Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Stayed only 2 nights, but the place is really nice. Bathrooms are perfect as well as the location and the nice staff. Make sure to get a bottom bed as the upper beds are not good to reach (especially with s.th. in your hands). Curtains in front of the bed would be nice, too. Less because of the privacy (you get that quite well with the design), but for those who didn't like the fan blowing in their face. Otherwise no complaints. It was a short, but pleasant stay.

The workers were extremely helpful with any sort of booking and questions about the area. They were always really nice and friendly, too. Will definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in HCM.

Great hostel, but not the most social one. There aren't really any common areas. But otherwise nothing to complain about!

Had a nice stay. U have your privacy. The downside is if your bed is directly under ac...it will be cold and annoying.

This hostel is nice and quiet. There is no common room which makes meeting other travellers a bit more difficult. Other than that it is good. I'm not sure how other tour companies are, but I didn't really like their tours to the Mekong. The Cu Chi tunnels was okay ;)

I had a very short stay at Eco Backpackers. The beds were comfy and made to feel private by being in booths, which was nice although it was harder to meet other people this way. The bathroom was large and clean.

I stayed 2 night in Eco. The staff are kind and helpful. The facilities are clean. And the location is right in de tham street. Easy to find travel agency and money exchange also citi bank atm which is really hard to find in Vietnam. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Great location and staff! The free wifi though was very spotty, even on the reception level. The beds weren't that comfortable, but I really appreciate that each bed has a light and a plug

Nice hostel in district 1. The beds are so private and nice, and the bathroom is clean and good! The wifi is bad. It's only working in the common area. Otherwise I would stay here again.

Walking distance from Reunification Palace, FIne Arts Museum and Notre Dam. Near a park and loads of travel agents, places to eat, bars etc. The staff are nice, too.

The beds are a nice getaway and the staff are really lovely. clean bathrooms and cool little balcony outside the dorms. 1 minute walk to food etc and 30 mins walk to most of the things within HCMC

Great location in the heart of the backpacker area.

I absolutely loved Eco backpackers - mainly because of the beds! I found that it felt like I had my own space and having a security box, space and plug at the end I could really keep all my stuff safe. Only downsides is the common area isn't great and it's hidden away so I didn't know about it until someone told me. I still met people in my dorm though so I guess it's just luck. I have unlimited 3G but the wifi in the dorms is non existent- free use of computers in the lobby though. Recommended.

Amazing service, everything was perfect always. Such nice people, clean rooms, hot water in clean bathrooms. Perhaps the tours could be researched as I paid for a slow boat to Cambodia and it was a scam. (not Eco-hostels fault) But if Eco hostel want to be the best they should not advertise and sell this common scam to travelers.. as the slow boat does not exist.

Super clean, modern hostels. i loved the pods which give you some privacy. however, this makes it harder to get to know others.

The only thing I can fault was the beds were a bit too hard for my liking, but otherwise an excellent place to stay and would gladly return on my next visit. Staff were awesome!!!!!!

Great hostel! Good location and nice staff! So clean, comfortable bed and everything was good! i really like this hostel!

Loved Eco! Great location right in the heart of the backpacker district. Rooms have balconies with lovely views across the city. Great pod style beds with super comfy mattresses and pillows. Showers and toilets were super clean also. Would stay again for sure, excellent value for money :) x

Nice place, slow wi fi at night, in the morning it is much better. Really look out for you, my companion left her record book of all our spending of the last three months and they found it, and contacted us so she is going back to get it. Really kind.

Eco Backpackers were great to stay at. Located in a great spot in the city, their staff were friendly and their facilities were clean and in working order. Their pod-style beds are great for people wanting time to themselves however they also have a common room and smoking area outside for people wanting to meet others. If I travel back to Ho Ch Minh City, I would have no hesitation booking here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4