Easy Go Hostel Reviews

2 minutes from centre of town, Vang Vieng, Laos

It is true that it had been raining for a couple of days, but this is no excuse for not giving you clean sheets and pillow (these were dirty and smelly), they didn't give me a towel either.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at Easy Go. I assure you we wash all linens between each guest, but because we air dry sometimes these bedclothes can absorb the odur of the atmosphere in whatever condition that might be, unfortunately. This is more pronouced on wet or rainy days because linens that usually dry quickly have to be left out longer and have more opportunity to absorb the odur of the air. We do everything we can with the resources at our disposal, but it's always a tight balancing act between offering low prices and also the best budget hostel experience we can in Vang Vieng. Towels are always availible for free at our front desk if you haven't brought your own. Again, we appologise for your bad experience and we wish you well in your future travels.

Cobwebs everywhere, dirty bathroom and broken pipes. No lock on the door, no lockers, so anyone could wander in!

The hostel is in a great location and has great views however the toilets and showers were in need of a clean, they were pretty gross and also my bed had bed bugs so I had to move once I saw them at 11pm at night. The staff were often lying behind the desk and I couldn't find anyone when I needed to move beds.

Really good hostel good atmosphere good location and comfortable beds 😀

• 21st Jan 2016

It's okay for tubing because it's a short walk but there isn't much atmosphere here. The hostel is split in two and the staff are hard to get the attention of.

Perfectly located at the very tip of Vang Vieng, away from the main drag. We booked a private double room which was good value for money and had a balcony with a beautiful view of the sun setting. The facilities are nice but basic, slightly lacking a bit of atmosphere. Nice chill area with views of the river. Staff were very friendly and helpful when booking tours. Wifi was extremely temperamental, typical of Laos in all honesty. In terms of value for money, you can't go wrong with this choice!

Great location. The breakfast was NOT included, even if it says so in Hostelworld's app/website about this hostel. Good to be able to book bus trips from the hostel. The tea was horrible. The staff friendly and good in English, the lockers/safety boxes and toilet/shower room was downstairs unfortunately

Although I never felt unsafe leaving my bag in the room which didn't lock I would have preferred a locked room. Maybe it was just good luck that no-one took anything. The hostel was good value for money it was £3 a night & there were only 4 in the room in total. The wifi didn't reach the rooms so I had to sit at the side of the road to get signal & it was a bit out of the way from the main bit (10 minute walk) but we didn't mind that. There wasn't really a communal area to meet people either

Excellent value for money, we stayed in the house part of the hostel. We were in a 4 bed dorm but had it too ourselves for two nights. No wifi in our room. Main hostel is across the road- nice chilled out atmosphere, nice place to grab a beer and watch the sunset. Nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of the main road

Really cool hostel with a great vibe. Quick walk to the main street and the main bars, but far enough away that you can get some sleep if you need an early night. Staff, very helpful.

Nice place away from all the noise on the main strip which is only a 5 min walk away. Close to tubing, restaurants and bike hire. Staff are very friendly and eager to help. Even has a cool chill out spot with great view.

• 20th Dec 2015

Basic rooms, only 2 showers (1 cold and 1 hot) for the whole hostel, but a good location and staff very helpful, nothing to worry about with having the lockers near the entrance they are completely secure what you can fit your own padlock onto. Overall good hostel for the amount you pay

Where to start.... This hostel gives you the feeling of an unique bond, between local and tourist. I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights, and would recommend to everyone that wants a social, fun and heartwarming experience! You can go to this hostel if you want comfy beds, smiles, free coffee and tea, great showers, pool and so much more! It's a 5 minute walk from all the party, and you can't hear anything! So this hostel works great as a party hostel and getting a good nights sleep. I be back!

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Denmark

Great value hostel for the money! Staff are very friendly but the plug sockets are not very well located in the room. Would recommend staying there as the location and the price make up for it.

Great location, nice and cheap as well. Booked transport to Vientiane nice and easy. Free drink from the bar down the street was nice. No wifi in rooms, but they had a great common room. Hostel had accidentally canceled my reservation up arrival (I had canceled a different date, but they accidentally canceled the wrong one) and was put into a more expensive room. Never got my original deposit back or the difference I had to pay for the upgrade. Neither Easygo or Hostelworld has fixed this yet.

I didn't find the staff friendly and although it was cheap it certainly wasn't cheerful! Good location but poor showers and cramped dark dorm with poor security! Can't recommend this place!

TOO GOOD for the price :) Loved it. no internet in the dorms, but thats okay.

The view from the common area is stunning. The common area also has a tv with on demand movies and an amazing selection.

We really enjoyed our stay to the hostel. There was a good atmosphere, it was clean and staff were very helpful. The beds were really uncomfortable as they were so hard!

Great spot and super cheap. A bit out of the main strip but still very close to everything. Common area was quite dirty but a good crowd and the staff is nice.