Ecomama

Superb 2140 Total Reviews
Superb 2140 Total Reviews

• Lithuania, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2017

one of the best hostel experiences I ever had! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great. Thank you so much! I'll definitely stay with you next time I'm in Amsterdam :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Apr 2017

I was very satisfied with my stay here at Ecomama. They have a beautiful kitchen and ample spaces for travelers to chill and socialize; my favorite was the little teepee and hung out there both nights I was there. Amin and Alex were so helpful and so accommodating to me and my friend. Best staff ever!! Overall very satisfied with everything and would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Amsterdam.

• Paigey1
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Apr 2017

This was the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff were great, the female dorm was great (no bunks in there), the communal area has a great atompsphere and looked cool as. Worst part was the shared bathroom which didn't bother me but might have bothered others.

18th Apr 2017

As the first hostel on my RTW trip, the hostel has set me up for everything I'll look for in future ones: great common room & kitchen, super friendly staff, small number of rooms/beds, organized tours and good vibes. While the current onsite and neighbouring construction is a pain, it should be short-lived.

• Bulgaria, Male, 25-30
7.1

There is much to improve on. Our room was at the ground floor and there were construction work going on as we came in but we haven't been informed at all. The resalt was that it was noisy and uncomfortable to go in and out. One more thing we've noticed. The lack of ventilational system. Whenever somebody was cooking the smell of fried onion spread out the hole floor. But in overall it's not a bad place to crash.

16th Apr 2017

Loud construction during visit

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Apr 2017

The best atmosphere and amazing concept for a hostel !

13th Apr 2017

Walkable location to all around Amsterdam. Friendliest staff ever, and they give you a super useful map with recommendations. The space is beautiful, stylish and comfortable, with a canal outside the window which is cool. Rooms are spacious and comfy and the bunk beds are very quiet and non-creaky which is important :) Price is high compared to hostels in general but reasonable for Amsterdam where everything is a lot. I've seen some other hostels in Amsterdam and this is the best one by far.

10th Apr 2017
7.4

I stayed at this hostel as well as the sister hostel Cocomama. Coco mama was 10 euro cheaper for a better location and experience. There was construction going on in the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchen was dirty, there wasn't really any order to the fridge like at their sister hostel. Prices were 10 euro more and the rooms weren't as nice as coco mama. I got locked out at 4am and needed to wifi I range bell no one on night staff came.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Apr 2017
7.7

Overall a great hostel. Open kitchen, cool communal areas, clean room (and no bunk beds in the all female dorm which was nice). Only one bathroom shared bathroom for the whole hostel it seemed. We were there while the café was under construction , so lots of workers in and out, and sometimes the door was propped open (not very secure). Staff were really helpful, and the red light district tour was great. Overall, we loved staying here, just felt it was a bit overpriced for what it was.