Ecohostel Andromeda Reviews

Bargiekaai 35, Gent, Belgium

Lovely hostel and great spirit and philosophy behind it. The facilities were exceptional and way better than any other hostel on land I've ever visited! It was also surprisingly (and pleasantly) warm in the room, considering we were in a boat. It's basically like being in a shared house rather than a hostel :)

Ecohostel Andromeda was definitely one of the highlights of my Belgian route trip. Great idea, great location, this place is not only rocking, it's also floating :) Internet connection was not working during my stay but hey, let's be honest. Who needs to online all the time. Anyway, owner are working on it.

very nice boat, enjoied a lot my stay nice breakfast

Stinky duvet, no WIFI (even though they said they provide wifi), unkind staff.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

luckily it's always staff that's unkind, never ever the guests arriving! I would say happy travels, but probably they are not so happy by the look of it... anyhow try to enjoy!

The barge feels like home. Lots of personal touches,feels warm and cosy. Can only host about 18 people. Dont be put off by distance from the centre,its only 15 minutes walk. It is serviced by a nearby tram.

• 19th Nov 2014

The idea is fantastic! The Eco friendly nature of the place is brilliant, love the recycling concept, really hygienic conditions to live in, great way to meet people, friendly staff, so hospitable, will recommend to anyone travelling to Ghent!

• 15th Nov 2014

Very cool and unique experience! Small hostel that provides everything that you need when visiting Ghent. A little out of town, but takes about 15-20 min to walk.

Thought I had booked all female dorm but ended up with two men in the room. No issues though. Owner lovely people we met were friendly. Boat is so sweet and k would recommend a stay there. Easy to get into the main area just a short walk and Ghent is a fabulous place to visit. Thanks x

• 30th Oct 2014

We only have mixed dorms, sorry that wasn't clear when you made the reservation! We hope to see you back in the future though!! Enjoy your travels...

This was my favorite hostel on my 1 month trip. It is quirky and taken care of with love. Clean rooms n bathroom, hot showers and the comfiest bed. If you stay in gent this is the place to stay

What a joy to stumble across this hostel. An ECO hostelboat. Situated about 10/15 mins walk from central Ghent. Run by a lovely hippy couple who were happy to answer questions about the Ecoboat and Ghent. The boat was tidy and well kept, had all the requirements of a "traditional" hostel, without the rowdiness. I loved it. The only downside was the wifi didn't seem to reach the very last dorm room (our one), but apart from that, it was almost perfect. Highly, Highly recommended.

Very nice hostel. On a boat, which is very interesting, close to the city center and has a thought for the environment at every point in the place.

My boyfriend and i really enjoyed our stay at ecohostel andromeda. We were given lots of information, the room was lovely with a huuuge bed, and the boat itself was beautiful! They really do make as big an effort to be as self sustaining as possible. I particularly liked the reed bed filter system! If i am ever back in gent i will definitely be staying there! Thanks :)

• 25th Aug 2014

Nice location, atmosphere and staf. Definitely a recommendation. I was kinda hoping we would drift away during the night and wake up somewhere else though.

The site was a little out of town but it was fun and relaxing to be staying on the water. Very quiet and without a kitchen (get a kettle!) but overall a very cool place. Suited us as we already knew Ghent a little - not the best for meeting people. Very comfortable, clean and interesting boat!

• 4th Aug 2014

It's a barge. The whole hostel is on a barge. There's even that maritime-y boat scent. All the rooms are built in the cargo hold, and each room has several portholes. Even if I lived in Ghent, I would pay to sleep on the barge once in a while, because it's a barge. Also, free breakfast (breads & spreads, coffee/tea). Breakfast on a barge. Showers are large and hot, showering on a barge was fun. The barge is fixed to the shore, so don't worry about sea sickness, landlubbers.

• 29th Jul 2014

Located on a canal boat, this hostel was really quirky, beautifully decorated and maintained. I was only staying for one night which was a shame because it was a great place and would have liked to stay longer in Ghent at this hostel.

How great to find such a place in such a location, owned and run by people who actually built the dream themselves with a floating echo hostel. . I will certainly be telling all my boating and travelling friends about this place and will certainly return on my next trip through the Low Countries. . John

Great place to stay. How fun to stay on a boat. Staff are lovely and facilities are good. Definitely recommend.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Really cool hostel. Would have been perfect if it hadn't been so quiet. Would definitely recommend!

I loved that hostel was eco-friendly while still being fully-furnished and with a healthy (organic & fair-trade) breakfast! One of my favourite hostel experiences! I would rebook in a heartbeat.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7