Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I absolutely loved Eco backpackers - mainly because of the beds! I found that it felt like I had my own space and having a security box, space and plug at the end I could really keep all my stuff safe. Only downsides is the common area isn't great and it's hidden away so I didn't know about it until someone told me. I still met people in my dorm though so I guess it's just luck. I have unlimited 3G but the wifi in the dorms is non existent- free use of computers in the lobby though. Recommended.

Super clean, modern hostels. i loved the pods which give you some privacy. however, this makes it harder to get to know others.

The only thing I can fault was the beds were a bit too hard for my liking, but otherwise an excellent place to stay and would gladly return on my next visit. Staff were awesome!!!!!!

Loved Eco! Great location right in the heart of the backpacker district. Rooms have balconies with lovely views across the city. Great pod style beds with super comfy mattresses and pillows. Showers and toilets were super clean also. Would stay again for sure, excellent value for money :) x

Nice place, slow wi fi at night, in the morning it is much better. Really look out for you, my companion left her record book of all our spending of the last three months and they found it, and contacted us so she is going back to get it. Really kind.

• 7th Jan 2015

Eco Backpackers were great to stay at. Located in a great spot in the city, their staff were friendly and their facilities were clean and in working order. Their pod-style beds are great for people wanting time to themselves however they also have a common room and smoking area outside for people wanting to meet others. If I travel back to Ho Ch Minh City, I would have no hesitation booking here.

one of the cleanest hostel i have ever been. also the pod beds are great and give you a really apreciate feel of privacy on a dorm. maybe not the best social areas.but we still met some people there and went drinking to one of the many bars close to the hostel. the only real problem is the bad wifi, hope they can fix it.

Stayed in a private room on the top floor (8 floors!) Really cool view of the Saigon skyline. Nice and quiet up there. Clean room, good wifi. Friendly staff.

I was in the upper bed in the mixed room. On the slot over my bed, the reading light broken and full of dust covered on the slot. You need to improve cleanliness quickly. It is dark, it does not mean people can not see..;-) ..overall it looks great ,no complaint .

Divided bed was good but the door lock was almost broken making noisy alarm. Staff was kind

Conditioning blew just into my compartment, had to hang blanket over the entrance. Not exactly comfortable to sleep in a box, though it's a matter of taste. Reception girl was friendly and helpful. Not much of a common area, so the overall 'backpacking' spirit is almost absent. Despite high marking given I'd rather look for some other place to stay next time.

kind staff, clean room, perfect location.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Clean! And the bunkbeds are incredible! Almost like having a private room! Highly recommended this place

Perfectly located hostel to explore Ho Chi Minh. Staff were friendly and gave me a map with some good places to go. They also let me store my backpack there when I came back to HCM 3 weeks later, even though I did not stay with them that day. Located right on the main street which gives an increased feel of security. The dorms are typical of HCM, but the walls between bunk beds allow for some extra privacy and possibility of charging phones, tablets etc.

We arrived at 7am in the morning and were initially told to check in but move into the room later. Then the girl said we should check in after 1pm because that's the usual check in time. So we used the bathroom to get fresh and left ihr bags there and told here we would come back later. So we did sightseeing went for food etc. and came back at 7.30pm just to find out that our beds were given to someone else. We were told it is our fault as we arrived too late. Excuse me?! Greedy...

• 15th Dec 2014

Very clean, good location in backpacker area, lots of space. I think the pods are great! They were huge and had really nice cabinets to keep your things. Lots of floor space. TV room is nice. So-so for meeting other people. Staff isn't very helpful or knowledgable about things to do outside of the obvious tours.

very nice! slept very well in their bed (4dorm mix)

This is a nice hostel and they do pods which I prefer. The only issue was one of the beds had bed bugs but once the staff was told they change the mattress and cleaned it out speedily.

This hostel served its purpose well. Pod beds were quite comfortable, two toilets and showers in the room. Dont have much to say about it, nothing exceptional, nothing bad, except the wifi was very unreliable. Didnt work in the rooms at all as has been mentioned and half the time I could only get online through the hostels computers even though I brought my tablet downstairs.

Really ideal in centre of everything

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4