Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent hostel, ideal location in walking distance to all main attractions, friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended and great value for money

Went to Amsterdam for the weekend! Hostel is in a perfect location! Security is really safe! Facilities are good And showers and toilets are extremely clean! Lived up to all the good reviews! Has a cafe selling tasty food and a munchie box which you put money in if you eat something out of it! staff were super friendly and gave us advice where to go. Only 2 plugs in the 12 bed dorm but not an issue at all! Had an amazing experience and would defo stay here again!

Just stayed at Ecomama for a couple nights and it was such a fun experience! The staff is great - friendly and extremely helpful. They offer you free maps and give tons of great suggestions for things to see/do in Amsterdam. The cafe connected to the hostel is great option for food/coffee. The hostel was clean and I loved the open kitchen area. It was a great place to meet other travellers. The hostel's location is close to the Red Light District but is still in a quiet part of town.

Patricia, lo mejor

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The best hangout area ever. The tent is brilliant

I really liked my stay in Ecomama! It has lovely cafe and big common area with kitchen what makes it easy to meet fellow guests. This hostel one is more for relaxed stay and good night sleep. Still in walking distance from railway station and all city centre sights, i would stay again!

Some staff were nice and others just didn't care. showers were pretty clean but the rooms needed a good cleaning on the floors and under the beds. Really liked the tee pee inside and the comfortable meeting areas. great concept with very high potential with the right staff and management.

The location is amazing- quiet, close to a lot of attractions, near a food store. The interior is very hipster and the communal area is a great place to hang out and play board games or cook. It is a place where you'd want to stay for at least another week.

The Hostel is near from the City Center, as example from Central Station your there in 10 minutes. The Staff is realy friendly and helps everytime. The Facilities are great, a really big common area and they also have a teepee! Was a really nice Hostel and i would absolutly stay there again when i'm in Amsterdam again. I absolutly recommend it!

We stayed in a 2 person "cabin". It had no windows, minimal lighting, and was claustrophobic. The bathroom was co-Ed, which we were unaware of before booking. The hostel felt like it was "trying too hard," making many things un-fung-shway. We wished the staff was better at recommending places to eat nearby. For the amount we paid, we definitely would not stay there again.

The record layer is an excellent touch.

Ecomama has such a lovely environment - really relaxed and comfortable. The staff are super friendly. Great having a cafe on site. Easy walking distance to most things and close to a metro station. Only thing that would have been good is in room lockers that fit your bag and the pillows are completely flat. Would definitely recommend Ecomama and would stay there again happily!

Ecomama has such an amazing vibe. The facilities were great, and they had everything I could think of. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Camiel and Clara! Ecomama has to be the best hostel in Amsterdam. I was seriously impressed.

• 4th Nov 2014

Ecomama was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The place is clean, the staff are VERY friendly, and overall it was a very accommodating place. I'd stay again if given the chance.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Best hostal I've ever stayed in! Amazing place and very cool people. Wouldnt stay anywhere else if Im ever back

• 3rd Nov 2014

Outstanding place, nice staff and a welcoming atmosphere. My girlfriend and I totally recommend staying at Ecomama while being in Amsterdam! ^^

Ecomama provided an amazing hostel experience. This hostel is for a traveler not looking to be in the midst of a 24/7 party; rather, this hostel offers the choice to go out and party or to relax and explore the city as if you are living in your own place. The staff is truly amazing too, and had a huge contribution to my positive stay in the hostel. Specifically, I would like to thank Craig, Patricia, Clara and Mel for the hospitality they provided.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! The only downside was that it took 10-15 minutes to walk into the city centre, other than that I couldn't have asked for anything better! Relaxed and friendly environment and the fact that you can cook and store food also helps if you've got a budget. Staff are very helpful and friendly, I will definitely be using the hostel again!

• 28th Oct 2014

Excellent choice. Very friendly, polite and helpful staff (Craig, Patricia and Claire), very confy place and especially located in a quiet place but close to the city center. Probably one of the best hostels we've been,

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, a bit of construction noise during my stay which at times was not so nice but all to make the great facilities they have even better. Enjoyed this hostel so much I extended my stay.