Echo Beach Backpackers Reviews

Had Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

The cooks were amazing! Breakfast was fab! And the atmosphere was so chilled, we absolutely loved it!

The best place to stay at!! Especially during full moon. I was a solo traveler and because of the great atmosphere I felt it was easy to talk and make friends. The place is a vacation itself with all the updates to there beach. I recommend staying longer than 4 days!

• 20th Jan 2016

Great social and party hostel! Food and bar was great and staff were good fun! Way over priced though as we stayed for five days including New Years.

Half of the toilets and showers where working properly when I stayed which was extremely annoying, the staff were good to me although over booking the room I was staying in, and then I had no choice but to sleep on hammock on the beach which sounds nice until you wake up covered in bug bites, I asked something to be done about this and at the end of my stay I was refunded the two days I wasn't in my bed, WiFi doesn't work and there is no cinema room like advertised

Definitely one of my favourite places I've stayed at so far, was here for three nights over the full moon period, really friendly staff, great atmosphere- perfect set up for lounging during the day with pool table, private beach, lots of couches and two wonderful dogs, the free breakfast is also brilliant||!

• 27th Dec 2015

Incredible experience, best hostel i hve visited! Great atmosphere, oncredible parties at night time, amazing food and cheap drinks. Staff are amazing. Excellent Djs too! Will come back

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Gibraltar

We stayed at Echo Beach for Christmas full moon. It was filthy. Cockroaches constantly running about in the bathroom. The bathroom wasn't cleaned regularly enough for the amount of people staying. Our 18 bed dorm wasn't worth the sky high prices charged during peak season. The food was really good though can't fault that. I wouldn't recommend the hostel after our experience.

Great place to stay. Perfect mix between party and chill, the hostel bar is a lot of fun and the beach right outside is beautiful. 8 bed dorm was clean, comfortable and not too noisy. Hot showers were a great bonus!

Very good vibe! And center of all party in ban tai! Crazy place house dj every night! Awesome restaurant inside with good breakfast and nice diner!

Paid stupid prices due to full moon, cockroaches everywhere, staff played house music all day every day despite it being Christmas, not a very sociable hostel

I loved this hostel! The facilities include comfy seating on the beach, food 24/7, and it's on the beach. It's one of those places you can just stay all day if you want to chill out. I think it's perfect if you want to stay close to the full moon party or in general.

For the price of this hostel you can't really complain! Staff was nice, good location, nice chill out area.

Amazing! One of my favorite hostels in Thailand. Cheap, good food, on the beach, awesome atmosphere, bonfires at night and good pregames for some of the featured parties (but not every night which was good). Also in excellent proximity to different stuff. Definitely rent a motorbike near the ferry port though and use it for a couple days. Better than dealing with tuk-tuks the whole time. Will definitely come back in the future!

We really loved our time at Echo Beach. The rooms were cheap & perfect for the price. Our things always felt safe. The staff were really helpful & friendly. The common area was a great place to meet people & we came as a 2 & ended up being a big group. We rented bikes everyday from the hostel really cheap & really easy & explored the island with other people from the hostel. Free water & tea every day. They really make you feel included in the pre parties & there's a room to chill :)

Can't really fault this place, it's everything I was looking for in a hostel. Loads going on and everyone is v friendly. The staff are excellent - nothing is too much trouble. The whole place has a really laid back vibe we immediately booked in for several more nights. Great place and fantastic value.

I really enjoyed my stay there. Price and place where great just a few things missing Mas gabchos en la ducha Mantas o poder apagar el aircon Hot water in the showers Poner una manguera o algo al entrar de la playa asi no se llenan de arena lso cuartos Better wifi Son pequeños detalles que pueden ayudae 😉

perfect Location direct on the Beach with frindly staff

• 24th Nov 2015

Great beach location with hammocks. Breakfast was excellent - healthy and at great price. Free water, tea and coffee is a great incentive to stop using plastic water bottles.

Hostel is in a good location between Haad rin and Thongsala. Easy to find and it's on the main road. Staff are good and their food is cheap and tasty. My main negative about the hostel is that it's a little dirty, cockroaches were around the area for the dirty plates, and due to the amount of dogs there, likely lead to a number of bites from mites or fleas although the dogs are fun and very funny. All in all a great place to meet people and it's very good value for money.

I stayed here for full moon. Had lots of fun and there's a great atmosphere here. There's not much to do in the surrounding area. Also, the wifi didn't reach the rooms but that meant more socialising!