Eastwest Guesthouse Reviews

Istiklal Avenue, Eski Cicekci Street, N: 20 Beyogl, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent staff,clean friendly. Excellent location.everyone was very respectful. Great place to stay.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Great location, great staff ,very helpfull ,comfortable beds and air conditioning,very clean.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Great location, great ambience, great taste in music and lovely friends. This place is definetly sweeter than any other hostel i have stayed

• 5th Jul 2015

The pictures on hostelworld totally depict a different atmosphere. It is a dark, unclean and noisy building with trashy and small and smelly bathrooms. A two-three star hotel is just a few euros more expensive but a lot reliable. We did not stay more than 30 minutes in the hostel but we had to pay a night because we signed the cancellation policy before checking the room. Always check the room before signing anything :( To sum up, I felt cheated :(

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Hungary
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction about the room and the hostel. We understand your dissapointment about the room,but the photos on Hostelworld belong to the kitchen and two rooms which are in different types than the room you've booked. Probably that's why you didn't find what you expect about the room. We had to charge the amount for one night not because of only our cancellation policy but the booking policy of Hostelworld. All in all we'll pay attention about your comment.

I liked the place in general, but I found it in a dangerous street, moreover at night if you are alone. On the other hand I didn´t feel really welcome by the staff nor that peope were specially friendly. Was an average place, where you can sleep for couple of nights close to the city center.

First of all, thank you so much for your comment. We're sorry for making you felt insecured because of the condition of the street. We've already requested improving the street lighting from the municipality. We hope to have an oppurtunity to accommodate you again and compensate the things you complained about. See you again!

Comfortable and clean hostel! It is in the middle of Istiklal Avenue, close to everywhere. Even breakfast included to the price! Thank you each one of this amazing friendly stuff, hope to see you again on another trip:) I suggest this hostel to everyone!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great location, helpful staff, overall great value for money!

Was a pleasure hosting you, hope to see you again, have a great day : )

We stayed in a room at the 5th floor. And the rounded stairs were terrible. But the kitchen was very nice, the guy in the reception was very helpful and the location was ok (10min walk from a tram station). The bedroom was nice, and also the bathroom.

It was nice just more expensive for the same quality and accommodations as nearby hostels.

It was nice meeting you, hope to host you again : )

T staff was very friendly and helpful, wifi was very good. I liked the location of the hostel which is situated on the best place of taksim several meters away from istiklal street with a lot of bars, restaurants and brand shops also the tram station and metro station were pretty close. The breakfast was a real delicious turkish breakfast which was more than enough for one person I booked the hostel for 1 day but decided to stay longer because overall the impression was excellent!

• 6th Mar 2015

Nothing to complain about the location, so hide out but just a few steps away from literaly everything. Free budget Breakfast , overly helpful staff with perfect culture, nightlife event tips. Of course there were some mini problems, but took a few seconds for them to solve it. I can't complain at all

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Russia

İt was a great expeience to be in the eastwest hostel, i liked everything, especially it's location.When i go back to istanbul, i will definitely stay there again

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Small place without much of a common area. If you're looking for a comfortable place to stay in a good location but not spend too much time in the hostel, this is it. Very clean beds and rooms, friendly staff, simple breakfast, and good location. Showers were a little weird and the wifi was very slow during waking hours, but what hostel actually has good wifi?

Thanks, Eastwest I pased wery nice holiday Thanks, evrybady

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Ukraine

Very nice place clean stuff close to metro station and grand bazar also very nice and kind workers ı will come again and will stay here again for sure thanks

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Really comfortable hostel, like a hotel and price's really cheap for this comfort. I love it! I wanna see again.

Good location and nice hostel. Had fun

The female staff were fantastic and very helpful during my stay. Breakfast was standard Turkish fare and nice to have some protein. There isn't much of a common area so very difficult to meet people. Also, they REALLY REALLY need to put a sign up outside. It's not cool having to walk around a dark side-alley at night searching for this place. When i asked for help at a nearby cafe the response I got was, "Sure, I'll tell you where it is, but only if I can be your boyfriend while you stay there."

I've been there for couple days, we had a problem first day with the hot water, then they solved it. There's some noise problems at the weekend nights because of the other places around, it can be annoying. But I liked the place, cheap and nice.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Wonderful location in Beyoglu - very close to the main road without the constant bustling! Very nice breakfasts, helpful staff and great rooms. The shower was exquisite :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7