Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Beautiful hostel! Staff was extremely friendly, had lots of activities offer, and hostel atmosphere was very cozy. Although it does run on the high end, price wise, considering how expensive Amsterdam is in general, it was definitely worth every penny. Ecomama has the highest of my recommendations!

GREAT hostel. Fantastic environment, helpful staff and awesome people. Probably our favourite hostel after 2 weeks of travelling in Europe. It's secure and very clean. It's not far from the metro station, close to a grocery store and reasonable distance from the canals and downtown core. We had an extremely enjoyable stay and I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to Amsterdam.

An Excellent hostel with a great feel about the place, top facilities and social opportunities would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Amsterdam! 10/10 !!!!

• 23rd Mar 2015

It was an awesome time and the hostel was the beautyfullest hostel/hotel I've ever seen! The employees were always polite and helped you with everything 😊 thanks Craig and Clara for the awesome time I had! 😊

I found it strange there was no one on reception at night. If someone got in the front door they were into the hostel.

The female room is really girly (nice) and the beds are super comfortable! it's a good hostel with a nice staff (the welcome is very warm and they give you tips about the city). One problem is that the lockers inside the room are not that big (a regular backpack does not fit in them). The showers have a place to change (what it's great, because the pants do not get wet) and they are really hot. I got a little lost to get there from the metro station (the directions could be improved).

This would be a great place to meet people (the people are willing to chat and the environment is conducive to it), but I didn't really click with anyone (perhaps this is my fault for staying in a large tourist city during the week of Easter holiday). On the other hand, they had cool design magazines to read and the full-time live-in staff were pretty cool. Overall, it was a bit pricy but had the potential to be mind blowing.

We really enjoyed staying at the Ecomama Hostel! It's really close to the city center, very very clean and actually the most beautiful hostel, we've ever stayed in (great common room with a nice open kitchen, a big table, sofas and A TENT)... Also there is a nice Café in front of the reception, where you can buy really cheap breakfast, snacks, etc.

It is an interesting place, feels like a warehouse though so not an intimate feeling in the large open common space. Our basic private room was one of four small window-less cubes just behind the common areas so quite noisy- earplugs were a must. Basic means concrete floor and two single beds made of unfinished plywood, which were quite comfy. A bit disappointing when the photos on the website are all quirky rooms with windows. One common toilet and shower area.

Hostel was great, though a little bit of a walk from the centre of where I wanted to be everyday. Clean, fantastic kitchen, and the bathroom was also great. I would stay here again for sure, just maybe rent a bike!

Very stylish and clean hostel and easy to walk to everything in Amsterdam. Fairly social if you make the effort to talk to others. Not a huge party atmosphere but that was a good thing for me. Only issue is that the lockers in the female dorm only lock with a very large padlock, otherwise it is really easy to open. They do sell padlocks that work though.

Great atmosphere at the hostel with lots of insight on whats going on in the city! Our room was clean but we thought we were getting a double bed room but we got 2 twins, not there fault I should have inquired before... You can cook and store food so your not eating out for every meal. The staff was always around for a board game and made our stay a lot of fun!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

• 12th Mar 2015

The only problem was that the lockers are outside the rooms. But the hostel was really great!

Very nice place to stay in Amsterdam, close and far enough from the tourist madness

This is one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. The staff, Craig and Clara, were outstanding. Friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for walking to everything. A grocery store is right around the corner. The rooms were clean and charming. Plenty of toilets and showers. I will be back!

Enjoyable and clean hostel. Clara, Craig, and Patricia are all very nice and know the city well and are happy to point out what's worth seeing/doing around the city. Facilities are nice as well.

Hostel was great, we really enjoyed our stay at Ecomama, However I did book a room with a double bed and we were given a room with two twin beds that could not be moved together. This wasn't ideal as the trip was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. Staff were apologetic but did not offer us anything else in compensation. We appreciated that they were fully booked and had no double room to move us to until the last night but the apology wasn't really sufficient.

• 6th Mar 2015

Cool hostel, close to everything and has a really chilled vibe. The staff were really helpful and nice and they have cheap bike hire. Would definitely stay there again.

Very cool hostel, super nice staffs. Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed. Will definitely come back.