Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

Very nice and quiet hostel. If you're looking for a place to sleep in peace, this is the place. It's also close to the metro and to the Berlin Wall Memorial.

The hostel is pretty nice! It's not located too far from everything but I recommend renting a bike from the hostel (about 11 euros for 24 hours). The staff was extremely friendly and the facilities were realy nice. The breakfast was great and there's happy hour every night which is nice. The only negative thing I could think of is the amount of large groups that stayed there. But if you're planning on coming to Amsterdam, I recommend staying here.

My favorite hostel in Berlin. Stayed there for 2 weeks. Great staff. The only drawback was the unreliable Internet connection.

I stayed at Easterner for 3 days this Summer, and it was a lovely experience. Laura, who is one of the people who takes care of the place, is a fantastic girl to talk to. The people whom I roomed with were respectful and cool. I would definitely return if I go to Berlin again. (My only complaint is that the shower uses an automatic sensor system, which turns off after every 30 seconds or so, and you need to wave your hand in front of the sensor to turn it back on.)

Came at 10, had to wait nearly an hour for reception to show up to pay and check out

It just is not what it seems. The staff are there limited hours. Staff are very kind and helpful. At night, it felt unsafe. There is no control of the room temperature. I would not recommend it nor would I spend the night here again. There was little space in the two person double bed room. Bunk beds would have been better for the space.

Very expensive for the facilities it offers.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Greece

Matt and the rest of the staff at the eastener hostel were amazing and extremely helpful. This was my third trip to Berlin. Now the only regrets I have from my previous trips are not staying here before. Thank you guys for the best hostel stay I have had on this trip.

excellent hostel!! with nice and helpful staff, clean environment, sufficient facilities, super close to berlin wall exhibition .... worth to stay !!!

Nice host-.

Matt runs the hostel with passion, and had been really kind during my stay. Would certainly go back whenever I visit Berlin in the future.

Interesting and considerate guests from everywhere.

My only negative comment is the lockers were too small for my pack.

Amazing place..all is very good.. And Matt the owner is great man and guitar. Player...hilly recommend this place

The location is excellent. Many cool neighborhoods are within walking distance and it is only a couple minutes from the S and U lines. Matt on staff was very helpful for places to hang out and eat in the city. Where the hipsters eat brunch was especially helpful. We had a tiny twin room with a bunk bed but it sufficed because we only needed the room to crash at night.

• 24th May 2014

Centrally located, clean, safe and quiet, as advertised. Helpful staff. Would stay again.

Staff was very friendly. Great location. Only there to sleep the night so it did it's job. Maybe work on improving the wifi in all the rooms.

• 19th May 2014

Great place! Stayed in a double room ensuite, very very clean.

That's definitely a great option for those who want to stay in a well located place in Berlim, for a very good price, with clean rooms and friendly staff. The only weak point was the Wifi where I stayed, which was very unstable. Besides it, I indeed recommend it.

Having been to more than 50 hostels throughout Europe, the Eastener Hostel totally missed the mark. It's a tiny and rather basic hostel in a convenient location. Despite its very small size, it lacks a sociable atmosphere. Moreover, the cleanliness leaves much to be desired. What I found very odd, is that the staff frequently isn't present to answer the doorbell or your questions. On the positive side, the location is good, offering easy access to public transport and nearby sights.