Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amazing staff, facilities and community. Love the kitchen and communal table set up. The staff went above and beyond.

• 25th May 2015

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super clean, great wifi, good location, and awesome, knowledgable staff (I'm looking at you Clara & Craig!). Wouldn't recommend you staying anywhere else in Amsterdam

• 22nd May 2015

Where to even start with Ecomama...This hostel is possibly one of the best I've ever seen. Stayed here for 2 nights in a 5 bed dorm. The staff are excellent,Craig Checked us in and has an unbelievable knowledge of Amsterdam. Cooked dinner in the hostel, it's the best kitchen I've seen. The bedroom is so comfy, duck down pillows and duvet, spacious and secure. Their hostel events are very good (movie in the tee-pee). Rented bikes from them too. Definitely will recommend, cool vibe in this place.

Amazing hostel. Would recccomend it to everyone and go back next time I'm in Amsterdam!

• 18th May 2015

I loved they pay attention to every little detail in the hostal, even the nice surprise below the pillow!

Stayed for 4 nights. Good location, close to the city center. About a 20 minute walk from the main train station, 10 minutes to all of the great sites, restaurants and pubs. Right on a canal. Felt really safe at night. Cool cafe downstairs. A bit hard to find if you're not paying attention! South of the Ibis hotel and just north of the building with all of the plants.

Location is just a 10 minute walk from Dam Square - People were always hanging out in the common area, making interactions easy, and the rooms were spacious and clean

No major complaints apart form the value/money ratio. You pay excessively for the hip design - however, our room lacked decent sunlight and was so tiny - just fine for those who only sleep there (like us), but the price... Would have chosen something cheaper and less pretentious. There are so many things to do in the beautiful Amsterdam you would rather compromise your sleep quality and overall comfort to spend some more Euros in A's great bars, restaurants, cafes and we-all-know-what-else.

• 14th May 2015
  • Belgium

Lots of thanks to the staff,special thanks to Patricia ,who despite having a cold was immensely forthcoming and helpful. Spent one night in 7-bed dorm . Excellent stay. Good coffee at "Filtered" the cafe is connected to the hostel. Will come again.

• 14th May 2015
  • Denmark

Although I haven't stayed in many hospitals, this one was pretty good overall. Facilities were generally well-kept and clean, my main complaint would be the fact that you can't change the temperature of the water in the shower and it felt scalding times. The kitchen area was clean and the Teepee hang out was pretty cool. We enjoyed renting bikes for the day for only €10 per bike which I highly re commend. Wish the towels and breakfast were free

• 13th May 2015

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Ecomama! The atmosphere was excellent, the staff were very friendly, informative and available to help (especially Clara :) ). The fact that there's a cafe attached to the hostel is a total plus, so if you need your coffee fill you don't have to go far. Quiet location and tourist attractions are all walkable, but definitely rent a bike from them. Next time I'm in Amsterdam for a long period of time, I will definitely be staying here again!

• 13th May 2015

Ecomama was a great choise. I was in Amsterdam to propose to my girlfriend, which I did, and she said yes :). We were up to a social place but also calm and comfortable and we found it there! We loved their common areas, very cool, social, clean, bright but most of all calm, so that you can hang or relax after a day of tourism. The staff was great and I even received a bottled of pro sec for my engagement :D Thanks a lot guys!! I would mostly recommend the place.

Very good mattress, good place to meet people, perfect location, usefull nicely decorated kitchen, nice atmosphere. But BRING YOUR EAR PLUGS if you want to sleep : the big ventilation pipe in the room is making an awfull noise. The ringing bell from the front door during the night is also very annoying to hear. Lights from the corridor are coming in your room through the ventilation (they are on all the night). The room could be better furnished (bedside lamp, shelves, hanging rail...).

I was at this hostel just for a long layover, and it was the best layover ever. Very welcoming staff, entertaining activities, good location, and really great guests! The hostel was doing a pub crawl and I got to meet some really great people while really enjoying my layover in Amsterdam.

• 8th May 2015

Overall good place to go. The interior style screams "hippie", and I find that very charming. It's a little more expensive compared to other hostels but here you're more likely to find calm, kind and open-minded people, including the staff.

Great place and some lovely people working there. Great attitude towards sharing and daily activity. Met some nice people staying as the people attracted to this place. Stayed and slept well in 5 bed dorm. 12 bed was too hot and got sore throat as is often the case when staying anywhere with lots of beds in same room. Choose a smaller number of beds.

Loved my stayed here, so chilled. Really nice experience.

• 4th May 2015

There were pros and cons staying at this hostel. The staff was the worst part of our stay. They were unacknowledgable, condescending and rude. When askig where the nearest laundry was no one seemed to know or care. Standing at the front to check out or ask questions, my friend and I both felt like the two girls working did not like where they worked and were very unfriendly towards us and one even made a rude remark about us being American. Rude staff. Place has potential.

• 3rd May 2015

The staff really make Ecomama a friendly and happy place. Special thanks to Patricia, Silvaga and Elrika for their help and advice. If you have gear to store be aware lockers are not in the rooms and you will need a padlock. Big well equipped kitchen/dining area.

I liked it very much. I would definitely recommend the hostel. The only bad thing to say is that's a little bit expensive.

• 30th Apr 2015