Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

When I visit Amsterdam again, I will stay at this hostel again! What a great place!

I had a great stay at Ecomama, it is definitely one of the best youngsters hostel i did in my life. So cozy and relaxing. People are sharing their adventures and knowledge and the living room is so lively. It felt so good being there. The hostel was really neat!

• Finland

My favourite hostel I've stayed at so far! I've been travelling for the past 6 months and I still have fond memories of ecomama. I've been there twice now and I'd definitely go back again! Just two stops from central station or a 15 walk, it's very easy to get to. The staff are amazing and they even partied with us when I was there. The hostel has daily events of things to do- which is a great way to meet fellow travellers.

• 4th Jun 2015

I loved this place! The staff were great fun and when they weren't working or were about to finish they would see if some people wanted to go out. They were all really friendly and casual, within a couple of hours i knew them all! The kitchen was great, you could eat whenever and whatever you wanted. It was really relaxed and a great place to meet people. Location wise it was really easy to get around. Easy to get to Centraal Station to connect to the entire city with trans an metro stops nearby

• Scotland

Ecomama was perfect for me. It had a really great vibe and it was super easy to meet people, but it was still nice and quiet and clean. They had a lot of really great activities planned that you could just jump right into. It was also in a really great location since it was easy to walk to a lot of central locations, but Amsterdam isn't very big, so that may not be saying much. I'd definitely stay there again.

Ecomama was a very clean hostel in my opinion. I enjoyed my stay at this hostel.

The showers were always hot! I had no idea how to turn them cold although I tried several things! I loved the kitchen especially, it's a very good one and a perfect space.

Awesome hostel with nice big kitchen, cool common room, great atmosphere and the activities that the hostel put on were always fun. The rooms were good size and the beds were clean and comfy. One of my favorite hostels i've stayed at so far.

This hostel sets itself apart from the chaotic feel of other hostels in Amsterdam. There was a great sense of community without being a party hostel. The place was very clean and staff were very helpful. I booked it last minute and am very glad I stayed there.

• 31st May 2015

This was the best experience at a hostel I have ever stayed at. I was very very impressed and would stay here again in a minute!

Great hostel, the staff is really helpfull ! If i go back to amsterdam again I will stay at Ecomama

Proper security; secured yet convenient. Location is within walking or biking distance of city center / centraal station. There's tram, metro and supermarket at the nearest intersection. Staff was super awesome. Very knowledgable and helpful. Atmosphere was balanced and really plays into everyone's comfort zone: very chill yet they can get the party started. The facilities are great. My main thing is bathrooms, and ecomama's set up is great. Fully enclosed stalls, plus dry area in the showers.

I only stayed one night but I loved it! Everything was super clean (a big thing for me) and the staff were friendly and eager to point out activities for your trip. I went in the middle of the week so prices were quite reasonable. They have cool classes and outings planned in the evenings and the bed was nice. Everything felt very safe and not sketchy. Will definitely try and stay longer if I ever go back to Amsterdam.

• 25th May 2015

Amazing staff, facilities and community. Love the kitchen and communal table set up. The staff went above and beyond.

The hostel was perfect. The price was not cheap, but it worsth each Euro. The staff is great, mainly CRAIG who gave us many tips to enjoy the best of Amsterdan! Ecomama always is promoting events to join the people! The lounge is perfect to make new friends! We stayed at double suite with bathroom and it was perfect!

Great hostel. Big kitchen and common areas and good location, best hostel I've stayed in. Very clean and comfortable.

• 22nd May 2015

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super clean, great wifi, good location, and awesome, knowledgable staff (I'm looking at you Clara & Craig!). Wouldn't recommend you staying anywhere else in Amsterdam

• 22nd May 2015

Where to even start with Ecomama...This hostel is possibly one of the best I've ever seen. Stayed here for 2 nights in a 5 bed dorm. The staff are excellent,Craig Checked us in and has an unbelievable knowledge of Amsterdam. Cooked dinner in the hostel, it's the best kitchen I've seen. The bedroom is so comfy, duck down pillows and duvet, spacious and secure. Their hostel events are very good (movie in the tee-pee). Rented bikes from them too. Definitely will recommend, cool vibe in this place.

Amazing hostel. Would recccomend it to everyone and go back next time I'm in Amsterdam!

• 18th May 2015

I loved they pay attention to every little detail in the hostal, even the nice surprise below the pillow!