Ecohostel Andromeda Reviews

Bargiekaai 35, Gent, Belgium

Very nice hostel. On a boat, which is very interesting, close to the city center and has a thought for the environment at every point in the place.

My boyfriend and i really enjoyed our stay at ecohostel andromeda. We were given lots of information, the room was lovely with a huuuge bed, and the boat itself was beautiful! They really do make as big an effort to be as self sustaining as possible. I particularly liked the reed bed filter system! If i am ever back in gent i will definitely be staying there! Thanks :)

• 25th Aug 2014

Nice location, atmosphere and staf. Definitely a recommendation. I was kinda hoping we would drift away during the night and wake up somewhere else though.

The site was a little out of town but it was fun and relaxing to be staying on the water. Very quiet and without a kitchen (get a kettle!) but overall a very cool place. Suited us as we already knew Ghent a little - not the best for meeting people. Very comfortable, clean and interesting boat!

• 4th Aug 2014

It's a barge. The whole hostel is on a barge. There's even that maritime-y boat scent. All the rooms are built in the cargo hold, and each room has several portholes. Even if I lived in Ghent, I would pay to sleep on the barge once in a while, because it's a barge. Also, free breakfast (breads & spreads, coffee/tea). Breakfast on a barge. Showers are large and hot, showering on a barge was fun. The barge is fixed to the shore, so don't worry about sea sickness, landlubbers.

• 29th Jul 2014

Located on a canal boat, this hostel was really quirky, beautifully decorated and maintained. I was only staying for one night which was a shame because it was a great place and would have liked to stay longer in Ghent at this hostel.

How great to find such a place in such a location, owned and run by people who actually built the dream themselves with a floating echo hostel. . I will certainly be telling all my boating and travelling friends about this place and will certainly return on my next trip through the Low Countries. . John

Great place to stay. How fun to stay on a boat. Staff are lovely and facilities are good. Definitely recommend.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Really cool hostel. Would have been perfect if it hadn't been so quiet. Would definitely recommend!

I loved that hostel was eco-friendly while still being fully-furnished and with a healthy (organic & fair-trade) breakfast! One of my favourite hostel experiences! I would rebook in a heartbeat.

This was one of the best hostel I ever been. The staff is really nice. I really like all the environmental attention. It suit my values, but even for people who's little less in engaged in the « environment action» it a place to go. It's comfy, the shower are perfect, the breakfast good.... And plus, it's on a boat!

Awesome hostel, very unique. Didn't really interact much with staff, but the place was clean and comfortable. Lovely deck to hang out on in nice weather.

One of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. A very chill atmosphere, clean, quirky, and the staff were lovely. As a solo traveller, it was social but without being a 'party hostel,' which is what I was looking for. The breakfast was great as well. I will definitely stay here again if I get a chance to come back to Ghent!

Its amazing that the hostel is in a boat.

A great hostel! It's a boat, and it gives you little eco-tips throughout. The staff was friendly, and there was coffee with breakfast.

We had great time there. A very good adress, to recommand !

We had a lovely time at this hostel. It is incredibly clean, and staying on a boat (especially an Ecofriendly one) was a really great experience. We would definitely recommend and stay again.

Off the beaten path but a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Quiet and incredibly comfortable.i was so happy here and i didn't really want to leave. Great place to stay for a little break while traveling but close enough to still do things in the city.

Wow!! Amazing unique hostel. Very clean, great common areas, perfect for meeting people, very relaxed and cool owners that are great to just sit and chat to about anything and everything. Thanks for a fantastic stay!!!

The location is a little out of the way, but still near the center and the center train station. But wow, awesome hostel! Very unique, very clean, and an awesome staff. If you want a place to relax and have a good sleep, this is the place.