Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the coolest places we have stayed.

• 10th Jul 2015

Great location! 15 to 20 min walk from most popular sites. Chris was very helpful!

• 10th Jul 2015

Great hostel with plenty of group activities which makes it really easy to meet other travelers. The location was good with everything being walking distance or a short tram ride away. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Will definitely be back to stay again!! 😊

Fabulous hostel! Great crew working there all super fun and smart. Love the setup of the hostel. Very social and big kitchen to cook and chill with others. Loved it and wished I could have stayed more nights!

Amazing hands down! Best hostel I've stated at in ages! Reception is very helpful and will take you out. The Bluetooth speaker and tee pee are so cool! Can't wait to come back!

Loved staying here! Perfect location, super helpful staff, and lots of fun events and friendly people. The kitchen is great!

Interesting to have a room without windows. It wasn't very well ventilated and wasn't ideal having to sleep with a fan going constantly. Also, having the door open right into the main lounge area was a little inconvenient.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Lovely place to stay.

Ecomama is such a nice place to stay in Amsterdam and I've been hopping around this trip and seen quite a few places. Ross, the guy at the reception, went the extra mile to make everyone feel at home and cared for. I loved it!

• 6th Jul 2015

Everyone was so nice and accommodating, the bed was very comfortable, the common spaces were amazing, the bikes were amazing, location amazing, overall such a great experience!

• 5th Jul 2015

Awesome place would defiantly come back again in the future, staff were cool they didn't really feel like staff more like people staying at the place themselves. So close to the centre and had a nice set of bikes for a reasonable price to rent. If you are willing to spend a bit more here is your ideal place to stay. Kitchen was the best out of any hostel i've been to and a great view from our bedroom window of the canal

The whole space is designed very thoughtfully. And the staff are very warm and helpful; they are happy to offer some advice about the best places to get macaroons or pancakes. Also, we didn't get a chance to attend any of the hostel's events, but they look like a good value and lots of fun! The canal view in my cabin was nice as well.

Best hostel ever

Ecomama, you're the best! My favorite place that I stayed during a 5 week trip across Europe. If you are looking for a nice safe atmosphere to meet people to explore Amsterdam with, this is the place for you. Different events are run daily, such as boat tours and movie nights. Great kitchen and beautiful communal space. Bike rentals from the hostel and great advice from the staff on where to go and what to see based on your interests. Rent their museum passes!

This is a really lovely hostel, really great feel. However I feel like they use the fact that it looks a little bit fancier then a regular hostel as an excuse to bump up the prices quite substantially. I stayed in a private room, which was nice but missing things that I would expect of a room of that price. But that's being nitpicky. The staff are super helpful, the cafe attached is also really nice and has fresh cookies in the morning that smell amazing, and location is convenient.

This hostel was great. It had a great atmosphere and lovely staff. I would steer clear of the 2 person dorm though. They are literally small boxes or 'cabins' added into the main living area, with no natural lighting or airflow (no windows). It felt a lot like what I would imagine a prison cell to feel like. But we heard great things about the 8 person dorms, I'd have no problems staying in one of them next time!

I was blown away by this place. First of all it is a beautiful building with a lovely cafe out front and everything is so clean and so nice. I really appreciated the community kitchen and even though I was only there for a few days I really tired to utilize it. I really appreciated that we could rent bikes from our hostel because how else are you going to see Amsterdam. Loved everything about it and I will be staying here again.

AMAZING HOSTEL. It is a clean hostel, with a beautiful kitchen, an amazing staff, great living space, clean room, great bathrooms, and a great location. It is eco-friendly and they really do a good job at this.

The staff go out of their way to help you out, nothing is too much. Nice chilled out environment, loved the teepee to relax in! Would definitely stay here again If I go back to amsterdam.

It was great to stay in Eco mama , I really enjoy staying there the room was Clean, and peaceful , staff was really helpfull, I like the map guide for Amsterdam on arrival in the hostel, If i ever visit Amsterdam again I would like to stay here.