Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff were fantastic, really helpful and friendly. Hostel was extremely clean and well looked after, only a 10 min walk to red light district, so it is close enough to the action but far away enough from the noise.

• 26th Jun 2015

I can not begin to say how amazing this staff are. Incredible customer service from the introduction of the name, they are truly the best .. Clean sheets,great location and the perfect atmosphere.

• 25th Jun 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Such an amazing, friendly staff! Thanks for the amazing time. I'll definitely be coming back!

I wish I could have stayed longer. The hostel was very comfortable and felt like home. The staff was great. They were helpful and the other guests were wonderfull as well. It was only a short walk from the train station, coffee shops and the red light district, but was still very relaxed.

• 18th Jun 2015

Everything is great. The staff are all really nice. The place is clean and you got everything there. You can cook and watch movie there or rent a bike and go for tours. Big spacious comfortable bed and clean too! Its really near to the metro and the central station. Perfect!

I loved the big "family" room that made meeting other people easy. The hostel had fun events and the staff were very knowledgable about the area and had great suggestions.

Nice staff and good location. Bathrooms were clean and beds were comfortable. I rented a bike from the hostel to ride around town. They had a delicious pasta dinner made by one of the employees on the night I stayed there. For only €4 I had a heaping bowl of homemade pasta and had a chance to meet some friends. Good place.

Great facilities (clean & fun) and friendly staff with good vibes

Clara & Craig did a great job.

• 10th Jun 2015

EcoMama is amazing. Hands down best hostel I've stayed at. They have a nice open kitchen/hang out area which makes all the difference. Very easy to meet and hang out with other hostel guests. Location is absolutely perfect. It's not in the centrum, but it's right outside. They let you rent bikes, and have museum passes for rent to get you into almost all the museums. The guys that run it are in their 20s and 30s. Super friendly, they eat with the hostel guests.

I stayed at EcoMama for just one night because I had to catch a flight the next morning. The staff were extremely nice and welcoming, the aesthetic of the hostel is amazing, and the fully functional kitchen is really great. I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm and slept reasonably well. If you book a private room note that they are converted shipping containers with thin walls and are also adjacent to the common area and therefore are probably louder at night than the shared rooms.

Ecomama was great. Very clean and the beds were so comfortable. The staff was helpful and the living room and kitchen are really great. There is a delicious coffee shop with sandwiches and snacks attached as well. We enjoyed our stay.

Our stay at Ecomama was great. We were really amazed at how the hostel is managed, at how the guests are valued and at the place itself. It is easy to get to know people there, because of the structure that was built with this purpose. Really enjoyed!

• 6th Jun 2015

We spent a wonderful time in the Ecomama Hostel, the staff was very friendly, helpful and charming. Our room was clean and sufficient in facilities. We loved the atmosphere and the modern and creative decoration. The only minus was that it's not possible to regulate the temperature of the shower, it was nearly boiling. But overall, really a great address for a stay in Amsterdam, we couldn't have wished for more.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

I had a great stay at Ecomama, it is definitely one of the best youngsters hostel i did in my life. So cozy and relaxing. People are sharing their adventures and knowledge and the living room is so lively. It felt so good being there. The hostel was really neat!

• Finland

My favourite hostel I've stayed at so far! I've been travelling for the past 6 months and I still have fond memories of ecomama. I've been there twice now and I'd definitely go back again! Just two stops from central station or a 15 walk, it's very easy to get to. The staff are amazing and they even partied with us when I was there. The hostel has daily events of things to do- which is a great way to meet fellow travellers.

• 4th Jun 2015

I loved this place! The staff were great fun and when they weren't working or were about to finish they would see if some people wanted to go out. They were all really friendly and casual, within a couple of hours i knew them all! The kitchen was great, you could eat whenever and whatever you wanted. It was really relaxed and a great place to meet people. Location wise it was really easy to get around. Easy to get to Centraal Station to connect to the entire city with trans an metro stops nearby

• Scotland

Ecomama was perfect for me. It had a really great vibe and it was super easy to meet people, but it was still nice and quiet and clean. They had a lot of really great activities planned that you could just jump right into. It was also in a really great location since it was easy to walk to a lot of central locations, but Amsterdam isn't very big, so that may not be saying much. I'd definitely stay there again.

The showers were always hot! I had no idea how to turn them cold although I tried several things! I loved the kitchen especially, it's a very good one and a perfect space.

This hostel sets itself apart from the chaotic feel of other hostels in Amsterdam. There was a great sense of community without being a party hostel. The place was very clean and staff were very helpful. I booked it last minute and am very glad I stayed there.

• 31st May 2015