Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Awesome place that surprised our group on how friendly and welcoming your hostel was. Everything was great.

An overall good place! I enjoyed the atmosphere and the commons room area. The bathrooms were clean & no stains on my bed sheets which is definitely a plus! I would go again. :)

I had a great stay. The hostel is very open and Chris was particularly welcoming. I stayed in a room without bunk beds, which I really enjoyed. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen was nice, the decorations were cute. A very honey atmosphere. If I find my way back to Amsterdam I will certainly return here. This hostel is a little pricey compared to others I have stayed at, but it seems like Amsterdam hostels just cost more--and this one is worth the money.

• 17th Jul 2015

Loved it! Super staff, awsome interior And design, And super Nice, chill atmosphere! Deffinately recommend!

Reasonably close to downtown, quiet vibe - amazing design and decor/space. Hired bikes and had a great day

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Perfect stay in the best city I've ever visited!!

Really lovely hostel, staff all very friendly. Great dinner cooked by Chris for only €3.50! Homely atmosphere with big kitchen and really comfy beds. Would definitely stay here again.

• 14th Jul 2015

Great location! 15 to 20 min walk from most popular sites. Chris was very helpful!

• 10th Jul 2015

Great hostel with plenty of group activities which makes it really easy to meet other travelers. The location was good with everything being walking distance or a short tram ride away. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Will definitely be back to stay again!! 😊

• 9th Jul 2015

Fabulous hostel! Great crew working there all super fun and smart. Love the setup of the hostel. Very social and big kitchen to cook and chill with others. Loved it and wished I could have stayed more nights!

Loved staying here! Perfect location, super helpful staff, and lots of fun events and friendly people. The kitchen is great!

Interesting to have a room without windows. It wasn't very well ventilated and wasn't ideal having to sleep with a fan going constantly. Also, having the door open right into the main lounge area was a little inconvenient.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Lovely place to stay.

Ecomama is such a nice place to stay in Amsterdam and I've been hopping around this trip and seen quite a few places. Ross, the guy at the reception, went the extra mile to make everyone feel at home and cared for. I loved it!

• 6th Jul 2015

Everyone was so nice and accommodating, the bed was very comfortable, the common spaces were amazing, the bikes were amazing, location amazing, overall such a great experience!

• 5th Jul 2015

The whole space is designed very thoughtfully. And the staff are very warm and helpful; they are happy to offer some advice about the best places to get macaroons or pancakes. Also, we didn't get a chance to attend any of the hostel's events, but they look like a good value and lots of fun! The canal view in my cabin was nice as well.

Best hostel ever

This is a really lovely hostel, really great feel. However I feel like they use the fact that it looks a little bit fancier then a regular hostel as an excuse to bump up the prices quite substantially. I stayed in a private room, which was nice but missing things that I would expect of a room of that price. But that's being nitpicky. The staff are super helpful, the cafe attached is also really nice and has fresh cookies in the morning that smell amazing, and location is convenient.

This hostel was great. It had a great atmosphere and lovely staff. I would steer clear of the 2 person dorm though. They are literally small boxes or 'cabins' added into the main living area, with no natural lighting or airflow (no windows). It felt a lot like what I would imagine a prison cell to feel like. But we heard great things about the 8 person dorms, I'd have no problems staying in one of them next time!

AMAZING HOSTEL. It is a clean hostel, with a beautiful kitchen, an amazing staff, great living space, clean room, great bathrooms, and a great location. It is eco-friendly and they really do a good job at this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7