EDU Hostel Jogja Reviews

Jl Let Jen Suprapto No 17, Ngampilan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Good hostel... Definitely will stay there again...

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Brand new hostel pretty much, the facilities are awesome, so clean and modern! The place is huge though but the communal area with TV and bean bags makes it easy to meet people still

Great price, nice location

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

I just stayed in this hostel for 1 night and I'm glad I didn't stay there longer. The hostel is 6 stores high and very big which gives you the feeling of a hotel rather than a hostel. Personally I like the smaller hostels as it is easier to meet other travelers. The wifi is very poor! No wifi in the room and even in the common area it does not always work. Location and security are good. I would not go back to this hostel when I'm back in yogja

Nice hostel, really clean. No wifi on the room just in the lobby. A little but nice pool and good breakfast. I not really rrecomend the tour to the volcanos cause in our experience we had a bad experience with the people that manage the tours that are offered in the hostel, nothing against the hostel but I don't recomend the tour offered to the volcans.

Everything is good except for a shower room. But i'm satisfied with the others

Everything is good.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice common spaces and very good free breakfast. My only complaints were that the bathrooms could have been cleaner (but were still of high quality), and that the wifi was down due to what had seemed like a brief rainstorm the night before. Staff were very helpful with all my queries and friendly.

It is a good hotel where you can book some tours.

Great time at these hostel! Nice staff! Clean and confortable!

When I was staying for about 3 nights, I saw a few insects in the bathroom. The location is not near nor too far from the tourist area. At first, I didn't expect too much for the facilities (because it's pretty cheap), but it was better that I expected. So it was all worth it, cheers!

really big nice hostel

It was greaaaaat !! The best Hostel I ever entered. VERY Clean, big, modern, good breakfast, nice stuff and incredible helpfull, good WIFI, chill lounge is very cool - would recommend to everybody who wants to stay in yogya to enter this hostel! U will not be disappointed :)

Great security, clean place and you are able to get help regarding transport and destinations at the front desk. The location is not that convenient and ended up walking a bit more than expected, but there is plenty of transport around the city. The common areas are nice and the computers at the lobby are really helpful, although slow at times.

Can't imagine there being a better place to stay in Yogyakarta. Plus, the tour to all the sites around the area was a nice bonus available if you're staying there.

Common area is great, staff is super friendly, many computers are available, all sorts of tours can be booked at the hostel for fair prices. WiFi quality is a little questionable and since the hostel is so huge you don't really get the cozy vibes you might be expecting. During my stay there was a huge group of australian teenagers and a massive group of indonesians that killed the hostel vibe big time. Well, expect that sort of thing, But all in all it is pretty good to make friends.

I really nice place to stay. Staff at reception is really nice and helps out with recommendation, etc.

• 16th Sep 2014

Yes the breakfast is pretty much just rice and a bit of egg, but it is SO good! Basic rooms, lots of common areas, and BEAN BAG CHAIRS! Rooftop terrace closes at 10 :(

At first glance the place looks great. Rooms are good with big lockers. The Wi-Fi only in the common area was annoying. Restricted rooftop access hours were silly. Breakfast was surprisingly good and varied. They overcharge for tours so watch out.

This is an OK hostel. It mainly housed Indonesian secondary school tourists when I was there, therefore the atmosphere is not that good. Men/women sleep in different dorms on different floors. Provides Indonesian breakfast like nasi goreng. Next time I'd stay in a different hostel with a better backpacker atmosphere.