Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

Very expensive for the facilities it offers.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Greece

Matt and the rest of the staff at the eastener hostel were amazing and extremely helpful. This was my third trip to Berlin. Now the only regrets I have from my previous trips are not staying here before. Thank you guys for the best hostel stay I have had on this trip.

excellent hostel!! with nice and helpful staff, clean environment, sufficient facilities, super close to berlin wall exhibition .... worth to stay !!!

Nice host-.

Matt runs the hostel with passion, and had been really kind during my stay. Would certainly go back whenever I visit Berlin in the future.

Interesting and considerate guests from everywhere.

My only negative comment is the lockers were too small for my pack.

Amazing place..all is very good.. And Matt the owner is great man and guitar. Player...hilly recommend this place

The location is excellent. Many cool neighborhoods are within walking distance and it is only a couple minutes from the S and U lines. Matt on staff was very helpful for places to hang out and eat in the city. Where the hipsters eat brunch was especially helpful. We had a tiny twin room with a bunk bed but it sufficed because we only needed the room to crash at night.

• 24th May 2014

Centrally located, clean, safe and quiet, as advertised. Helpful staff. Would stay again.

Staff was very friendly. Great location. Only there to sleep the night so it did it's job. Maybe work on improving the wifi in all the rooms.

• 19th May 2014

Great place! Stayed in a double room ensuite, very very clean.

That's definitely a great option for those who want to stay in a well located place in Berlim, for a very good price, with clean rooms and friendly staff. The only weak point was the Wifi where I stayed, which was very unstable. Besides it, I indeed recommend it.

Having been to more than 50 hostels throughout Europe, the Eastener Hostel totally missed the mark. It's a tiny and rather basic hostel in a convenient location. Despite its very small size, it lacks a sociable atmosphere. Moreover, the cleanliness leaves much to be desired. What I found very odd, is that the staff frequently isn't present to answer the doorbell or your questions. On the positive side, the location is good, offering easy access to public transport and nearby sights.

Eastener is a ground floor flat converted to a small hostel. If you are looking for a simple place to sleep, go for it. If what you want is a place to chill out and meet people, you should better pick another one (friend of ours was pretty happy with nearby hostel "Heart of Gold"). Eastener staff was unfortunately not really that helpful about tips for discovering Berlin apart from usual sightseeing.. :P

Fantastic hostel for those who want a more relaxed stay without having pub crawls thrown in your face... Great kitchen, good size dorms and great location. Be sure to try Cafe Bondi up the road if your Aussie and craving a descent coffee ;)

I miss free towels and I mind dirthy toilets and bathroom. Otherwise I prefer small and calm hostel and place was perfect, very close to center.

• 1st May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Wireless was slow, not always working

• 1st May 2014

Great location, great value for money. Good facilities, loved it that the hostel is so small and that there wasn't too many people and too many noise, crowds.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

I only have positive feedback for this hostel. Rooms a bit small, but not an issue for me... clean, excellent location, and staff remarkable.