Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We stayed in a 2 person "cabin". It had no windows, minimal lighting, and was claustrophobic. The bathroom was co-Ed, which we were unaware of before booking. The hostel felt like it was "trying too hard," making many things un-fung-shway. We wished the staff was better at recommending places to eat nearby. For the amount we paid, we definitely would not stay there again.

The record layer is an excellent touch.

Ecomama has such a lovely environment - really relaxed and comfortable. The staff are super friendly. Great having a cafe on site. Easy walking distance to most things and close to a metro station. Only thing that would have been good is in room lockers that fit your bag and the pillows are completely flat. Would definitely recommend Ecomama and would stay there again happily!

Ecomama has such an amazing vibe. The facilities were great, and they had everything I could think of. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Camiel and Clara! Ecomama has to be the best hostel in Amsterdam. I was seriously impressed.

• 4th Nov 2014

Ecomama was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The place is clean, the staff are VERY friendly, and overall it was a very accommodating place. I'd stay again if given the chance.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Best hostal I've ever stayed in! Amazing place and very cool people. Wouldnt stay anywhere else if Im ever back

• 3rd Nov 2014

Outstanding place, nice staff and a welcoming atmosphere. My girlfriend and I totally recommend staying at Ecomama while being in Amsterdam! ^^

Ecomama provided an amazing hostel experience. This hostel is for a traveler not looking to be in the midst of a 24/7 party; rather, this hostel offers the choice to go out and party or to relax and explore the city as if you are living in your own place. The staff is truly amazing too, and had a huge contribution to my positive stay in the hostel. Specifically, I would like to thank Craig, Patricia, Clara and Mel for the hospitality they provided.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! The only downside was that it took 10-15 minutes to walk into the city centre, other than that I couldn't have asked for anything better! Relaxed and friendly environment and the fact that you can cook and store food also helps if you've got a budget. Staff are very helpful and friendly, I will definitely be using the hostel again!

• 28th Oct 2014

Excellent choice. Very friendly, polite and helpful staff (Craig, Patricia and Claire), very confy place and especially located in a quiet place but close to the city center. Probably one of the best hostels we've been,

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, a bit of construction noise during my stay which at times was not so nice but all to make the great facilities they have even better. Enjoyed this hostel so much I extended my stay.

I stayed here on a Sunday eve, having a job interview the next day. The 8 bed dorm was spacious, the bunk beds are great with electricity/light for each, but the WIFI was not working so well. They stored kindly my computer at the reception as I forgot my lock! Great spacy interior, great staff. Fully booked but didn't notice even. Relax atmosphere, 17 min walk from Central Station, 10 min from the center. Huge supermarket around the corner. Will stay again!

This hostel has a spirit. It's not like soulless profit machine kind of hostels you may found at every corner of Ams. Uniquesness comes from the staff (Patricia, Craig, Claire) who is living in the place

The atmosphere was great, so many interesting people, the place was well kept and clean, the staff were lovely, Craig and the girl that also lives at the hostel (I forgot her name) but I think they should both get a bonus :))

• 24th Oct 2014

everything was so nice during our stay with my 4 friends, especially staff is so helpful and hardworking, the only negativity about our room was being out of the wifi zone and having only two sockets for 5 people, rack cabinets are disaster also :) It is not that much important for me, it was one of the cleanest hostel i have ever been, the hospitality was so nice and the cafe :) also you can walk everywhere, it is a small city though, i absolutely recommend.

Lovely and cozy hostel with very kind staff (they give hosts suggestions about what to do/see/visit in the city and they arrange pub crawl and nights out with locals). The hostel is located in a very central area, close to a very busy area (Rembrandtplein) and the zoo (a must-visit place!!)

I have stayed at a number of hostels in Amsterdam and this one was by far the best. As a solo traveller this place had atmosphere with a great communal space but was not located right in the middle of the red light district meaning you could party when you wanted but also chill if preferred. Facilities were also very tidy and the kitchen did not have a single fly which is very rare!

I thought Ecomama was an excellent hostel.. the staff were very helpful and the location was perfect. Not right in the middle of the crowded city centre where things get very loud and messy quite early in the night. The rooms are quite so you can catch some sleep once you are done partying in the city - a good place for solo travellers too. The only problem was the WiFi connectivity which wasn't available in the room - but this was probably temporary due to construction activities nearby..

I loved ecomama - the staff were great, a fantastic vibe with tunes playing in the common area. Great little touches including lavender under pillows. I would love to come stay again as is one of the best hostels ive been too.

Everything was 10/10 apart from we didn't get the room we asked for, even though the women said it was definitely no problem. Can't wait to return

• 22nd Oct 2014