Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really liked this place, great stocked kitchen and huge common area, comfy beds with power, wifi. Atmosphere excellent, not crazy/annoying, but the big common table encouraged guests to chat and hang out. All very clean. Staff really friendly and helpful. Not right in hectic city centre, but still very short walk. Highly recommend this place.

This hostel is unique! Very cosy and comfortable. Good location - in center, but still not in the very middle, so that it takes you only 10 min to reach the heart of Amsterdam. Friendly and attentive staff (thanks for explaining me how to reach all notable places of attraction on foot:) I really enjoyed the Atmosphere of Ecomama!! You feel yourself like at home, contented and happy. I only can advise travelers to come over and check the coolest hostel out!!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Ukraine

It was a very hood hostel. I really thank Patricia for being so attentive. I would go again.

Very relaxing vibes, extremely helpful staff. So glad we chose this hostel. The most pleasant! Also, wonderfully comfortable and clean beds! I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Had a very pleasant stay. Nice and cool place!

The hostel is very nice, but the staff lady was very rude to us because we arrived at 3 AM. The website says its a 24h reception and that's why we chose this hostel, so I don't understand why we where treated so poorly. Wouldn't go back to this hostel because of this experience.

We had a fantastic long weekend, the staff here were super friendly and the facilities were excellent. We also had a fantastic canal view from our room and there is no way we could have found such high quality in a similarly priced hotel. Ecomama had used their imaginations to create beautiful and well designed furnishings and decorations. The next time we're in Amsterdam, we'll definitely be back staying here.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

I came with my mom and these are her comments "I snore loudly, thats why I choose a private double room with a shared bathroom. However the room was like a wooden box without any windows, just only a small hole at the ceiling corner as ventilation. Also those five private rooms are right next to the common area and the kitchen, so you can hear everyone's laughing and talking. I had dreadful sleeping and hardly seek for any alterative on my tight budget." For me, ecomama has great wifi.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great hostel. It's a little ways from the center of Amsterdam, but you can still walk to all of the attractions. The staff was super awesome and helpful. The wifi however did not reach our rooms and the lockers were outside the rooms. Otherwise this hostel was great.

To be fair, this establishment was not what I thought it would be compared to the pictures and description on line. I probably should have read a bit more about it. I did not care for the cabins as they were too small and had no window. Not sure of their fire standards in Europe but I don't think it's safe to have an electronic security door on a room with no window as there would be no means of getting out if there was a fire. Staff were friendly but not as friendly as other hostels.

The hostel is convenient for the tram and Waterlooplein. The staffs are really friendly. A good place to stay in Amsterdam^^

Close to metro. open kitchen is big & clean. Friendly staff, their advise for attractions was great.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Perfect location for a perfect time in Amsterdam. We had a double room with ensuit facing the canal. Awsome choice for any matter!! Thumbs up for this one

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Just one girl from reception wasn't d Good I do to remember her name but with short hair. The Spanish one gives excellent guidance from the city and hospitality service.

Towels should be for free

I was there per 2 days and the staff is very kind and friendly! it has a good location to the town like 15 min walking the rooms are very clean! i will stay there again if im back...

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Ecomama had such a great atmosphere and common area which made it easy to meet people! The kitchen is fully stocked with whatever you may need and there is a grocery store 2 minutes away. I definitely recommend staying here!

Hostel was a 20 minute walk from the train station and an easy walk to various sites in the city. They were very friendly at reception and gave us a good walk through on a map. There were limited lockers. The larger room didn't have individual electrical outlets.

The bathroom in my private room smelled like pee. The maid came in everyday and folded our wet towels which meant we couldn't tell which belonged to who and they didn't dry. Other than that it was a great experience.

• 10th Jun 2014

We enjoyed our stay at eco mama. The staff helped us out when the day before we realized that we had only booked one bed but needed 2. It was on the pricey side but the kitchen was great! The reception is only open from 9-9 though which isn't awesome. But other than that we really liked our stay. Beds were super comfy and we liked the location