Ecohotel Nagoya Reviews

Tsubaki-Cho Nakamura-Ku, Nagoya, Japan

The hotel was really good, my only problem was that if I remember well, I booked a non-smoking single room. But it was a smoking room (ashtray on table), and I could feel the smell of smoke, which I really hate.

Very convenient location and a very friendly staff. Small rooms but clean, nice to have your own air conditioning unit in every room. Shower facilities well maintained and clean.

• 5th Aug 2014

A perfect place to crash. Small room but clean and comfy.

Room was very very small. The double decker bed reached the ceiling where i bumped my head several times when i sat up in bed. The room was so small that as soon as i put the ladder up for the top bunk and place two luggages in, there was no space to move around. Other than that, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean. It's a place you'll go just to sleep and nothing more.

A convenient place to stay if you will be using the metro or JR as the station is across the street from the hotel. Small rooms, but if you are simply requiring a place to sleep its a good spot!

This is not a hostel! It is a hotel right next to the main station. It is easy to reach, especially if you plan some day trips from Nagoya! If you are a couple or a group, the hotel is a good choice. But if you are alone, it is hard to get to know people since there is no kittchen or common room.

Great location and friendly staff at check in. But weirdly spend ¥200 using the dryer i.e. 2hours but cloths weren't dry. Perhaps I did not press the correct button, perhaps suggesting to put up a picture poster on how to use the dryer would be an advantage.

When we checked in the staff did not mention that the showers were closed after 9am so we missed the shower time the next morning. However, when we told the cleaning staff about it they were very helpful and arranged for us to have a shower as soon as possible that morning after the showers had been cleaned. A room on the same floor as us had a very loud party one night which kept us awake and when asked they would not be quiet. There was no one on the front desk to help at that time (3am).

I loved this hostel. It had a great location and a great price, but it was also very clean and comfortable. The staff here will do anything to help you out. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Nagoya.

There were only 2 washing machines and 1 dryer. It took me a long time waiting for my turn to do my laundry. There were 3 drinking water heaters on my floor, but no cup. How am i supposed to make a cup of coffee or tea without the cup? carrying a cup of my own is troublesome.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

If you want a cheap place to stay without being in a dorm this is a great choice. The rooms are tiny, yes, but they have TV, wifi, a refrigerator, and a bed, so you should be set for most of your needs. There are sinks in the hall which was odd, and the showers were all in the basement, but there were several and they were clean and worked well. Definitely a cramped building, but overall it was good.

Once in every trip you wish you had book a different hotel : this is the one. Beside having absolutely filthy floor carpet from the entrance corridor until inside your room this hotel has for sweet welcoming habit to ask you to pay the full rate and not the balance by ignoring the booking fee you already paid (part is for the room fee). The receptionist doesn't speak English but can say: "pay full room fee or go away!" ...and scam you with no smile. Just avoid this place, it's pointless going.

Ecohotel Nagoya, wonderful!