Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is by far one of the best hostels we have stayed in. Craig at reception was absolutely outstanding! It's everything you want in an awesome hostel. Cool vibe (even in winter), great kitchen, rooms were small & difficult with everyone's luggage in the dorms but everything else made up for the lack of space in the bedroom. Great location - little out of the hustle & bustle which was nice but only a few mins walk to centre of town, red light district, public transport & supermarket. Fantastic!

Great facilities and a cool chilled out vibe. Will stay again next time in Amsterdam

A beautiful hostel. Beautifully designed. A bit overpriced but worth every penny though. My only problem was that the showers had no cold water, only hot water and sometimes too hot :)

I stayed at a different hostel for the first part of my stay in Amsterdam and then stayed at ecomama for the last. There was no comparison between the two- ecomama was an amazing, comfortable, cool, clean, friendly place to stay. Beautiful big communal space to trade stories with fellow travellers and really nice events put on by the friendly staff. Comfortable dorm rooms and a super trendy cafe in the front. Excellent!

Very beautiful place to stay, comfortable and people are nice!

• 29th Dec 2014

Fantastic stay :) been to many hostels, this one is the best. Will hopefully return one day.

• 27th Dec 2014

I stayed in this hostel for 4 nights. This hostel made my stay in Amsterdam unforgettable. Those staffs, especially Craig and Clara, were absolutely nice, fun and friendly, always there to help people around. The hostel is really clean, well decorated, and full of interesting stuffs around. I loved the tent in the common area, fun place to just chill down for a while. This hostel is amazing, and definitely one of the best hostel in the world! :)

Really cool space, friendly staff, great cafe with delicious treats and coffees, excellent location! Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Dec 2014

Such a lovely place! Relax atmosphere in a crazy city. Staff really kind and helpful. I would definitelly recomend this hostel.

Staff are super friendly, very patient to answer all questions and show the facilities 1 by 1 Even I stayed in a 12 people room, it was not as crowded as I thought. Sparate shower and toilet . People don't have to fight for the bathroom . Excellent common area with kitchen!!! You can buy your own food to cook! Canal is right behind the hostel, can't hear the traffic at night at all!! I wish I could stay longer there but it was all full during my 8 days stay in amsterdam

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Really fun hostel. Only complaint is that they lack lights/chargers/lockers in the room. They did go as far as to draw these things on the wall though, which was cute lol. Staff was amazing, craig gave me possibly the warmest reception that I have had at any hostel in my 6 months of traveling.

In 10 years of traveling, Ecomama is without a doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The philosophy with which they approach the idea of running a hostel is the real reason this place is such a success -- huge, beautiful space and rooms; incredible staff (find Craig; he's the best); insanely welcoming. I felt like a part of a little community in Ecomama, which is exactly what a hostel should be.

Ecomama was the best option for my stay in Amsterdam. It was close to all the sights, but was just outside the main "tourist" areas which were always too crowded. The hostel attracts a great crowd and I met so many great friends while there for 3 nights.

• 20th Dec 2014

An amazing hostel in a great location in the city centre with fantastic staff who are knowledgable and fun to hang out with. The communal kitchen is fantastic and everything including rooms, toilets, etc, are so clean! The communal area has a great vibe and a tipi! Would definitely recommend for future travellers. Also a big thank you to Clara who helped us out so much during our stay and made our trip to Amsterdam more fun and enjoyable!

The staff were at this hostel were awesome. In particular Clara and Craig were both really friendly and helpful. The hostel is located within easy walking distance of all areas of central Amsterdam. The beds are super comfy, the hostel is very clean and has a great common area including an awesome kitchen. They have tee-pee tent set up as well inside which is great for chilling in. There's also a lovely cafe at the front of the hostel which has great coffee and food.

Brilliant time staying :)

• 14th Dec 2014

Ecomama was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Everything was clean, everybody was friendly, and the layout encouraged a laid back social atmosphere. Not the cheapest hostel in town, but by amsterdam standards, well worth every cent. I hope to come back some day!

I much enjoyed my stay at Ecomama. The hostel was located in a convenient and safe area and had a great ambience. Although I was not too keen on the mixed and shared bathroom, the facilities were extremely clean and privacy was never an issue. However, I would have liked to see more locker space available (not guaranteed for each occupant), along with individual lights and power sockets for the female dorm room. Besides these minor details, I was extremely satisfied with my experience here!

Best hostel I've stayed in. Great layout and good chill out areas.

• 12th Dec 2014

great staff, close to sub!