Eco Resort Chiang Mai Reviews

109 Bumrungrad Road, Tombon Watkate, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

We had a great stay, the breakfast was good and everywhere was really clean. Lots of bugs so don't forget your repellant. Great value for money and would stay again.

• 29th Mar 2014

Can not say enough good things about this place, loved it! It was my favourite place to stay overall. Its more of a luxury hotel than a hostel, and so cheap! Although the location is not great, there is a tut tut always just around the corner, and they know the great clubbing spots ;) The resort itself is well kept, the grounds are gorgeous filled with plants and trees. The pool was great, the restaurant too. The staff were lovely and went out of the way to help my friend with her bites

I've stayed in Eco resort before and liked it. I wasn't pleased at all this time.. I had to share mixed bathroom, that was dirty and no toilet paper, either. After one night they asked me to check out and change the room into very noisy section. I had to look after my luggage for two hours in afternoon, or leave them unguarded in the lobby. It didn't help either that on the morning that I was leaving they had stripped my bed of bedlinen already at 9am. I thought I could stay until 12 o'clock.

The room I was assigned for the door could be opened with a slight force without using the room key. For 499 Baht I have to share a shower with everyone in the floor. The showers were horrible; they required major repair or replacement of the shower heads. Thin walls. They requested me to move out of the room into someone's else room because there were a couple that I need to accomodate for. I paid 499 Baht to be treated horrible. Internet connection was intermittent and unreliable.

Great place for the cost. Its the result of if a hostel had a baby with a resort.