Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Absolutely fantastic experience. Wish i could have stayed longer. The staff - especially Craig, Clara and Patricia were all incredibly friendly and welcoming. Tons of local activities and group events to make it very easy to meet new people at the hotel. Would love to stay there again. One minor point is that the location is not very obvious and the signs are not clear. Entrance is located behind the cafe 'Filtered'.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We really enjoyed staying here. The common areas are all clean and fun to hang out in, and they were very accommodating, allowing us to check in early and store our luggage late on our last day. The hostel was quiet, even in dorms. The little snacks and drinks they keep on hand for a euro are a great idea.

Without a doubt the most aesthetically pleasing hostel I have ever stayed in. The facilities are top notch and also they seem to be environmentally responsible. The staff was great, Clara led a great trip to the brouweri'j t'ij and we all had a great time. Very very nice hostel especially for meeting people and having an enjoyable time in Amsterdam.

This is the hostel I ever been...I been here one week and I felt like at home, great location, great great stuff, (Clara and Craig were were very helpful), very clean and access to the kitchen at any time, this place is awesome! Next time I come in Amsterdam I won't even bother to check for other place, this is my place, Ecomama see you next year :)

Excellent, highly recommend!!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

This hostel is great. Huge open space common area, comfortable beds, nice easy stroll into town and great hostel events. A special thanks to Clara and Craig for making my stay.

This was a very convenient location and had a great vibe that was conducive to meeting people. The staff were friendly, helpful and had very good English. I kissed the intern Craig on the cheek when he found my public transport card that I'd lost. Thank you for a great stay.

• 14th Apr 2015

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Never given 100% to a hostel before but I couldn't find any faults with this one. The setup is awesome, really cool hipster vibe. Atmosphere is amazing, met so many cool people during my stay. The tent in the common room is the best idea, such a cool place to chill on the arvo or after a late night. Staff really helpful and friendly. Beds really comfortable, and they even give you a relaxant thingo under your pillow. Would highly recommend!!!

the staff was really helpful. But I think there was a lack of plugs in the rooms.

the staff went out of there way to be helpful and were always friendly

• 13th Apr 2015

Though we were only there a few days we were able to pack in all we wanted and more thanks to Clara ' s awesome advice. While all the crew was helpful in making our stay go as smoothly as possible, Clara made the hostel feel like a home away from home!

Such a great feeling to walk into a place that actually feels like home. The staff are very professional yet treated us like friends and it was a chill environment to come back to after a day of exploring the city! Hot showers and a great view from the shared rooms!

• 13th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I have ever been and believe me I ve been to billions of them in Asia, Oceania, Canada and of course Europe. The team is brilliant (Clara and Craig) did a great job. I ll definitely recommend this place to my friends who go to Amsterdam! :-) :-) Harry the Belgian

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Very nice hostel and helpful staff. Kitchen is well equipped apart from no oven. Plenty of showers and always clean

Very good Hostel. Loved that they have many showers so you dont have to wait. Female Room very comfortable.

Great stay in Ecomama! Friendly staff, nice simple and clean room, common area was great with some unique takes on comfort from anywhere else in the city. Location a 10 minute walk from the centre (RLD) but easily walked. Will be staying here again on my return to the city!

• 9th Apr 2015

We had a double bed private with a bathroom and it was quite spacious. The bathroom was really large and very clean as was the room. Really nice plaxe

Really cool hostel with a sweet vibe. Staff were great the whole time we were there. Really cool common room, nice features. The deluxe double room was really nice, looking out onto one of the canals.

Ecomama had an amazing staff. Gave a great run down of the city and the events hosted by the hostel were great! Craig was awesome and his bike tour north of Amsterdam was a great experience. Felt at home and the kitchen was beautiful. looked straight out of a hipster magazine. A super market is down the block so it was accessible to make your own food. Location was great, 10 minute walk from the Red light district. Atmosphere was great! met some cool people from the events

Giant epic kitchen and tent were awesome and the rooms were an excellent size with a really decent layout and very excellent beds. However the atmosphere was a bit sterile with people keeping to their own groups so maybe not ideal if travelling solo. Cant fault the location either, near to the centre and 20mins walk to the train station.