East Hostel Reviews

Hristo Botev no.11, Bucharest, Romania

No Rating

The staff set a new standard for rudeness; the heaters were broken and it was freezing cold: when asked to turn up the heat, the staff said there was no heating; the bathroom on the top floor (and we were staying on the top floor) was out of service; the central lights in our room were broken and we only had, as a light source,2 lecture lights in 6 people; the ONLY shower (for 3 rooms, each with 6/8 people) had troubles with the water temperature and drainage; Unirii is not as close as expected

• 30th Mar 2013

Dear guest, You and your friends spent a night in our hostel on the 30th of March when there were 20 degrees outside. Our hostel has a capacity of 12 beds (one dorm and 3 private rooms) and only 7 beds were booked - I think 3 toilets and 1 shower is a fair ratio. I don't know why you complain about the bathroom that was out of service considering you broke the door and used it anyway. Moreover, two days later you called and insisted to book with us again. Piata Unirii is no more than 5 minutes walk away, we never claimed we are right next to it.

Good and solid hostel with no specialties neither in positive or negative way. The location is nice and the rooms were clean and spacious.

A nice and clean Hostel. Only thing missing is a kitchen. If you stay longer, as we did, it is not that comfortable to have only a fridge and almost nothing else (water boiler and a few cups, tea, but no sink, no stove/oven). But the common room is quit nice and like the rest of the hostel clean. The stuff is very nice and helpful. If you can live without a kitchen, it is the right choice for a trip to Bucharest. It is near the downtown quarter and easy to reach by bus from the airport.

• 10th Mar 2013

there is potential here but the kitchen needs a sink and some utenils and dishes..having the eating room on the main floor would be better and brighter..the rooms were clean and the staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful..it was good having a hair dryer..the bathrooms are nice but cheaply done so some of the men using the shower had the shower stall off its track and the shower head and plumbing also came off the wall ..so just little things to make it better

Really nice and comfortable hostel! definitely recommend it!

great location!! there isn't really a great hostel athomsphere due to the lack of a proper common room! also i missed having a sink in the "kitchen"! staff is quite friendly and helpful.

The hostel is cheap, clean, and located well. Combined with friendly staff I will give my highest recommendation. My friend felt sick one of the days and basically vomitted all over the stairs. They didn't complain a word, and when I later had to take him to the hospital they were extremely helpful calling an ambulance. The day after they even extended our check-out time since we were at the hospital even though they had guests coming later that day.

• 23rd Aug 2012
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's a good place, clean and modern, quite close to the subway, but it is too much quite . If you are looking to meet other travelers and have fun I dont think this is your hostel.

I had booked with East Hostel a few times before when they were close to the Gara de Nord train station. I was pleasantly surprised to find them now at their new location in the exact city center. As I was here to attend a business meeting at the Palace Hall, this was a very welcome change. What I like most about East Hostel is their great design of the bathrooms, which are very neat, spacious AND clean!! Next time I'm staying in the beautifully hand painted double room which was busy this time.

We really enjoyed our stay at The East Hostel. I was apprehensive at first about booking a hostel for my parents who were visiting me, but their private room was very nice. It was a hot day and they enjoyed the A/C as well as a private room to keep their things in. They also liked the bathroom and said it was clean. It gave them a good first impression of what a hostel can be. Thanks again. :)

• 22nd Jul 2012

Great little hostel, very reasonably priced, well-located close to historic center, clean, and above all very friendly and helpful staff!

• 18th Jul 2012
  • Scotland

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, everything is new and clean.

Very clean,and very quiet...of course we were there on a Monday! The staff was extreamly helpful in everything we could have possibly needed!

Nice place, helpful staff, good location. No laundry fcility but the service is contrcted to a (presumably) nearby fcility that isnt too expenaive.

This was our very first hostel we have ever stayed at, and it was wonderful! We had booked an 8 or 10 bed dorm (I can't remember) and because it was still the school season, we had the room all to ourselves! The staff are super friendly and helpful and they cooked us a nice light breakfast. I am not sure what this hostel is like during the busy season, but we were happy with it! Thanks for being our very first hostel ever!

Cheapest hostel I,ve ever stayed in. Very close to historical center. Staff is extremely nice, Everything is clean. Beds are super comfortable and rooms are spacious und bright. The building is very new, so some things still look unfinished (like the missing shower curtain in the upper bathroom. Wifi didn´t work all the time, but still a very good hostel, would definitely return.

Enjoyed my stay here, the staff were really friendly and helpful. The dorm room was fine, no problems at all. Breakfast small but tasty and unlike most hostels was a cooked meal of sausage and bacon. It would have been nice to have a common room, but the Hostel is still being fixed up so, perhaps they will have one in time. Would certainly go back if i visit Bucharest again.

• 21st May 2012

The staff was amazing, tould us a lot about Bucharest! :)

The place is brand new and this is both good and bad. Everything's really new and clean, our room was really nice and it has lockers for everyone. However some thing felt too empty or unfinished yet. I guess they need more time to make the place even more welcoming and comfortable.

Excellent location,very nice staff. The only problem,that the 10 mixed bedroom have only 1 bathroom.Next to the hostel,you can find a non-stop shop.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7