EDU Hostel Jogja Reviews

Jl Let Jen Suprapto No 17, Ngampilan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

The wifi is horrible, so hard to connect, and it's only on the lobby :s

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Nice swimming pool on the rooftop, friendly staff, lots of fellow travellers. It wasn't the cleanist hostel I've ever been though.

• 20th Jul 2014

BEDBUGS, it's disgusting. We have checked in but checked out after 2 hours as room was stinky, very humidity and everything started itching us after being in the room for 30 minutes. The hostel is doing nothing about to sort the bedbug problem. Not good.

Positive: Nighttime dip in the rooftop pool was a highlight. Staff was friendly. Very helpful facilitating early check-in and early check-out, organizing tours with a discount, providing early breakfast, storing luggage, giving directions to nearby attractions, and calling early taxi. Rooms were clean enough. Ensuite bathroom was nice. Large common area on lobby provided ample social space. Free computers and internet. Negative: Mothball smell, but that is common in Indonesia.

One word for EDU..... BEDBUGS!!! And cockroaches actually. Room was full of them! My friend got bitten to death like I mean everywhere. It was gross and she was in a sleeping liner too.... apart from that it was ok, relatively cheap loaction not amazing but only a short tuk tuk ride away from the main area and train station. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• 6th Jul 2014

This was a fair hostel, mainly liked the tours they offered on which I met a few cool people from the hostel. Besides that there's not much stimulation for travelers to mix. Though this is the only real hostel in jogja, and location makes everything doable by foot which I prefer. Great city this is! Fine stay after all. Ps: roommates got bed bugs :(

The wifi only works in the main lobby. You have to preorder bread for breakfast if you don't want Indonesian breakfast with rice. The rooftop garden is nice, but no one is there because the wifi does not work up there.

Good value (paid 80.000 rupiah), not too far a walk to the Kraton. Reception can organize tours. Room very clean and comfy with good A/C, but no WIFI. Hostel fills with maybe 400-500 local students from ages ~12-18 most nights. I think only 4 rooms (6 beds ea) of non-student beds. The lobby where the WIFI and common area are gets absolutely swarmed but I enjoyed talking with some of the kids who asked where us backpackers were from. Room still relatively quiet. Excellent included breakfast.

This hostel caters mostly to groups of schoolkids, and thus the atmosphere for travelers is terrible! Also, work on your internet! Not only is it only available in the lobby, but getting it to work is a miracle!

Our air conditioning was leaking, resulting in mold on the curtains and ceiling. Also a bad smell in the bathroom. Furthermore it was quite noisy with all the students every day, but the staff was very friendly and always helpfull!

I canceled the booking to this hostel in a very last minute because my friend insisted me to stay on her place. I have contacted them 1 day before, but cancelled the cancellation. The staff is very friendly, they don't get mad even if I cancelled, cancelled the cancellation, and cancel again. They didn't even charge me one night price though I cancelled on the day. I passed through the place and it looks like hotel on the outside. A really good place for that price.

Nice free breakfast, usually a rice dish instead of just toast. Good location. I didnt go on the tour but the hostel has them for temples etc. for about $8 and up. there are lots pf students that can be loud. However you are put in a dorm room with other travellers.

great price and location that is quite easy to find from the Ngabean bus stop. not too far away from the city center and within bearable walking distance to Malioboro Street, Jl Wijilan for the Gudeg cuisine and Kraton, or you can take the becak transport for 10-15k IDR. there are also a few cheap eateries and convenience stores nearby on Jl KHA Dalian. the hostel staff are friendly and helpful in arranging day tours with the agent, esp Eni. but internet is only available at the lobby.

• 21st May 2014
  • chuaelias5978
  • Singapore

Staff are very welcoming and friendly.

Staff really helpful. The free breakfast is meager, but there is an option to pay for a bigger breakfast. If you are vegetarian, the basic rice dish has meat in it. You can do as I did and ask for toast with jam to have with your coffee or tea. That's it for the basic free breakfast. The breakfast is served on the 5th floor open rooftop, with good views of Jogja....Free computers in the lobby area.

• 17th May 2014

Nice hostel, good staff, clean and good breakfast but not properly a backpackers hostel, more for local school guys

Great facilities, nice beds, good AC, lockers with electrical plugs inside, ensuite bathrooms for our six person dorm had two showers and a separate toilet. There's also a cool rooftop deck. Major downside is the atmosphere as its a huge hostel and there wasn't any centre of lounging to meet others. I believe it caters mostly to local school trips. If you need a nice place to sleep this is it, if you're looking to meet others and hang at the hostel it's probably not for you.

A nice hostel, the staff is very kind and helpful. Is a little bit crowded at night due to the students that are also staying there.

It's fine for a few nights bit of a hotel vibe and there was lots of school trips when I was there. Staff are helpful but very much stick to the rules; on my flight over my bag had gotten lost in Singapore and so I asked if I could have an extra towel but they said no, everyone only gets one towel. The rooms where clean and nice touch providing shower gel and shampoo

Rooftop closed between 9:30am and 4pm which is a shame. Hostel people were really nice and helpful and young ;) Gets really noisy in the weekend Lots of tours proposed by the hostel From the outside looks like a 4* hotel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3