Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Good hostel, helpful staff. Rooms are big with everyone in their own separate cubby, including outlets and mini lamp. Lockers and locks provided as well. Cool rooftop view of HCMC. I stayed here twice, definitely recommend.

They no longer have airport pick up. The free breakfast, beer, etc is $2 extra a night. Elevator and key cards are nice. Dorms are nice with pods and clean bathrooms. 2 showers, 2 toilets. but swinging doors on the outside are very loud and creaky each time someone is in the bathroom. they could take them down since each stall has a nice door. not ideal for solo travelers. one common room with tv but staff is usually in there. Housekeeping cleaned the bathrooms at 7am most days. FYI

Amazing showers! Nice central location, and agreeing with everyone else, the pod beds do provide great privacy. Beds a little hard, but thats a given in Asia. Would stay again :)

• 26th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Really good value for money and great location

Loved the pod type beds!

• 20th Aug 2015

While the reviews were good for this hostel, I was disappointed. I had a single room which had a bunk bed, with one of the beds not being cleaned from the previous guests. Very hard mattress, air conditioning struggled to maintain a cool room, and it was incredibly loud with construction going on nearby. That said the staff was the redeeming factor, being incredibly friendly and helpful. Overall I would not recommend staying here, not in their private rooms as the cost was not worth the value

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking your time to write us your feedback. It's much appreciated. We're so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay overall. Although we are working hard to satisfy our customers, we're still making some mistake. Our incredibly friendly and helpful staff are willing to help you 24/7. We hope to have another chance to welcome you again. Best regards, Phuong Le

Pod bunk style gives a lot of privacy in bed. Showers are really good, beds are pretty comfy. Electronic key cards so those are fun. Decently clean hostel. No real place to hang out and socialize though but there is a balcony attached if you want to chill with some of your mates.

Dear Guest, Thank you for the good review! We are really happy that you spent your time with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to write us such kind words and we wish you the best! Best regards, Phuong Le

While I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, I would not recommend it. It is in a very unsafe area in Ho Chi Minh, and I think foreigners are especially vulnerable. Also, while the hostel was clean, the room where I slept was very small and cramped.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We're in the heart of backpackers area in district 1, the center of HCMC We have perfect location, close enough to the main bars, convient stores and locations in HCMC. All guest has smart-card to get in the hostel and their each room. Besides, 24h CCTV and 24h reception will help more. So that we can provide more privacy and safety for our guest. We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again. :)

As good as always. Second time I stayed there and I have no complaints.

Dear Guest, Thank you for giving us the second chance to serve you. And we appreciate it. We are so delighted that you always enjoy your stay at Eco Hostel. We hope you can stay longer for next time. Wish you all the best. Best regards, Phuong Le

They need to fix the sewage problem in the top dorm everyday we came back the smell was unbearable. We kept telling the staff but they would just send a cleaning person instead of resolving the real problem. Also the man sleeping in the lobby would have a bad attitude when he would have to get up and unlock the door.

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review. We all appreciate this. We're sorry that you weren't enjoyed your stay overall. After receiving your review, we took immediate action. We refreshed top dorm toilet's. We contacted our sewage treament company to resolve the problem. We locked the entire room for cleaning and doing sewage treatment. Once again, we're sorry about this problem and we'll do our best to make all guest's staying enjoyable. Hope next time you can back again.

Generally an average hotel. It is fairly quiet which is good but it does lack any real atmosphere.

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Eco Hostel for your stay. We hope to have another chance to welcome you again. Best regards, The Eco's Team

Good localtion for visiting the hot spots of HCMC. Hostel was surprisingly quiet (being in a very noisy neigbourhood). Clean towels, ok beds. Nothing special but o.k. The rooftopterrace is nice.

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Eco Hostel. And we hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Kind regards, The Eco's Team

The location was perfect but we were on the first floor so it was extremely noisy, could hear the calls and conversations from the reception the whole time and people walking in and out throughout the whole night until the morning. The room was clean but the towels smelt disgusting!

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Spain

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review. We're in the heart of backpackers area. This great location can have all guest lots of convenience. The cleaness is one of ourl value that we want to make it run well at Eco Hostel. Hostel is the social area where travellers can have more chances to share their experience for travel and life. Sometimes, happiness and experience can not have been stopped. We're sorry for any inconvenience you have met. We hope you come back soon. Best regards,

nice hostel, nice staff, clean and quiet...in the hearth of hcmc the pods in the dorm are great!

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing Eco Hostel for a part of your travel. We are so happy that you love Eco Hostel. We looking forward to welcome you soon! Best regards, The Eco's Team

Nice hostel. Loved that you have privacy in your bed since they are seperated by walls! This means you dont disturb everyone else when you get home late! Booked nice 2day home stay tour to mekong and 1 day tour to cu chi tunnels. Everything was planed well - and guide was nice!

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for writing us a great review. We are happy you felt enjoyed your stay here and we wish you the best in your travels. Come back and see us again soon!! Best regards, The Eco's Team

Great location and clean facilities - staff was super helpful and friendly as well. The only thing to improve on would be a stronger aircondition and also work on the smell in the rooms (it was very stuffy). Also the fact that the bathroom is in the dorm means it's slightly noisier at night.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Austria

Dear Tereza Pusca, Thank you for choosing Eco Hostel for your staying. We are so delighted that you enjoyed Eco Hostel with great location, clean facilities, friendly and helpfull staff. We appreciate your comment about AC and deodorization. We wish you safe travels and hope to welcome you soon! Best regards, Phuong Le

Only stayed here as a stop over before flying to Hanoi early the next day, however we liked the pod bed setup with your own power point, lamp and locker.

Literally the hardest bed I've ever slept on. It felt like I was sleeping in wooden boards. The hostel want very social when we were there, but it's located in a great area so you can meet people out and about at the bars. Good A/C, large bathroom with hot water in our private room.

Though my stay did not go to plan, Eco hostel were more than accomodating. The staff gave me a couch to sleep on for a few hours, let me use the facilities, and helped me pLan my onwards journey. For the small amount of time that I was there it seemed clean, the bunks were cool little individual sections, the staff tried their best to be accomodating. Great location in Saigon!

Great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. One of the cheapest cities I've ever been to, with great food. Hostel is located in the main touristy district, so if you're into clubbing/barring, it's around the corner - I was not so much, but still met wonderful people and ate at all the hole-in-the-wall amazing food places.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5