Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed here on a Sunday eve, having a job interview the next day. The 8 bed dorm was spacious, the bunk beds are great with electricity/light for each, but the WIFI was not working so well. They stored kindly my computer at the reception as I forgot my lock! Great spacy interior, great staff. Fully booked but didn't notice even. Relax atmosphere, 17 min walk from Central Station, 10 min from the center. Huge supermarket around the corner. Will stay again!

This hostel has a spirit. It's not like soulless profit machine kind of hostels you may found at every corner of Ams. Uniquesness comes from the staff (Patricia, Craig, Claire) who is living in the place

The atmosphere was great, so many interesting people, the place was well kept and clean, the staff were lovely, Craig and the girl that also lives at the hostel (I forgot her name) but I think they should both get a bonus :))

• 24th Oct 2014

everything was so nice during our stay with my 4 friends, especially staff is so helpful and hardworking, the only negativity about our room was being out of the wifi zone and having only two sockets for 5 people, rack cabinets are disaster also :) It is not that much important for me, it was one of the cleanest hostel i have ever been, the hospitality was so nice and the cafe :) also you can walk everywhere, it is a small city though, i absolutely recommend.

Lovely and cozy hostel with very kind staff (they give hosts suggestions about what to do/see/visit in the city and they arrange pub crawl and nights out with locals). The hostel is located in a very central area, close to a very busy area (Rembrandtplein) and the zoo (a must-visit place!!)

I have stayed at a number of hostels in Amsterdam and this one was by far the best. As a solo traveller this place had atmosphere with a great communal space but was not located right in the middle of the red light district meaning you could party when you wanted but also chill if preferred. Facilities were also very tidy and the kitchen did not have a single fly which is very rare!

I thought Ecomama was an excellent hostel.. the staff were very helpful and the location was perfect. Not right in the middle of the crowded city centre where things get very loud and messy quite early in the night. The rooms are quite so you can catch some sleep once you are done partying in the city - a good place for solo travellers too. The only problem was the WiFi connectivity which wasn't available in the room - but this was probably temporary due to construction activities nearby..

I loved ecomama - the staff were great, a fantastic vibe with tunes playing in the common area. Great little touches including lavender under pillows. I would love to come stay again as is one of the best hostels ive been too.

Everything was 10/10 apart from we didn't get the room we asked for, even though the women said it was definitely no problem. Can't wait to return

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Great location, a very friendly and home from home atmosphere. Open plan kitchen, dining area is great. What I liked was the community board. If you are travelling alone it's a great way to go out as a group with others from the hostel and explore Amsterdam. A cool, trendy, hip, unpretentious, down to earth hostel. Staff that are informative and helpful. This place also opens as a organic cafe during the day, therefore always a nice atmosphere as you walk through the door. Totally recommend.

• 22nd Oct 2014

I had a great time here, I'd absolutely come back. The staff was very nice, specially Patricia, she's the best!

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Chile

Good Hostel with a great atmosphere in amsterdam, a city in which hostels get grungy pretty fast, would def recommend

You don't always get what you pay for. I hoped by paying more for a space while traveling that I would see some sort of results. No accommodation for check in times. Mistakes made with reservations. Very noisy night stuck in room next to food lobby. Furnishings are all recycled metal, cardboard and fabric done in an incredibly pretentious fashion. No value for what was spent. Also, I've learned to research locations better. Construction in front and far from sites & transportation.

Lovely hostel, wifi for the rooms was taken away near the beginning of our stay which was a bit inconvenient as we both needed it for work but it was still available in the common area. Also had some building work going on on some days so it was a little noisy at times. But it's really close to the centre and our room overlooked the canal which was lovely. Super comfy bed and good coffee from Filter at the front!

• 19th Oct 2014

One of the nicest hostels I've been to. Will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Amsterdam.

This place is nuts!! Chillest atmosphere I had in my trip. I met a lot of people an you just feel really good in general when your in there. I didnt even wanted to go out and visit, I wanted to chill in the tippi! Thanks guys, really enjoyed my stay!

We spent 3 nights in Ecomama and it was amazing! It was lovely to spend the day walking around Amsterdam and come back to the hostel where everyone was chilled and friendly. The communal areas are welcoming, clean and comfortable, and the staff are hard-working and sociable. We stayed in one of the deluxe en-suite double rooms which had a lovely view into the canal. It was so quiet! Ecomama is a treasure and we highly recommend it as the place to stay in Amsterdam!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

I am so in love with ecomama!! The staff is so stellar; they talk to you like you're already friends and they're really knowledgable when it comes to giving you info about events, sights, etc in the city. The atmosphere is super open concept and chill and the layout of the place sincerely makes it easy to meet others! Kitchen is amazing and a fully stocked beer fridge for a euro per beer :D People I met there are so insanely friendly.. I just have no more words - go there :)

• 16th Oct 2014

I loved staying at Ecomama. I'll definitely come back again. I love the kitchen area, and how it's so open and spacious. The staff was so courteous, they made plans for a pub crawl and a night in. I stayed in the 8 bedroom, my only thing was the mosquitoes that come in from the canal. It would be cool to install maybe some insect repellent. And maybe more powerpoints.

• 13th Oct 2014

Great hostel! I loved the kitchen and living area and also the details everywhere. :)