8.5
Fabulous 598 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 598 Total Reviews
Eco Backpackers Hostel Located at 264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh.
Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh 70000 264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1
85% 598
10.7683344 106.6935485
    Rooms available

11th Jun 2016
7.4

We loved the rooftop bar, but it wasn't the cleanest or most social hostel I've visited.

3rd Jun 2016

Pros: Very good for money. Cheapest in the best location with quite new and clean facility. Fabulous rooftop. Free tea & drink. Good privacy. Cons: They clean up the room at 8!!! *0* Very high upper bed!!! approx. 2 meters! *0* Areas for improvement: Providing shampoo & shower gel will be good.

• Belgium, Couple, 25-30
31st May 2016
7.4

Nice pods, good for privacy and grabbing some sleep. 2toilets and 2 showers for 10 people which is nice, clean as well. Small commonroom, not a lot going on there. Rooftop is unfortunately not in use, they could do a lot more with it. English of the reception is not so good. They try though. Nice location, nice price, quiet to sleep, so very good!

• Ireland, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd May 2016
8.0

Good location Friendly staff Beds are clean but the rooms are very cramped. Very little space for backpacks. The top bunk sockets were so close to the wooden edge of the wall that my phone plug would not fit into it which was very annoying. I had to do without charging my phone at night. The wifi wouldn't work for me for ages because you need to put in the password but the password page doesn't come up automatically so you need to go into the internet home page. manually.

• mcbauman
  • USA, Male, 18-24
20th May 2016

The staff was amazing! They are so friendly and helpful! This place is in a prime location so that's nice for when you want to go out. Only complaint is the beds are kind of hard.

• TheBeardedManc84
  • England, Couple, 25-30
3.4

Well 1st things 1st they advertise FREE BEER between 7pm & 8pm but when you get to the hostel you're only allowed 1 free beer!! All other hostels offer FREE BEER for an hour. Had my laundry done there and they lost my bag advised them I was not paying for the hotel till my belonging were returned to which they replied ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM! Actually it is as I gave you my belongings and they were not returned! Ended up having to pay 50% of my bill as they refused to return my passport

Dear Sir, We're sorry for this problem. We free 1 beer every night and the guest they're so happy no one complaint about that, I know there are some hostel that they free 2 beers but no hostel free beer for an hour like you said. It's 1usd/beer. The laundry service they lost your bag but we told that could you go to her house to see which one is yours because she's old women maybe she was wrong. But you always said that you're very busy everyday although we know you just were in the room and did nothing. ok, that's our mistake. We free your laundry around 4kg (~5 usd), and also free for your room as well although you stayed 4 nights (~24usd), but you want us to free for your friend who stayed with you in the dorm room, we did no mistake with your friend so why do we have to free for her? We dont charge you for all your stay and laundry almost 30 usd (do you think your bag is around that price). I know that's your mother's gift, you didn't want us to pay for a bag so why did you ask us free for your stay. You're so rude that day at reception, you loud with receptionist and your friend who cried outside because of you, everybody looked at you, and when you left they're looked like exhaled. Anyway, thank you for staying with us and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
6.3

AC is only on from 8pm - 8am. It was awful hot in HCMC when we were there. There were two fans in the 10pp dorm, one of which didn't oscillate so no circulation especially since your in a box. No one on vacation wishes to wake up by 8 am and be out for 12 hours before knowing they will have a cool place to go back to. Beds were the hardest beds I have slept on, basically a box spring with a pad on the top. Other than the location and motorbike parking I don't recommend. We left after 1st night.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th May 2016
7.7

Overall very happy except 2 of the staff members were particularly not friendly, disappointing as we are always so happy with staff usually! Comfy beds and great if you want a little privacy :)

17th May 2016
7.7

Good location, very small lobby/common area. Beds are nice with the pod style, but not a lot of room for backpacks or to get around the beds.

14th May 2016

Great hostel in the heart of the backpackers district. The staff is great, free water during check-in and 1 free beer after 7pm. While the common area is a little small, the roof deck is pretty nice to get a good skyline of the city. It's also great to meet people and hang out after the sun goes down. The facility is really nice, with private bunks and your own cubby to lock your items in. The rooms are kinda tight though, so some people with a lot of stuff might make it look messier.