Eastwest Guesthouse Reviews

Istiklal Avenue, Eski Cicekci Street, N: 20 Beyogl, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Good location. Cosy rooms. Friendly staff. Breakfast poor: just untoasted toasts and eggs. Our toilet had a lack and it was not possible to close the shower, so the floor was wet all over the bathroom. Still a recommendable friendly place. We would stay there again, if we came back to Istanbul.

Very kind people clean stuff very close to taksim square highly recomended

The location is a little bit far away from the subway station, but it's not hard after your first visit. The staff is super passionate, always so helpful. What I like is the eco concept of this hostel, that everyone would leave something for the next guest in a big shelf.

Hard to find because there is no sign for the hostel which is located in a dark alley. One of our beds was not ready when we arrived late in the evening. The lock on my locker was broken. The hose for the shower head was broken so we had to splash ourselves with water from the faucet in the dirty shower stall to bathe. The "kitchen" is a tiny stove top and there is no fridge, The staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast is okay. Highly overrated hostel.

Dear Guest, Firstly, we apologize for your troubled experience. It was an unlucky coincidence that you stayed here at the same day as the funeral of Berkin Elvan. We were understaffed because streets were closed due to protests and police. Under normal conditions, we check the showers and the lockers, like many other things, everyday and we fix them if not working properly. However, we expect our guests to ask for help from our helpful staff in case of any emergency as a common hostel vibe. Thx

The hostel is clean and it's fun to hang out and make friends in the basement. The breakfast is simple bread and butter and cheese (and eggs if early enough). Tea and coffee are available all day. One night the hot water in the bath was not working. Staff could have been a bit warmer, but they were extremely genuine and helpful. If you walk past (to the left) the bagel shop in front of the hostel, there are three pretty good bars to hang out.

I found this hostel with my friend's suggestion and my first impression was the overall cleanliness and welcoming staff. I was expecting something similar to the other hostels around Taksim but this one by far was the best with it's facilities as well. It's a great feeling to have hot shower anytime you need! There is enough space for you to relax and settle your stuff. I feel like I paid very little but gained a lot of service for a hostel. The lovely lady's complementary foods were so yummy!!

• 19th Feb 2014

This was my 2nd stay at Eastwest Guesthouse. Everything was good and clean this time as well, but there was a bad smell coming from somewhere in the house and it was unbearable in our room. We were able to change rooms the next morning without any problems and the smell was almost undetectable there. Also some of the walls in the first room seemed a bit damp and little peaces of paint came down. Besides that we had no problems. Staff is friendly, breakfast good, rooms are clean. Perfect location

• 16th Feb 2014

Clean and located in the center of Istanbul. The staff is very kind and helpful.

Great staff, great hostel. Very clean and safe. Highly recommend it!

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

there was no water first night of our stay , when we asked the reception guy , he said sorry the whole building is having the same problem and that he doesn't know when will it be fixed , and provided no help at all . The rest of the staff were excellent , very kind and caring , common area was cozy and relaxing . it's a five story building with no lift , so if you tend to travel heavy , it's likely you'll have to carry your luggage while climbing lots of stairs .

Such a perfect location! The hostel is close to everywhere! Just in the middle of Istiklal Street at Taksim. You can go most of the places by walking. The price is cheap but it is very clean and they even give breakfast. Amazing! Thank you EastWest Hostel.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

Despite being difficult to find at first my stay at Eastwest Guesthouse in Istanbul was excellent. I was there for a conference and Eastwest Guesthouse was conveniently located to the venue. The staff were very friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and breakfast although simple was delicious. I would not want to stay anywhere else if I were to visit Istanbul again.

• 10th Dec 2013

Dorm's bathroom could use some cleaning more often. In the four days I stayed, the trash bin was never emptied.

Great location, it was easy to find. It's perfect especially if you have much to see but short time in Istanbul because they're close to almost every attractions..

• 22nd Oct 2013

Location is perfect! It is located in the city center and close to all transportations like subway, bus, and ferries. Very nice staff. They helped me a lot and they were so kindly. The hotel, rooms, and bathrooms were very clean. Also, there are AC in rooms and breakfast was great.