Eastwest Guesthouse Reviews

Istiklal Avenue, Eski Cicekci Street, N: 20 Beyogl, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

This location is perfect to have a less touristy experience in Istanbul. EastWest is a short walk from a tram station that you can take to go anywhere in the city. It is also by Istikal avenue, a trendy area with excellent food and even better nightlife. On top of the location, the staff here is incredibly helpful and the facilities are pristine.

The only problems I had were that my lock was broken on my locker, so I had to use another one and the door to my room was very squeaky and disturbing to us all is the room. Another issue which was fixed was the use of the air conditioner in the room since it took me a day or so to realize that I could ask for the controller at the reception. I guess it saves electricity if it's not available all the time, but it was better after that.

Great staff, great location, great stairs :-) defintly a great place to be! thanks!

• 7th May 2013
  • Switzerland

Great staff all around. Someone is there 24/7. It's very central to Istiklal the main walking street and all the pubs/bars/clubs are nearby. Not for someone who wants to go to bed early (as in before 3am) as the neighborhood is loud but the hostel itself is pretty quiet and not a party place at all. Restaurant 360 is right up the street which is a must for all visitors...the view is free but they are pricey for drinks/food.

Very good value for money in this hostel. Free water in the common room, which was awesome. Staff friendly, even included us in an English lesson. Our hostel world booking got lost in the system, but they promptly fixed the issue which wads to do with software integration. This meant they gave us a room upgrade for one night, which was good.

Rather meagre breakfast, but good overall value for the money.

• 23rd Apr 2013

A great place to stay! The staff are friendly and very helpful, the rooms are clean and tidy (as are the bathrooms!) and you can get fresh towels if you ask for them. The breakfast was basic but good and plentiful. Very well located near shops, restaurants, tram stops. The only downside was the steep and long stairs, but really not much of an issue given all the good points of Eastwest. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul and will stay again next time I'm in the city!

far from main attractions if sultanamehet. Each way by tram will cost 3 TL. Only 2 reasons to stay there if you want to stay closer to nightlife places or want less people in your room: in sultanamehet you get more people in dormitory rooms but 5 mins walk (no need to take tram) from sophua hajia etc.

Great hostel! Whenever I go Istanbul, I will definitely stay there.

• 20th Mar 2013
  • Austria
  • Male

Perfect location and clean rooms.

• 12th Mar 2013

Very nice hostel right next to Istiklal Cd.! The staff was very friendly and helpful and breakfast was good as well. The rooms were clean and the lockers are quite spacious and safe. We didn't really get in touch with most of the other people staying there as the kitchen is quite a small common area to really meet people... The comments about the stairs are understandable, but it's Istanbul you know ;) We enjoyed our stay a lot!

Cozy and nice hostel.

• 2nd Mar 2013

A bit weird-very centrally located but very hard to find as no name on door or any signs at all.Hostel is tall and thin with VERY steep spiral stairs so wont suit everyone.However staff are very friendly and helpful and the basement kitchen is warm and cosy,nice place to hang out or eat your own food.Very nice sustaining breakfasts included;good value but we had some extremely noisy and antisocial Germans who took over all the other rooms and dominated the place with noise and yelling till late

Great location, right in the middle of shopping and night life areas. I stayed one night, the staff we're friendly in telling me good things to see and go. electric key pass for front door, key for room and also free lockers in rooms. Clean and accessible. Would stay again.

At the heart of Istiklal Street, it's nearby many attractions of Istanbul. The staff is kind and helpful, I would definitely recommend you to try this hostel. I often go to Istanbul every month, and stay here if I can find a place..

Easy to find, just few meters away from the main street. Rich breakfast and kind staff.

• 2nd Feb 2013

Everything wa good. Maybe it should be better the breakfast.

Great hostel to stay! Clean bathrooms, cozy rooms and comfortable common area. It doesn't matter if it rains outside, you can spend your time in common area with nice music and hot drinks.

• 31st Jan 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast was also great!

• 31st Jan 2013

We had a very nice stay. We were wondering what we could expect for the very little amount of money we payed. Well, it was a lot. Even the beds were already made up. The staff was extraordinary friendly. The location was very good, it's in the middle of all the night clubs and a lot of cafes and more. I really really recommend this hostel to others!

• 28th Jan 2013