EastSeven Berlin Hostel Reviews

Schwedter Str. 7, Berlin, Germany

I've stayed at multiple hostels in Berlin and the EastSeven is by far the best I have visited. The main reason I would say this is the overall atmosphere there. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and put a lot of effort into making your stay enjoyable by recommending things to see on certain days and by facilitating a community supper every now and then cooked by one of the hostel guests. The location is good and is quite walkable to a lot of things, there is also a U-Bahn station near

• 31st Jan 2016

Very nice hostel. The bathrooms and rooms are big and everything is super clean. Only downside would be the price of the laundry service, which I found was a little steep.

Awesome place to stay. Not a party hostel but that was perfect. Rad staff, close to transport, real cosy and friendly. Really well-stocked but small kitchen, any utensil, saucepan, cutlery you could need (apart from a coffee/tea mug, which was a bit bizarre).Rooms were generous in size though the bathrooms a bit awkward if heaps were using them at the same time. Awesome garden too. You won't want to stay anywhere else, particularly if you have no interest being up until all hours.

EastSeven was wonderful! It was my first hostel and I'm pretty sure it ruined me for any other hostels I will stay at :) I did have a private room with my husband, however I did talk to many people that stayed in th dormitory style rooms and they were also pleased. The kitchen was a little bit small but I didn't find that to be much of an issue. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and would also stay here again myself.

Good hostel

This was my first experience at a hostel. Based on all the positive reviews I thought this would be a good choice. Not impressed. The place reeked of cigarettes every night, the noise level was excessive until the wee hours of the morning, the "en suite" bathroom we paid extra for was across the hallway. Can't recommend it, wouldn't do it again.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Great place to stay! We were sadly only there for one night, but I would gladly go back in a minute!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at East Seven Hostel. Over the week I found the staff to be very helpful, friendly and courteous. Always helping me find different places to visit and places to eat. The 8 bed dorm was spacious and clean, even though there were nice lockers provided I never felt the need to use them. All amenities were cleaned daily and functional. The kitchen and living rooms were relaxed places to meet new people around during food or a few drinks. This is a great relaxed hostel.

• 12th Jan 2016

The place was ok. However, the fact that you have to pay for a towel or very basic breakfast was a bit bothering.

So, when you walk in the door to check in to a hostel, do you expect the f-bomb to be dropped on you within 5 min? No? Well, that's what happened to us. We asked the staff at the counter a question about switching rooms, and he flipped out, dropped the f-bomb and became severely agitated. He was also rude to another customer who rang the bell to be let in, but it was his own fault for not letting her in. We would've walked out had we not been forced to pay for the first nights stay.

I think there is a misunderstanding. In Germany and many other European Countries soliloquizing it is quite common while solving problems. It is then not related to the person in front of you. Sorry for that but it looks like between Europe and USA there are differences. Especially in the complaining culture. In Germany for example you complain directly if you feel offended the way you felt. Because you want to find out if the f… was meant to you or something/someone different. Sebastian also told me, that originally you booked 2 single rooms and then changed your mind to one double. We rearranged it free of charge and also gave you a better rate. You saved at least around 40 € … He made an extra effort for that. So where did you mention this?

Cosy hostel with excellent staff who are always helpful and up for a chat. Cheap beers. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Loved the lounge area, very easy to meet people. Must do the free walking tour also from hostel.

We stayed in a private double room in January. We found the hostel to be absolutely great value, super clean, amazing showers and such polite staff. Considering this was Berlin in January, the hostel was also very warm. We couldn't have asked for more!

I just loved this hostel! It´s clean, safe, with comf beds, large lockers and frieldly staff. The only point that could be better is breakfast´s price. It´s very poor and expensive (3 Euros). Wifi is good and works perfectly in every part of the hostel. I definitely recommend it! :)

The staff were amazingly flexible and helpful and listened to all of my needs, will definitely go back.

• 7th Jan 2016

The hostel had a great atmosphere! The rooms are nice and the facilities are really good - Especially the kitchen! It is a little far from the major sites (walking), but we knew that Berlin requires you to use public transport to go anywhere. Thus, location was not an issue for us. If you're unlucky enough to get a top bunk, remember to bring a longer cable for charging. The power points are unfortunately all at ground level. Remember to also bring a lock to lock your locker too.

Great location, great people and nice facilities Will definitely be back!

• 5th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Fantastic hostel! This place was super easy to find, really close to the u-bahn. There's a Lidl just down the road which is great for cheap food. The room was big, clean, warm, the beds were comfy, and you had your own socket, light, shelf etc. Lockers were available for use just outside the rooms. The bathrooms were really nice, so clean, lovely hot showers, they had heating too which was great in when it's -9 outside! Kitchen was fab. Definitely go here, also staff were fantastic!

We enjoyed our stay at EastSeven Hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was good - only a short walk into the city centre, and very close to lots of restaurants.

• 3rd Jan 2016

the beds where the not the most comfortable but the cleanliness of the hostel was perfect. The top bunk in room 1.4 was extremely squeaky and i was worried about waking others in the dorm or falling through onto the person below. This could be looked at to improve the hostel. otherwise it was a fantastic place to stay and Laura and Nick were awesome :)

Great little hostel for tue casual traveller. Fascilities and beds are great and it's located pretty central to Berlin's major attractions. The only issue I had was the hostel breakfast. Although conpletely optional it would be better it they included more than just cereal and toast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7