Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Very clean, quiet, pubcrawl on friday is fun, really nice and helpful staff

Good hostel. The capsule style makes sleeping more private which is great! Plenty of secure space for your belongings although remember to bring your own padlocks. The dorm was a little noisy although this is just down to the people staying at the time. It's not a party hostel.

• 22nd Apr 2015

The beds are large and have good storage, dorms and bathrooms get cleaned every day, air con works and wifi is pretty good. Definitely a good place to stay - very comfortable and clean, and one of the cheaper options in Saigon. Would totally stay here again! Con for us was the location in the middle of the backpacker ghetto but it's not hard to walk elsewhere, so it didn't matter ultimately. Just don't eat anywhere near here; the market is 10 minutes away and has better food.

Cool bed designs, very professional management, quite good location with so many travel agencies around. I was in the upper bed and the fan blows directly so it was a bit cold with a very thin blanket. Will be even better if padlocks are given at check-in (they provide but i never remember to ask). Need hooks in the shower rooms!

Hostel is in a great location! Right in the centre of the city! First night was abit of a nightmare.. Air Con broke & leaked all in the room, all over my backpack! & the power kept tripping out every 3 mins! But staff fixed promptly. Showers were the BEST always hot and powerful and beds were Ok too, Dorms are quite small though. WIFI is Good. Booked a trip to the Cao Dai temple & Cu Chi tunnels which was great! Didn't book with the hostel though. Staff all helpful and overall had a great stay.

Pods were a really nice concept, as were the lockers, good showers. Good to be on a main road as some friends staying at a hostel round thee corner down a little side alley were mugged just trying to find their hostel!

We stayed in a double room and the facilities were fine. The bathroom wasnt the best however as the shower head sprayed directly into the wall which meant you could barely get wet. The staff were pretty unhelpful and we were quite frustred when dealing with them. We upgraded to the extras for $2 a night, but when we tried to get breakfast we were told we didnt have it. Same again when we tried for the free beers. I had to convince them to let us do it each time. They were unfriendly and unhelpfu

I loved staying here. The beds (pods) are the coolest I have stayed in. It's a good mix of sociable but not such a party that you never sleep. The staff are awesome and its a great place to base yourself in HCMC. If I ever come back I will defo be staying here.

I paid already 15% on this site, but they charhed full price. i had no time to say so i just left but felt bad.

The staff is very nice and friendly, really nice girls, the hostel is nice and clean but doesnt have much of a common area. Dont book tours with them, its way more expensive than with the agancies next door, same with bus tickets!

My friend was unfortunate enough to have her bag snatched and the staff were very efficient in helping us report it to the police! Thanks for that!

Really nice and clean dorms!

• 3rd Apr 2015

I liked it here. The novelty and privacy of the 'bed box' borm bunks was cool. I was on the top bunk which was very high but felt very secure and private. Big licker at bottom for your large backpack and small one by your head for valuables (bring your own padlock). Staff friendly, good atmosphere and people to bump into in the reception (though no big hang out area, i didn't mind this). Internet a bit hot and miss, though managed a skype call one day but not getting online another.Security keys

Great hostel! Clean, safe, friendly staff, good breakfast... Owner's a great guy and really helpful. Stayed in three other hostels in Saigon and this was the best by far.

Really nice hostel, dorms are good as you have your own little but spacious pod to sleep in.

• 29th Mar 2015

Probably the best hostel I've ever been in (not just in Vietnam). It is right in the heart of the backpacker area and you can walk to some of the main sights. Lots of restaurants and shops all around. The sleeping pods were great, the ones on the bottom especially. The top ones seemed a little hard to get up to. Each bed had TWO lockers, a big one underneath it and a small one at the head of the bed. Bathroom was nice and clean. There wasn't much socialising going on but I didn't mind that.

Loved the pod beds and the fact that there were two lockers. One small by the head of the bed and one large under the bed. The staff was very friendly, the owner even bought me my very first bahn mi! My only complaint was that in the mornings around check out there was only one person manning the desk so if u needed to book a bus or needed advice between 10-12 it took quite a long time. But great value for money. I would stay there again.

This hostel is very gooooood. location is good and value for money is good. but there have no hair dryer.

The staff were helpful. Great location. Pretty nice dorm, you have your own private corner. Common area is great, but a little bit small. And really really clean. After all, highly recommend!

Amazing location, literally a minute away from the Giant Ibis bus stop and right by loads of great bars and restaurants. The pods weren't quite as sound proof as they make out but the bathroom was really nice, modern and clean! Would highly recommend :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5