Eco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

264 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Excellent location, security, facilities and you get a free beer between 7-8pm. The hostel looked extremely clean but unfortunately, my friend, above me, found a :-( It was only one but there could be more where that came from - might be a good idea to fumigate, since I saw another review about bedbugs, down below. As for the atmosphere, there was none in the common area but to be fair, the hostel is located in the heart of Pham ngu lao so just venture out :) Still, highly recommended!

The power was out most of the time and they did very little to fix the situation. My sheets had hairs. The shower didn't go above ice cold

• 19th Nov 2015

Very nice clean friendly hostel, excellent rooms, with very nice showers and toilets. Location is perfect, right in the middle of the main backpackers area, close to shops for bottled water, and close to all the restaurants and bars. We loved our stay here, and were disappointed we couldn't extend it, but we left it too late, and it was full.

Staff was friendly, but not very specific with suggestions. none or very little atmosphere in the hostel. shower was not the best, but it did work. anyways cheap hostel good location

This hostel was awesome. Value for money. Really nice place to stay especially solo travelers. Clean and they got a staff to clean your room everyday. Only 2-5 minutes walk to Ben Then Market and really easy to find restaurant around here. But need to improve on wifi coverage because sometimes the connection was lost but nevertheless still can be used and if you can get wifi you can used the computer at the common area.

Stayed in a private double room and it was worth every penny. Only concern was the air con seemed unclean and we got sore throats from it. Free beer at 7pm everyday and decent social areas. Excellent location, right next to the main drinking street. Would stay again!

In a great location, close to all main attractions and lots of bars and restaurants. Hostel was very clean and dorm beds were quiet and private. Bathroom facilities were cleaned often and never had to wait for a shower or toilet. Big underbed lockers for storing luggage and valuables. Staff were very helpful behind the desk and the laundry service was great and very quick! Hostel offers tours but you can get the same tour cheaper round the corner at the travel agents. Really enjoyed my stay here

• 5th Nov 2015

Good location, great bed set-up with heaps of privacy afforded. Fantastic for fresh-off-the-plane travellers. The location is good, we were within walking distance of Ben Than markets (worth a look, don't buy anything) the art museum was very close too. There were a lot of street-food vendors close by and convenience stores. Wifi was good, the dorm fans were great and there was a balcony from which to view the street. It didn't allow for atmosphere though as the only common space was tiny.

Clean room with your own private space and two lockers (one big, one small) per person. Nice atmosphere, good crowd and right in the main area, close to attractions etc. The staff are lovely and helpful for the most part but overcharge on tours and unwilling to take any responsibility for any mistakes they make regarding same, which somewhat ruined my impression of them. Overall, tour was fine, but perhaps book at the agency they use (just around the corner) rather than through hostel.

Great hostel! In the center but still quit at night. Very modern and clean bathrooms and beds. You get two lockers, one big one for your backpack and a small one in you own bed-cubical for small stuff. If you dont have your own padlock you can rent them at the front desk! Staff spoke good English which hostel that common in Vietnam. Would stay here again

A fairly basic hostel right in the heart of Ho Chi Minh. It's located near a lot of shops and restaurants and attractions, so it's always super busy and hectic out there. They use keycards to get into the rooms as well as to use the elevator. The beds are bigger than I anticipated. I'm 6'2" and I had *plenty* of space to lay down and spread out stuff on my bed. They are all fairly private bunks as well! Very pleased about that!

Lots of bed bugs I had to leave , please change sheets after each guest in future as I could tell the sheets had not been changed. Staff struggle with understanding a lot of English accents . Air conditioning is turned off for most of the day. Hostel charges a lot of commission and didn't even select a good tour agency , bad tours . My worst hostel out of 52 countries

The beds were quite uncomfortable, but then I found most beds in Vietnam were the same! The breakfast wasn't great, you could get a better one in a cafe down the street. But the staff were really nice and the roof terrace was great (especially with the free beer).

good location jus beside futabus n sinh tourist, n very close to bui ven which comes alive at night. facilities are decent and beds are clean.

No atmosphere here other than what you make yourself in your dorms. Good location!

A perfect place if you're going to be doing a lot of touring. You can't beat the price! And the staff was beyond excellent. I left my key there when I checked out. I didn't realize it was gone until I got to Da Nang. After we left, we had a small layover in Ho Chi Minh, and they took the time to go through that heavy traffic to meet us at the airport to give us our key back! I can't express in words how thankful we were!!! Thank you Uyen!!!

Thanks for your great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always try our best to let you get the best service here. Wish you all the best of your travel. Hami

Dorm rooms were nice and spacious, clean bathrooms, balcony for every dorm and a cool rooftop! Staff was nice and a free drink every night! Would go back.

Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you again in the near future. Have a nice travel. Hami

Decent hostel with cool beds and a good location. The staff weren't very friendly though - when eating the free breakfast in the common area, we had to watch really loud Asian soaps as the staff were sat down there too. This happened pretty often and meant that the common area couldn't always be used for the guests. The roof top has an amazing view but it's a shame the hostel doesn't utilise it. Being able to buy a few drinks up there or having lighting for the evening would have been gre

Great hostel, the Japanese pod style bunks are nice and spacious. Location is great with lots of nice bars and restaurants around the area and lots of bus companies to choose your onward travel. Staff is friendly but not really helpful, found that in many places around HCMC. For bike rental look for other places around the park. One minor thing, in our room one of the shower doors couldn't be looked

This was a really nice hostel I met loads of lovely people there, the rooms were so private and cute, I willsay that the room i stayed in did have an odd smell but was fine after a while, the roof top seemed to be nice it rained whilst I was there so could check it out but good view and close to all action and by a park aswell, had a real nice time there :)

Thanks for the awesome review. We are happy that you got a good experience at our hostel. We are appriciate that you spent your time to write us the awesome review. Hope to see you in the near future and best of luck to you. Hami

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4