East Side Hostel Reviews

Jókai utca 38. I/2, Budapest, Hungary

We had a great time at East Side Hostel. We got an apartment, the location was perfect, and the place itself was really nice, clean and sunny, well-equipped, and furnished with Ikea.The staff was really kind and helpful, available 24/7, happily helping even with all our requests. I couldn't be more satisfied, everything was perfect, and we got more than we paid for, real value for our money. We definitely recommend this place.

• 27th Jul 2014

hostel is a centered nice place... rooms could be better but they are OK... But apart from that... Hostel Staff. Alexandra... she is such a perfect, nice person with extraordinary story... Meeting her was the best part of staying in this hostel...

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The entire apartment smelled like cigarette smoke. We had to choose between being overheated but being able to breathe or opening a window and choking on smoke. One bathroom for 12 people, cockroaches in our room, sheets were dirty, food on the stove stayed there for 2 full days (no one cleaned it up). In addition, the staff member was not professional- slept in the shared dorm room with guests and walked around half-naked. Positive: Location was good - we were able to walk everywhere.

• 19th Jul 2014

we were put up in an apartment which is away from the actual hostel. there is no one around to ask for any sort of help. no sheets provided for first night. the apartment was dirty. the shower door was totally broken and there was water logging problem in shower.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • India

Helpful and friendly hosts, great location

We were transfered to an apartment perfectly located and very confortable but it was very dirty and it didnt have internet or toilet paper. Nevertheless, the apartment was huge and great foe he money we paid.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The best host ever and a incredible apartment completly new. Nothing bad to say about it

The place was really nice and the people who attended us too, they were really friendly and they help us a lot with everything we needed. I really recommend it !

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Unfortunatly my boyfriend and i decided not to stay in the apartament, the door of our room had not key or any security, plose other extranges things, we change to another hotel, but the place it was nice, i don't know if we were paranoic but i prefer security.

I do not usually rate hostels but this is the perfect one. I received a very warm welcome, the personal is treating you like a friend you have known for a long time, professional and very helpful. Location is great, easy to get around the city. I would like to recomend this property to all travelers visiting Budapest.

• 12th Jul 2014

These guys were great. Always there, super helpful and willing to share a beer with you. Would definitely recommend to others. Always felt secure, all the facilities you need and comfortable beds.

The guy who runs the hostel is so great - helpful and creates such a friendly, inclusive environment. As soon as I walked in was handed a beer and some untica to shot and introduced to everyone. Not right in the centre but its an easy walk.

Two brothers greeted us with a welcome drink, the atmosphere was chill and homey. I would go back!

A small and cozy hostel in the center, close to everything. The best value for money, I would stay again. Definitely recommended.

It was great to be back at the original East Side - still my favorite hostel in Budapest! Low prices, a nice and central downtown location, friendly staff, fun times - this is pretty much perfection for a veteran backpacker like myself!