Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really loved this hostel. Simple, clean, polished interior look, as expected of the Dutch. They conveniently share the space with an equally cute café. Located close to a bike rental shop and just minutes away from "main" attraction. Would definitely stay here again!

Great hostel, clean and friendly. Little bit outside the city center but only a 10 minute walk away.

It's a great hostel in a good location. the only thing I didn't like was the poor drainage outside the showers which meant that after a shower one was forced to step into a perpetual puddle of water

• 25th Sep 2014
  • India

I had a little trouble finding the hostel and it sounded like others in my room did as well. It's always great to have more signage or even a sidewalk sign őr just review the directions more than I did. I had a lovely room that fronted on a canal.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far!! So amazing...

Grand people, fun place, it has a tipi and it's in Amsterdam. What else could there possibly be

• 22nd Sep 2014

Very friendly people and staff

Very new and clean place. Conveniently located close to most attractions. Staff was helpful and provided maps and all information requested. It is different than most hostels, but in a good way.

Hostel is conveniently located next to the old city of Amsterdam. Beds are comfortable and hostel is well equiped. The staff is friendly and helpful.

We had a really great stay here. The staff was knowledgable, friendly and professional. I can highly recommend it!

• 20th Sep 2014

I really loved staying at ECOMAMA which has a Cafe just at the entreance where you can get an amazing breakfast and other delicious treats. There is a huge common room (with a Tipi) and kitchen with all the facilities you need if you want to cook on your own. I stayed at a 7 female only door which was really girly and cute, tidy, with lockers (own padlocks needed!), mirror, hairdryer,.. The hostel is close to Waterlooplein so you can reach almost everyting within walking distance if you like to.

The design of the whole hostel, atmosphere, and the staff are simply awesome. It's clean and conveniently located, so it meets all the requirements of a five-star hostel. I'll definitely choose Ecomama next time I visit Amsterdam.

It is a really cool hostel. Will definitely come back and stay here next time. The staff is really cool and friendly. It js expensive though. I paid 35 euro plus this 1,30 euro tourst tax for a night in a dorm and breakfast was not included. I paid like 8,50 for a breakfast comho the next morning, which was really good though. I am sure there are cheaper hostels in Amsterdam....but the facilities and staff are really nice here.

This hostel is out of this world. Loved everything about it. Stayed in the girls room and it was so homey. The common area is the best. Staff are always helpful and super outgoing and friendly. Haven't had a hostel yet that can top this place!

Best hostel I've seen anywhere in Europe.

Very charming little Hostel!

Thanks for the hospitality - will recommend to friends and fellow travelers!

• 13th Sep 2014

Overall, I liked it very much. However, it was very difficult to keep quiet in the night when someone was coming and going. No night lights on the beds, means when the door was closed it was pitch black. Very narrow in some rooms trying to walk beside the beds, and the metal lockers seemed even louder when the slightest bit of noise reverberated against the hard walls and floors. I stayed downstairs, and seems the wifi had trouble to get a strong signal there.

Truly enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is super cute and comfortable. The location is a short walk away from the main areas, but I enjoyed walking around the canals and such! The staff was great and the common room is really nice. Would def stay again!

• 10th Sep 2014

Had a fab stay at Ecomama. Stayed in the girls rooms for two nights - had a dressing table and hair straighteners, even though we had our own it was a nice touch. Only negative comment is the pillows! Flat as a pancake! Social area was good, well equipped kitchen and good to meet people. Went on the bar crawl which is always going to be fun and a good wat to meet new people. Location was about 10 min walk to a main square with bars and restaurants. Perfect place to stay!

• 8th Sep 2014