Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Absolutely adorable hostel, super cool atmosphere, great staff. There's a bakery at the front that sells killer lemon bars. Have recommended all my friends visiting Amsterdam to stay here!

One of the best hostels i have ever stayed at. Location is good. Rooms are perfect and clean, bathrooms are clean and well layed out. kitchen if great and eating and social area is awesome. Many nights were spent sitting at the hostel playing games and talking with other guests, Great experience! Highly recommended

I loved the atmosphere at this hostel. Everyone who worked there was so friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others and would come back and stay here again!

The staff is excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The location is good, with a market nearby and it's easy to get to nice areas of town. Definitely a better place if you are looking for a relaxed environment. Was a little disappointed there wasn't more organized group tours/dinners/pub crawls. But I was there early in the week and it seems there are more activities on the weekends.

Thank you for choosing Ecomama. You are astute in your observation that activities are more prominent at weekends in the season. This reflects demand from guests and how populated the hotel is. If you have any suggestions or are looking for something to do, you will find that if the demand is there the reception staff will be very accommodating in organizing activities for you to enjoy. Thank you for the kind comments fellow traveler. Love Ecomama.

Another gem of a hostel. It's pretty chill but the staff (especially Ross and Chris) do an excellent job getting people engaged and talking in the common room. The owner is very nice, she obviously puts a lot of work into the atmosphere and aesthetics of this hostel. I met a lot of great people here and having a cafe inside was a big plus. The manager (not the owner) was disappointing. She provided poor service and was just not interested in solving problems in a way that benefited customers.

Beautiful hostel. Beds were ridiculously comfortable. Showers were plentiful and the whole place was exceptionally clean. I was expecting a bit more of a backpacker vibe but that is okay. Laundry service was reasonably priced and decently prompt. Location was excellent - nice walk to the centre and close to a supermarket. Also about a 20 minute walk to Amsterdam Centraal train station. Many lockers available. Staff were knowledgeable and able to assist with any queries plus give recommendations.

I loved ecomama!! It really felt like it was my home. The teepee was the best, so comfy and the swings were a fun touch! The staff were awesome I really enjoyed them especially a man named Ross, he was very helpful I'll be recommending it to everyone I know 10/10

Excellent recpetion, bed was OK, pillow was horrible. Common rooms are very large and nice atmosphere, dorms are a bit crowded.

• 30th Oct 2015

This place is so cool! Staff is awesome AND it was super super clean which I love. They have a key card which you need to unlock the gate and get inside the hostel. There's someone at the front desk most waking hours. Beds were comfy and the common area was spacious. The kitchen was well stocked -- there was a "free box" for supplies that others did not use (same with toiletries) and an "honesty fridge" where you could pay one euro and get a drink, a waffle, etc. There's a giant comfy couch :)

Beautiful cozy hostel! And the bar Filter is very good! We were very happy about everything!

• 30th Oct 2015

Ecomama Hostel was a very good place to spend the Week-end. It is well located in the city, close to the central station and center. People were very welcoming and prone to give us advices to visit the city and enjoy our trip. We spent a very good time!

• 30th Oct 2015

Ecomama was exceptional for the value. The 12 bed dorm wasn't too bad, but it was sparse. No lockers, no lights, nothing. I know it's supposed to be cheap but those simple amenities would be worth a little extra money. Staff was great, common areas were awesome, and location was perfect.

Situated in the central city but away from the noise, it's a 15 minute walk from the train station or 10 to the main shopping streets and red light district. Sizeable common areas and well appointed bathrooms. 2 minute walk to a very good supermarket. Recommended.

Such a great atmosphere with the comfiest hostel beds ever!! The kitchen is really well equipped and there are lots of places to relax and chill out! Staff are also really helpful and always get involved, special shoutout to Chris. Would definately stay at Ecomama again!

Absolutely loved this hostel !! I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was worth every penny, the beds are honestly sooo comfortable and each had a lamp and outlet. Location was perfect. The people were great and the kitchen is amazing and open 24/7. Super large common area and great vibe. Only thing I'd say was an issue was the shower pressure and the push buton showers. Other than that amazing stay, wish I'd stayed longer! Ross and Chris were awesome and very helpful. Cheers!

People that work there are super friendly!! Amazing atmosphere in the main hangout area! Great time there. Would definitely go back!!

Awesome hostel. Chris at the front desk was absolutely amazing. I decided to extend my trip in Amsterdam one night and chose this one not knowing what to expect; I wish I had stayed here all 4 nights. Chris outlined EVERYTHING I needed to see, giving me the choice of what I had time to accomplish. I recommend everyone rent a bike and bike around the city! Highlights: Amazing staff, great beds, great atmosphere and great location. Lowlights: Cost (but you pay for what you get).

A wonderful hostel, I want nothing to change.

Chris was very welcoming and kindly showed me an extensive map of the city. He also later kindly repeated everything because I immediately forgot it all. There is a big sense of community at the hostel, and the staff is committed to making everyone feel welcome (but without being pushy). Great place to stay if you are traveling alone and looking to make companions.

• 18th Oct 2015

Loved it! Great location, staff and rooms. I had a lovely time :)

• 15th Oct 2015