Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

The staffs were friendly and enthusiastic. The double bed room was very small and no mirror in the bed room and no towels too. Recommended for friends staying, but not so comfy for couples.

Reception was supposed to be open 10-15 & 18-20 but it was hardly ever manned. the receptionist was 45 minutes late, my first morning, so I wasted my morning waiting. (I arrived at 7pm the night before, so technically there should have been someone then as well). Showers were annoying, as they were sensor ones, but you had to put your hand right in front of the sensor, so it turned off every 30 seconds. Kitchen was good and well equipped. Security was poor - non-guests guessed the frontdoor code

Was a great hostel, the staff were so helpful and accommodating when i booked an extra night, even though i had to move rooms. I expected the atmosphere of the hostel to be sub par at best due to the reviews and stuff, but it was actually fab, not sure if this was because of the people, since there was no atmosphere made by the people. But i would definately stay here again

Really nice hostel!! If you want a quiet environment, that's the place for you, its small and confy. Staff really nice. Good working wifi. Hot showers. Laura Velkner

Good hostel with great staff which is very helpful.

Not your normal hostel. It's a really calm one (as they tell you beforehand), most of the day there's no staff but they leave you an emergency number, so the hostel pretty much regulates itself. Beds were good, kitchen was great (no oven though). There were no sockets near your bed, and only 3 bathrooms (2 with showers in it) for the whole hostel, though it never was a problem for me. Location is decent, well connected to S and U Bahn but a bit far for some attractions.

Brilliant small hostel, nice friendly staff and excellent location! I definitely recommend.

• 13th Oct 2015

it was an excellent hostel, impressively clean and the stuff was always willing to answer our questions. the atmosphere was warm and welcome, and mitte, were the hostel is placed, is a verry beautiful, central region, with lots of places to see and have something to eat or drink.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Location, service, staff wonderful

Great little spot near metro. Staff is excellent and accommodating. Bedrooms large. Tall lockers in room (not all work). You pay for linens. Two showers and one toilet; pretty clean. Smaller kitchen with enough room for group. Front door requires code. Key for bedrooms. Wifi was decent - especially in common room.

I really enjoyed this hostel. It has a quieter environment but friendly nonetheless. In Mitte so close to a lot of the touristy sites in the center of the city but still very easy to get to Kreuzberg. The only negative is that there were lockers but you had to have a bigger lock for them to work. So because my locks were smaller I couldn't actually lock my things up but either way I felt very safe with my things there.

Perfect for a longer stay. I often get the feeling while staying at a hostel that you don't really get to know any locals or know any local knowledge and know the city outside of the main sights? Didn't get that here at all, with Matt and Tim who run the hostel being really welcoming, easy to get along with and open to any questions which is interesting hearing what they have to say about Berlin. Also Matt is in a band so it's cool to talk to him about the music scene and possibly see him play

loved the guy at reception. helpful and informative about berlin

• 3rd Oct 2015

There was no real pan in the kitchen.

Great quiet hostel with incredibly friendly staff, very clean and comfortable beds would highly recommend staying here

Great location, great staff, but there isn't enough bathrooms, so sometimes you have to wait a bit, but it isn't a huge problem, at least not for me.

A quite high c/p value hostel. The staff is very enthusiastic to us. The only obvious problem is that all 4 rooms share 3 bathrooms together, may need to wait for the toilet at night.

Most of the things are good, only the wifi connection is not stable

Good, quiet hostel. The beds were comfortable, the facilities clean and fully functional, and Matt is a cool person who gives great recommendations. I'll stay here again if I come back to Berlin.

Really enjoyed the relaxed homely atmosphere. Matt was really welcoming and showed us around the hostel and map of Berlin. We also enjoyed Matts guitar playing in the evening. Good location close to supermarket and metro. Would recommend staying here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3