Easy Go Hostel Reviews

2 minutes from centre of town, Vang Vieng, Laos

There are two buildings. The side we were in was horrendous. Incredibly dirty. The bathroom looks like it's never been cleaned. It's smells of ammonia and damp which instantly hits you when you walk into the room. There's also no lock on the door. When taking a shower the drain is a little blocked so the water rises back up. For the price I was expecting it to be bad but a simple clean of the toilets isn't too much to ask in any hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Easygo is such a wonderful place to stay, so chill and friendly. It is like a little paradise in Vang Vieng. The staff is very nice and it's really about having a nice stay instead of ripping you of.

Staff are all brilliant, had such a great time staying so I stayed for even longer, would definitely come back!

• 20th Apr 2015

This hostel is great to sleep in. If your after fancy add ons and a great communal area this place isn't for you. The dorm rooms don't have locks on but there are lockers in the main area. In walking distance to the main town. Our shower flooded sometimes and the rooms were rarely cleAned. However I would stay here again as all I did there was sleep! So for value of money it's brilliant.

Nice hostel, friendly staff and good atmosphere! Beds were comfortable. You have to walk few minutes to the city centre but it's quite so better to sleep at night. Bathroom in our room was not very clean but in the common area there are better ones. Planned only 2 nights but stayed 6 because I loved vang vieng!

Utterly stupendous! Never have I stayed in such an establishment! The plumbing is omnipotent, I thoroughly enjoyed swimming to the lavatory each morning, ever so refreshing. And, paradoxically, the arbritrary deprivation of that luxury we know as water served to remind oneself of its quite wonderful qualities, brilliant! As i am sure all will agree, Easygo hostel is Vang Vieng's premier establishment, far surpassing its rivals, the majority of which one must consider fit only for peasants! Ha!

• 19th Mar 2015

Easy Go is an awesome spot to chill out and enjoy beautiful Vang Vieng. The staff is extremely friendly and always able answer any question you may have about the town or day activities in the surrounding area. I stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm which was quite clean and the bed was very comfortable. They have 24/7 video surveillance of the entire area so your important items will be safe. I enjoyed staying here so much that I ended up staying for over a week. Overall great place

• 19th Mar 2015

This place is disgusting. It smells bad, te toilets don't always work, the showers don't have running water most of the day. The staff were useless and didn't seem to care at all about your experience. The desk is often run by a ten year old girl (she's not bad, but a hostel should have a capable adult there to help you out). I would never stay here again.

• 19th Mar 2015

Really bad wifi connection, shower ran out of water multiple times, no aircon and there was no lock on the door of the room. On the bright side: it was really cheap!

Very helpful staff and a great atmosphere. Easy to meet people too

Wifi was very bad in the room, not clean, couldnt lock the room, which was right off the road and not behind a rception that could provide at least some security. Only 2 plugs in the entire room, certainly not enough for 6 people.

So dirty, the common area smelled awful. The bathroom was moldy. The staff did not clean well at all. There are only one outlet in the whole room. The wifi doesn't work in the room. The doors have no lock, so anyone can walk in at any time. This hostel really ruined my experience in vang vieng. Probably the dirtiest hostel I have been to so far in 4 months of traveling.

Amazing atmosphere. Brilliant staff who speak very good English and are really relatable. The girls on reception are great!

Nice hostel, very rustic bamboo building which feel very authentic. They have had some problems with burglaries recently but the staff are trying their best to remedy it and the police seem to have caught the guy. Staff are helpful, the place could be a bit cleaner but it's very cheap so no complaints here

Best hostel to stay at in Vang Vieng! Such a chill atmosphere. The sandwiches made by the staff are so tasty. And there's a cute bubbly little girl who runs the place called "Money". Watch out for her she's so funny.

• 30th Jan 2015

super cool staff, great value and location.

I really enjoyed it here, the atmosphere was really easy going, I was able to meet lots of different people and ended up tubing with them, I also stayed longer than I anticipated because I liked the atmosphere so much. The beds are rock hard even for Asia standards so prepare. While I was there a guy had his bag rummaged through in his room and his phone stolen, yet they took this very seriously and had the police involved and were trying to resolve it. Really good value for money - affordable.

I wouldn't stay in this hostel. The people were really nice, but the beds were really terrible. I usually like hard beds, but this was too much for me! The plugs weren't really working either. If you want a comfortable sleep, then do not stay in this hostel. Atmosphere is good though.

I loved this place. The staff there were really nice and helpful. There were no locks on any of the rooms but they had more than enough lockers to secure any valuables. The location is a couple of min walk from the direct centre of town but that made sleeping easier if you didn't't want be out all night. Overall it was a fantastic place to stay on my short trip to Vang Vieng and I'd love to go back one day and stay here again.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Awesome hostel! Only planned on staying here 3 nights, ended up staying 8! So easy to meet other travelers, owners are all incredibly friendly and helpful! Would stay again!

• 19th Jan 2015