Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

Staff were incredibly friendly and extremely helpful. Private rooms are small, but comfortable beds and hot showers. Kitchen area and common areas are good. Great location, close to nice cafés and the main train station.

Friendly staff. Let us keep our bags in their lockers the whole day after we checked out. Helpful with local advise and phoning a taxi. Clean room and facilities. I would stay there again.

Nice small cosy hostel with a good kitchen and sociable common room. Took maybe 10-15 mins to get to brandenburg gate but Berlin is pretty big anyway and you're very close to the bars on Oranienburger street. Sits below an apartment block so you cant make too much noise but if there is a good crowd it would have a good atmosphere

It was my second time at the Eastener! It is a quiet hostel and very small, but the staff is great!! Everything can be done in walking distance, but it's far enough that you don't get disturbed by the people outside during your sleep (compared to if you stayed in Kreuzberg). It's a good hostel! :)

It was a good place to stay but out of the three hostels we stayed in it was the most expensive with the least amount of facilities. The bed sheets that we paid extra for were also damp. They did however provide a free locker for the next day which was nice.

Storage space for large backpacks is poor. They have large cupboards, which they won't allow you to use because they are in bad shape. No other secure lockable location for large bags.

• 6th Jul 2014

My girlfriend and I had a prolonged stay in Berlin. 5 days or so. We would recommend the easterner for a short stay, but for longer stays, it was a little uncomfortable. We really like the common area for breakfast, but other niceties weren't as nice.

The hostel is very nice and the staff is very friendly and the location is very near to the metro station, so is very easy to go wherever you want to. It's small but is very comfortable and they have a kitchen to the clients put their things or cook. The only bad thing is that they don't accept credit card.

it was our second time there - great hostel, clean, safe, quiet and with great staff. and they sure do love anna calvi!

A small hostel run by friendly folks. Of slight inconvenience that they don't accept credit card but it is not a huge issue.

Great hostel, very clean, and very well-organised. Good value for money and a good location for seeing Berlin. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Lovely hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely stay there again next time I am in Berlin! Thank you!

• 24th Jun 2014

small but modern, has all facilities, friendly staff and good location, didnt really need to take the underground everywhere is walkable. not a party hostel which is good for me. value for money

Very nice and quiet hostel. If you're looking for a place to sleep in peace, this is the place. It's also close to the metro and to the Berlin Wall Memorial.

The hostel is pretty nice! It's not located too far from everything but I recommend renting a bike from the hostel (about 11 euros for 24 hours). The staff was extremely friendly and the facilities were realy nice. The breakfast was great and there's happy hour every night which is nice. The only negative thing I could think of is the amount of large groups that stayed there. But if you're planning on coming to Amsterdam, I recommend staying here.

My favorite hostel in Berlin. Stayed there for 2 weeks. Great staff. The only drawback was the unreliable Internet connection.

I stayed at Easterner for 3 days this Summer, and it was a lovely experience. Laura, who is one of the people who takes care of the place, is a fantastic girl to talk to. The people whom I roomed with were respectful and cool. I would definitely return if I go to Berlin again. (My only complaint is that the shower uses an automatic sensor system, which turns off after every 30 seconds or so, and you need to wave your hand in front of the sensor to turn it back on.)

Came at 10, had to wait nearly an hour for reception to show up to pay and check out

It just is not what it seems. The staff are there limited hours. Staff are very kind and helpful. At night, it felt unsafe. There is no control of the room temperature. I would not recommend it nor would I spend the night here again. There was little space in the two person double bed room. Bunk beds would have been better for the space.

Very expensive for the facilities it offers.

• 3rd Jun 2014