Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

Small, quiet hostel where I still met some great people to explore with. The door to the 8 bed room does not lock unless you manually pull it shut. Apparently you're supposed to show up before 5pm or else you have to call? Even though the confirmation email says 8pm. I was told I was "late" for getting there at 6:15pm and having to find a phone to get let in. Bathrooms ran out of toilet paper one night. Being able to make friends AND sleep for a decent price makes it worth it.

Matt was a really great staffer who was very helpful. The hostel is very small and quite, which I liked and in a good location if you're okay figuring out the public transit, we walked everywhere and that was fine too. Bring your own padlock for a locker. The wifi was a little iffy at night when everyone was using it, but it's okay. Do the free walking tour that picks you up outside the hostel! Overall, very pleased with my stay.

An awesome hostel, Matt the owner is great. We stayed in a private room with a very nice en suite, it was really clean and had good kitchen facilities. Very close to all monuments, highly recommend

• 18th Jun 2015

Nice Stadt, good prize and a clean room. It was a great stay.

• 12th Jun 2015

Staff were great help, very friendly and showed us local places to eat/drink and what to do. Amazing stay would recommend 10/10. Also location was perfect for us short walk to major sights and tourist areas also short walk to local cafes and restaurants.

Great Hostel, walking distance from main tourist sites, staff very kind and gentle! My stay couldn't be better!

What can I say! This place is perfect if you don't want a party hostel. my partner and I stayed here for 7 nights, it was close to everything we needed. Matt the owner is very friendly and funny! I recommend this place to anyone.

Myself and my partner stayed at this hostel while we were inter-railing across Europe. We had an enjoyable stay at this hostel. When we arrived the staff let us know what to visit and what restaurants and bars were good. Room was a little cramped but overall everything was fine.

The location is close to some tourist spot and the staff is nice! Yet, the opening hour of reception is very short so it may be not very convenient some times.

The best thing is the location . Lots of restaurants, bars nearby, also grocery, near tram line/metro, and you could even walk to branderburger gate (20min) if you want. The owner Matt is really friendly and helpful. Rooms are average but clean enough.

The office is not open very often (difficult/annoying when checking in!). Must pay in cash. Excellent facilities - very clean! Stayed in a double room and had a queen size bed. Quality was similar to a hotel! Code to enter the building and a key to enter the room, so I felt very secure. Very nice area. Restaurant bar, small grocery shop (x2) and bakery literally around the corner. Public transportation is very convenient. We did a free walking tour recommended by the hostel and loved it!

The Eastener was great. Really cozy, clean and comfortable. There's a great little common room with a card table and a kitchen with all necessary utensils. It's definitely on the quieter side but it's in such a great central location that there's no problem going out to find a bar or restaurant. I would definitely stay here again!

• 12th May 2015

The easterner was a refreshing change to some hostels we stayed previously. It's a quieter hostel but is easily accessible into the centre of the city, we walked everywhere. It's also close to a main station. The staff, Tim, especially was really welcoming and friendly! Showers are the 30sec sort of thing but they were hot and had good pressure. We met some great people in our dorm and the kitchen allowed us to cook using the stove. Would recommend!

A perfect hostel to solo travellers, with a really kind staff. It´s cozy and confortable, and with kitchen (important point). And everything (train station, Brandemburg, Alexanderplatz, Dead Chicken Alley or Ramones museum, for example) is a walking distance.

Overall it was good. Bed was broken but it was rearranged by the staff. Location is perfect. Staff very helpful.

Great location, walking distance to a lot of the main sights. The guy who runs it is very nice and friendly, comfortable bed. Showers are the type that you have to keep pressing the button every 30 seconds to keep it on, that can be a little annoying, but that's fine. It's not a party hostel at all, so not the best if you're looking for that, but it was fine for me, it was a great price, enjoyed my stay, and met some nice travellers. Would recommend.

We really liked the Eastener Hostel. It was very clean and very well located. It's very close to the tram and U-Bahn stations. We walked everywhere from the hostel. We stayed 5 nights and didn't have any problems during our stay. Matt gave us pretty good overview of what to visit and see and also instructions about the hostel (You also get towels). If you are interested, there's a free tour of the city starting from in front of the hostel (we wanted to tour with our own pace, so didn't join)

I had a lovely stay at easterner hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the area was quiet at night and it was easy to get to different areas in Berlin.

Perfect hostel close to everything you need to see in Berlin. Loved the stay and would definitely go again!

Great location, excellent staff who were very helpful. The only issue was that the bathroom wasnt so clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3