Eco Pampa Hostel Reviews

Guatemala 4778, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Eco Pampa Hostel was a great place to stay. The facilities are clean and location is great, only blocks away from bars, stores, and restaurants. Only downside, getting hot water in the shower was a hit or miss...sometimes it worked, sometimes i didnt :/

It is located in a really nice area called Palermo with great food and nightlife. Would not recommend this place for single travellers or if you want to party as it's very hard to meet people as the hostel did not organise or promote anything. Being in the best nightlife area they did not organise anything for even a Friday and Saturday night,. The staff were nice but not very helpful as they gave us poor information which led us to closed or booked out activities which was frustrating.

Great place, great location.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Really enjoyed my stay in eco pampa, great vibe from moment I walked in, staff very friendly in a genuine way. Lobby area very hip and cool more like a boutique hotel than hostel. Great roof garden also and easy to meet people.

Eco Pampa is in a very good location in the Palermo neighborhood. Clean, good security into the building, nice common area to meet other travelers and large TV projection. The only things that could be improved are that there is very little hot water in the shower (probably because alot of people are using the water in the morning) and the lockers in the dorms need to be fixed so more of them can actually lock and you can keep your stuff secure. Overall I would stay here again.

• 16th Jun 2014

Great time at the hostel, the staff is friendly and the location is conveniently near Plaza Italia subte stop. Would come back for sure.

Great experience and guidance from the staff, really good prices, nice atmosphere and many other things. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of 'bidet'. I highly recommend it.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Eco Pampa is in a very good location in Palermo, very easy to walk to good bars, restaurants, and the underground at Plaza Italia. The hostel itself is very cool, has a great lounge downstairs with comfortable places to chill out, chat to people, watch the big TVs. The rooms were very clean, and the showers very good with hot water. Breakfasts were excellent and the best I have had throughout my travels. Would stay there again.

Really secure hostel located in Palermo Soho. Cool staff. Not too much atmosphere when I was there..low season maybe?? But the worst was that I never had any hot water in my "ensuite" bathroom, which then had a broken toilet and we had to use one on another floor and I asked if I could be charged the price for a non-ensuite bathroom and was told "you can have 2 coffees at breakfast instead"??? My bed sheets had holes in them and the kitchen does not have a curfew so it is noisy at night.

Very chilled out atmosphere, was dead quiet but that is to be expected in Palermo. Staff were friendly with a good breakfast. Having a seperate bathroom for each dorm was annoying

The location in Palermo is excellent. The staf is helpfull and the Breakfast more than good.

Excellent hostel, really nice vibe, great communal area, nice breakfast, great staff, safe location. The only criticisms I have are that it is a bit pricey and the kitchen has very little utensils. All in all I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel to others.

great hostel with everything you need: very friendly and helpful staff, clean bathrooms, good breakfast, great location and a lot of others travallers to meet in the lively common room. one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in.

Great location with friendly staff. Common room is amazing and the rooms are clean.

Friendly staff, ideal spot in Palermo

Great hostel in a really good location. The managers are really friendly and will help you with anything you need. A great place in BA to stay! Only negative thing is the kitchen is very small (located under a stairwell) and no pans have handles, no utensils etc. I burnt myself a number of times trying to take pots off the stove as there is not even a tea towel in there. So as long as you don't mind the average kitchen, its a good place!

8-bed dorm was a bit tight. Good breakfast and luggage storage. Toilet was dirty and wasn't cleaned until the next morning, despite me asking. Good atmosphere. Would probably stay here again.

Great location, clean, safe, Eco conscious (rare in South America for now), really cool "living" room. Good hot showers and wifi even in the rooms. All is great in this hostel, but what goes above and beyond expectations is the staff. They all rock; it's the hostel I got the most smiles, help, advise, tips, laughs... That makes for a great ambiance. Highly recommended place for Buenos Aeres.

Some good things about the hostel: its location in Palermo; staff are friendly and helpful; free kitchen and wifi; large communal areas for meeting people; decent breakfast. Some bad things: not sure whether it was deliberate but on three occasions the staff tried to give me less money than I was due when exchanging US dollars for pesos; the bathrooms don't lock and their floors were constantly wet; dorm rooms are cramped; noisy early morning building work. Would I stay there again? Probably.

Eco Pampa feels like a real home for 6 days! I really enjoyed the time, the friendly people I met ( backpackers and staff ) and the good location. I would say that the Eco Pampa is the best hostel I've visited so far. The place to be in Buenos Aires!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels