Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel has the BEST kitchen and common area ever! It is a wonderful open concept living/cooking/dining area that is beautiful and great to meet other travellers in. The teepee to lounge in is a really cool touch. The staff are also very helpful in giving tips about what to see and do.

Staff was beyond helpful, they actually hang out and get to know the guests. Clara in particular was really great. The facilities are clean and comfortable. It's a beautiful space, the best hostel I've ever stayed at.

Hipsters ... Hipsters EVERYWHERE!

I'm still at Ecomama, extended my stay by a few days, that's how wonderful this hostel is. The location is lovely, and the people here are just the same! The hostel is creative and colorful with a cute coffee shop in the front! The hostel is also right next to the waterlooplein markets, which are an awesome stop for anyone who loves vintage and secondhand shopping! I hope to stay here again soon and I haven't even left yet! Thank you Ecomama!

It was a great stay and I would definitely come back to this hostel in Amsterdam. Especially the tour with Craig was lots of fun and is recommendable.

Some of the staff members shouldn't be there, one of them seemed to be frustrated because of their incompetence and took their anger out on me. That alone made my stay unenjoyable.

Excellent ecologically oriented facility with attentive staff, great location and wonderful cafe attached!

• 28th Nov 2014

The general vibe of the hostel was excellent. Being my first time in Amsterdam I wasn't sure what to expect but will definitely be going back and hopefully staying at Ecomama again. The staff were a great laugh and very helpful to us Scots who didn't have a clue what we were doing at points! Also the Tee-Pee is absolutely top notch! Cheers, guys!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was awesome. I loved the whole eco-friendly theme. The staff was great. The crowd was very hipster, yet social. We stayed in a private room and the room was very comfortable. It was a converted old storage container with everything made of recycled materials! The hostel even has bike rentals and the showers have limits. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Amsterdam who wants a unique experience outside of the red light district that's more chill and not a party hostel.

Love the hostile, it shouldn't be even called a hostile. Staff was super except for one girl who seems to be on a mission to prove she's worst than the puppies killer in 101 Dalmatians. WOULD GO AGAIN EVERYTIME IM IN AMSTERDAM.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Laos

Loved this place!! Very large common area. With great kitsch area. very friendly and kind staff. Nice location away from city center but walking distance into the action.

Love this hostel. The staff is fantastic, the kitchen is great. Everything is very clean and comfortable. I'd absolutely go back.

A little hard to find, with the name of the hostel being so small on the building.

Brand new and they've got everything a good Hostel needs..

The hostel is amazing. Well located making it easy to reach the center and red light district. In the same building of the hostel, in front of the reception there is a coffee place for breakfasts and other last minute snacks. Fun and well furnished hang out area (super modern). Super helpful staff, specially Clara. She took us to the pub crawl, help us with doubts, and made us company during drinking games night! Awesome experience.

The hostel was absolutely amazing. With a café at he front, we didn't notive it straight away but once we went in our stay was just made a million percent better! We were greeted by a member of staff at the hostel who was friendly, informative and really helpful. We were able to keep our bags there before check in and after checkout which was really handy.The facilities and features in this hostel added to the comfort of the group and would like to thank Ecomama for adding value to our stay.

• 15th Nov 2014

The setup of the common area was very whimsical, creative and fun. Everywhere you looked that was something interesting to look at. The bathrooms were super clean. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. The beds were very comfortable and the blankets provided were down filled, so very warm! Which was needed. It seemed like the heater by my bed was not working and it was quite drafty sleeping by the window. That was the only drawback for me. It was a pleasure staying here.

Excellent hostel, ideal location in walking distance to all main attractions, friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended and great value for money

Went to Amsterdam for the weekend! Hostel is in a perfect location! Security is really safe! Facilities are good And showers and toilets are extremely clean! Lived up to all the good reviews! Has a cafe selling tasty food and a munchie box which you put money in if you eat something out of it! staff were super friendly and gave us advice where to go. Only 2 plugs in the 12 bed dorm but not an issue at all! Had an amazing experience and would defo stay here again!

Just stayed at Ecomama for a couple nights and it was such a fun experience! The staff is great - friendly and extremely helpful. They offer you free maps and give tons of great suggestions for things to see/do in Amsterdam. The cafe connected to the hostel is great option for food/coffee. The hostel was clean and I loved the open kitchen area. It was a great place to meet other travellers. The hostel's location is close to the Red Light District but is still in a quiet part of town.