Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My favourite hostel I've stayed at so far! I've been travelling for the past 6 months and I still have fond memories of ecomama. I've been there twice now and I'd definitely go back again! Just two stops from central station or a 15 walk, it's very easy to get to. The staff are amazing and they even partied with us when I was there. The hostel has daily events of things to do- which is a great way to meet fellow travellers.

• 4th Jun 2015

I loved this place! The staff were great fun and when they weren't working or were about to finish they would see if some people wanted to go out. They were all really friendly and casual, within a couple of hours i knew them all! The kitchen was great, you could eat whenever and whatever you wanted. It was really relaxed and a great place to meet people. Location wise it was really easy to get around. Easy to get to Centraal Station to connect to the entire city with trans an metro stops nearby

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Ecomama was perfect for me. It had a really great vibe and it was super easy to meet people, but it was still nice and quiet and clean. They had a lot of really great activities planned that you could just jump right into. It was also in a really great location since it was easy to walk to a lot of central locations, but Amsterdam isn't very big, so that may not be saying much. I'd definitely stay there again.

The showers were always hot! I had no idea how to turn them cold although I tried several things! I loved the kitchen especially, it's a very good one and a perfect space.

This hostel sets itself apart from the chaotic feel of other hostels in Amsterdam. There was a great sense of community without being a party hostel. The place was very clean and staff were very helpful. I booked it last minute and am very glad I stayed there.

• 31st May 2015

This was the best experience at a hostel I have ever stayed at. I was very very impressed and would stay here again in a minute!

Great hostel, the staff is really helpfull ! If i go back to amsterdam again I will stay at Ecomama

Proper security; secured yet convenient. Location is within walking or biking distance of city center / centraal station. There's tram, metro and supermarket at the nearest intersection. Staff was super awesome. Very knowledgable and helpful. Atmosphere was balanced and really plays into everyone's comfort zone: very chill yet they can get the party started. The facilities are great. My main thing is bathrooms, and ecomama's set up is great. Fully enclosed stalls, plus dry area in the showers.

I only stayed one night but I loved it! Everything was super clean (a big thing for me) and the staff were friendly and eager to point out activities for your trip. I went in the middle of the week so prices were quite reasonable. They have cool classes and outings planned in the evenings and the bed was nice. Everything felt very safe and not sketchy. Will definitely try and stay longer if I ever go back to Amsterdam.

• 25th May 2015

Amazing staff, facilities and community. Love the kitchen and communal table set up. The staff went above and beyond.

• 25th May 2015

Great hostel. Big kitchen and common areas and good location, best hostel I've stayed in. Very clean and comfortable.

• 22nd May 2015

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super clean, great wifi, good location, and awesome, knowledgable staff (I'm looking at you Clara & Craig!). Wouldn't recommend you staying anywhere else in Amsterdam

• 22nd May 2015

Where to even start with Ecomama...This hostel is possibly one of the best I've ever seen. Stayed here for 2 nights in a 5 bed dorm. The staff are excellent,Craig Checked us in and has an unbelievable knowledge of Amsterdam. Cooked dinner in the hostel, it's the best kitchen I've seen. The bedroom is so comfy, duck down pillows and duvet, spacious and secure. Their hostel events are very good (movie in the tee-pee). Rented bikes from them too. Definitely will recommend, cool vibe in this place.

Amazing hostel. Would recccomend it to everyone and go back next time I'm in Amsterdam!

• 18th May 2015

I loved they pay attention to every little detail in the hostal, even the nice surprise below the pillow!

Stayed for 4 nights. Good location, close to the city center. About a 20 minute walk from the main train station, 10 minutes to all of the great sites, restaurants and pubs. Right on a canal. Felt really safe at night. Cool cafe downstairs. A bit hard to find if you're not paying attention! South of the Ibis hotel and just north of the building with all of the plants.

- comfy beds, spacious rooms - the basket of toiletries was appreciated - friendly staff, warm welcome - clean bathrooms - lovely common room & kitchen - extremely relaxing environment - good playlist!

• 16th May 2015

Location is just a 10 minute walk from Dam Square - People were always hanging out in the common area, making interactions easy, and the rooms were spacious and clean

No major complaints apart form the value/money ratio. You pay excessively for the hip design - however, our room lacked decent sunlight and was so tiny - just fine for those who only sleep there (like us), but the price... Would have chosen something cheaper and less pretentious. There are so many things to do in the beautiful Amsterdam you would rather compromise your sleep quality and overall comfort to spend some more Euros in A's great bars, restaurants, cafes and we-all-know-what-else.

• 14th May 2015
  • Belgium

Lots of thanks to the staff,special thanks to Patricia ,who despite having a cold was immensely forthcoming and helpful. Spent one night in 7-bed dorm . Excellent stay. Good coffee at "Filtered" the cafe is connected to the hostel. Will come again.

• 14th May 2015