Eco Hostel Reviews

General Jofr� 349B, Santiago, Chile

Eco Hostel was great. I loved the initiatives they took to take care of the environment. The atmosphere was welcoming, with the staff being super helpful and all the guests being comfortable.

• 6th Jan 2016

It is very well located, generally peaceful, bathrooms are cleaned daily, showers work properly most of the times (if not, they are fixed shortly) breakfast is very decent (variety of cereals,jams). The matresses arent the best, but my overall review is very positive. I stayed there for 20 nights

• 4th Jan 2016

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The rooms are great, and the staff is excellent. I'll be back!

Amazing hostel with good people, I recommend! My only advice is about the wifi, It could be better.

An excellent Hostel for the amount paid, especially for a private room. The hostel is very relaxed and chilled and the staff friendly and professional. The breakfast is also good.

Rude and apathetic staff was the worst part. Seemed like we were inconvenience. We arrived at night and had to walk past a drug addiction shelter from the metro - stared down -bad location at night. Also the dorms are only separated from common areas by windows so the noise levels are quite loud. Front door is secure but anyone can walk into your dorm. Good hot showers and really clean washrooms. Good breakfast. Overall strange vibe for a hostel - weirdest hostel "etiquette" I have ever seen.

Pretty hostel with different "eco" stuff like recycling and "Save electricity!" posters. Kitchen is ok, they have everything to cook. Free breakfast is very nice! Staff is speaking english well. But the room was incredibly cold, with only one small window to the inner yard and even the sun cannot make it warmer. Also, the water in the toilets was cold too.

Really liked this hostel. Not only it was a lot cheaper than others but it was very well located and the facilities were simple but efficient. Staff were incredibly helpful. Would definitely go back!!!

Shower in this hostel supplies plenty of hot water, very good for cold season. But the room was too cold(no A/C facility)

The staff was very nice and helpful! The Bathroom smelled and had no light and only one was working, the others were out of order.

Great hostel for the price. A little out of the centre but still only a 15-20 minute walk. Great wifi in the communal area but a little weak in the dorms. Well-equipped kitchen and very clean bathrooms. Very friendly staff.

DO NOT BOOK TOURS THROUGH THIS HOSTEL. Our tour was cancelled twice (and we only found out the night before the tour, so we were unable to plan anything else), and we ended up not going on any tour at all. We ended up not seeing anything outside of Santiago even though we were there for close to a week. I can't even start to describe how extremely disappointed we were. Furthermore they didn't clean our dorm the whole time we stayed.

• 30th Aug 2015