Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

Location wise hostel was very good.very near to transportation and easy to commute in Berlin ..Kitchen facilities are good and everything is in good order. Room was private ensuite. Wouldn't say very big.Its a room with a bathroom attached though. Wifii was very poor in hostel ,although we could connect to it.will take ages to access internet from our private devices .Staff is kind of okay as well.Neutral i would say All in all mixed response.

Great Hostel. Unfortunately I stayed in just for one noght, but was necessary to see how good the atmosphere and organization of the hostel is. With a kitchen to cook and freeze foods that could be brought to the hostel, there is also a common area that we could relax and talk. Good staff and realatively cheap. Nice place to stay!

• 14th Apr 2014

The hostel was very well located, really close to the main touristic points. The staff was really helpful. The reception is not 24h but it wasn't a problem at all. The facilities are good and clean. The room was very spacious, but there weren't sockets enough for everybody in the room. But I guess this was the only problem during my whole stay there. Would stay there again, when I`m back to Berlin :)

Great hostel. Would definitely stay here again. Our room was clean and had sink, wardrobe and coat rack, Enough bathroom facilities for size of hostel, decent wifi and affordable room prices. Great location very near to underground, and very fast to main sights and central areas of city. Friendly and helpful staff. Overall, lovely hostel.

Very small twin room but private bathroom which was nice-but also very small. Very friendly woman greeted us and showed us where everything was. Location is good for going out to dinner at night and for walking to the area of all the attractions. Very quiet. I couldn't believe how quiet all night. Worked fine for our touristing needs. Awesome coffee shop nearby that was recommended.

Stayed as a couple in room with own bathroom, was small but manageable. The first night was a bit annoying because we could hear loud air conditioning / ventilation from another room the whole night. Apparently that happens if these people keep the lights on over night. The staff was very understanding, reminded the people to turn off the lights and it was much better the following 2 nights. Ah and the WIFI (tested on phone and laptop) was unfortunately really slow, almost unusable.

€2 for bed sheet? Non sense!

Matt the owner is friendly, informative and super funny. This small but cosy hostel is ideal to come back to after busy days/nights out and about. The location was perfect for me and I couldn't have been more happier with my stay.

Extremely charming staff :) Great location! Definitely a valuable option to consider for Berlin!

Really enjoyed my stay there, well located with lots of stories and restaurants around. They have good kitchen with free coffee and tea, what I really appreciate and help us travelers save some money, I would definitely recommend them.

Good little hostel. Right near the Berlin Wall Memorial and only about 20 minutes walk to the main sights. Was a good base for seeing the sights but not so great for meeting other travellers due to the hostel's small size and the small communal area. But overall a good stay.

Best Hostel in the world with the best staff. Really good location, definitely would go back.

the hostel is not big but very beautiful and clean...is located 200 metres far from metro station "oranienburger tor" in "Mitte" district...It is not far from the most interestig places of the city. The bedroom is quite small but very comfortable...there was a common kitchen and a common living room too....the owner (Matt) is very helpfull and friendly...In the end the price is cheapy....I recommend this hostel!!!

The wifi is poor, hard to connect and slow as well. Stuff is kind really. Room is tiny, two people can hardly move unless one sitting on the bed.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • China

Quiet, as promissed.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Really fantastic. Really couldn't fault.

Great place. As advertised, it is quiet and not a party place at all, which is exactly what I was looking for. It's a hostel, of course, so people still come and go at all hours, but all were very considerate and quiet as needed. Staff have fairly limited hours, but incredibly helpful when they are there. Location is good, not quite perfect but only a couple minute walk to the u-bahn. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in Berlin, and wholeheartedly recommend them.

• 15th Mar 2014

The twin room is really small and the beds are bunk beds... one over the other... the internet was terrible in the room

A great hostel if you're on a budget. As it says on the description it's quiet - what that means is that people in the rooms are often out (it's Berlin afterall) and sometimes there's no one in the common room, so if you're looking for a busy sociable hostel it's not for you. Having said that, I did meet some lovely people as you will always bump into people in the kitchen (great facilities!) or the common room at some point, and you can get sleep too! Lovely staff, great location, really good!

They had disabled access within the hostel and kitchen with most things apart from an oven. Was super clean, first thing I noticed when I walked in, both the room and the toilet and sinks are in the bathrooms which are extremely useful. We checked in late so unfortunately did not meet the staff apart from the house keeper and were so busy we didn't meet them but they were helpful in correspondance before our stay. If you want a quiet, clean hostel this is for you! Great location too to sightsee