Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff were fantastic, really helpful and friendly. Hostel was extremely clean and well looked after, only a 10 min walk to red light district, so it is close enough to the action but far away enough from the noise.

• 26th Jun 2015

I can not begin to say how amazing this staff are. Incredible customer service from the introduction of the name, they are truly the best .. Clean sheets,great location and the perfect atmosphere.

• 25th Jun 2015

I absolutely loved my stay here at Ecomama. You feel comfortable and at home right away, as the staff give you a tour around the facilities and also a map + recommendations of what to do in the city. You can sense that they really enjoy what they do and that they genuinely care about your experience and enjoyment while you are at the hostel and in Amsterdam. Comfy beds, great wifi, ample plug Points, modern facilities, great atmostphere. I highly recommend this hostel.

Probably the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. The girls room is super cute, and the staff is so friendly, just Amazing!

In general, it is a good hostel. Having breakfast is a bit frustrating, though. I mean the kitchen has everything for you to use, but one has to provide oneself with everything to have a decent breakfast.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Such an amazing, friendly staff! Thanks for the amazing time. I'll definitely be coming back!

I wish I could have stayed longer. The hostel was very comfortable and felt like home. The staff was great. They were helpful and the other guests were wonderfull as well. It was only a short walk from the train station, coffee shops and the red light district, but was still very relaxed.

Everything is great. The staff are all really nice. The place is clean and you got everything there. You can cook and watch movie there or rent a bike and go for tours. Big spacious comfortable bed and clean too! Its really near to the metro and the central station. Perfect!

I loved the big "family" room that made meeting other people easy. The hostel had fun events and the staff were very knowledgable about the area and had great suggestions.

Nice staff and good location. Bathrooms were clean and beds were comfortable. I rented a bike from the hostel to ride around town. They had a delicious pasta dinner made by one of the employees on the night I stayed there. For only €4 I had a heaping bowl of homemade pasta and had a chance to meet some friends. Good place.

I really loved it here the staff was wonderful, meet some great people here. Would definitely stay again had a great time while I was there.

Great facilities (clean & fun) and friendly staff with good vibes

Clara & Craig did a great job.

EcoMama is amazing. Hands down best hostel I've stayed at. They have a nice open kitchen/hang out area which makes all the difference. Very easy to meet and hang out with other hostel guests. Location is absolutely perfect. It's not in the centrum, but it's right outside. They let you rent bikes, and have museum passes for rent to get you into almost all the museums. The guys that run it are in their 20s and 30s. Super friendly, they eat with the hostel guests.

You can improve it by adding some shelf in showers: now I can put my soap and shampoo only on the floor while bathing.

I stayed at EcoMama for just one night because I had to catch a flight the next morning. The staff were extremely nice and welcoming, the aesthetic of the hostel is amazing, and the fully functional kitchen is really great. I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm and slept reasonably well. If you book a private room note that they are converted shipping containers with thin walls and are also adjacent to the common area and therefore are probably louder at night than the shared rooms.

Ecomama was great. Very clean and the beds were so comfortable. The staff was helpful and the living room and kitchen are really great. There is a delicious coffee shop with sandwiches and snacks attached as well. We enjoyed our stay.

My favorite hostel ever. Best staff. The rooms weren't awesome but for the price, location and facilities it was so worth it. Awesome daily events.

Our stay at Ecomama was great. We were really amazed at how the hostel is managed, at how the guests are valued and at the place itself. It is easy to get to know people there, because of the structure that was built with this purpose. Really enjoyed!

• 6th Jun 2015

We spent a wonderful time in the Ecomama Hostel, the staff was very friendly, helpful and charming. Our room was clean and sufficient in facilities. We loved the atmosphere and the modern and creative decoration. The only minus was that it's not possible to regulate the temperature of the shower, it was nearly boiling. But overall, really a great address for a stay in Amsterdam, we couldn't have wished for more.

• 5th Jun 2015