Ecohostel Andromeda Reviews

Bargiekaai 35, Gent, Belgium

Fantastic hostel, really interesting place to stay at being on a boat. The breakfast is fantastic and all organic, and the hostel owners are very friendly and welcoming Wifi connection is good. It's a little walk out of the historic centre, but would highly recommend staying at this hostel

Definitely suggest this place. just amazing and a breath of fresh air from other hostels i've been staying at. Very clean and cozy and even a cat and dog hanging around.

• 8th Apr 2014

This is such a cool hostel to stay in. When I imagine staying on a boat I had no idea it would be so comfortable and spacious. The ecohostel has lots of character and everything has been thought out really well. I wish I could stay at this hostel in every city I visit!

Lovely place to stay, love all the decor, the living area is really funky with lots of vintage things and interesting books. There is a nice place to sit out on the deck in the sun and a nice selection of drinks in the fridge at reasonable prices. Very nice waking up on the water and very friendly and helpful staff. The city of Gent is also beautiful. It is a very short walk out of the town centre, but we didn't mind the walk at all.

• 6th Mar 2014

Probably the most awesome hostel we have stayed at :) Very clean, modern and really cool furnishing. You can't tell youre on a boat but there are views of the water from the portholes. The rooms were really clean and well presented. Wifi only worked in the common room which was a nice place to hang out :) Breakfast was pretty good too! Owners of the hostel very friendly and cool. Would definitely recommend!

This was a really nice hostel, very clean and comfortable. Within walking distance from main attraction and nice novelty being on a boat.

A very special hostel for floating on the river. There is one locker for every customer. Wifi is week in the room.

Cosy and unique place to stay with lights for each bed. Highly recommended.

Wifi didn't work in my room but did work from across the river (?!). Not the best atmosphere, barely saw anyone there. I asked to leave luggage and was told to leave it in common room/kitchen because staff had things to do off boat later in the day and might not be there when I returned. Staff always seemed busy with their own duties so felt uncomfortable to ask for advice about Ghent. But in the end hostel is a boat which is interesting and cool so worth the stay for that alone.

Well, sometimes we do have to do things off the boat! But that's why you could keep your key, so you could come back at any time you wanted... We don't see the issue with that! And we don't bite if you have questions about anything, but you have to ask them! And yes, we are busy doing lots of things to assure the quality of the hostel. We care about our hostel, and we regret you seem to dislike our efforts. Sorry you were dissapointed with us, but we do wish you happy travels!

Ship ahoy! It was very cool!

What a wonderful, comfortable hostel! The breakfast was simple but delicious, the common room was cosy, the games collection was so much fun, the bathrooms were impeccable, and the beds were so comfy! Would definitely stay here again.

great hostel, one of the best stays so far in 6 mths. beds were very comfortable, staff friendly, very clean bathrooms and showers. has a chilled out vibe.

Such a cool hostel! This hostel is in a beautiful boat just north of the city and walking distance to the sights. It is very well designed and decorated so you do not feel cramped at all. Beautiful and clean rooms and showers. There are takeaway shops and small markets close by and the hostel has some drinks for purchase. One of the coolest hostels I have stayed it!

Pretty cool hostel! On a boat, but its not cramped and theres no seasickness! Good vibes, eco-friendly, cosy.

Very nice place to stay. 15 minutes walk from the centre of Gent. Great showers, bathrooms, good beds. Also, I found the best beer I've had in a while (Lousberg) in the hostels fridge! :)

• 20th Oct 2013

Stayed here for one night, location is good, was easier enough to fine, the rooms were clean, comfy beds. Showers are push showers but were warm, common room is a bit small but cozy, free wifi only in common room, free organic breakfast. Staff were friendly. Not much atmosphere but maybe because of the time of year we went.

The Ecohostel Andromeda is amazing. The location on the barge is so cool. It is walking distance from the downtown, historic area of Ghent. There is a tram stop nearby that is easy to hop on, too. The beds are so comfy and the staff is really, really nice. I love that they are trying to be green by recycling water and using showers that use less. The staff recommended museums for us to visit, places to eat, and the best pubs. I highly, highly recommend!

• 16th Oct 2013

Excellent atmosphere, a great alternative for "normal" hostels. Calm, compact, very clean and ecologically sustainable. Has some very original and cool solutions. Definitely recommend!

• 14th Oct 2013
  • Finland

Great hostel! Very nice atmosphere, nice and clean rooms, helpful staff and it's cool to stay on a boat. A good breakfast was also included. And the hostel is not too far from the city center. I had a great time and will definitely stay there again if I come back to Gent!

One of the best, most unique hostels I've stayed at! Amazing atmosphere, really relaxed, brilliantly homey and down-to-earth experience!