Echo Beach Backpackers Reviews

Had Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Best hostel I've stayed in!

• 15th Aug 2014

It was good. But there was no AC in my room, and the sea was really shallow. So when I wanted to die after full moon there was no where to cool down. Either sweated in my bed, or sweated on the beach! Luckily they have a cooler dark cinema room that turned into everyone's den to recover. The food that they put on around full moon was really good though. Good BBQ and recovery pasta. It was a good place to meet people, but as people were hanging all the time people weren't so lively!

This hostel has a great atmosphere if you like to party. Very noisy at all hours. If you came to the island to sightsee or get a full nights sleep i wouldnt stay here.

good hostel, the price is a little too high for fullmoon but we had a great time

Couldn't of asked for a better host or friendlier staff. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in maybe even the best 😊 thank you again to all the echo family 😘 x

• 12th May 2014
  • Wales

We really enjoyed our time here! The atmosphere was perfect, relaxed combined with the perfect party vibe. The staff really sort their guests out well when it comes to transport to/from full moon and all the other parties. The rooms were comfortable and air con was great - but not all rooms have it. The hammocks on the beach were a really nice touch! We had such a good time at Echo and would definitely go back/recommend it to anyone going to Koh Phangan

• 10th May 2014

We stayed in the hostel for going to the full moon party. We needed to stay at least 4 nights. But actually 2 night would be enough. The included breakfast was okay, but if you want a proper one, be sure you're there at 9.00. The beach in front of the hostel was bad and the water was dirty. The beds were okay and the room clean.

• 12th Apr 2014

Best hostel i have ever visited. I enjoyed it so bad. Perfect staff, nice relaxed Area, Beach view, Good Music, and the cinema is a real cinema. Unbelievable!!! I was impressed .. Good job Echo-Beach !!

• 11th Apr 2014

This hostel has a great vibe especially for the Full Moon Party. I loved the set up of the lounge area and outdoor seating area. It was a joy to take a nap on a hammock after a long night of partying. The staff is excellent and very helpful. I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of this hostel and the music suited the mood of the time of day and time of week. I would whole-heartedly recommend this hostel to anybody staying on Koh Phangan. A great place to meet people and make new friends.

• 15th Mar 2014

The staff here are lazy and dismissive if you need anything from them. Don't book any ferry tickets through them either. They screwed us when we booked our trip back to Bangkok (in order to make our flight home) with them and they made us pay in full but didnt confirm it with the booking agent until days later. We'd booked it early to be safe but by the time they let us know, all the boats out of town were full. We barely made it back in time because of their screw up.