EastSeven Berlin Hostel Reviews

Schwedter Str. 7, Berlin, Germany

Decent place. Lockers in hallway was nice but the hallways are small. Good security.

A well run hostel. The rooms were nice. In a very nice area. Good for socialising.

Really liked staying here! The staff were all awesome (especially Christian who stayed after his shift so we could get another beer). The lounge area is perfect place to meet people since it doesn't close ever. Room was nice and bathrooms so clean. Bar crawl could have been better - we got refund after sitting at first bar for over hour and a half without our "free drink" (not what we expected based on what we heard). Still had a great time. Conveniently close to metro and easy to get around.

I have been backpacking for 7 months now, and this was easily the best stay of my trip. The staff was amazing - very knowledgeable, and very much contributors to the great environment. The location in Prenzlauer puts you in walking distance to a great number of bars, cafes, and restaurants. The facilities include by far the best kitchen I've ever seen in a hostel if you want to cook, and a cozy living room where (with the bar up front) made for one of the most social hostel I've been to yet.

Nice hostel. Not a party hostel but still semi-social. Employees are nice but don't go out of their way to make it cozy or super social. Cheap beers for happy hour.

Great place. Not great staff.

This is a highly refined hostel. At times I found the music in the commons room annoying but recognize that is an age related taste issue. Otherwise we were impressed and would have liked to have stayed longer.

Great hostel! I stayed in a double bed-private which was very clean and comfortable! At this point of my trip I was sick so that was amazing. The location is great, as it was easy to get to the train station or trams. The staff was amazing. My flight was delayed and I arrive after midnight and promptly replied to my email, and had everything set up so I could just get into my room and sleep. They also have tour guides and bar crawl pick ups right at the hostel. Def. going to stay here again!

• 20th Sep 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed at.

Great hostel- good atmosphere and very helpful staff. Bed was comfy and bathrooms (even though communal) were very clean! Wifi was good and they had happy hour where beers were only €1.50! easy to get to the main sites by u bahn. And the walking tour and pub brawl that comes to the hostel are recommendable too. Had a great time here and will be back!

Great place to stay .... Extremely friendly and helpful staff !!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • India

Great times in East 7 Hostel. Really Nice, Clean, and Helpful Staff, always reactive and ready for any questions or advice. Awesome kitchen and Garden. One of the Best Hostel in Berlin for sure ! :)

• 17th Sep 2014

This was a really wonderful hostel. Very clean and in a good location - just a block away from the metro. Only complaint is one of male cleaning staff abruptly entered the ladies room (where there is a shower and toilet combined) without knocking. He knew a guest was in the bathroom (me) because as he entered I closed the door to the toilet room. When I opened it, he leaned over to look at me and I was relieved I was fully dressed and not just getting out of the shower.

Great hostel! Just a few minutes' walk from the nearest U-bahn, and also minutes away walking from many bars, restaurants, shops, etc. The bathrooms are cleaned twice a day, and as such, it was one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff are very helpful with city recommendations, with plenty of maps/books/resources. If you're around on a weekend, do the pub crawl - that was the best!

More like a hotel than a lot of other hostels. Although the neighborhood is great, t's not in a particularly central part of Berlin, but it's very close to a metro stop and the metro in Berlin is excellent for getting around. There's a chill-out area downstairs that's good to meet people. Tends to attract a mixed/older crowd. If you want to go out, you have to do the organization on your own. Although the staff does provide club recommendations.

5minute walk from great pubs and really close to the underground. Staff are super helpful and the hostel is always clean with great facilities.

Good location and right near the metro (train) station. They had events you could book every night. The 'alternative' pub crawl was really good. The rooms were spotless, the staff were super friendly and helpful. Showers and bathrooms were great and always clean. Lockers outside the room so you don't have a room filled with bags. 8 share bed room was large and lots of windows. WIFI worked throughout the building and had strong signal. The free breakfast was very helpful

It was everything perfect! The room the staff, the location. I have been in a lot of hostel trough Europe and east seven was the best far away! Thanks for hosting me!

• 9th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel with friendly staff and clean rooms (two bedroom almost hotel comfort with few people who use the shared bathroom). The location was not perfect as we preferred Friedrichshain/Kreuzberg. It is also a pity that you cannot go into the garden after 10 pm (but there is a smokers room).

The staff was great!