Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel. Right near the Supermarket. The kitchen and common area made for a great place to meet people. The staff also described what the major attractions in Amsterdam upon arrival. Centrally located.

It was a very nice experience and happened to meet lot of cool people from around the world. The staff from the hostel are very friendly, a nice ambience and feel like home.

Cute little hostel. Very near to metro station (4/5 mins walk). Can walk to red light district easily and to the centre of Amsterdam. On arrival, reception staff were lovely and gave us a map and answered any questions we had. Lovely kitchen facilities.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Overall a very good experience, would definitely go back, both to the Hostel and to Amsterdam.

• 21st Jul 2014

Absolutely love this hostel!! The atmosphere is good, the staff are friendly and the rooms are amazing ! Stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was very specious !! Although they didn't have massive lockers in the room to fit your suitcase they still had smaller lockers for you to store your valuables which isn't a problem at all!! Definitely coming back again! 😀

The showers were a little strange that you had to keep pressing a button for hot water, but the beds were clean and comfortable and the kitchen was beautiful and easy to store your own food

Location okay, it's close enough to walk to everything but it's a bit out of the way. A little bit sketchy at night but I never felt unsafe going home. Facilities are nice and clean as well! Would stay there again.

NEVER get a private room here!!! Terrible it's literally a wooden box with no window or air conditioning and while we were there it was 100 degrees so we would be waking up multiple times during the night sweating. Also don't stay here if you're young and want to party. Lame atmosphere. Would not stay here again.

Very friendly staff and lovely services considering it was a basic room. However the showers stalls could have benefitted from some extra cleaning during the day and the sheet set provided was not clean. Otherwise my stay was great!

• 17th Jul 2014

The "eco-friendly" showers were not great. I'd prefer to have a consistently warm shower that only lasts 2 minutes than one that goes from hot to cold and turns itself off randomly. Also the common area had a really weird atmosphere. I always felt very watched and I felt I couldn't make a lot of noise. This was a nice hostel, but I wouldn't describe it as charming.

• 14th Jul 2014

This hostel is brilliant! Perfect vibe, great facilities, lovely staff and perfect location! The only negative thing is that you could not access wifi in the rooms!

Great kitchen, panoramic room on the canal, shared toilets and showers ok. No hair dryer in the showers area. Bicycle hire shop close to the hostel (14 euro for 24h with insurance and discount for the hostel guests), bike rack in front of the entrance. Breakfast not included. Supermarket at 5 min walking distance (in the kitchen there is some free food). Staff friendly and helpful. *****

Great vibes and friendly staff!

I had a great time staying at Ecomama. The staff

I just want to say that after reading the reviews I had high expectations for this place. Upon arrival I going the atmosphere to be pretty much nonexistent, unless your consider a room full of people on their phones/laptops to be fun. This did not change though out my stay. Everything else was fantastic though.

There was no lockers in the room I was staying in, however I did manage to get a locker outside of my room, this was by chance only and not a guarantee. The hostel was in my opinion too far away from the main sections of Amsterdam. On the plus side if you are staying awhile and on a budget this hostel does have a good kitchen and a super market close by for groceries to do your own cooking. I personally will not be staying again due to security and location.

I could stay at this hostel very luckly as two other people had just canceled at the day. It would probably be one of the best hostels you can find in Amsterdam. Very clean and great atmosphere especially in common area. The cafe in front of the hostel is pretty cool as well. Though wifi does not work well in the room. I would definitely stay here again when I go back to Amsterdam :)

Wifi didn't work in the rooms and was very weak anyway. Nothing Eco about ecomama other than the showers. Good people work and stay there. Very clean.

I have all the best to say about this hostel, had a great stay and would come back again but there are several small-medium things that are a slight downside: - There were 7 beds, but only 4 lockers - There were no bed/night lights - There are no electric sockets near the beds and overall, not enough sockets in the dorm - The exposed pipes on the ceiling can be quite noisy - The showers and toilets are mixed - Wifi connection was bad, probably because the dorms are in 'souterrain'

Location was ok. Staff was good helpful. Hostel was nice and simple. There was no computers to use. Had to ask and share laptop. For price u pay its average.

• 8th Jul 2014