Eco Hostel Reviews

General Jofr� 349B, Santiago, Chile

Excellent value for money hostel 4(ish) blocks from the metro. Breakfast is good and so is the kitchen plus there are 4 areas to relax in. You have to make your own bed and the staff aren't the friendliest but I would definitely stay here again.

A nice, comfortable option, no frills. Decent lockers, reasonably comfortable dorms and a basic breakfast. Staff will help you with transport, directions and advice and English is spoken. I was disappointed because I was assured there was someone on duty at 6am when I was set to leave - there was no one to be found which led to some confusion with my transportation, but I eventually made it.

1) Can't tell from the outside of the hostel. Should make it more obvious... 2) Accept credit card payment

Good location within 10 mins walk of nice parks and retail therapy !, restriction on breakfast allowance which is a fair call. Internet can be very slow with multiple users. Outside alcohol is tolerated. Very comfy bunks, would stay again

Great hostel in a good location, friendly & helpful staff. Pretty old and rundown building. Good kitchen facilities and lounge/open spaces. Bad smell from toilet in my private room

Good hostel. Nice communal outside areas. Great to see someone in South America trying to raise environmental standards with some recycling, though slightly ironic that all the travellers here have taken a long haul flight to get here! More a chill out hostel than a party hostel.

Great hostel in a great location. Decent breakfast - toast, coffee/tea, fruit, biscuits. I felt so comfortable here I stayed another night and would gladly stay there again if I was back in Santiago.

Hostel is in a nice neighborhood. Walkable to Lastarria and Bella vista. 5 blocks from train station. You can walk to the centro area, about 20 minute walk. Hostel has a nice atmosphere. Place is well kept. Showers are small. Problem with hot and cold water mixing when you turn on the shower. I wish they fix this issue as I felt like I was struggling to get the right temperature. It's great to have a nice shower without trying too hard you know. I love the hostel though. Breakfast is reasonable.

very clean, vers good showers, big and comfortable bunk beds

This is an average hostel- OK for a couple of nights stay. Staff are friendly and the kitchen was well-equipped. The computer was a bit slow and there was only one, which was frequently in use.When we were there the hostel was very busy and there was only one functioning hot shower on our floor.

i ve just stayed one night. I choose the hostel for the concept and because of the nice reviews. Just 4 blocks from the metro station, breakfast was ok and nice dorm with big bed! Receptionists were friendly and nice... is a quiet hostel, so if u are looking for party this is not the right one...

Great hostel. Relaxed, laid back atmosphere and great staff to help you get around the city. Nice common areas to meet fellow travelers too. If you're arriving in Santiago after a long flight or bus journey this is the perfect place to recover before exploring the city.

Was greeted by friendly staff. Service was great and facilities were always clean. Great and fun hostel. Little difficult to find but it was very comfortable.

• 16th Aug 2014