Easy Go Hostel

Very Good 603 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
18th Sep 2017
7.7

A nice hostel with a great view of the mountains. Rooms get incredibly hot in the day (the fan blew hot air round the room) but luckily cools down at night. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are tidy. Dogs tend to bark at night, but I consider it extra security. Staff are friendly, although the Lao/Thai staff may not seem it, I think it's just a language barrier.

21st Aug 2017

I only had the chance to stay a night at this hostel but I absolutely loved the atmosphere and appearance of the place. If I ever return to the town, I will most certainly stay in this hostel (hopefully for a while)

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

I had the most amazing time at Easy Go. It felt like home for the two weeks I was there. I was only supposed to stay 4 days! My favourite hostel ever. The staff were incredibly friendly, and we had a good laugh. And every person who came through was happy, social and friendly, what a great atmosphere. The dogs and the cats are so cute, and especially Lily, who gives the best cuddles. I can hardly fault it. Huw you are amazing, don't let that big up your ego. If in Vang Vieng, STAY HERE!

• sofinite
  • Netherlands, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2017

Loved this place! Felt a bit like home for the 2 nights I was there. The staff & the pets were just absolutely wonderful!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave a review! It was great having you here as well! shame you couldn't stay longer! Safe travels!

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2017
2.9

The room was so dark and messy which was beyond imagination. Compared to the comments on the site I was very surprise when I reached there...ended up changing to another hostel due to the poor condition

Hi there Thanks for taking the time to leave a review which is surprising which you didn't take the time to do anything else (including telling the staff you were leaving) We wondered why we didn't see you in our group activities. Shame you didn't mention anything to us as we have saved your bed for you and the only way we knew you had left was upon seeing this review. This is a shame as we have been fully booked by people enjoying their stay at Easy Go and your bed could of been used by someone who actually spoke to us asking to stay here and wanted to enjoy what we have going on here. It would be helpful to look at the sort of place you are booking and actually read the description of the room. You booked a 10 bed dorm, which at the time was fully booked meaning there was 9 other backpackers in there with 9 other peoples worth of belongings. The rooms and common areas are clean multiple times a day to clear rubbish etc the only things in the room would of been other backpackers stuff which obviously we do not move or touch. Lockers are provided for people to keep their valuables locked up but by Hostels very nature people live and sleep there meaning their belongings will be about. Seeing as you checked in after dark and apparently was too dark to see anything (even though there are lights in the room) and only apparently stayed 10 minutes I'm very surprised you were able to view how our other facilities were only worth a 2 star review? Seeing as I remember checking you in myself and gave you a big friendly welcome and a free welcome drink and gave you information about the local area and tried to get you involved in our hostel tubing trip the next day and tried to make you feel welcome I fail to see how that was deserved. We may be the cheapest place in town but we have a lot to offer both in facilities (warm and cold showers, free tea and coffee, cheap bar, gorgeous mountain view, cats and dogs to play with and a PS4 with 4 controllers and lots of games to play together as well as a bus ticket service I fail to see what was missing? Its a shame you didn't mention this to us as we could of organized a free lift to a 5 star hotel so your needs could of been met. Hostels are cheap places to met people and enjoy the surrounding areas with new friends. Perhaps best to think what you actually want from where you choose to stay and book accordingly and talk to people who are on hand to help so they can do that instead of hiding behind a keyboard, costing people money and stopping other guests who did want to stay from doing so whilst leaving scathing untrue reviews. It a shame you didn't come tubing with us the next day as we had such a laugh as a group but you probably wouldn't of enjoyed it anyways seeing as we got home in the dark and everyone was messy. Guest review 2/10 stars based on running away without checking out despite warm welcome and attacking business online without at least speaking to someone first. Safe Travels :)

16th Jul 2017

This hostel is amazing! It's definitely one of my favorites in south east Asia! The staff is awesome,(especially Huw, Mel, and Jack) you couldn't ask for any more friendly, helpful, and fun people to be working there. Everyone is so genuine that you feel welcome stepping into the hostel. They take everyone tubing down the river, their common area is super social but it's also quiet at night so there's no problems with getting to sleep. Definitely recommend this hostel!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! You are the sort of guest that makes Easy Go the special social place it is! Everyone here loved having you and you were an active part of all the activities we arranged. Was lovely meeting you and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels! hopefully we will see you back at Easy go at some point!

• England, Couple, 18-24
14th Jun 2017
6.9

We stayed in a private room which wasn't part of the hostel. The staff were really helpful and always wanting us to join them for a drink. The room itself was very basic but that's what your paying for. The A/C didn't work and the bed was very squeaky. However it is cheap so can't complain too much.

Hi Guys Thanks for leaving a review! We enjoyed drinking with you! The room you stayed in doesn't actually have Air con and was never advertised as such. Glad you were relaxed enough to get jiggy with it and make the bed squeak though :) safe travels!

• England, Female, 18-24
24th May 2017

The rooms were clean and there are lockers down in reception free to use (bring your own padlock). Some of the staff were incredibly kind, with one member of staff arranging for the manager to come and pick me up from a bar one night when Vang Vieng nightlife got the better of me. Very thankful for that! For us, the location was a real downside. It's just a short walk to get to some restaurants etc but to get to other hostels and the places that most backpackers hang out was quite a long walk.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave a review! Was nice having you here! No worries, I was happy to come pick you up! We want to make sure that our guests are safe and happy both in the hostel and around town and will do what we can do make sure that's the case! We are based on one side of town overlooking the river and the mountains which means we are slightly out of the main strip, which means that even though we do like to party our guests are also able to enjoy a good nights sleep :). We are within 3 minutes walking distance from most of the other hostels and the main street. We do also have maps at the front desk and local information to help people find their way around. Glad you enjoyed your stay and safe travels!

24th May 2017
7.1

Was told this was an amazing hostel by a fellow traveler however I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom in my 4 bed en suite, the atmosphere was more chill while I was looking more for mingle and go out scene therefore spending my time at the real downtown backpackers 2 with people I had met at previous destination. Also, breakfast was *. The menu made it sound delicious but it was cooked half heartedly by western staff. Great view of mountains but a bit out of way of bars.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2017

Loved it. Perfect location. Toilette could be cleaner. But perfect though

Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave a review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and our mountain view location! We do clean the toilets throughout the day but sometimes in high use will be cleaner than others but thanks for the feedback!

×