Eco Hostel Reviews

General Jofr� 349B, Santiago, Chile

The best hostel I stayed in during my month of travelling, without a doubt. All the staff spoke multiple languages and were so helpful. They said breakfast finished at 10:30 bit if you were still there chatting with residents and eating they left you to it. The hostel felt like my home, I came and went as I pleased, but they were always around to ask if I'd enjoyed the tour, kitchen and cooking facilities felt like I had my own kitchen, the rooms were so comfortable and clean and safe.

Old building with high roof so it is cold in winter. This is common in Santiago. Rooms are warm at night and heater by reception and tv lounge. Lovely staff and had a really nice BBQ one night.

Nice hostel. Good breakfast and location. Not the most comfortable bed but would recommend.

I strongly recommend this hostel, staff very friendly and informative, good location great BBQs

A good hostel in a lovely old building with lots of character. The communal areas are nice, TV area, upstairs sitting area, dining area, kitchen and patio. The bedroom was really big with a huge bed and a little balcony. The bathrooms were clean. The breakfast was decent too. It's a little more expensive and the location is a 10mins walk from the metro stop at Uni Catolica (easy access to the centre), but it's a decent area and not too far from Bellavista, Santa Lucia hill, with shops & bars.

Very helpful and friendly staff. I have an excellent experience during my stay. I would like stay there one more time if I go to Santiago next time.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Eco Hostel. The location is pretty central and I ended up not taking any public transport in Santiago at all (besides the funicular up the huge San Cristobal hill!). Dorm rooms aren't too cramped and there are plenty of communal spaces for meeting people, plus a full kitchen if you want to save money by cooking yourself. The breakfast was pretty decent and the staff are friendly and helpful. This hostel is a bargain and I would definitely stay there again.

It is more distant from the metro station than we expect by looking at the map, at least, when you have a big bag with you. But once inside, you can feel the good vibe.

Great staff, awesome layout, convenient location and decent breakfasts. Great value for money and a nice place to stay.

Eco Hostel was a nice environmentally conscience place that recycles everything except people. The staff was friendly and helpful with finding places and riding the bus/subway system. Good breakfasts of fruit, toast, cookies, and coffee/tea. Good security, close to the metro, banks, laundry, supermarkets, restaurants, pubs, but $5000 pesos taxi ride from the bus terminal. But if you want you can take the metro red line #1 and get off at the Universidad Catolica Station then take a short taxi rid

Excellent as usual

We ordered a Taxi that should bring us to the bus terminal and when we got in, we wondered why the driver did not put the taxameter on and he told us, that he has a deal with the hostel with fixed prices and 1000 CLP would go to the hostel just for calling this taxi. It was twice the usual price. You could have called a taxi from any other place and it would have cost half of this price so ask for an independent taxi driver or call one by yourself. we felt very deceived.

got a bed for 5000 clp a night very good value for money tho its a bit far from metro but was good for one night stay

Peaceful, laid back hostel with friendly staff and nice areas in which to relax and socialise. Good breakfast, good WiFi that reaches most areas, always clean and a well equipped kitchen.

I stayed here for the first time six years ago and it was great returning there this year. It is very spacious, very clean, well managed, has a chilled and peaceful vibe with a great kitchen, lovely outdoor areas for chilling and a hammock too! The staff were all very helpful and kind. It is a great spot to share travel stories with interesting people of all ages. It is near the centre, but on a peaceful street without bar noise. It is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Cheers!