EastSide Reviews

Viale Leonardo da Vinci, 223, Rome, Italy

I loved it! Small hostels are the best, and this one felt especially homey. The staff were awesome; they introduced me to the music of Adriano Celentano, and they were both very personable. Loved the rooms, loved the people, loved the facilities. My one tiny complaint was that to get to Ciampino for 6:30am from the hostel can be very challenging since the Metro doesnt start until 5:30am. I was able to flag down a cab though, so no big deal. Loved it! :) :) :)

They are amateurs, the hostel is inside a family building and the guests are not allowed to use the elevators (???) They sell cheap food, claiming that it will be more expensive in a restaurant, but in a restaurant you will also get a well prepared larger portion.

this hostel DOES NOT have elevator

Location is great. Within walking distance to the nearest train station. The Collosseum is only a few stations away. The hostel is great in general but the info about City Tax could have been clearer on the page to explain that it is not included in the "payment upon arrival" amount stated in the booking confirmation email (although it should be) so people who come to stay at the hostel could come more prepared.

city tax it's not included, and thanks to this review now it's explained even more

I DID NOT stay in this hostel. I gave excellent review because the owner/staff did not charge me eventhough i cancel my booking after the cancellation period. and cancellation process was easy.

I'm glad the internet worked and the staff were great (I got free pasta the first night). I got an unexpected upgrade but the beds are pretty small. There's a kitchen for anyone's use, but the fridge door barely closes and I wouldn't trust any food in there. My only complaint is the bathroom, which was very uncomfortable with the toilet being in the shower.

We had great time at EastSide hostel. We really felt like we are home and it was one amazing new year's eve. If we come back to Rome we will definitely go back there.

The location of the hostel is very good, only a short 5 min walk from the metro. It is clean, and operated by friendly and helpful staffs.

It was a really nice hostel. Just a few far away from the enter of rome. They were really nice, they let us keep our bakpacks until 7:00pm, even though the chek out was at 12 pm. Everything nice and clean, except for a bathroom the first day we arrived in the morning. They allways are there to help you if you have questions

The staffs were amazing! When we arrived they made us tipical food and an other day gave us cake, furthermore they have magnific food that is prepared there and is cheap, like 2,50€ for an awesome pasta. The onwers live there and are always avaliable to help and talk. It was VERY clean and the atmosphere was really awesome, there you can feel like in your home, but with some more friends hahaha I'd realy apreciate go back there some day!

Genial! great place! With fun people, thoughtful and always willing to help! I love it!

a good hostel, really calm and Clean. But a little bit expensive because there is not so much stuffs to do there. But for a family its really good. 10 minutes to train station and security. I liked and I recommend. Thanks.

It was such a great pleasure to stay at EastSide! The staff is super friendly, always helpful and caring, we were welcomed as the dearest guests and surprisingly got a private room instead of 6 bed one we had booked! We also had a pasta party and were given a piece of a home-made cake before leaving. What about the atmosphere, it always depends on what you're looking for and what people stay together with you, for us it was exactly what we needed. I'd definitely go back there! Thank you!

We had a great time in EastSide Hostel. The location is good, on the least busy metro lines. The staff is super friendly :) If they offer to help you with the car to go to the airport please accept, the experience we had with the buses and trains in Italy was awful. Really awful! Overall the staying was good!

Friendly staff & Kitchen cuts down costs in Rome

Great friendly hostel owners that make you feel very welcome. Had pasta party. Great company great food. Only problem is lockers in rooms are not that secure really. If someone wanted to get in they could easily. And no sign outside for hostel just had to look for street number. Par that a great experience and would recommend the hostel.

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts