EDU Hostel Jogja Reviews

Jl Let Jen Suprapto No 17, Ngampilan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Nice clean comfortable rooms with great common areas. Movie channels on the TV and nice roof top terrace area. Although this is a big hostel I felt it had a good atmosphere and was easy to meet people.

Very nice hostel! Amazing facilities, nice common room, friendly staff. A bit far from Malioboro street, but still very walkable. Had some bugs in the bathroom but nothing unbearable. Breakfast is ok, gets the job done. Would stay again!

Nice location and good staff. Doesn't feel like a hostel. It feels more like s hotel due to the amount of kids.

The hostel was great! Very clean and breakfast was awesome. We did book a driver through them to visit the temples and see the view of merapi. The staff warned us that we would have to pay for our own entrance tickets for both the temples, which was fine and even told us that we could use our student ID to get 50% off. She failed to tell us that we needed to pay an additional 100 rp per person to take a jeep to see the view of merapi. That part of the tour was a scam, didn't even see the view!

• 29th Mar 2014

Hostel yg bagus dan modern tapi kalo sudah ada grup pasti berisik dan menggangu tamu

Clean hostel with good facilities, good location also. It's very big and feels hotel-like a lot, there are many local students staying there. I wouldn't say it's great for socialising, although they have a good rooftop with a great view and a swimming pool.

BED BUGS! DO NOT SLEEP HERE!! Towels are really small, wifi doesn't work often, blankets too cold for the air conditioned room, breakfast has NO choice options, you just get rice with something and is only served till 09.30. They accommodate school trips as well and there were children SCREAMING in the hall ways till 0.30 and starting again at 06.00. Bathrooms have bugs all over them, different kinds of them crawling over the sink and in the shower. Common area is nice but too hot to be in!

This is more like a hotel. I like it and would stay here again but I'm just disappointed that the wifi connection couldn't reach the rooms but I think they made up for it by placing computers in the lobby which is always good for any hostel. I did encounter a few bed bug problems with the blanket but I slept like a baby most of the time. The dorm bed was comfy in a way. Breakfast was good, the lounge area was okay. They just need to regularly clean the pool and the lounge area.

Nice and organised hostel.

Really Bad smell in the bathroom. Not much atmosphere. Tours on offer way to expensive. Breakfast only until 9.30

Two out of the three nights there were groups (different groups each night) of teenage school children staying there (probably at least 100 of them), and they were unbelievably noisy and quite annoying - they were running around screaming, knocking on doors, and just generally being a nuisance until midnight or later! Nothing was done to get them to be quiet. It was impossible to hang out in the common areas and relax because they filled every inch of the space. It was also hard to sleep.

The hostel is quite big and modern. We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which was clean. I just think the the shower and the toilet need a better ventilation. The location is good and the staff was very friendly.

• 6th Mar 2014

Really nice place, enjoyable to stay at. The staff is so adorable and helpful. Specially raha. It's close frombeverythinh and easy to find. I really recommand that place.

Full of 14 year old kids who run around all night long shouting, also bed bugs.

i will stay here whenever in Yogya. place is near malioboro, need only about 15-20minutes. near bakpia pathok centre (famous traditional food), becak/rickshaw is eazy to find, near trans Yogya stesen, just say the hostel name and everybody know the place so don't worry to get lost and to find. breakfast is good and nice place at rooftop. but little bit hard to mingle with other traveler, the building is too big and a lot corner spot.

A tip top dorm for backpackers, the best my friend and I ever stayed. Fyi, we stayed an extra one more night! Matur nuwun! :)

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

It was a nice place to stay. The place was clean and all the staff nice. I like this place. Not really far from Malioboro. It only takes 15-20 minutes walk or IDR 15.000 by pedicab. But, I suggest them to provide the keys for locker. They said they supposed to be sell it but out of stock at that time. It is better if they always have stock. So that, people can buy from them if they don't want to provide it for free. I also hope they have Wifi service in every room not only in the lobby.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Nice clean hostel. However, it is located a bit far from the center and school groups with obnoxious kids was a bit bothersome. Breakfast wasn't that great. For the good things, rooms are nice and clean, nice shower, eco flush toilet and great rooftop area to hang out. For a few days this place is worth it and the staff are nice and helpful as possible. Just know the bit of school groups and distance from city center and you won't have any problems.

Unfortunately I could not find any electric plugs in the room, which made charging of laptop/camera qutie difficult.

Really nice place, with super-friendly staff, good facilities, and a location that's a bit quieter, without being too far from the places you'll want to visit in Yogya. The only surprise was quite how heavily this place seems to emphasize the 'EDU' part of their name. The nights that I stayed there, there were about 10 or 15 backpacker-ish people, and dozens upon dozens of high schoolers and their teachers in a giant group. No real issue - just a bit of a different place than I was expecting.