Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

Great Hostel, walking distance from main tourist sites, staff very kind and gentle! My stay couldn't be better!

What can I say! This place is perfect if you don't want a party hostel. my partner and I stayed here for 7 nights, it was close to everything we needed. Matt the owner is very friendly and funny! I recommend this place to anyone.

Myself and my partner stayed at this hostel while we were inter-railing across Europe. We had an enjoyable stay at this hostel. When we arrived the staff let us know what to visit and what restaurants and bars were good. Room was a little cramped but overall everything was fine.

The location is close to some tourist spot and the staff is nice! Yet, the opening hour of reception is very short so it may be not very convenient some times.

The best thing is the location . Lots of restaurants, bars nearby, also grocery, near tram line/metro, and you could even walk to branderburger gate (20min) if you want. The owner Matt is really friendly and helpful. Rooms are average but clean enough.

The office is not open very often (difficult/annoying when checking in!). Must pay in cash. Excellent facilities - very clean! Stayed in a double room and had a queen size bed. Quality was similar to a hotel! Code to enter the building and a key to enter the room, so I felt very secure. Very nice area. Restaurant bar, small grocery shop (x2) and bakery literally around the corner. Public transportation is very convenient. We did a free walking tour recommended by the hostel and loved it!

The Eastener was great. Really cozy, clean and comfortable. There's a great little common room with a card table and a kitchen with all necessary utensils. It's definitely on the quieter side but it's in such a great central location that there's no problem going out to find a bar or restaurant. I would definitely stay here again!

The easterner was a refreshing change to some hostels we stayed previously. It's a quieter hostel but is easily accessible into the centre of the city, we walked everywhere. It's also close to a main station. The staff, Tim, especially was really welcoming and friendly! Showers are the 30sec sort of thing but they were hot and had good pressure. We met some great people in our dorm and the kitchen allowed us to cook using the stove. Would recommend!

A perfect hostel to solo travellers, with a really kind staff. It´s cozy and confortable, and with kitchen (important point). And everything (train station, Brandemburg, Alexanderplatz, Dead Chicken Alley or Ramones museum, for example) is a walking distance.

Overall it was good. Bed was broken but it was rearranged by the staff. Location is perfect. Staff very helpful.

Great location, walking distance to a lot of the main sights. The guy who runs it is very nice and friendly, comfortable bed. Showers are the type that you have to keep pressing the button every 30 seconds to keep it on, that can be a little annoying, but that's fine. It's not a party hostel at all, so not the best if you're looking for that, but it was fine for me, it was a great price, enjoyed my stay, and met some nice travellers. Would recommend.

We really liked the Eastener Hostel. It was very clean and very well located. It's very close to the tram and U-Bahn stations. We walked everywhere from the hostel. We stayed 5 nights and didn't have any problems during our stay. Matt gave us pretty good overview of what to visit and see and also instructions about the hostel (You also get towels). If you are interested, there's a free tour of the city starting from in front of the hostel (we wanted to tour with our own pace, so didn't join)

I had a lovely stay at easterner hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the area was quiet at night and it was easy to get to different areas in Berlin.

Perfect hostel close to everything you need to see in Berlin. Loved the stay and would definitely go again!

Great location, excellent staff who were very helpful. The only issue was that the bathroom wasnt so clean.

Very good value for money and very central. Even got a free room-upgrade. Highly recommended for people on a budget.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Eastener provides a great facility in a good location. The man who checked us in was very helpful. Be sure to catch the free walking tour.

We really enjoyed our stay at Easterner's. The staff were great and the location was brilliant. It was a nice and small hostel so it was really comfortable and we had no dramas at all. Thank you!

I had a really great stay! Staff was extremely accommodating and there to help. Good location. Very clean. I would come back to this hostel in my next visit to Berlin.

Great place for sleeping, close to many of the Berlin sights, owner was very helpful with suggestions. Atmosphere is not the best for socialization. But if you're looking for a quiet, clean place to spend a few nights, this would probably be it.