Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really nice hostel, super well located, close to main attractions, supermrket around the corner, quite nice kitchen and common area, everything clean, staff very friendly and usefull. great value for money

Fantastic hostel, the best around in my opinion. Would recommend to everyone and would use again. Thumbs up from me

• 16th Aug 2014

We stayed in another hostel in Amsterdam before moving here for the last night of our stay - but we ended up wishing that we'd stayed here throughout! Excellent location, great vibe, very clean and a great communal area to meet fellow travellers. The beds were the comfiest hostel beds we'd slept in. Security was high with key-card entry, however some of the lockers in our room were broken or bent - meaning we had to locate others within the hostel to keep our backpacks in.

For me the only problem is that they have just a few lockers, what is not the ideal when you got the shared room. The location is good, but keep in mind it's a 15 min walk from the central station, what may be important depending on yours suitcase's size.

• 14th Aug 2014

I stayed at Ecomama with two other female friends for a long weekend get-away. Ecomama was easy to find and within walking distance from the station, red light district, dam square etc. On arrival we were given a map and recommendations which were very useful. There is a supermarket nearby which means it's easy to keep it cheap. Friendly people, felt safe leaving my stuff in the room (12 bed dorm) and Filter cafe attached to hostel is great! For best bar in A'dam go to Cafe Remember!!

• 14th Aug 2014

I really liked it!! Felt very welcome here. The girl at the reception gave me a little tour on the free map and many tips on check in. It's a great place to meet people. The common area is very open and a staff member cooked for us. I also liked the design a lot. I would just put some extra curtain on the shower stalls and wifi in the room. Apart from that - awesome place! Sad I didn't get to spend more time.

Awesome crowd, great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff...

The hostel was clean, the staff was friendly and I liked the atmosphere. The reception area was a great place to relax after a long day. There were sockets to charge our phones and city guides to read.

Nice space, easy keycard access to building and rooms, however the doors to the room beep loudly at all hours of the day if the door is not shut properly. Very annoying! Full service laundry is available, but it is 6 euros! As a hostel guest, I'm trying to save money, not spend more for full service! The beds were VERY comfortable, and lockers were available in the rooms. The internet was good. There are no bikes available for rent at the hostel. Not for the party crowd.

Really nice stay! I definetely recomend Ecomama because it's clean, quiet and stylish. I will go back there if I ever see Amsterdam again!

• 11th Aug 2014

I loved my stay here and will recommend it to other travellers. The staff was super helpful and friendly. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the necessary supplies and it was clean.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, brilliant induction to what to see around Amsterdam. Check in isn't until 4 but we arrived early and were able to check in before 4. Rooms are basic but clean and bright. Kitchen facilities are also brilliant and a really nice communal area. Really loved this place and would definitely stay again. One of the best hostels I have stayed it.

• 9th Aug 2014

Was a great stay until ours and 5 other guests BAGS WERE STOLEN. Turns out we were directed to store them in a completely un protected area. Not locked, NO SECURITY At ALL! May as well have left em out side the front door. After it happened the management had a 'not our problem' attitude. WOULD NOT STAY THEIR AGAIN.

• 7th Aug 2014

Nice place, good location, of course as everything in Amsterdam not very cheep, but I would go there again..

Ecomama ended up being a wonderful experience, a perfect location close enough to all the action but a few blocks away so you were sleeping in the RLD. Nice staff and facilities. Very comfortable bed and sheets. Great young atmosphere!

Amazing hostel! We stayed in the 13 bed dorm and had a really comfortable sleep both nights of our stay. There was a really wide range of people staying at the hostel and plenty of people chatting in the main area! The main area for socialising is definitely the biggest draw to the hostel; first of all there are excellent and spacious cooking facilities and we never had to queue to cook. There is also a giant teepee to chill out in and Finally all the staff were super friendly and welcoming :)

• 4th Aug 2014

Brilliant atmosphere, great people, cool staff. Go for the pub crawl, it totally rocks!

Excellent hostel with a relaxed vibe. Lots of common spaces and very social without being a party hostel. Great rooms - very clean. Good kitchen facilities and the adjoining cafe does great coffee. All in all a really good place to base you visit to Amsterdam.

I loved staying here! The atmosphere is great and the cool open floor plan of the common areas make Ecomama unique. The staff was great and the beds were super comfy. The girls dorm had straighteners to borrow. Would definitely recommend it!

I can't speak highly enough about this hostel. What a perfect experience! You get the tranquility of a hotel outside the city, but you're only a 10 minute walk away from the centre of the Red Light District. That staff were super nice and helpful and I met a ton of people as a solo traveller. Thank you!