Ecohostel Andromeda Reviews

Bargiekaai 35, Gent, Belgium

Ecohostel is the one of the best hostel! :) Everything was OK- Location, atmosphere, room... Owners were very kind and helpful. They don´t have problem to help you when you need it. They do great work:). This hostel is verbatim ECO. Every piece of accommodation is nature friendly. If I go to Ghent again, I will make reservation there.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • hviola17721
  • Slovakia

My only negative thoughts are that I'm not sure how I feel about duvets being used for shared beds where travelers could be bringing anything in, and while the showers are nice and hot, I could figure out how to make them less hot!! However, I would stay again in a heartbeat. Beautiful barge, great idea to be eco-friendly, friendly and interesting staff, very nice breakfast, and great location just minutes away from the city center on a lovely canal. Thanks for the great stay!

really good stay! next time we will come here again :)

• 29th Dec 2015

We had some problems with the security. 2 guys (maybe from outside the hostel) went inside my room and went through my stuff during the night. I was afraid that they noticed I was awake and did something to me, so I pretended I was sleeping.

We are really suprised to read your review, for several reasons. First of all if there's any issues you can always talk to the staff (we regret you didn't mention any of this to us). Second, you slept in a dorm, it's normal other people come and go in your room; we have a high security key system, so nobody from outside your room can enter your room without a key. So it's highly unlikely it was somebody from outside the hostel. Third, your room was fully booked that night, and you were the only ones having any issue... Probably you had some tipsy roommates, maybe mistaking your bag for theirs, or just roaming around drunk! We really regret you seemed to have a bad experience, and we do apologize for this, but we wish you had come to us instead of writing this review... Anyway, we hope you still enjoyed the city and your stay, and you keep enjoying your travels!

Ecohostel was a lovely place to stay in. We stayed there for one night and the experience was simple great. We arrived late and the owner had to be away on Christmas eve. But she made sure the got the key to our room on time. Also, the place has got a great ambiance.

Super hostel, being a hostel manager myself in the centre of Amsterdam: this hostel is what a hostel should be an example of a great hostel!!! All the best!!

• 23rd Dec 2015

The hostel is amazing and the organic thing being done there is refreshing. The lady working there is the sweetest human.

So quirky being on a boat. Very clean and great breakfast. Great rooms. Wish we could of stayed longer.

Eco hostel was great!! The owners were very nice and very accommodating!! So fun staying on a boat in the canal!!! Thanks for a great stay:)

Loved the concept for the hotel. Owners made sure I had everything I needed.

All round excellent hostel, great location, great staff I had a great time 😀

Ecohostel is by far the best hostel I've stayed at. Although it is a little further from the city centre, it's not a big deal as it's a straight forward walk (past the best frites). Breakfast was delicious, beds were comfy and clean, very chill vibe. It was fun just to hang out there. I mean, it's on a canal boat- what's not to love? You also feel like you're doing something good for the environment staying there. Great Hostel, would definitely recommend.