Echo Beach Backpackers Reviews

Had Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

we stayed there for 3 nights. value for money! very cheap with very good breakfast, staff is very chilled. great location. you cant really swim at the beach cause the water is not so deep but atmosphere is amazing. they have also very nice bar with pool (biliard) and hammocks at the beach. they even have cinema. its also possible to rent a scooter there. defenetly recomend it!

So while I was there 2 phones were stolen among a few other items, the hostel gives us lockers but we must bring our own locks. Most of the dorms are open concept meaning anyone can walk into your dorm, so its not really their fault for the theft but I couldn't give them an excellent. Additionally if you want to go to any part of the island you need to rent a motorbike but they rent them. Also they give you free breakfast which was a plus and really nice. Overall really cheap and really chill.

Awesome vibe, beautiful location! Great place if you want to do the full moon party!! Free breakfast is fantastic and the beach itself is beautiful to watch the sunrise and sunset each day

This place is amazing. It's super social and perfect for meeting people for the full moon party. They have a bar with cheap drinks, good thai food, a pool table, right on the beach. It's quieter in the day time which was nice, you can escape the constant crazy of Haad Rin. Would definitely recommend this place.

Really good for the full moon, super chilled great food... amazing couch.

Not a bad location for any non full moon party's and only a short taxi ride from the main ferry terminal. A cheap alternative to the rest of the island and the free breakfast is really good, especially the Musli and yoghurt!! £3 a night, not sure how the do it as most charge the same without breakfast. My only complaint is the over crowding in the dorms....feels like hostel dorms from years ago where it's the normal now to have more space. Because of the overcrowding the rooms feel grubby!!

Excellent place. Lovely staff, great location (right on the beach) Awesome people hanging around, Free pool table, free breakfast, free coffee, tea and mineral water. Fantastic communal area which makes it a perfect place to chill out / nap around during the day. If I could live there I would.

• 8th Jan 2015

Very good place to go if you want to party! Location is good, free taxi to the parties, and had pre parties for every big party!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Completely unsatisfactory stay. I left after 2 nights. Room without window directly loacetd near the bar. No sleep possible until 3am. Afterwards difficult because of terrible beds. Only 1 shower for around 20 beds.

What a great hostel! I spent a couple of nights here and really enjoyed it. The staff is really friendly and helpfull. And it was great to celebrate my Birthday there. Mr. G

Quite pleasant stay. Very good breakfast! The only thing i have to complain about: you have to put your shoes outside and my one got lost. I don't know if someone has stolen or anybody of the staff put them away.... the problem was that nobody really helped me. I asked several persons of the staff but no one seemed to be interested. ..

• 5th Nov 2014

Best full moon party ever! Comfy beds and a great bar/ common area for hanging out. Plus they managed to keep the place looking pretty clean which was impressive for the full moon party craziness! The theater is a nice touch for those hangover days when you can't face the sun.

This is the best hostel ever.

• 8th Oct 2014

This was hands-down the BEST hostel I've ever stayed at! The atmosphere was SO FUN, they had a BBQ cookout every night, a private beach, staff that prepared great meals (try the red curry!), and the value for the money was unbeatable. We met the best people here and the full moon experience was so fun becuase the hostel supplied everyone with neon body paint and a pre-party with a DJ! THANK YOU Echo Beach!! We LOVED it!!

Echo beach backpackers is echt de plaats waar je moet verblijven rondom de fullmoonparty. Er wordt 2 x een pre party geheven, logeren dacht ik zon 80 andere mensen en de kans dat je veel andere leert kennen is goed aanwezig! Hostel zit direct aan het strand, heerlijk om te relaxen na een goede avond stappen. Een nederlander als bar man aanwezig, altijd makkelijk. Verder wordt de taxi naar de jungle experience op de dag ervoor geregeld en op de fullmoonparty. Tevens het ontbijt is geregeld!

• 7th Oct 2014

The staff was friendly but not always helpful. Full moon Party was completely full with packed bar with plenty of sales and they refused to break a 1,000 baht note. I had to beg other backpackers to break for me just so I could get a beer. I stayed 5 nights and after full moon everyone left the hostel was a ghost town which was fine with me it was nice to have quiet after the crazy. The location was not the best go to the north side of the island for better beaches. But for full moon did provide

I stay there for the full moon party, and it's was a really great time, good atmosphere, nice vibe,pre-drinking! Really nice place to stay!

• 5th Sep 2014