guesthouse was one of the highlights of our trip! The owner Rajiv provides a laugh a minute and joined us on the camel safari which we loved! Great rooftop bar, rooms are decent and the location is very central, everything you need/sights of the town are within a 10 minute walk. Highly recommend this hostel :)

Basic hotel but has everything you need. Lads running it are very chilled. Genuine good value for the money. Wouldn't recommend their own camel tour though, I enjoyed it but going with a more professional company would most probably have been better. Information washroom, transport wasn't great, camel guys hassled me constantly for tips and sleeping arrangements were poor.

Great place for backpackers. Very chilled vibe on the rooftop, good food and great location. Value for money is also amazing. I really enjoyed staying here, and met loads of people too.

• 14th Nov 2014

From walking in the door we new the place to stay in jaisalmer , great location,friendly staff,quirly roof top with a great view of the fort . We spent the evening with rajiv listening to his epic music collection .its really is about the vibe and dylam cafe has it going on . We only wish we could stayed longer.thank you rajiv and all the staff.

• 30th Sep 2014

Dylan's cafe and guest house is a great backpackers hostel with a cool roof top to chill out in and to even order food from the cafe. Good location close to the fort, ATM, markets, nice restaurants and shops but the street is also quite at night. Rooms are very neat, spacious, clean and have hot water. The staff here are also really friendly too! Highly recommend this guest house lots of good vibes here.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I would recommend you take a a/c room as Jaisalmer is damn hot. The staff was nice and they organized a camel ride for us as well. We even got ourselves a free ride from the bus stop. There was a guy with jeep offering to take us to the hotel. Of course he was trying to sell another place as well but we ignored that and got off at Dylan's

Once we checked out we went upstairs and had breakfast. After that I went back to our room and recognized that it has been cleaned - BUT they did not change the sheets, I found the same pillow sheet and bed sheet - the blankets we used were just folded. Maybe not the cleanest way - bedbugs might show up soon :/ When we went to bed the night before we had the feeling that the sheets are not clean and put one from our own blankets underneath. The staff was friendly, wifi was working.

Empty, dirty, stay inside the city walls! I think standards have seriously dropped since it was reviewed in Lonely Planet.

One of the best places we have stayed in during our travels in India. The staff are really nice, they offer great food although it may take quite a while to come out. The rooms are immaculate and great value for money. We got a double room ensuite for only 250r a night, although we did get a free upgrade to this room as the place was empty. It is only a 5 minute walk away from the fort and they can organise camel safaris here for a reasonable price.

Very friendly and helpful staff, the manager is really nice. Good Wifi and nice roof-top.

Nice owner who was very helpful, good location (especially for the price) and wi-fi available.

COME FOR CHILLEXING! cool, dudes, jsut starting out in the business put in heaps of effort to make sure that your stay is as good a syou want it to be. black diamond is a great cook, om and rajeev love to chillax (mainly after 10pm). would stay again fa shouw.

Best option to stay in Jodhpur. Homely and impeccably clean atmosphere, very hospitable owners Mr.Rajiv (raju) & Om . Personal attention was given to all our requirements.The stay was very comfortable.We would surely recommend a stay at Dylan Cafe and Guest house to anyone visiting Jaisalmer. Thank you .Rajiv & Om for your hospitality.

• 5th Dec 2012
  • Poland

It was a pleasure to meet them, there was a really good ambiance, staff was very friendly, and fun, with a very nice roof (beautiful palace view), music, and the best place to eat nutella/banana pancake! and to meet a lot of travellers!!!!

The atmosphere was very good, the staff nice and we enjoying to chill with the guys on the roof top and listen to music. The staff is very open minded. The food was good, but a little bit too expensive. The rooms were clean, but the shower didnt work very good.

View all Jaisalmer Bed and Breakfasts