Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Truly enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is super cute and comfortable. The location is a short walk away from the main areas, but I enjoyed walking around the canals and such! The staff was great and the common room is really nice. Would def stay again!

• 10th Sep 2014

Loved the Girls room! Great stay at Ecomama!

My stay at the ecomama hostel in Amserdam was phenomenal! Staff was so helpful giving me a free tourist tour on the map telling me where and where not to go! Haven't been to a hostel in the whole world with such nice staff! Room was clean with a fantastic view to the canal. Liked the idea with the (was it lavender?) pocket that made the pillow smell like heaven ;D Anytime again! Greetings from Germany

• 7th Sep 2014

Great time in this Hostel, very nice people who can help you, you can walk easily to the centre. Wa had a private room very nice!

• 6th Sep 2014

A "cool" hostel. Really comfortable beds with feather down pillows and duvets - amazing. Could improve on cleanliness - bathroom floors were always in puddles.

One of the best reviewed hostels did not disappoint. Prompt, fast checkin, with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean and bed was very comfy with fresh washed sheets. Every bed has their own nightlight and charger, very handy. The facilities are immaculate and have a ton of personality, just wait till you see the awesome mega kitchen and "chill tent". If I had to knitpick, it was that the floors in the showers were always a bit soggy, but I am certain that can easily fixed.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Aruba

Fantastic hostel. This was my first time in a hostel and it beat all expectations. Friendly people and felt really safe.

• 2nd Sep 2014

It is well located, far enough from the noise and crowds in the city center but close enough if you want to go there at anytime, the staff is very friendly and they give recommendations for places you should go.

Extremely helpful front desk, large open kitchen.

Very nice, modern and cool hostel, very friendly staff, very well located in town, friendly and open atmosphere, great staff. Kitchen available for cooking at any time of the day. Enough room to relax and hang out. Additionally, in the entrance area you have the possibility to enjoy coffee and tea, cupcakes or a breakfast. We would have loved to have a sink and in the room, but that's the only "negative" point. Go to Ecomama and enjoy your time in Amsterdam!

I stayed in a private deluxe room in this hostel for one night and then a last minute booking of the female dorm when my plans changed! I loved this hostel. Great facilities. Very clean, very cool and cosy. Loved the private room it was really cool and I love the way that this place is designed and furnished. The female dorm was kind of like a grandmas spare room but in a really cute and homey way. Would love to come back here.

I loved this place! I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm and there was plenty of room. The beds were so comfy and the light and charger at each bunk was a plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The best feature, by far, is the kitchen area. It's open and welcoming and easy to cook for yourself! Would definitely stay here again.

Great atmosphere, fantastic staff and ridiculously comfortable beds and pillows! I would have loved to have stayed longer than a night but I had heaps of fun anyway!

I was in Amsterdam for only one day and night so I went early to the hostel to see if they would store my bag for me during the day while I went out to see the city. The staff readily helped me out by securing my bag and giving me directions for the city. Also, I stayed in the girls' dorm and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hostel! Overall I was very happy with my experience at Ecomama and I would recommend it to anyone!

• 25th Aug 2014

It should be informed, that the private bedrooms are in one big room, where also the kitchen and the cafe and the "living" area is.. so it was very noisy throughout the night and also early in the mornings. Also should be informed that the toilets and showers are shared with all the guest and not divided between men and woman.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Really Awesome place to stay! Great environment. I felt at home. I would walk in at 5 am after partying and I thought I would be the only one up. Luckly people were in the commons to and I felt really comfortable. The place holds special events and activities like pub crawls. Awesome place to go!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Ecomama is awesome! Its definitely the nicest hostel ive ever stayed in. Not only is it clean and comfy, but its small and has an awesome vibe. The chill-out area is really funky and communal, and the kitchen is great! Plus, now this might be a spoiler, cause it was fun to find this out in person, but they have a teepee set up inside for haning out in! So cool! IThe beds are really nice, and again, everything is so clean! The bathrooms were spotless. Definitely staying here again!!!

• 21st Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It has a big kitchen and common area. As a single traveller it was easy to meet people there. There is a big supermarket nearby, which is nice for breakfast. Points to improve: number of sockets and storage space. In the common area there are only two multiple plugs. In the 12 bed dorm there is only one at the door and lockers are only outside in the hall. So you have to leave your phone or camera unattented and likely have to wait for a free socket.

Great hostel! Very modern and Eco friendly, which I loved. Rooms were spacious and clean, but the common area/kitchen really stole the show! A tent is set up to chill in,the kitchen is all open plan and modern, and one long table to eat at means you get to know everyone staying there. Great for solo travellers. Staff are friendly are organise pasta nights, bar crawls etc so there's always something to do. Showers are Eco friendly but have to keep pressing button to work- and not the warmest.

great hostel friendly staff and nice environment would recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7