Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very good mattress, good place to meet people, perfect location, usefull nicely decorated kitchen, nice atmosphere. But BRING YOUR EAR PLUGS if you want to sleep : the big ventilation pipe in the room is making an awfull noise. The ringing bell from the front door during the night is also very annoying to hear. Lights from the corridor are coming in your room through the ventilation (they are on all the night). The room could be better furnished (bedside lamp, shelves, hanging rail...).

I was at this hostel just for a long layover, and it was the best layover ever. Very welcoming staff, entertaining activities, good location, and really great guests! The hostel was doing a pub crawl and I got to meet some really great people while really enjoying my layover in Amsterdam.

• 8th May 2015

Overall good place to go. The interior style screams "hippie", and I find that very charming. It's a little more expensive compared to other hostels but here you're more likely to find calm, kind and open-minded people, including the staff.

Great place and some lovely people working there. Great attitude towards sharing and daily activity. Met some nice people staying as the people attracted to this place. Stayed and slept well in 5 bed dorm. 12 bed was too hot and got sore throat as is often the case when staying anywhere with lots of beds in same room. Choose a smaller number of beds.

Loved my stayed here, so chilled. Really nice experience.

• 4th May 2015

There were pros and cons staying at this hostel. The staff was the worst part of our stay. They were unacknowledgable, condescending and rude. When askig where the nearest laundry was no one seemed to know or care. Standing at the front to check out or ask questions, my friend and I both felt like the two girls working did not like where they worked and were very unfriendly towards us and one even made a rude remark about us being American. Rude staff. Place has potential.

• 3rd May 2015

The staff really make Ecomama a friendly and happy place. Special thanks to Patricia, Silvaga and Elrika for their help and advice. If you have gear to store be aware lockers are not in the rooms and you will need a padlock. Big well equipped kitchen/dining area.

I liked it very much. I would definitely recommend the hostel. The only bad thing to say is that's a little bit expensive.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Uruguay

Eco mama had a great atmosphere and cool coffee shop in the front that was great place to read or interact with the local community. We reserved a double room, with a beautiful view over the canal. I was disappointed by the room, which looked much larger in pictures, walls were extremely thin and was tidy, but not clean. Our shower drain overflowed every morning, and despite telling the staff every morning, it never got fixed. The common space is wonderful, but wouldn't recommend private rooms.

The hostel was really clean with a really great atmosphere and cool common spaces to hang out in. There were plenty of showers and the dorm room we stayed in was spacious. Our only complaint was the lack of outlets in the room as 12 of us had to share 4 which was difficult at times.

Though Ecomama is a bit outlying, it is still in comfortable walking distance to everything you came to do in Amsterdam. It is very spacious, provides a good number of facilities and lockers. It has a coffee shop, Filter, with extremely good coffee in front of it. Staff is very helpful at any and all times of the day. I'll be there next time I come over to Europe.

• 26th Apr 2015

Awesome room and a super clean and pratical bathroom. The hostel has a complete kitchen and a great atmosphere. You can easily walk to both the Centraal Station or the city center (the hostel would be like in the middle of them, about 15-20 min walking to each one of these directions). The only bad thing is that breakfast wasn't included (even if there's a supermarket near the hostel). Otherwise, really comfortable and clean place to be. Liked it very much and I'd recommend it.

Loved this hostel! Clean and great atmosphere, the staff was awesome! Would definitely recommend to anyone.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Fun, gorgeous, and great people with nice vibes.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Absolutely fantastic experience. Wish i could have stayed longer. The staff - especially Craig, Clara and Patricia were all incredibly friendly and welcoming. Tons of local activities and group events to make it very easy to meet new people at the hotel. Would love to stay there again. One minor point is that the location is not very obvious and the signs are not clear. Entrance is located behind the cafe 'Filtered'.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We really enjoyed staying here. The common areas are all clean and fun to hang out in, and they were very accommodating, allowing us to check in early and store our luggage late on our last day. The hostel was quiet, even in dorms. The little snacks and drinks they keep on hand for a euro are a great idea.

Without a doubt the most aesthetically pleasing hostel I have ever stayed in. The facilities are top notch and also they seem to be environmentally responsible. The staff was great, Clara led a great trip to the brouweri'j t'ij and we all had a great time. Very very nice hostel especially for meeting people and having an enjoyable time in Amsterdam.

This is the hostel I ever been...I been here one week and I felt like at home, great location, great great stuff, (Clara and Craig were were very helpful), very clean and access to the kitchen at any time, this place is awesome! Next time I come in Amsterdam I won't even bother to check for other place, this is my place, Ecomama see you next year :)

Excellent, highly recommend!!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

This hostel is great. Huge open space common area, comfortable beds, nice easy stroll into town and great hostel events. A special thanks to Clara and Craig for making my stay.