Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great location in the middle of everything, nice pod-like beds, very hard matress, quiet rooms. Great place to stay in if you need to crash - not very social.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

Your centrally located hostel with no thrills. The very poor internet connection and the lack of a welcoming sociable space are a great shame.

Great hostel in a good location. Loved the separate pods

Probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, the bunks are really private which is a great idea, it's in the middle of the backpacking area, the only downside is the wifi which you are unable to get in your rooms. The staff were great and very helpful. Would recommend for sure!

Private room was perfect with a double bed bunk bed. Staff reall helpful and right next to bus station for sinh tourist

Great pods if you want a bit more privacy than in a standard hostel, but a little less sociable because of it. Room was cleaned every day which was great. Great location in the backpacker area.

Very clean hostel. Not too sociable but great location and some cool people regardless.

Hostel has a very 'new', clean feel about it which is nice. Staff were friendly and helpful. The pods have a personal light and cupboards which is handy. Busy, touristy area with plenty of restaurants, bars and souvenir shops nearby. Free computers that you can use down near reception too!

Location is very good. And value for money is also good.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Nice place to stay in Saigon, excellent location, very comfortable beds, the pods are a good idea for privacy, also OK for your personal belongings, there's space for your stuff

Clean and friendly, I stayed in the shared dorms. Everyone has there own private cubical type thing which is really good, although means you don't really get the chance to talk to others as much. Felt safe and was provided with two cupboards to secure belongings (own lock needed but I prefer this) along with your own plug and reading light.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The dorm room was arranged in a capsule style which afforded lots of privacy, but the lounge is on the 7th floor, where no one goes, so meeting people not in your room is near impossible. I also couldn't get wifi from my bed!

Cool hostel with nice, clean rooms. Everything seems fairly new. One girl on reception didn't speak great English but was eager to help, the other was the opposite. Good location, I would stay here again and recommended it to my friends the following week.

We were lied too when sold bus tickets. We ended up taking an extra day to get to Hoi An and having to wait for a combination of 18 hours at bus stop, missing our accommodation at Hoi An. No reply from the email I sent. Very poor service.

This is a great hostel with private bunks so you get privacy for a good nights sleep but are still in a hostel. The staff are lovely and the location is great right in the backpackers area with lots of restaurants and bars around. It is 10 minutes walk from Ben Thanh market, where you can also catch the 152 bus to the airport for 5000 dong. I would be wary of using their laundry services though, a couple of my shirts ended up with holes in them, and I wasn't the only one this happened to!!!

The staff were very sweet and the location was good... that's about it. No toilet paper, not much hot water.. beds were nice and big but no sheets.

• 16th Jul 2014

Asked for a single bed, got two bunked doubles for the same price. Not bad.

Loved my stay here. Bed was private and clean and the 'pod' style made it a bit soundproof. Two showers and toilets were ideal so there was never a queue. Regular cleaning was great and ensured everything was pristine. I extended my stay as location was ideal too. The only downside was its not sociable due to the pods but it suited me fine after a hectic few weeks. Also the full day temple and tunnel tour was disappointing, so just do the half day tunnel tour its better value too.

The sleeping pods were a really great concept for adding a bit of privacy to a dorm room. The showers were great!

I got a single private room for a very reasonable rate, cheaper than all other I looked at...and after I checked in and saw the room, it could've slept at least 4! It was a bunk bed with a queen sized bed on the bottom and on the top. The room was extremely clean and although it's right on the main tourist strip where all the bars and clubs are, I couldn't hear any outside noise. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone, and I have stayed in many many hostels before.

« first « Prev 1 2 3