EastSeven Berlin Hostel Reviews

Schwedter Str. 7, Berlin, Germany

The best hostel I've stayed at. Great staff, location, super clean, modern, and an awesome happy hour with a free spin of the wheel for a shot or mystery prize. What really makes it easy to mingle is the common area is right smack in the middle and you have to pass through it to get to the kitchen and the really nice and large patio.

hi and thank you for staying AND reviewing us. It was good having you and we wish you and your soccer team all the best - the latter with the help of our german trainer klinsmann ;-) see you again soon!

One of the best hostels I stayed in while travelling around Europe. Beautiful hostel in a beautiful area. 100% on security, cleanliness, facilities, staff... and cheap too! Great atmosphere would be the main thing - garden, gorgeous kitchen, indoor lounge area, computers, books, bar... I highly recommend this place.

I really enjoyed my quick stay there. If I'm ever back in I will stay at EastSeven Berlin. Thanks.

I had a great time at this hostel. The bathroom/ rooms/ kitchen were all very tidy. Good atmosphere with music and the hammocks were a huge plus. Very friendly travelers and staff knew their way around Berlin quite well. Would recommend this hostel 100%

• 8th Jun 2014

Thank you- glad we were able to make your stay a memorable one and hope to see you and your friends again. I do enjoy the hammocks as well by the way ;-)

Really close to the station. Extremely helpful staff. The wifi worked really well in the rooms. Hot showers. Didn't get a chance to try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. Only downside was the lack of the elevator. Didn't really enjoy hauling my suitcase up 3 flights of stairs but overall, my stay was great. :)

This hostel has really nice facilities and good dorm rooms. The kitchen excellent, and the patio outdoors was really nice to hang out in during a hot Berlin day. The only thing I would say is that as a solo traveler, this place seemed to be booked a lot by big family groups, and wasn't quite as social as I would have liked, probably due to the older crowd. Friendly staff, but they don't really hang out or interact with the guests that much but are very happy to answer any questions you may have.

hi, thank you for your review - and thank you especially for the constructive critisism. We don't normally take groups with more than 8 people (and even that doesn't happen often), but during your stay with us we had a group of 12 university students staying over - we know them well so generally we can avoid the problems you mentioned and which other hostels might face when mixing individual travelers and groups in the same house. safe travels!

Lovely, friendly, super-clean and organised hostel in a great area of Berlin. Defo coming back!

• 3rd Jun 2014

thank you for staying with us and see you again soon alice ;-)

I like how much room there is to move around. You do share the space with everyone but as people are doing their thing you can do yours too without interruption. I especially like the individual lights for each bed so you can turn off the bright, room light at night but individuals can still have some light without blinding those trying to sleep. Quite because it is not on the main street and cool (because of larger rooms and orientation to the sun). Nice to have seperate restroom facilities too

hi, we do try hard to create an atmosphere where our guests find their individual space - but are also part of the hostel crowd. Glad it worked for you (as it does for most guests) and see you again soon hopefully.

Awesome stay in Berlin. Place is clean and tidy, beds are good and the wifi was quick (and free), coverage everywhere. Great atmosphere, met loads of people. Kitchen is schmick. They had minor water damage next to our room that they were sorting out, but gave us free breakfast as a result. Also, Christian is the man! If I ever head back to Berlin, I'll be staying here.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

The staff here is awesome - friendly, accessible, and generally really awesome people. The bathrooms were always clean, the kitchen they had to use was awesome and had everything you could need, storage facilities for food, et cetera. Always felt safe at the hostel. Overall, one of the best hostels I've stayed at and would come back again.

My second time here, last time I ended up meeting a long distance girlfriend who I remained with for close to three years. Not saying the place will work magic for everyone, but the atmosphere is Just right as to be a conducive environment for meeting friends, and the staff is extremely friendly. Any time im in Berlin I will return here.

I only stayed for one night, arriving late and leaving early, but I was really pleased with my stay. It was immaculate, the staff I met were extremely helpful, and the room spacious and comfortable. Great bathrooms too (even though the one outside had a burst pipe so was shut). Recommended.

A good hostel. Excellent facilities, spotlessly clean and incredibly helpful/friendly staff - thank again to Jorg and the team - made it a great base for seeing the city but it was considerably bigger than I'd expected and so sometimes hard to meet people. It attracts families and travellers of all ages so it's not a party hostel, but at the same time they do try to make you aware of things which are going on at night such as pubcrawls or club nights. I'd go back.

Our stay was great. It's close to the centre, clean and the staff was very friendly. We got some good tips on where to go that we wouldn't have found in the guide books. The only note that was negative was that when we collected our bags later in the day (after check out), the door to where we had left our bags was wide open. The staff was not far away so most likely nothing would've happend, still, it's a thing which can be improved. All in all, we were very happy with our stay! Thumbs up!

This was my favorite hostel that I stayed in! I stayed in a private room with my friend. The room had a good amount of space, a nice window, and a comfortable mattress. The bathrooms made me feel like I wasn't in a hostel. They were clean and the shower was great. I absolutely loved the outdoor courtyard; it was gorgeous. The staff was extremely friendly. Another HUGE perk was the laundry. The staff will wash and dry your laundry for only 7 euro...worth every penny! Beer also sold for 1.5 euro.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The location is great, with the hostel located near a 24hr tram and the metro and still within walking distance of downtown. The facilities were very clean and large lockers were available for storage. Tours are available from the hostel and are are a great way to see the town. Berlin is a great city to enjoy a vacation in.

Great place. Even though there were minor issues with water pipes the compensate guests for their inconvience.

Rooms small and hot, windows didn't help. Staff where industrial it's effective but not so friendly. 10 o'clock checkout was a bit of a pain. Met some nice people here and there is a diverse crowd at most times.

Hi. Yeah, industrial, sorry fot that. Well you know, we are ze Germans. We love it technical and effective. BTW, check out is noon. cheers

loved it....staff were outstanding