Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great Location! Too noisy, and how can there be no windows in the rooms?

Very nice place to stay. Really chilled environment and a good place to meet fellow travellers. The cafe in the building has delicious breakfast (at your own expense).

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Met new people in the hostel as well as in my room really easily, friendly and nice atmosphere! Would definitely come back again. Only problem is that someone used my food from the fridge even though I labelled it.

The staff were super cool and helpful, the vibe is just great, the honesty bar is the best invention ever, and this hostel is the best one I ever stayed in (: 5 stars

Really comfy beds! The hostel has a really cool interior so it makes meeting people and hanging out really easy. One day we hired bikes from the hostel which made getting around really easy and it seemed way cheaper than places around town. Events are put on every night by the friendly staff, Chris and Ross were especially nice :)

Amazing, I've enjoyed staying in Amsterdam a number of times and ecomama was the best place I've stayed without a doubt

• 26th Jul 2015

I was particularly impressed by the two Scottish staff members who were eager to help, friendly and made sure that the experience was an involved one. The location is very central, a short brisk walk from most important areas, close to a tram station and groceries store. Rooms were brilliant, comfiest beds we've had yet.

• 26th Jul 2015

very clean, good location and I loved all the decorations in the hostel it was artistic

I enjoyed my stay at Ecomama. The staff was friendly... I had a private room which was very clean. Enjoyed the view of the canal. The location is about 10 minute walk from Dam square.

• 23rd Jul 2015

This is a fabulous hostel. It's clean, comfortable, and cool and there are plenty of opportunities to meet people if that's what you want. It's an easy walk from the hostel to any major Amsterdam site.

Awesome place that surprised our group on how friendly and welcoming your hostel was. Everything was great.

The place was really nice, I enjoyed a lot my stay there. It´s a clean, beautiful and well located place, I will come back. The only negative thing is that it was a bit expensive ...

An overall good place! I enjoyed the atmosphere and the commons room area. The bathrooms were clean & no stains on my bed sheets which is definitely a plus! I would go again. :)

I had a great stay. The hostel is very open and Chris was particularly welcoming. I stayed in a room without bunk beds, which I really enjoyed. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen was nice, the decorations were cute. A very honey atmosphere. If I find my way back to Amsterdam I will certainly return here. This hostel is a little pricey compared to others I have stayed at, but it seems like Amsterdam hostels just cost more--and this one is worth the money.

• 17th Jul 2015

Loved it! Super staff, awsome interior And design, And super Nice, chill atmosphere! Deffinately recommend!

Reasonably close to downtown, quiet vibe - amazing design and decor/space. Hired bikes and had a great day

Awesome hostel, great location near Niewemarket and fantastic facilities. Staff were friendly and awesome, particularly Ross and Andy. 10/10 would come back.

• 15th Jul 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Perfect stay in the best city I've ever visited!!

You are paying a premium price for a pretentious product. The place is nice, but not nice enough to warrant the cost. The showers drained slowly and the doors slammed loudly. The bed was very comfortable though.

Really lovely hostel, staff all very friendly. Great dinner cooked by Chris for only €3.50! Homely atmosphere with big kitchen and really comfy beds. Would definitely stay here again.

• 14th Jul 2015