EDU Hostel Jogja Reviews

Jl Let Jen Suprapto No 17, Ngampilan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

I never taught i will get this clean and cozy place to stay with cheap price. I'll definitely will stay again in here when i back to Jogja.

Modern hostel with good facilities. Rooms are cleaned daily and their local breakfast is the best (every day of the week a different meal). Nice lounge areas downstairs and on the roof top. The only thing is location... you have to walk 20-25 minutes to reach the tourist areas or you have to bargain for a becak ride every time. But in the end I enjoyed my week here very well.

Great hostel with amazing staff and good information on tours, only issue is the location is maybe a 20min walk from malioboro and the gangs streets... But still I would go back here 100%

Excellent location, 20min walk to malls, kraton, etc. Place looks relatively modern and clean. Good AC, bed, shower and all the basics. No bedbugs in male dorms at least. Good value for money. Slow WiFi which only works in the lobby. You can get a nice view of the city from the roof which is accessible by elevator.

Huge hostel with good facilities and helpfull staff. Best for groups.

Nice, clean and big room (6 bed), lot of mosqitos so bring repelent!!

Overall a pleasant stay, just a complaint about one of the female receptionist staff who refused to help us with charging our phones as we couldn't find any adaptors in jogja due to the holiday(most shops were closed). Thankfully, the other staff were friendly enough to help us.

Our first impression of EDU hostel wasn't that good, it looks big, empty, and the atmosphere didn't seem nice. But we were totally wrong! The rooms are very clean and so is the rest of the hostel. Breakfast is good (only rice though) and it's easy to meet new people in your dorm or in the 'chillroom'. The location is good, with just 10-15 min walk to the center, you are at malioboro street. We would recommend this hostel to everyone :)

The wifi is horrible, so hard to connect, and it's only on the lobby :s

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Nice swimming pool on the rooftop, friendly staff, lots of fellow travellers. It wasn't the cleanist hostel I've ever been though.

• 20th Jul 2014

BEDBUGS, it's disgusting. We have checked in but checked out after 2 hours as room was stinky, very humidity and everything started itching us after being in the room for 30 minutes. The hostel is doing nothing about to sort the bedbug problem. Not good.

Pros: helpful and really nice staff, free breakfast (they only serve rice though), large common area where you can use computers or just chill out with other people, AC. Cons: lack of atmosphere and that "hostel feel", location is alright but it takes at least 20 min walking to get anywhere interesting, rice for breakfast is not always the best option for people who aren't used to eating rice in the morning. All in all it was a good experience.

Positive: Nighttime dip in the rooftop pool was a highlight. Staff was friendly. Very helpful facilitating early check-in and early check-out, organizing tours with a discount, providing early breakfast, storing luggage, giving directions to nearby attractions, and calling early taxi. Rooms were clean enough. Ensuite bathroom was nice. Large common area on lobby provided ample social space. Free computers and internet. Negative: Mothball smell, but that is common in Indonesia.

One word for EDU..... BEDBUGS!!! And cockroaches actually. Room was full of them! My friend got bitten to death like I mean everywhere. It was gross and she was in a sleeping liner too.... apart from that it was ok, relatively cheap loaction not amazing but only a short tuk tuk ride away from the main area and train station. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• 6th Jul 2014

This was a fair hostel, mainly liked the tours they offered on which I met a few cool people from the hostel. Besides that there's not much stimulation for travelers to mix. Though this is the only real hostel in jogja, and location makes everything doable by foot which I prefer. Great city this is! Fine stay after all. Ps: roommates got bed bugs :(

The wifi only works in the main lobby. You have to preorder bread for breakfast if you don't want Indonesian breakfast with rice. The rooftop garden is nice, but no one is there because the wifi does not work up there.

Good value (paid 80.000 rupiah), not too far a walk to the Kraton. Reception can organize tours. Room very clean and comfy with good A/C, but no WIFI. Hostel fills with maybe 400-500 local students from ages ~12-18 most nights. I think only 4 rooms (6 beds ea) of non-student beds. The lobby where the WIFI and common area are gets absolutely swarmed but I enjoyed talking with some of the kids who asked where us backpackers were from. Room still relatively quiet. Excellent included breakfast.

This hostel caters mostly to groups of schoolkids, and thus the atmosphere for travelers is terrible! Also, work on your internet! Not only is it only available in the lobby, but getting it to work is a miracle!

Our air conditioning was leaking, resulting in mold on the curtains and ceiling. Also a bad smell in the bathroom. Furthermore it was quite noisy with all the students every day, but the staff was very friendly and always helpfull!

I canceled the booking to this hostel in a very last minute because my friend insisted me to stay on her place. I have contacted them 1 day before, but cancelled the cancellation. The staff is very friendly, they don't get mad even if I cancelled, cancelled the cancellation, and cancel again. They didn't even charge me one night price though I cancelled on the day. I passed through the place and it looks like hotel on the outside. A really good place for that price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3