Eco Wave Lodge Reviews

11 Gladioli Way, Kommetjie, Cape Town, South Africa

We spent a week here. The kitchen was fantastic and spacious. The rooms are small, but the common areas are so comfortable that you don't really end up spending much time in the room at all. The neighborhood is really cute too - you're just two blocks from the beach and a 2-3 little restaurants. You're a 45 minute drive from downtown Capetown and there is no public transportation so I wouldn't stay here if you don't have a rental car, but if you want some relaxation this place is perfect.

The hostel was stunning and had a great atmosphere. Can't wait to go back one day!

• 10th Mar 2013

Stylish backpacker in the beautiful, laid back surfer village of Kommetjie. The german owner Katrin is always helpful to make the stay as comfortable as can be. Location is approx 250m from the beach in a silent, safe backroad. During my 10 days stay there was nothing to complain about.

• 20th Jan 2013

The host was so helpfull and made things easy and even let me use a double when I had just booked a single. The beaches around the location and the views are to die for. Had a hire car so was fine regards getting around. Can see why the rating score is so high.

Beautyful! The house is very confortable, the girl who manage it is very nice and ready to help you! If you are by car you can use this hostel as point to have a very nice trip around. It's colse to Cape Point, Simontown and it's like one hour and a half from Hermanus. Let try this backpacker to visit the west side of South Africa!

• 8th Aug 2012

The place doesn't come off as very organized and it's a little dirty. The vibe is very relaxed though and if you like that kind of thing it's decent value for your money.

• 25th Apr 2012
  • Sweden

Lovely place,close to the sea.Nice personell-friendly.Definitely recommendable if you like to accomodate off city centre.

The hostel is beautiful and Kathrin, the owner, charming and helpful. Unfortunately we shared our bed with unwanted friends and have a pretty bad itch (no bedbugs!). But we would come back...

• 12th Mar 2012

Best hostel i've ever stayed in. The staff is extremely helpful, the house is really nice and it's located in a peaceful neighbourhood near the beach. I really enjoyed my stay and hope that I can return some day!

This hostel was a very peaceful and nice place to stay. Very close to the sea with an amazing view. The staff is very polite and helpful. They help you with every querie. It was a wonderful time there and I would love to go there again.

• 24th Feb 2012

The Eco Wave Lodge is a wonderful place to stay in Cape Town! Kommetjie is a safe area where you can relax and enjoy your holidays, the beach is only a 5 minute walk away. It takes 45 minutes by car to the center of Cape Town, so you need definetly a car. On the other side it is a good starting point to visit sightseeings like Cape of good Hope, Boulders Beach,... We would definetly come back! Nice and clean rooms, huge kitchen,... it could not be better!

Helpful staff, great location just 100m from beach. Easy town. Recommended for people that want to visit Cape Town and Cape Park from a quiet and relaxed area.

Very nice and safe place, nice rooms and bathrooms, well equipped kitchen, cheap wifi and laundry. Great location for car travellers as it is right between Cape Town and Cape Point.

Loved it! It was nicely furnished, and very clean. So near to Simon's Town, Boulder's Beach and of course Cape of Good Hope. The kitchen and the bathrooms were exceptionally cool. I would just like to suggest that it would be good if there was guest parking indoors.The owner/staff were so laid back and friendly and left us to do our own thing. It really felt like a home.

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful, peaceful stay at Eco Wave Lodge - followed by a surf at the nearby beach - Thank you Team Eco!

This is the most beautiful hostel I've stayed at! The atmosphere is great and relaxed, perfect for winding down. It's located in one of the most beautiful parts of SA.. I recommend a car for exploring, but I will definitely go there again!

just excellent !!!!! magnificent kitchen and space

Great staff, clean, and quiet. Beautiful beaches with a very short walk.

• 23rd Nov 2011
  • Female

I had a fantastic time at the Eco Wave Lodge. The house has a true beach atmosphere, most only because it is so bright and mordern, but as well because it is so close to the beach. I could actually hear the ocean from my room (i stayed in room 3). The house represents as well a perfect home base to explore Cape Town: the Cape of Good Hope, Chapmans's Peak Drive, Boulders Beach (Penguins), Kalk Bay, Muizenberg, beautiful hiking-trails (silvermine) and the Winelands are just around the corner and

• 21st Oct 2011

"The Eco Wave Lodge" is by far the best backpackers in south africa that I have been to during my holidays. the house is very modern, stylish and clean. service is absolutely great as well. the beach is truly just a few metres away from the house and the views are incredible!!

• 21st Oct 2011