Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Enjoyable and clean hostel. Clara, Craig, and Patricia are all very nice and know the city well and are happy to point out what's worth seeing/doing around the city. Facilities are nice as well.

Hostel was great, we really enjoyed our stay at Ecomama, However I did book a room with a double bed and we were given a room with two twin beds that could not be moved together. This wasn't ideal as the trip was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. Staff were apologetic but did not offer us anything else in compensation. We appreciated that they were fully booked and had no double room to move us to until the last night but the apology wasn't really sufficient.

• 6th Mar 2015

Cool hostel, close to everything and has a really chilled vibe. The staff were really helpful and nice and they have cheap bike hire. Would definitely stay there again.

Very cool hostel, super nice staffs. Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed. Will definitely come back.

It is a great hostel,it is clean,central location, the staff are very helpful and full of information.The bikes are great. But I think the private room was a bit disappointing, in the mornings we were woken up by the noises of the cafe.The room was incredibly stuffy at all times despite the air vent.The light in the room was incredible dim and and it was difficult to find anything in a handbag. We also would have appreciated a mirror in the room to skip the queue for getting ready in the morning

• 5th Mar 2015

We'd booked for a double bad room but staff didn't know our booking details and we stayed in a room with two seperate bads. Next day, they changed our room but it was really really cold and radiator was not working. I trusted comments here but we were unlucky.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

Dear Customer, We are very sorry that you did not get the room that you wanted. If you look at the description of the room when you book it, it does specify that we have two types of rooms and that you should say which one you prefer. As for the room temperature, our radiators are rarely turned up all the way (we would like to be spare with energy ;) ), had you made the issue known to the staff we could have turned it up Nevertheless we hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Amsterdam!

nice hostel, bit far out but not to bad as everywhere in amsterdam is a walk away. friendly staff. nice rooms. good stay.

• 4th Mar 2015

Nice place, kindly staff, is a very good place.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Colombia

Great experience.One of my favorite hostels to date.

A bit overpriced, but without any doubt the best hostel I have been to.

We really enjoyed staying in this hostel. Staff were very friendly and the facilities and communal areas were really good (not to mention very on trend!) The only negative comment is that it would have been nice to have a bedside lamp in our room (we had a double luxury en suite). The lights didn't have lampshades which made it quite difficult to have a relaxed atmosphere in the room at night.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel has a great vibe, the kind that might make you never want to leave! Everything was really well set up, I felt very taken care of. All the staff was awesome! Craig and Rick were delightful and very helpful. It was one of the all around best hostels I've met in a long time! I think you'll love it too!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • gkorrow_35

LOVE this place. When I first came to AMS, I stayed at Cocomama, Ecomama's sister hostel. I loved it so was really excited to try the new place out. It was definitely more than what I expected and such a great experience and awesome vibes. Totally would reccomend to anyone visiting the city for any amount of time. I stayed in the 5 person mixed room and didn't have any issues but next time I hope to book one of the more private rooms just to see what that's like...also, the teepee - how cool?

Facilities are gorgeous, love the architecture and decoration of the place. Great atmosphere great service.

They were very kind, showing places to visit. Some activities organised. Nice matresses,hot water, no line for bathroom/shower usually. Kitchen with many facilities. Close to redlight disctrict. Our room wasn't noisy.I'd stay there again definetely.

This place is brilliant. Really gezellig :)

Overall a nice hostel and well priced for the services available. Beds are not the most comfortable and the noise from common area and bathrooms(hair dryers) can be heard in the dorm rooms. If the beds had individual lights it would make it easier to get ready while others are still sleeping. The hostel location is average, as isn't surrounded by many bars or restaurants and is a decent walk into more central areas of Amsterdam.

Great hostel with clean and amazing facilities. It's not right in the middle of everything that's happening in Amsterdam but the walk is short and there are many trams to take. I had a lot of fun on the daily planned events such as a walk to a brewery but wish more people would have participated in the other events or the staff would have created a slightly more social atmosphere. It was nice to have communal dinners at other hostels, which brought people together. Overall though, a great place.

Crew Craig is good.but his colleague the lady is suck

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

A lovely place to stay, great facilities, really friendly. Kitchen was easy to use, wifi worked really well and good showers.