Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel located about a 10min walk away from the red light district. The communal kitchen is great and well stocked and the honesty bar is a great idea €1 for a beer it's the best deal in Amsterdam! Meeting people is easy just sit round the communal table and you'll soon start chatting, even the staff are sociable. I can't recommend this place highly enough if you want to have a great time this is the place to stay.

Me and my friends only stopped over for 1 night but found the Ecomama a nice place to safe. The staff were helpful and friendly. And the rooms were clean and had everything we needed.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Great hostel. Right near the Supermarket. The kitchen and common area made for a great place to meet people. The staff also described what the major attractions in Amsterdam upon arrival. Centrally located.

Overall a very good experience, would definitely go back, both to the Hostel and to Amsterdam.

• 21st Jul 2014

Absolutely love this hostel!! The atmosphere is good, the staff are friendly and the rooms are amazing ! Stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was very specious !! Although they didn't have massive lockers in the room to fit your suitcase they still had smaller lockers for you to store your valuables which isn't a problem at all!! Definitely coming back again! 😀

The showers were a little strange that you had to keep pressing a button for hot water, but the beds were clean and comfortable and the kitchen was beautiful and easy to store your own food

NEVER get a private room here!!! Terrible it's literally a wooden box with no window or air conditioning and while we were there it was 100 degrees so we would be waking up multiple times during the night sweating. Also don't stay here if you're young and want to party. Lame atmosphere. Would not stay here again.

• 17th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff and lovely services considering it was a basic room. However the showers stalls could have benefitted from some extra cleaning during the day and the sheet set provided was not clean. Otherwise my stay was great!

• 17th Jul 2014

This hostel is brilliant! Perfect vibe, great facilities, lovely staff and perfect location! The only negative thing is that you could not access wifi in the rooms!

Great kitchen, panoramic room on the canal, shared toilets and showers ok. No hair dryer in the showers area. Bicycle hire shop close to the hostel (14 euro for 24h with insurance and discount for the hostel guests), bike rack in front of the entrance. Breakfast not included. Supermarket at 5 min walking distance (in the kitchen there is some free food). Staff friendly and helpful. *****

Great vibes and friendly staff!

I had a great time staying at Ecomama. The staff

I just want to say that after reading the reviews I had high expectations for this place. Upon arrival I going the atmosphere to be pretty much nonexistent, unless your consider a room full of people on their phones/laptops to be fun. This did not change though out my stay. Everything else was fantastic though.

There was no lockers in the room I was staying in, however I did manage to get a locker outside of my room, this was by chance only and not a guarantee. The hostel was in my opinion too far away from the main sections of Amsterdam. On the plus side if you are staying awhile and on a budget this hostel does have a good kitchen and a super market close by for groceries to do your own cooking. I personally will not be staying again due to security and location.

I have all the best to say about this hostel, had a great stay and would come back again but there are several small-medium things that are a slight downside: - There were 7 beds, but only 4 lockers - There were no bed/night lights - There are no electric sockets near the beds and overall, not enough sockets in the dorm - The exposed pipes on the ceiling can be quite noisy - The showers and toilets are mixed - Wifi connection was bad, probably because the dorms are in 'souterrain'

Location was ok. Staff was good helpful. Hostel was nice and simple. There was no computers to use. Had to ask and share laptop. For price u pay its average.

• 8th Jul 2014

I had a really great stay! 6 nights. The first night we were a bit disturbed by the flushing waterpipes in our girls dorm. But then we got used to it I guess. Very comfortabel beds! The floors were a bit dirty though. But over all the room was good and very hipsterish-cosy. And very nice, friendly and helpful staff. The kitchen and common room is nice as well. But no wifi in the dorms was a bit bugging. Good location. Close to a supermarket. Had a great stay! I really recommend it.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Ecomama is a pretty cool hostel. Definitely not for those who are going to amsterdam to party in the red light district. There were some cool people to go out with, but it was a lot more chiller.

Can't even begin to describe how amazing this hostel was. An absolute MUST STAY for anyone backpacking or traveling Amsterdam

Best hostel I've stayed in, in Amsterdam yet. Great atmosphere, I will be back here again. Staff were fantastic. I only remember Clara's name, but there was another girl who worked the night shift with her, both were great with guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7