Ecomama

Superb 2005 Total Reviews
Superb 2005 Total Reviews

• Greece, Male, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

Really good atmosphere, very friendly and kind staff, clean as a hostel can be and for extra security bring a lockpad with you. I highly recommend it!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The room was great, the facilities were very clean and the staff was excellent. Upon arrival they gave me the best map full of not only the tourist attractions but also where to eat, go out, etc.The atmosphere here is laid back, and not really your typical party hotel (which I enjoyed). You can walk to the metro in 10min. They also organize nightly events whether it was pub crawls or red light distric tours. They try to make sure you enjoy your trip!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
8.0

Ecomama is a fab wee hostel in Amsterdam - it's slightly out of the city so it's away from the madness, but still easy walking distance to everywhere including the metro. The beds are comfy, I was in the 7 bed girls room and we had water pipes running across the roof of our room which could be noisy. My biggest complaint were the staff - the majority of them were incredibly rude and this didn't create the best atmosphere. I would return but for the location and tidy hostel, not for the staff.

It saddens me to hear that you didn't experience our staff to be the superstars they generally are, we generally only receive amazing feedback about our crew so this comes really as a surprise. Maybe they had an off day -- but that should indeed not be an excuse, but humans we are... In any case, thank you so much for your great feedback on the rest of your experience. Hope we'll have the pleasure to seeing you back & showing off our team. I'm sure if you'll give them a second chance, they won't disappoint. Take care.

• England, Couple, 25-30
8th Feb 2017

We stayed in the private double room. With our own bathroom and access to the shared kitchen and communal areas, it was better than staying in a hotel.

6th Feb 2017

Best atmosphere of any hostel I've ever been to, great events in the evening, and super neat social area. No lockers near beds and showers are frustrating to use.

Thanks very much for taking a moment to submit a review of your stay. Great to hear you enjoyed our evening events. Lockers are indeed not available in the El Cheapo room as that is the room-on-a-budget kind of thing. However, we do have lockers in every other room, maybe give that a try next time? Showers, yeah, haha, that are our ecological save-the-planet time stoppers. What we do to save the planet, right. ;-) In any case, we'd love to have you back anytime!

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

A good location once you find it! Really quirky place and I really enjoyed our stay!!

Awesome to hear that, thx for your review. See you soon!!

• Greece, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017
8.0

My stay was very pleasant. I had a very good sleep. There were no noises during the night and we had a private bathroom in our room! The only disadvantage is that the room was too small and inconvenient to un-/pack.

Thanks so much!! We appreciate you taking a moment to submit a review of your stay and we certainly understand your thoughts on the unpacking space (or lack thereof). We love to be creative & have a large bed instead, but totally hear you. Awesome to hear you've had a good nights sleep and your stay was pleasant. Hope to see you back soon!

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
31st Jan 2017

I couldnt find the hostel in the street because the sign is not enlightened at night. the reception is a bit far of the entrance which door was closed after 6 pm and I rang the bell but nobody opended so It is better to ring several times. If you want to open the door, you need a card which you have it after check in. the hostel is quite new. there is a kitchen where you can prepare tea for free. Also you can leave your luggage for free after check out. some showers were out of order.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
31st Jan 2017

Very cool vibe, wished I could have stayed longer. Clean and neat. Very good cafe at the front too.

Thanks for this amazing rating!! Take care and don't be a stranger.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
31st Jan 2017

I loved this place - very cool atmosphere and really unique feel, loved the teepee and swings in the common room. Also quite well located as it is a short walk from the centre of Amsterdam and very close to metro/tram stops and a supermarket.

You love our place, we love your review. See you back soon, at least, we hope so!!