Eastwest Guesthouse Reviews

Istiklal Avenue, Eski Cicekci Street, N: 20 Beyogl, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Dorm's bathroom could use some cleaning more often. In the four days I stayed, the trash bin was never emptied.

Great location, it was easy to find. It's perfect especially if you have much to see but short time in Istanbul because they're close to almost every attractions..

• 22nd Oct 2013

Location is perfect! It is located in the city center and close to all transportations like subway, bus, and ferries. Very nice staff. They helped me a lot and they were so kindly. The hotel, rooms, and bathrooms were very clean. Also, there are AC in rooms and breakfast was great.

Since it was my first hostelworld booking, I've had some concerns about making booking online but everthing was so good! Breakfast was better than I expected. Hazelnut paste and eggs were like bonuses for me.

• 12th Oct 2013

We stayed in a private room which was definitely above average for a hostel. The staff was really friendly. Only comment are: is not very easy to meet people as the common area is very small and it would be nice to have a bin with a lid in the bathroom as toilet paper can't be thrown in the toilet. Other than that, is great value for money and brilliant location!

Great Staff really helpful. Good Breakfast, Good location. Excellent Wi fi Connection- Narrow Stairs to the bedroom

Everything was better than I expected. Cozy common room, good breakfast, helpful staff and perfect location.

• 6th Jul 2013

Good stay in general. Good location and friendly staff. A bit odd that toilet paper couldn't be flushed down the toilet. If toilet paper has to be thrown in a bin, it would be nice if that bin had a lid and wasn't just open (both for smell and view). The breakfast was also unusally late (9-11), which meant I had to buy breakfast somewhere else for early mornings. Plus points for free WiFi and air conditioning.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

This location is perfect to have a less touristy experience in Istanbul. EastWest is a short walk from a tram station that you can take to go anywhere in the city. It is also by Istikal avenue, a trendy area with excellent food and even better nightlife. On top of the location, the staff here is incredibly helpful and the facilities are pristine.

The only problems I had were that my lock was broken on my locker, so I had to use another one and the door to my room was very squeaky and disturbing to us all is the room. Another issue which was fixed was the use of the air conditioner in the room since it took me a day or so to realize that I could ask for the controller at the reception. I guess it saves electricity if it's not available all the time, but it was better after that.

Great staff, great location, great stairs :-) defintly a great place to be! thanks!

• 7th May 2013
  • Switzerland

Great staff all around. Someone is there 24/7. It's very central to Istiklal the main walking street and all the pubs/bars/clubs are nearby. Not for someone who wants to go to bed early (as in before 3am) as the neighborhood is loud but the hostel itself is pretty quiet and not a party place at all. Restaurant 360 is right up the street which is a must for all visitors...the view is free but they are pricey for drinks/food.

Very good value for money in this hostel. Free water in the common room, which was awesome. Staff friendly, even included us in an English lesson. Our hostel world booking got lost in the system, but they promptly fixed the issue which wads to do with software integration. This meant they gave us a room upgrade for one night, which was good.

Rather meagre breakfast, but good overall value for the money.

• 23rd Apr 2013

A great place to stay! The staff are friendly and very helpful, the rooms are clean and tidy (as are the bathrooms!) and you can get fresh towels if you ask for them. The breakfast was basic but good and plentiful. Very well located near shops, restaurants, tram stops. The only downside was the steep and long stairs, but really not much of an issue given all the good points of Eastwest. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul and will stay again next time I'm in the city!

far from main attractions if sultanamehet. Each way by tram will cost 3 TL. Only 2 reasons to stay there if you want to stay closer to nightlife places or want less people in your room: in sultanamehet you get more people in dormitory rooms but 5 mins walk (no need to take tram) from sophua hajia etc.

Great hostel! Whenever I go Istanbul, I will definitely stay there.

• 20th Mar 2013
  • Austria
  • Male

Perfect location and clean rooms.

• 12th Mar 2013

Very nice hostel right next to Istiklal Cd.! The staff was very friendly and helpful and breakfast was good as well. The rooms were clean and the lockers are quite spacious and safe. We didn't really get in touch with most of the other people staying there as the kitchen is quite a small common area to really meet people... The comments about the stairs are understandable, but it's Istanbul you know ;) We enjoyed our stay a lot!

Cozy and nice hostel.