Earthers Hostel Reviews

Martina Vucetica 11, Hvar, Croatia

nice outdoor area where you can meet others, the location is out of town a bit but I liked it that way so it's less busy

This hostel is great! The staff is amazingly welcoming, and the common areas are so comfortable and cozy that sometimes you just feel like hanging out there instead of going to do some sightseeing :) the atmosphere of the place gives you the sense that you are not staying at a hostel, but 'sharing a house' with the rest of the guests, so things such as cleanliness depend also on the guests, not only the staff -people in my room were soooo messy! Loved it! Would definitely choose it again!

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Awesome hostel, I really enjoyed my stay here. Friendly and helpful staff, great common areas, comfortable rooms. The boat trip they organized was a highlight of my trip!

Had the best time of our trip in Hvar and Earthers was a real highlight. Great hostel to meet people and with an amazing view, balcony, kitchen, bedrooms with ensuing and great staff and lovely people would definitely recommend this hostel. If you get chance the boat trip that the hostel offers is such a fun day and great value.

Perfect mixture of chilled out and a party hostel. Class place!

• 20th Aug 2015

Special hostel. Staff is really something else. I recomend it 100%, and i would stay there again if i go back to Hvar, no doubts. One of the best hostels I've been to, really incredible atmosphere.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Amazing hosts, very welcoming and gave us loads of advice and tips for stuff to do there. Very lively environment, everyone is up for a party. 10 minute walk from main port. Very cramped kitchen for so many people and some stains of sheets. Exactly the type of environment and people you want for a couple of nights in Hvar.

Best Hostel I have stayed at on my euro trip. The hostel is setup like a bungalow, which has a great chill vibe...amazing view, hammocks, bball ring and table tennis...location is perfect with only a short walk to city centre and very close to supermarket and ATM All the workers are great and always willing to help with anything...spacious rooms and ample shared toilet, shower, kitchen...great Wi-Fi...offers pub crawls and boat tours...Also go to their restraunt 'fig' it's tasty as!

The beds were not too clean even though we stayed at the private rooms. shower kept flooding and the door wouldnt close from the inside. atmosphere was good as well as the staff but the place could use some improvements.

Really friendly staff...nice place to meet people and have some fun! :P

The best hostel in croatia, by a mile, I booked 3 nights and stayed 7 nights, This hostel is a like family orientated atmosphere so chilled, and the staff and people are so friendly I'm traveling by myself and I made so man friends. Il be back next year for sure!!

Staff, especially Phil gave a poor impression from the outset.. It was difficult to pay, wifi didn't work, any questions we asked regarding activities or things to do on the island were barely answered. At 7am the owners were up playing music,cleaning and being very loud. This is a pity as Hvar is a cool place and Diego, a Mexican guy working in Earthers for the summer was amazingly helpful but it was again clear that the owners didn't make an effort with guests.

We were able to get a free pick up from the ferry port which was great but we had to wait an hour even though they said it would be a 5 min wait! The hostel was ok, I booked together with a friend but when we got there they said thry didn't have a room with two free beds so we had to get split up which I wasn't impressed with. The hostel did have a good atmosphere and we were able to meet some cool people to party with. I did enjoy my stay but not sure I would stay here again.

Amazing location looking over the entire city with a sweet view and a large outdoor area to chill and play games at. Some of the best staff I've ever had at a hostel, all fun interesting and welcoming people, and everyone else who stayed at the hostel were fun people as well. Great activities to do and fun partying at night. One of my favourite hostels I've been at anywhere in the world.

Staff were really lovely and had great suggestions on where to go and things to do. If you are looking for a party hostel then this is definitely the hostel for you!

wouldn't go anywhere else! will be back next year to see these awesome hostel owners- they are so helpful, fun and run a fantastic place to stay

• 11th Aug 2015

You have to climb a 500m stair to get there, the room that we got was dirty, with dirty towel. The air conditioner didn't have a remote control, so we have to turn it on with a stick, and it was really cold, but we couldn't fix it! They don't have wifi in the rooms, And the one in the common area wasn't working part of the time. One day our shower stopped having hot water, and that was it, nobody would fix it, we just took cold baths! It was a mess most of the time in there!

• 11th Aug 2015

Such a nice location and atmosphere. Would only recommend that staff give a bit of an intro to Hvar and what is on at the hostel upon check in.

Excellent hostel. It has one of the most inclusive and friendly environments of all the hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff are lovely and are genuinely bothered about whether you are enjoying your stay. The group events are great and the people I met at the hostel were lovely. It was great because as a solo traveller it sometimes can be hard to join group events, but not with such great staff. Thanks for making my stay in the beautiful Hvar even better.

We don't have a bad word to say about this hostel. The staff aren't just staff, they are like friends to all guests, encouraging inter guest interaction and going out of their way to plan daytime excursions and nights out. Whether you are travelling on your own or with friends, you'll definitely have the best time here. The atmosphere is chilled and friendly and we are already planning another visit next summer! It's impossible not to get attached to the place and all the people there.

• 10th Aug 2015