Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Nice hostel in the backpackers area, perfect for a sight seeing base with the war museum being a 30 mins walk and the main bar area a 2 min walk! The buses in and out of HCMC are also a minutes walk from the hostel. Very handy! The hostel is clean, my bed could have been a bit comfier, the mattress had a big dip in it, but to be honest you get what you pay for. They had big lockers for your stuff so it feels safe and the hostel was clean! Would stay again.

Probably the best value for money hostel in Ho Chi Minh. Only downside was that the tours were 30% more expensive than the agents all around..Very clean , friendly, great location. Not loud at night. Lots of privacy even in the Dorms.Solid 9/10

• 19th Jan 2016

Close to busy tourist centre of the city. Good clean pod style beds. Two toilets and showers in 6 bed room. Clean.

A simple hostel, but well located, with comfortable beds and supportive staff. The only problem I had was with the shower of my bedroom, which was not working properly, but it was not a big deal. From the hostel you can easily walk to many of the tourist attractions in Ho Chi Minh and there are plenty of restaurants around for you to enjoy good food.

Bunks in the dorms are really nice, staff was helpfull and friendly, location is perfect as well as the atmoshere. Would stay here again!

THAT ROOFTOP!! I love it. Nothing beats going up to the roof, grab a cold beer and watch the sunset over beautiful Saigon! I had a private room - quite big, clean and with a super nice view!! The only small complaints are a/c (didn't always work) and no free breakfast :( other than that I recommend it

The roof top is amazing and you get alot of privacy due to the structure of the dorms. I also liked they have a common room even if its not so inviting.

The hostel was clean, modern, comfortable and private. The pods made my friend who had never stayed in a dorm very comfortable. The shower was the first nice hot shower we had in days because of other hostels. I highly recommend this hostel. There is a bit of a language barrier with the staff I think. Nothing big.

Just a party hostel

Everything in this hostel was very good, the beds were amazing. The only downside was the staff, they won't give you enough information, don't seem very keen to help and don't show a lot of interest on the guests. Also, you won't be able to rest in the afternoon in case you're tired, Ho Chi Minh is really hot and they won't turn the air con during the day.

I had a great experience. I was very happy with the location-the hostel isn't on pub street (which would have been chaotic), but it is a 5 minute walk away (which was just right). The dorm was clean; a nice balcony and the restrooms inside the dorm made it very convenient. The staff was polite and helpful. In fact, we had booked a taxi to the airport (for 6 am) through them and our flight got postponed. We could only inform them after 6 am and they arranged for a later time without extra charge.

10-Bed rooms are nice. Staff was helpful, but not too friendly. Nice that they have computers for guests. The mattress were just spring boxes and were really uncomfortable.

Staff came into the rooms a bit early every morning and they were pretty loud aswell. The rest was fine!

Our stay was very good, friendly staffs. There is only one thing lacking is that they dont have any shared kitchen.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Highly recommended! Everything was super nice! Definitely come back here again!

Very secure and safe hostel in the city, also a good location for people who want to get about and explore. However no atmosphere for socialising or meeting other people.

Nice hostel in a great location. My issue with the dorm room is that the A/C didn't work all that well. It blew warm air all night. I managed to get a personal single room. It was great except that the TV was broken.

If you stay here, request a bed on the bottom pod bunk beds! Far too high on top bunk that you have no space for anything. The staff were a little clueless when we needed help and I had a mouldy pillow which was quickly resolved. My first impressions of Ho Chi Minh city weren't the greatest but this hostel was average.

Nice, clean and quiet. Enjoyed my stay especially great location!

The hostel is good and really in the heart of saigon. Also its really quite and everyone gets a locker for his bags under the bed. I just dont like the price policy with all hostels in Vietnam. It's always more expensive for two to get two beds in a dorm then to get a double bedroom in another hotel where you even have breakfast included and wich is much more comfortable and offers more service!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4