Echo Beach Backpackers Reviews

Had Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Stayed for one night was hoping to stay longer. Was inticed by the price and free breakfast and water etc but never used it. Guy who looked after us was nice enough however the rooms were dirty but manageable. Not much going on in the common area which is why we moved down the road. For the price there is better out there but not a total disaster you should see for yourself

Only booked this because the rest were full, If you can try other.

if your idea is to go to the full moon party, you are quite far from that place. full moon party period is a mess and it's difficult to have this hostel clean and all facilities working

Great place to chill out, would recommend to anyone that wants to party, you get free breakfast, staff give you free water refills and are very environmentally conscious. They have a pool table and a movie room. great place to stay. And at night they offer free taxis too the full moon, jungle party, waterfall party. Definitely good value

I stayed there one week and it was perfect. Nice place, nice staff, good Thai cookers, beautiful sunset right on the beach, good music/dj, etc

• 30th Mar 2015

Before staying at Echo beach I had read several reviews that made me quite nervous about the hostel. However everything exceeded my expectations and I had a really great time at Echo! Location was great in Baan tai not too far from Hat Rin but far away enough to escape some of the madness. There were plenty of showers and toilets that were cleaned everyday and restocked etc. Breakfast was included which was awesome dinner and lunch available if you needed. Great bar also! Thanks echo beach!

Really cheap if it's not full moon. Nice with the free breakfast, the women who make it are lovely, but it seems like they work extremely long hours every day all day. The wifi is almost too good, as everyone seems to be on their phone/computer all the time instead of socialising. The room was extremely hot. We had one fan, but a German guy kept turning it off. Ended up with me having an actual heatstroke. So hot. Motorcycle rental that they offer is good.

We were supposed to only stay for four nights and ended up staying eight!. Absolutely loved the place, and the staff were all so warm and welcome, I shed a tear when I had to leave. If you go before the Full Moon, there's this amazing chill vibe that cannot be matched, the food is delicious (the ladies cooking are sweet as pie,) and the bartenders are super cool people serving up the Sangsom. Definitely recommend to any cool travelers who like good vibes.

• 26th Feb 2015

we stayed there for 3 nights. value for money! very cheap with very good breakfast, staff is very chilled. great location. you cant really swim at the beach cause the water is not so deep but atmosphere is amazing. they have also very nice bar with pool (biliard) and hammocks at the beach. they even have cinema. its also possible to rent a scooter there. defenetly recomend it!

The hostel has a nice atmosphere, the breakfast is really nice and is right on the beach. The hostel in general is clean but for some reason my room were dirty during the 2 days that I stayed there; also the beds are just attached with the others, so I felt uncomfortable, but it seems to be a Thai style because I had this problem with two others hostels. The internet didn't work in my room but worked quite well in the common area.

This place has a friendly vibe with lots of little perks provided onsite ie. Tea/coffee/water anytime, beach yoga in the evening, and complimentary breakfast. Since my stay was not during the full-moon party it was fairly calm, and relaxed. the streets at night were dark and lifeless in the area the hostel was situated. Overall a great stay!

So while I was there 2 phones were stolen among a few other items, the hostel gives us lockers but we must bring our own locks. Most of the dorms are open concept meaning anyone can walk into your dorm, so its not really their fault for the theft but I couldn't give them an excellent. Additionally if you want to go to any part of the island you need to rent a motorbike but they rent them. Also they give you free breakfast which was a plus and really nice. Overall really cheap and really chill.

We had made a reservation to stay here then had to change the dates for the stay. I emailed and called and confirmed no problems in switching the dates. 2 weeks before arriving I emailed to confirm again and apparently they had forgotten to make the switch in the system. We didn't end up staying there because they had no more rooms. I'm still waiting to get my deposit back.

Awesome vibe, beautiful location! Great place if you want to do the full moon party!! Free breakfast is fantastic and the beach itself is beautiful to watch the sunrise and sunset each day

This place is amazing. It's super social and perfect for meeting people for the full moon party. They have a bar with cheap drinks, good thai food, a pool table, right on the beach. It's quieter in the day time which was nice, you can escape the constant crazy of Haad Rin. Would definitely recommend this place.

Really good for the full moon, super chilled great food... amazing couch.

Not a bad location for any non full moon party's and only a short taxi ride from the main ferry terminal. A cheap alternative to the rest of the island and the free breakfast is really good, especially the Musli and yoghurt!! £3 a night, not sure how the do it as most charge the same without breakfast. My only complaint is the over crowding in the dorms....feels like hostel dorms from years ago where it's the normal now to have more space. Because of the overcrowding the rooms feel grubby!!

Excellent place. Lovely staff, great location (right on the beach) Awesome people hanging around, Free pool table, free breakfast, free coffee, tea and mineral water. Fantastic communal area which makes it a perfect place to chill out / nap around during the day. If I could live there I would.

• 8th Jan 2015

Very good place to go if you want to party! Location is good, free taxi to the parties, and had pre parties for every big party!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Completely unsatisfactory stay. I left after 2 nights. Room without window directly loacetd near the bar. No sleep possible until 3am. Afterwards difficult because of terrible beds. Only 1 shower for around 20 beds.