Eastener Hostel Reviews

Novalisstr. 14, 10115, Berlin, Germany

My only negative comment is the lockers were too small for my pack.

Amazing place..all is very good.. And Matt the owner is great man and guitar. Player...hilly recommend this place

The location is excellent. Many cool neighborhoods are within walking distance and it is only a couple minutes from the S and U lines. Matt on staff was very helpful for places to hang out and eat in the city. Where the hipsters eat brunch was especially helpful. We had a tiny twin room with a bunk bed but it sufficed because we only needed the room to crash at night.

• 24th May 2014

Centrally located, clean, safe and quiet, as advertised. Helpful staff. Would stay again.

Staff was very friendly. Great location. Only there to sleep the night so it did it's job. Maybe work on improving the wifi in all the rooms.

• 19th May 2014

Great place! Stayed in a double room ensuite, very very clean.

That's definitely a great option for those who want to stay in a well located place in Berlim, for a very good price, with clean rooms and friendly staff. The only weak point was the Wifi where I stayed, which was very unstable. Besides it, I indeed recommend it.

Having been to more than 50 hostels throughout Europe, the Eastener Hostel totally missed the mark. It's a tiny and rather basic hostel in a convenient location. Despite its very small size, it lacks a sociable atmosphere. Moreover, the cleanliness leaves much to be desired. What I found very odd, is that the staff frequently isn't present to answer the doorbell or your questions. On the positive side, the location is good, offering easy access to public transport and nearby sights.

Eastener is a ground floor flat converted to a small hostel. If you are looking for a simple place to sleep, go for it. If what you want is a place to chill out and meet people, you should better pick another one (friend of ours was pretty happy with nearby hostel "Heart of Gold"). Eastener staff was unfortunately not really that helpful about tips for discovering Berlin apart from usual sightseeing.. :P

Fantastic hostel for those who want a more relaxed stay without having pub crawls thrown in your face... Great kitchen, good size dorms and great location. Be sure to try Cafe Bondi up the road if your Aussie and craving a descent coffee ;)

I miss free towels and I mind dirthy toilets and bathroom. Otherwise I prefer small and calm hostel and place was perfect, very close to center.

• 1st May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Wireless was slow, not always working

• 1st May 2014

Great location, great value for money. Good facilities, loved it that the hostel is so small and that there wasn't too many people and too many noise, crowds.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

I only have positive feedback for this hostel. Rooms a bit small, but not an issue for me... clean, excellent location, and staff remarkable.

Super clean, friendly staff, great location! I can highly recommend, if you want to have a nice and quiet hostel :)

Location wise hostel was very good.very near to transportation and easy to commute in Berlin ..Kitchen facilities are good and everything is in good order. Room was private ensuite. Wouldn't say very big.Its a room with a bathroom attached though. Wifii was very poor in hostel ,although we could connect to it.will take ages to access internet from our private devices .Staff is kind of okay as well.Neutral i would say All in all mixed response.

Great Hostel. Unfortunately I stayed in just for one noght, but was necessary to see how good the atmosphere and organization of the hostel is. With a kitchen to cook and freeze foods that could be brought to the hostel, there is also a common area that we could relax and talk. Good staff and realatively cheap. Nice place to stay!

• 14th Apr 2014

The hostel was very well located, really close to the main touristic points. The staff was really helpful. The reception is not 24h but it wasn't a problem at all. The facilities are good and clean. The room was very spacious, but there weren't sockets enough for everybody in the room. But I guess this was the only problem during my whole stay there. Would stay there again, when I`m back to Berlin :)

Great hostel. Would definitely stay here again. Our room was clean and had sink, wardrobe and coat rack, Enough bathroom facilities for size of hostel, decent wifi and affordable room prices. Great location very near to underground, and very fast to main sights and central areas of city. Friendly and helpful staff. Overall, lovely hostel.

Very small twin room but private bathroom which was nice-but also very small. Very friendly woman greeted us and showed us where everything was. Location is good for going out to dinner at night and for walking to the area of all the attractions. Very quiet. I couldn't believe how quiet all night. Worked fine for our touristing needs. Awesome coffee shop nearby that was recommended.