Easy Go Hostel Reviews

2 minutes from centre of town, Vang Vieng, Laos

Awesome hostel! Only planned on staying here 3 nights, ended up staying 8! So easy to meet other travelers, owners are all incredibly friendly and helpful! Would stay again!

• 19th Jan 2015

loved the hot showers. staff is very friendly and helpful. let me stay as long as I wanted even when I told them that morning that I wanted to stay another night. close to food and tubing and the nightlife without being right in the middle of it.

• 19th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Easy Go. The dorms are comfortable with bathroom to be shared between 6 to 8 people. Security-wise, lockers are too small for the average backpack and dorms are never really locked. The hostel is not right in the centre of town, which was great for me as I was looking for somewhere quiet to stay. Overall, excellent value.

Do not stay in this hole. Once we crossed the dodgy bamboo ladder bridge we got to our "hut" which had absolutely no space to put your stuff, doors that don't open or close properly and drag on the ground when you try - waking everyone up, holes in the walls and the mosquito nets. Only stayed one of our three booked nights and found plenty more options actually closer to where everything is only 5000 kip more (eg Vieng vilay). Staff werent helpful and obviously used to unhappy customers.

Great showers, so cheap, beds aren't the comfiest, but really enjoyed my stay.

Good place, 4 min walk from most of the bar scene which is a good thing when you eventually want to sleep. Basic but you get a good nights sleep under a mosquito net. Hot shower with good power. Lockers for a mid size backpack. The staff are a family & very friendly & always around. Best thing is they book tickets for you at a cheap price & twice this has happened when the minivan picks you up first so you get a good seat

it was awesome!!!!

• 5th Jan 2015

Nice hostel, great people and free coffee. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Basic. Cheap. Easy to find. Good location at the quieter side Nice view from deck but don't see the river. Bamboo hut traditional house with mosquito net. They give you an extra blanket. Can get other places but will pay much more

The hostel has a great atmosphere, its a good place to meet other travellers and the location is good, just 5 minutes walk from all the bars but far enough away to be away to be quiet at night. Common room has a nice view of the mountains.The staff are very nice and helpful - Thanks Pa and Khanh!

I was just going to stay 2 nights, but I ended up staying 7. The town is awesome and I met so many great people through Easy Go. The staff are so friendly and are always there for a chat, they even upgraded my room to a double with a balcony and brilliant view. I would recommend to everyone to meet travellers and build friendships. I cant wait to come back to Vang Vieng. Best place in Asia so far!

Great hostel with great view! The atmosphere is great! Really nice to meet other people! And the staff is alao lovely! Regarding security, that is an issue, you cant lock your rooms, but you have lockers where you can store your values. The sad thing is that people that are robed, they are robed by others backpackers... And thats shamefull. And its not the hostel's fault. Really recomend it!

Great value for money hostel in vang vieng! Met some great people and it's definitely the place to stay if you are looking to socialise. About a 5 minute walk from the tubing shops 😃.

Decent hostel in a good location. The staff are really nice and try to learn your names. Very helpful on booking onward travel. Only bad thing was their was only 1 working plus socket in the room for 6 people.

Nobody knew why they stayed here for more than one night, other than it was a great atmosphere! Lone travellers will enjoy although it's very very dirty! Cold showers but the lady who runs it is hilarious. Also smelt .... But you'll meet lots of people. I had a great time but you'll want a nice hotel once you leave for a proper clean

I chose Easy Go Hostel, because I stayed in Spicy Backpackers in Pai and knew about Spicy Thai and Easy Go in Luang Prabang. This was the worst of all of them. It was dirty, the beds were dirty and the wifi wasn't working. Of course, you can't expect a lot for the money. When I moved to another place in Vang Vieng, my friends in Easy Go got bedbugs. So I wouldn't recommend to stay there. Also, the hostel is hard to find. Locals don't even know the place and it's a little bit far from the bars.

Great place with stunning views!

Your staying in what is essentially a bamboo stilt house open to the elements... If you are ok with that as I was its a really nice place and quite a change from what you usually get. Beautiful views lots of common areas would stay again.

Easy go guesthouse is quite close to the bus station. It takes about 8-10k kip from the station to the guesthouse by tuk tuk. We booked a dorm for 3pax. The room was quite ok with bamboo design but there had no locks with keys (someone can easily open the door when you're outside). You can use lockers with your own locks and keys. So, remember to bring your own locks. Nice staffs and warm atmosphere. I think they should clean spider webs on the ceiling and toilets.

As everyone else has said, you get what you pay for! For about £2 a night we had two double beds each which weren't the comfiest we've had but were absolutely fine and the hostel was really cute and friendly! Close to centre and tubing places and would definitely recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3