Echo Beach Backpackers Reviews

Had Rin, Baan Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

This hostel has a great vibe especially for the Full Moon Party. I loved the set up of the lounge area and outdoor seating area. It was a joy to take a nap on a hammock after a long night of partying. The staff is excellent and very helpful. I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of this hostel and the music suited the mood of the time of day and time of week. I would whole-heartedly recommend this hostel to anybody staying on Koh Phangan. A great place to meet people and make new friends.

• 15th Mar 2014

The staff here are lazy and dismissive if you need anything from them. Don't book any ferry tickets through them either. They screwed us when we booked our trip back to Bangkok (in order to make our flight home) with them and they made us pay in full but didnt confirm it with the booking agent until days later. We'd booked it early to be safe but by the time they let us know, all the boats out of town were full. We barely made it back in time because of their screw up.

Best hostel in Thaïland if you are young and if you like chill out with good music.

• 17th Feb 2014

Enjoyed our stay at Echo Beach. We stayed 6 nights which was a bit too long but made the best of it. If you aren't into the party scene this probably isn't the place for you. They offered free breakfast leading up to the Full Moon and free transportation to the party the night of (about 10-15 mins by taxi). Aircon movie room was a godsend on those days where you can't shake the heat. Literally right on the beach, sometimes the water is dirty but still able to swim. We shared 10 bed dorm with fan

Had the most incredible time staying at Echo Beach Backpackers. The attitude of everyone at the hostel, staff and guests is laid back and easy to talk to. They provide everything you could need to have a great time and enjoy the island. A huge thanks to Mark, Sarah, Vincent and Ella! Will definitely be back soon!

Sarah, the woman who works there is lovely!

The hostel is not in haad rin! We were originally charged THB 2700 and then received and email to say we had to pay THB 12500 or cancel. The hostel is filthy and ran by drugged up spaced out useless staff! They took a booked and our money for a boat journey only when we arrived at the boat we were told that there was no reservation so basically they took money without making a booking! I would not stay here again! I would not recommend! The only good thing was some of the other guests were nice

It was a great place but the only thing I have to deplore is that there was no locker for backpacks, only little lockers.

Awesome experience! The atmosphere is great! It´s a little far away from city centre but the whole experience was unforgettable.

there is a bar between the house and beach, and I have to take off my shoes even in the bar. But the bar's ground is made of fragmented cement and sand and small rocks on it. I had a cut under my feet when I snorkeling on Ko Tao, so I really suffered walking on the unflattened ground that days, even having my socks on.

Love it have been twice and will be going back. Basicly got drunk every night chilled in the day and met tonnes if girls. Why stay anywhere else??

This hostel over full moon was insane! There were so any people to party and hang out with. The atmosphere is amazing in the common area. Hammocks, pool table and the staff constantly give out free shots for everyone. We had breakfast every morning for free over full moon and cheap dinner at night. The rooms themselves are not the best but if you wan to meet people, this is the place. Free taxos to full moon as well. I had a great time.

Great place to stay. Be back for sure.

Decent hostel, but with a terrible set up. Also the guy who owns it could care less about his guests and there well being. Would never give him a dime again

This is the most expensive hostel I've stayed at on this trip, but I understood that everywhere else on the island was similarly priced because of full moon! I really appreciated the meals that they offered(free breakfast!) and the taxis to events. The bunk beds were not my favourite part, in the 8 bed room they're literally right beside each other so you're practically sleeping with the people beside you. There is a curtain but I still felt a bit uncomfortable. Loved Ella! She's the best!

• 16th Nov 2013

Was there for full moon. the bunks are side by side by side, but surprisingly it didn't feel cramp nor noisy. Towel not provided, which would have been appreciated considering the $. Good place to meet and socialize. Makes a mean good savoury pie.

Quite simply the best hostel I have stayed at. It was surprising to learn it was such a new business as almost everything was done perfectly. I really felt like the owner put us the customers first and foremost, from free shots at night, free pool table, proper beds awesome friendly and helpful staff and delicious and varied meals. Such a great atmosphere and common area, full of lone travelers and the environment was warm friendly and fun! 10 out of 10 I could not recommend this place more!!

Its in the middle of nowhere. The beach is very dirty, and also the facilitis. The value you get in the fullmoon not worth what you get there.

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Israel

Really good hostel to hang out in, cool crowd of people running it. Perfect location if you don't want to be right in Had Rin