Eco Hostel Reviews

General Jofr� 349B, Santiago, Chile

i ve just stayed one night. I choose the hostel for the concept and because of the nice reviews. Just 4 blocks from the metro station, breakfast was ok and nice dorm with big bed! Receptionists were friendly and nice... is a quiet hostel, so if u are looking for party this is not the right one...

Great hostel. Relaxed, laid back atmosphere and great staff to help you get around the city. Nice common areas to meet fellow travelers too. If you're arriving in Santiago after a long flight or bus journey this is the perfect place to recover before exploring the city.

Was greeted by friendly staff. Service was great and facilities were always clean. Great and fun hostel. Little difficult to find but it was very comfortable.

• 16th Aug 2014

The best hostel I stayed in during my month of travelling, without a doubt. All the staff spoke multiple languages and were so helpful. They said breakfast finished at 10:30 bit if you were still there chatting with residents and eating they left you to it. The hostel felt like my home, I came and went as I pleased, but they were always around to ask if I'd enjoyed the tour, kitchen and cooking facilities felt like I had my own kitchen, the rooms were so comfortable and clean and safe.

Old building with high roof so it is cold in winter. This is common in Santiago. Rooms are warm at night and heater by reception and tv lounge. Lovely staff and had a really nice BBQ one night.

Nice hostel. Good breakfast and location. Not the most comfortable bed but would recommend.

I strongly recommend this hostel, staff very friendly and informative, good location great BBQs

A good hostel in a lovely old building with lots of character. The communal areas are nice, TV area, upstairs sitting area, dining area, kitchen and patio. The bedroom was really big with a huge bed and a little balcony. The bathrooms were clean. The breakfast was decent too. It's a little more expensive and the location is a 10mins walk from the metro stop at Uni Catolica (easy access to the centre), but it's a decent area and not too far from Bellavista, Santa Lucia hill, with shops & bars.

Very helpful and friendly staff. I have an excellent experience during my stay. I would like stay there one more time if I go to Santiago next time.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Eco Hostel. The location is pretty central and I ended up not taking any public transport in Santiago at all (besides the funicular up the huge San Cristobal hill!). Dorm rooms aren't too cramped and there are plenty of communal spaces for meeting people, plus a full kitchen if you want to save money by cooking yourself. The breakfast was pretty decent and the staff are friendly and helpful. This hostel is a bargain and I would definitely stay there again.

It is more distant from the metro station than we expect by looking at the map, at least, when you have a big bag with you. But once inside, you can feel the good vibe.