Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This was one of my favorite hostels so far on our trip. The staff were super friendly, the beds were set up in way where each person had their own cubby, the place was fairly clean, and they had a good common room. I would definitely stay here again!

• 23rd Nov 2014

Great hostel - love the idea of the pods - privacy but still social if you want :) Don't expect internet though - most of the people I spoke to struggled to get internet

The room and sleeping quarters were good and private. Bathroom was good and a nice balcony with a good view. Would stay here again.

Super clean and comfortable, best bathrooms and lovely staff. Atmosphere not great, common area small, it was difficult to meet people, but I was only there for a short time. Cheers

Great place to stay private in the pods and sociable out of the pods :) had no trouble with wifi. No trouble meeting people. The people in my dorm were great. Would stay again!

Great hostel. Central to backpacker area. Two toilets and two showers in each dorm! Rare! Only downside is cell like beds, not a open or social atmosphere. Hard beds but those are everywhere in Asia. I'd recommend.

Just a bed in a pod. Nothing going on in the hostel, social area is non existent. Good location and easy to book onward travel through the reception. So many power cuts though

Great hostel, rooms were well designed with little cubicles for each person. Staff were very helpful with booking tours. It was a bit of a walk to see the main attractions but very close for restaurants and bars.

I had stayed in their pod dorms before (which was a good experience), but this time I opted for a private room. It was a great value for the money, and I would absolutely stay here again. The only reason I rated the atmosphere as a three is because the hostel really lacks a good common area for people to congregate and meet each other. The common area is a small room with just a TV, and the TV is not very conducive to hanging out (unless you're hanging out to watch TV).

The pods were awesome. Only downfall was that there wasn't hot water and the wifi didn't work anywhere expect the lobby so we were cramped all down there trying to use it.

English speaking very friendly and helpful staff. 6-7pm one free beer per night in reception, perfect for socializing before Halloween. It included scorpion tapa as it was halloween. Nothing bad to comment :-)

Nice place, extremely clean. Great location. Looses at bit of atmosphere with the pod style beds, but you'll still meet people if you make the effort.

As others have said, the facility is not set up to encourage socializing. But the cubes/pods in the dorms are nice, and the place is definitely clean.

Thank you for your comment. The purpose of the pods is providing our guest more privacy when sharing the room with others. If our guests need a place for socializing, we have the balconies outside the dorms and the common room. In-room is for guests who need a quite place to rest or sleep. We hope you have a nice time with us. See you again :)

Very bad wifi at the dorms!

Well located hostel. Clean and tidy. Great beds with individual storage, light and plug. Free beer every day gathers the hostel together!

Staff were friendly and helpful. However, during my stay, the aircon in the room was not working.

We apologize for the inconvience it caused to you during your stay. If you informed us when you stayed here, we will fix it in a second. We hope to meet you again and we try to make your stay more comfortable.

Very central, pods were fantastic! Individual lights, power points and huge lockers. Loved it

Everything you could possibly need in a convenient location. Excellent price. Very clean.

Excellent, best backpackers i have stayed in

I hope to have a larger common area. :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3