Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Absolutely loved this hostel !! I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was worth every penny, the beds are honestly sooo comfortable and each had a lamp and outlet. Location was perfect. The people were great and the kitchen is amazing and open 24/7. Super large common area and great vibe. Only thing I'd say was an issue was the shower pressure and the push buton showers. Other than that amazing stay, wish I'd stayed longer! Ross and Chris were awesome and very helpful. Cheers!

People that work there are super friendly!! Amazing atmosphere in the main hangout area! Great time there. Would definitely go back!!

Awesome hostel. Chris at the front desk was absolutely amazing. I decided to extend my trip in Amsterdam one night and chose this one not knowing what to expect; I wish I had stayed here all 4 nights. Chris outlined EVERYTHING I needed to see, giving me the choice of what I had time to accomplish. I recommend everyone rent a bike and bike around the city! Highlights: Amazing staff, great beds, great atmosphere and great location. Lowlights: Cost (but you pay for what you get).

A wonderful hostel, I want nothing to change.

Chris was very welcoming and kindly showed me an extensive map of the city. He also later kindly repeated everything because I immediately forgot it all. There is a big sense of community at the hostel, and the staff is committed to making everyone feel welcome (but without being pushy). Great place to stay if you are traveling alone and looking to make companions.

• 18th Oct 2015

Loved it! Great location, staff and rooms. I had a lovely time :)

• 15th Oct 2015

Everything was great! Only book one night because didnt know if I'd like it, but then regret i didnt book all week because the place became full really quickly , dafentlly come here again! Cool staf and vibe! Bads are comfi, showers with hot water , you'll not regret staying here.

Best hostel I've ever been to, hands down!

No running water, no wifi. I was informed of maintenance work. But at no point did I see or hear anything about no plumping. No toilet facilities, no shower or running water. I would question the legality of renting a room with no windows. There is no air supply in the room or tomb. I fail to see how a room that opens up to a lobby of a functioning kitchen is private or safe. If there was a fire in the kitchen how could I safety get out?

• 13th Oct 2015

We are sorry that you have had a negative experience with Ecomama. The hours that plumbing was disrupted on this day was due to essential testing to ensure that our water quality was in compliance with government regulations. The shabby cabin you booked was advertised as not having windows. Other maintenance being performed this day was to install air conditioning to supply these cabins. We take fire safety very seriously and comply with all laws regarding this. Fire exit adjacent to your cabin.

This place is pretty cute and it's close to everything. I've heard that the atmosphere is normally pretty quite, but it was amazing when I was there... I guess it'll just depending on the people staying while you're there. Overall, it's a pretty cool spot in Amsterdam. Also, if you get a room overlooking the canal, it's a pretty sweet view.

I LOVED ecomama! The staff were very kind, helpful, and sociable. Everything was clean, and new. There were even swings in the common area- how awesome is that. This is definitely not a party hostel but a great place to meet other travelers and have a good nights rest. If I'm ever back in Amsterdam, I will definitely be staying here again.

It was my first time to stay in a hostel and my first time in Amsterdam. I am very impressed with Ecomama and it exceeded my expectations. The beds are confortable and the toilets and rooms are clean. I like the common areas as well. It feels very much like home. I like the kitchen and the areas where wecan relax and lounge. I like the location too coz i just walked around the city. The neighborhhod is safe. A big supermarket nearby and close to tram and metro stations. 2 thumbs up for Ecomama!

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at Ecomama, wish we had been there longer than two nights. We will definitely come back! The staff are so incredibly friendly and make you feel right at home. The common room is so gorgeous you don't want to hang out anywhere else! We also really enjoyed the coffee shop, Filter, in the front. The girls working there were so nice! Thanks to everyone for making our stay so wonderful. X

• 12th Oct 2015

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this hostel. The decor was really nice and comfy. Fully equipped and lots of space. The staff was also very helpful and the fact that it was connected to a very nice cafe was also a perk.

Hip atmosphere with funky decorating conducive to meeting other world travelers. Definitely rent bikes from here while you're in Amsterdam! Best way to get around, and the new bikes are really legit.

• 8th Oct 2015

I loved the fitout of this hostel, it's very cool! Beds are comfy and the facilities are great. The coffee shop out the front is great for breakfast too. I found the staff hard to find a couple of times (there is a walkie talkie at reception to contact them but I couldn't get through), but that said, they were still very friendly and helpful when they were there. Easy walking distance to the red light district. I'd definitely come back!

If I'd be back to Amsterdam, I'll choose again this hostel! Everything was great!

• 6th Oct 2015

This is the best hostel I have yet to stay in, I don't have a single complaint or criticism! Staff was absolutely amazing and they even took us out for a night on the town on their night off. Everything was clean, the location was great - within walking distance to everywhere but not in a loud neighbourhood. Amazing, amazing stay! I will definitely stay here again the next time I return to Amsterdam!

Thank you guys so much for everything. Let's say it was GRAND. Oh wait, more than that. I had such a good time! Loved it at Ecomama. Defoooo coming back :)

I enjoyed my stay here. The common areas are exceptional. I was in the 12 bed dorm which I thought was a little average (but cheapest option) - no bedside plugs or lights & often rubbish left near/under the vacated beds. The teepee & kitchen facilities were really wonderful. The only real criticism is if you arrive after hours you are expected to phone reception - impossible if you are backpacking without an EU sim card & there are no payphones. Had to wait for 3 hours until the opening time.