EDU Hostel Jogja Reviews

Jl Let Jen Suprapto No 17, Ngampilan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Really good, clean, and much value for the money! All staff is super friendly and helpful, and really helped making my stay in Jogja fantastic! Only bad thing is that the wifi only works in the lobby. It would be nice if it worked on the rooftop as well :)

• 12th May 2015
  • Sweden

It is a shame that staff during the night shift couldn't speak english. My friend got food poisoning and needed a hospital in the middle of the night, but nobody could help me to find a hospital. You need staff who is able to communicate in english even during "calm" night hours.

Hostel is too big, difficult to meet others atmosphere. Bad smell in my room. Rooftop pool is not a pool. staff were nice and helpful though.

This hostel is definitely a good value for money. The breakfast is excellent, lounge area is vey nice (although when we stayed there was only about 10 other guests) and the location is good. It is a very secure hostel with lockable lockers and key card The AC in our room was awful, I asked multiple times for this to be looked at, but it's wasn't. The wifi is awful and only works in the lobby. Also when we stayed for 4 nights, 3 nights the building was filled with very noisy school children.

Hostel with good facilities, not expensive for what you get. But not very close to the touristic area, and no atmosphere at all in the place. If you are a solo traveler like me, I wouldnt recommend it. Very big place so you dont really meet anyone in the common areas, Also the wifi works really bad.

The service was good -friendly and accommodating staff. I like the bike rental also, but hoping next time they'll provide bike chains/ locks so you can park the bike and go inside a shop whatsoever. The cleaniless should be improved 100%. There were roaches everywhere -walls, toilet, floor, even inside the lockers. The toilet also is very smelly.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Philippines

Bad WiFi, old building, food very bad. But staff very friendly.

• 14th Apr 2015

Great time at EDU, the staff is really nice, keep it that way!!

Hostel was clean and secure. WIFI connectivity is limited to the lounge area ( No FB & Gmail access). About 20 mins walk to Maliboro shopping area and Sosrowijayan. Helpful staff and lastly good breakfast with beautiful view of the city. Overall a good hostel with potential to be amazing.

It was clean. AC units everywhere including the lounging areas. Breakfast is served every morning. You can see a beautiful sunrise and sunset from the 5th floor.

• 29th Mar 2015

Excellent! Would like to have Wi Fi in the dorms!

Good hostel. Wifi only in the lobby.

Very excellent atmosphere and they give very small towel which is of no use and Wifi is dead slow or doesn't work at all!

The Hostel was alright with various bed bunks in a room format, the shared toilet was kinda weird with shower curtains only covering and it was small. Breakfast was good though as the food served was delicious considering the 80,000 RP per night price. Overall, it was a simple stay with above average atmosphere.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

It's secure, free breakfast and clean. Not keen on the whole seperate male/female dorms but we knew about this before booking it. My only compliant was the smell of the bathrooms in the dorms and I wasn't the only person who felt this way, as I spoke to others with a similar problem. Great location - next to loads of street food and the market but maybe not the best for solo travellers as it has more of a hotel feel.

Good hostel... Definitely will stay there again...

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Brand new hostel pretty much, the facilities are awesome, so clean and modern! The place is huge though but the communal area with TV and bean bags makes it easy to meet people still

Great price, nice location

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

I just stayed in this hostel for 1 night and I'm glad I didn't stay there longer. The hostel is 6 stores high and very big which gives you the feeling of a hotel rather than a hostel. Personally I like the smaller hostels as it is easier to meet other travelers. The wifi is very poor! No wifi in the room and even in the common area it does not always work. Location and security are good. I would not go back to this hostel when I'm back in yogja

Nice hostel, really clean. No wifi on the room just in the lobby. A little but nice pool and good breakfast. I not really rrecomend the tour to the volcanos cause in our experience we had a bad experience with the people that manage the tours that are offered in the hostel, nothing against the hostel but I don't recomend the tour offered to the volcans.