Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Brand new and they've got everything a good Hostel needs..

The hostel is amazing. Well located making it easy to reach the center and red light district. In the same building of the hostel, in front of the reception there is a coffee place for breakfasts and other last minute snacks. Fun and well furnished hang out area (super modern). Super helpful staff, specially Clara. She took us to the pub crawl, help us with doubts, and made us company during drinking games night! Awesome experience.

The hostel was absolutely amazing. With a café at he front, we didn't notive it straight away but once we went in our stay was just made a million percent better! We were greeted by a member of staff at the hostel who was friendly, informative and really helpful. We were able to keep our bags there before check in and after checkout which was really handy.The facilities and features in this hostel added to the comfort of the group and would like to thank Ecomama for adding value to our stay.

• 15th Nov 2014

The setup of the common area was very whimsical, creative and fun. Everywhere you looked that was something interesting to look at. The bathrooms were super clean. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. The beds were very comfortable and the blankets provided were down filled, so very warm! Which was needed. It seemed like the heater by my bed was not working and it was quite drafty sleeping by the window. That was the only drawback for me. It was a pleasure staying here.

• 15th Nov 2014

Went to Amsterdam for the weekend! Hostel is in a perfect location! Security is really safe! Facilities are good And showers and toilets are extremely clean! Lived up to all the good reviews! Has a cafe selling tasty food and a munchie box which you put money in if you eat something out of it! staff were super friendly and gave us advice where to go. Only 2 plugs in the 12 bed dorm but not an issue at all! Had an amazing experience and would defo stay here again!

Just stayed at Ecomama for a couple nights and it was such a fun experience! The staff is great - friendly and extremely helpful. They offer you free maps and give tons of great suggestions for things to see/do in Amsterdam. The cafe connected to the hostel is great option for food/coffee. The hostel was clean and I loved the open kitchen area. It was a great place to meet other travellers. The hostel's location is close to the Red Light District but is still in a quiet part of town.

Patricia, lo mejor

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The best hangout area ever. The tent is brilliant

I really liked my stay in Ecomama! It has lovely cafe and big common area with kitchen what makes it easy to meet fellow guests. This hostel one is more for relaxed stay and good night sleep. Still in walking distance from railway station and all city centre sights, i would stay again!

Some staff were nice and others just didn't care. showers were pretty clean but the rooms needed a good cleaning on the floors and under the beds. Really liked the tee pee inside and the comfortable meeting areas. great concept with very high potential with the right staff and management.

The location is amazing- quiet, close to a lot of attractions, near a food store. The interior is very hipster and the communal area is a great place to hang out and play board games or cook. It is a place where you'd want to stay for at least another week.

The Hostel is near from the City Center, as example from Central Station your there in 10 minutes. The Staff is realy friendly and helps everytime. The Facilities are great, a really big common area and they also have a teepee! Was a really nice Hostel and i would absolutly stay there again when i'm in Amsterdam again. I absolutly recommend it!

We stayed in a 2 person "cabin". It had no windows, minimal lighting, and was claustrophobic. The bathroom was co-Ed, which we were unaware of before booking. The hostel felt like it was "trying too hard," making many things un-fung-shway. We wished the staff was better at recommending places to eat nearby. For the amount we paid, we definitely would not stay there again.

The record layer is an excellent touch.

Ecomama has such a lovely environment - really relaxed and comfortable. The staff are super friendly. Great having a cafe on site. Easy walking distance to most things and close to a metro station. Only thing that would have been good is in room lockers that fit your bag and the pillows are completely flat. Would definitely recommend Ecomama and would stay there again happily!

Ecomama has such an amazing vibe. The facilities were great, and they had everything I could think of. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Camiel and Clara! Ecomama has to be the best hostel in Amsterdam. I was seriously impressed.

• 4th Nov 2014

Ecomama was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The place is clean, the staff are VERY friendly, and overall it was a very accommodating place. I'd stay again if given the chance.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Best hostal I've ever stayed in! Amazing place and very cool people. Wouldnt stay anywhere else if Im ever back

• 3rd Nov 2014

Outstanding place, nice staff and a welcoming atmosphere. My girlfriend and I totally recommend staying at Ecomama while being in Amsterdam! ^^

Ecomama provided an amazing hostel experience. This hostel is for a traveler not looking to be in the midst of a 24/7 party; rather, this hostel offers the choice to go out and party or to relax and explore the city as if you are living in your own place. The staff is truly amazing too, and had a huge contribution to my positive stay in the hostel. Specifically, I would like to thank Craig, Patricia, Clara and Mel for the hospitality they provided.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7