Eastwest Guesthouse Reviews

Istiklal Avenue, Eski Cicekci Street, N: 20 Beyogl, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is clean and it's fun to hang out and make friends in the basement. The breakfast is simple bread and butter and cheese (and eggs if early enough). Tea and coffee are available all day. One night the hot water in the bath was not working. Staff could have been a bit warmer, but they were extremely genuine and helpful. If you walk past (to the left) the bagel shop in front of the hostel, there are three pretty good bars to hang out.

I found this hostel with my friend's suggestion and my first impression was the overall cleanliness and welcoming staff. I was expecting something similar to the other hostels around Taksim but this one by far was the best with it's facilities as well. It's a great feeling to have hot shower anytime you need! There is enough space for you to relax and settle your stuff. I feel like I paid very little but gained a lot of service for a hostel. The lovely lady's complementary foods were so yummy!!

• 19th Feb 2014

This was my 2nd stay at Eastwest Guesthouse. Everything was good and clean this time as well, but there was a bad smell coming from somewhere in the house and it was unbearable in our room. We were able to change rooms the next morning without any problems and the smell was almost undetectable there. Also some of the walls in the first room seemed a bit damp and little peaces of paint came down. Besides that we had no problems. Staff is friendly, breakfast good, rooms are clean. Perfect location

• 16th Feb 2014

Clean and located in the center of Istanbul. The staff is very kind and helpful.

Great staff, great hostel. Very clean and safe. Highly recommend it!

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

there was no water first night of our stay , when we asked the reception guy , he said sorry the whole building is having the same problem and that he doesn't know when will it be fixed , and provided no help at all . The rest of the staff were excellent , very kind and caring , common area was cozy and relaxing . it's a five story building with no lift , so if you tend to travel heavy , it's likely you'll have to carry your luggage while climbing lots of stairs .

Such a perfect location! The hostel is close to everywhere! Just in the middle of Istiklal Street at Taksim. You can go most of the places by walking. The price is cheap but it is very clean and they even give breakfast. Amazing! Thank you EastWest Hostel.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

Despite being difficult to find at first my stay at Eastwest Guesthouse in Istanbul was excellent. I was there for a conference and Eastwest Guesthouse was conveniently located to the venue. The staff were very friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and breakfast although simple was delicious. I would not want to stay anywhere else if I were to visit Istanbul again.

• 10th Dec 2013

Dorm's bathroom could use some cleaning more often. In the four days I stayed, the trash bin was never emptied.

Great location, it was easy to find. It's perfect especially if you have much to see but short time in Istanbul because they're close to almost every attractions..

• 22nd Oct 2013

Location is perfect! It is located in the city center and close to all transportations like subway, bus, and ferries. Very nice staff. They helped me a lot and they were so kindly. The hotel, rooms, and bathrooms were very clean. Also, there are AC in rooms and breakfast was great.

Since it was my first hostelworld booking, I've had some concerns about making booking online but everthing was so good! Breakfast was better than I expected. Hazelnut paste and eggs were like bonuses for me.

• 12th Oct 2013

We stayed in a private room which was definitely above average for a hostel. The staff was really friendly. Only comment are: is not very easy to meet people as the common area is very small and it would be nice to have a bin with a lid in the bathroom as toilet paper can't be thrown in the toilet. Other than that, is great value for money and brilliant location!

Great Staff really helpful. Good Breakfast, Good location. Excellent Wi fi Connection- Narrow Stairs to the bedroom

Everything was better than I expected. Cozy common room, good breakfast, helpful staff and perfect location.

• 6th Jul 2013

Good stay in general. Good location and friendly staff. A bit odd that toilet paper couldn't be flushed down the toilet. If toilet paper has to be thrown in a bin, it would be nice if that bin had a lid and wasn't just open (both for smell and view). The breakfast was also unusally late (9-11), which meant I had to buy breakfast somewhere else for early mornings. Plus points for free WiFi and air conditioning.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

This location is perfect to have a less touristy experience in Istanbul. EastWest is a short walk from a tram station that you can take to go anywhere in the city. It is also by Istikal avenue, a trendy area with excellent food and even better nightlife. On top of the location, the staff here is incredibly helpful and the facilities are pristine.

The only problems I had were that my lock was broken on my locker, so I had to use another one and the door to my room was very squeaky and disturbing to us all is the room. Another issue which was fixed was the use of the air conditioner in the room since it took me a day or so to realize that I could ask for the controller at the reception. I guess it saves electricity if it's not available all the time, but it was better after that.

Great staff, great location, great stairs :-) defintly a great place to be! thanks!

• 7th May 2013
  • Switzerland

Great staff all around. Someone is there 24/7. It's very central to Istiklal the main walking street and all the pubs/bars/clubs are nearby. Not for someone who wants to go to bed early (as in before 3am) as the neighborhood is loud but the hostel itself is pretty quiet and not a party place at all. Restaurant 360 is right up the street which is a must for all visitors...the view is free but they are pricey for drinks/food.