Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Brilliant time staying :)

• 14th Dec 2014

Ecomama was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Everything was clean, everybody was friendly, and the layout encouraged a laid back social atmosphere. Not the cheapest hostel in town, but by amsterdam standards, well worth every cent. I hope to come back some day!

I much enjoyed my stay at Ecomama. The hostel was located in a convenient and safe area and had a great ambience. Although I was not too keen on the mixed and shared bathroom, the facilities were extremely clean and privacy was never an issue. However, I would have liked to see more locker space available (not guaranteed for each occupant), along with individual lights and power sockets for the female dorm room. Besides these minor details, I was extremely satisfied with my experience here!

Best hostel I've stayed in. Great layout and good chill out areas.

• 12th Dec 2014

Had a great stay at Ecomama. Loved the staff and vibe of the people here. The common room is great to meet others, especially when traveling alone. Also, the connection to the nice coffee house was convenient and delicious. The hostel ofte provided traditional candies, maps, suggestions, entertainment material, and more. Would definitely recommend.

This hostel has the BEST kitchen and common area ever! It is a wonderful open concept living/cooking/dining area that is beautiful and great to meet other travellers in. The teepee to lounge in is a really cool touch. The staff are also very helpful in giving tips about what to see and do.

Hipsters ... Hipsters EVERYWHERE!

I'm still at Ecomama, extended my stay by a few days, that's how wonderful this hostel is. The location is lovely, and the people here are just the same! The hostel is creative and colorful with a cute coffee shop in the front! The hostel is also right next to the waterlooplein markets, which are an awesome stop for anyone who loves vintage and secondhand shopping! I hope to stay here again soon and I haven't even left yet! Thank you Ecomama!

It was a great stay and I would definitely come back to this hostel in Amsterdam. Especially the tour with Craig was lots of fun and is recommendable.

Some of the staff members shouldn't be there, one of them seemed to be frustrated because of their incompetence and took their anger out on me. That alone made my stay unenjoyable.

The general vibe of the hostel was excellent. Being my first time in Amsterdam I wasn't sure what to expect but will definitely be going back and hopefully staying at Ecomama again. The staff were a great laugh and very helpful to us Scots who didn't have a clue what we were doing at points! Also the Tee-Pee is absolutely top notch! Cheers, guys!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was awesome. I loved the whole eco-friendly theme. The staff was great. The crowd was very hipster, yet social. We stayed in a private room and the room was very comfortable. It was a converted old storage container with everything made of recycled materials! The hostel even has bike rentals and the showers have limits. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Amsterdam who wants a unique experience outside of the red light district that's more chill and not a party hostel.

Love the hostile, it shouldn't be even called a hostile. Staff was super except for one girl who seems to be on a mission to prove she's worst than the puppies killer in 101 Dalmatians. WOULD GO AGAIN EVERYTIME IM IN AMSTERDAM.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Laos

Loved this place!! Very large common area. With great kitsch area. very friendly and kind staff. Nice location away from city center but walking distance into the action.

Love this hostel. The staff is fantastic, the kitchen is great. Everything is very clean and comfortable. I'd absolutely go back.

A little hard to find, with the name of the hostel being so small on the building.

Brand new and they've got everything a good Hostel needs..

The hostel is amazing. Well located making it easy to reach the center and red light district. In the same building of the hostel, in front of the reception there is a coffee place for breakfasts and other last minute snacks. Fun and well furnished hang out area (super modern). Super helpful staff, specially Clara. She took us to the pub crawl, help us with doubts, and made us company during drinking games night! Awesome experience.

The hostel was absolutely amazing. With a café at he front, we didn't notive it straight away but once we went in our stay was just made a million percent better! We were greeted by a member of staff at the hostel who was friendly, informative and really helpful. We were able to keep our bags there before check in and after checkout which was really handy.The facilities and features in this hostel added to the comfort of the group and would like to thank Ecomama for adding value to our stay.

• 15th Nov 2014

The setup of the common area was very whimsical, creative and fun. Everywhere you looked that was something interesting to look at. The bathrooms were super clean. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. The beds were very comfortable and the blankets provided were down filled, so very warm! Which was needed. It seemed like the heater by my bed was not working and it was quite drafty sleeping by the window. That was the only drawback for me. It was a pleasure staying here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7