Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Our stay with Eco Mama was wonderful. Definitely will stay again in the future

• 26th Aug 2015

Good location, clean rooms The only thing to improve is the front desk: too messy, had to wait half an hour until someone was available to do the check-in. Check-in time is too late: starts at 4PM, should be earlier.

• 23rd Aug 2015

This is a great hostel, and was my favorite on my recent four-city Europe trip. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable about the city, facilities are clean and high-quality, and the whole atmosphere of the place is friendly and social; it feels more like a community than a place for anonymous travelers. Would definitely recommend for solo travelers (which I was) or really anyone. The location is just a short walk from the Red Light District, and much safer and quieter than staying right there.

Excellent place and people working there! Only thing: price too high for a dorm (not only here, it´s an Amsterdam-thing really), especially for ending up in a noisy one.

Booked under 72 hours then my flight got canceled and I decided to be nice and inform I would not show up so they can make the room available for others. They charged me anyways and sold my room to others, when I tried to negotiate they asked to repay for everything again. Just a sad situation

• 19th Aug 2015

Great location. Staff very helpful and friendly. The only thing I didn't like was the coed shower and bathroom.

I really loved staying at ecomama. I could quite happily have stayed there all day but i had to go out because i was in Amsterdam! Having a cafe in the entrsnce was very helpful. The cooking facilities were excellent. My favourite things were the seings and the honesty bar as i got so thirsty as it was hot out there and i needed frequent juice top ups. The teepee was great. You can join in with conversations easily or chill on your own if you prefer. I stayed in the girlie room.

The staff is very helpful and the hostel is in a very good spot, only a 15 minute walk from the city center.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Spain

LOVED this place. Girls dorm was very fresh and girly.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Great and helpful staff! Awesome location and the hostel itself is nice, clean and super nice facilities as kitchen, big tabel, tent, etc... loved my stay there very much!

Great place and very relaxed and friendly

• 12th Aug 2015

It was clean and nice hostel with great staff but my room didn't have enough locker.

One of the nicest and friendliest hostels I've ever stayed in.

Sorry, but this was my worst stay ever. We really hated the room (Basic Twin Private). There were no windows and you are locked in a tiny wooden box. Also, your box is located _inside_ the common area / kitchen which means you fall asleep when the last partying people go to bed. Really bad. Notice they have 3 days cancellation policy. Have you seen it before? If you arrive and dislike the hostel, too bad. We ended up leaving two days early - after one night, leaving them 200$ for nothing.

The decor is amazing, staff are very friendly and the place generally has a very nice atmosphere.

Really nice hostel, very charming, we had a private room which was so pretty, but from the photos of the dorms they are lovely looking too. The community atmosphere is very strong, not for everyone, but do take it into account. Would definitely recommend it

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Wales

there was a warm atmosphere during my staying. I even extended my staying. I'll definitely stay there again.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Turkey

all in all very satisfying and comfortable, would always come back!

• 2nd Aug 2015

One of te best hostels I've said at. Clean, comfy, with a great home-like ambiance with super friendly staff. The only drawback would be the showers that are a bit cramped but honestly, this hostel is super in every other aspect. Highly recommended.

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I'm recommending this to anyone in Amsterdam

• 31st Jul 2015