Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Lovely room, perfect for our group. The atmosphere was incredible from the first night to our last remaining moments. I really enjoyed the staff who took extraordinary care of us. My one friend has had a shoulder operation in the past few months, and asked for another pillow, and it was not a problem. Also, the way the staff welcomed each of us into the hostel was amazing, I have never felt more welcomed at any other hostel in the world!

One of the more unique hostels I've stayed in. They have a tepee! Look for Craig when you go there, awesome and generous guy. Would definitely stay there again, actually, I would stay there forever if I could...

lovely, lovely hostel. really cool vibes, clean, secure, cheap bike hire, good location (near stuff, but not too central) friendly and enthusiastic staff (shout-out to craig for being hilarious and helpful w everything) great for solo travellers, with a large common area and hostel-run events - 10/10 would stay again

This is the best hostel I stayed in on my 2 month journey across Europe. Paul and Craig are some of the best people around and will make your experience there truly worthwhile. The rooms are extra comfy and not to crammed and the kitchen-lounge area is perfect for resting up or making a quick meal to eat. The atmosphere is wonderful, you will definitely make close friends here so don't worry if you're traveling alone. Don't miss out staying at this hostel, it is the best around.

I only stayed here for one night, but the staff was very friendly. It seemed like a great place.

This place is awesome. The staff is great and like to have a good time, as we all do. The vibe is nice and chill and the kitchen/lounge area is perfect. awesome beds, showers, and other facilities including the trippy tee-pee. In-hostel bike rentals were extremely convenient and a great idea. Honestly have nothing bad to say about the place. Preciate the experience EcoMama!

• 28th Jan 2015

This is a great hostel to stay in. The atmosphere was very chill and it was easy to meet people. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Only complaint is that you cannot adjust the water temperature in the showers. It was fine for me, but if you like cooler showersshowers it might be an issue for you.

• 28th Jan 2015

Incredibly helpful staff, gave me a good map and explained the key places to visit in Amsterdam. Good atmosphere, cosy communal area encourages guests to hang around and chat. Only downside was the lack of hairdryer- the only one they had was missing. Other than that awesome hostel, would recommend without hesitation!

Really nice place. Close to most things you should see in Amsterdam. Awesome eco vibe! And the common areas are the best. Really made me feel at home!

• 25th Jan 2015

Best hostel i've ever been!! This place is amazing. Absolutely clean and best place to meet new people. Mel, Craig and Clara are friendly, hardworking staffs and they are extremely helpful! (Tons of works to do and think they need more staffs too). It feels like this hostel is my home in Amsterdam :)

Great hostel. Lovely relaxed atmosphere -- Clara was wonderful and made us feel really at home. Will definitely come back!

• 22nd Jan 2015

Lovely place with fantastic staff and a chilled friendly feel. Some bits of construction work still going on but they kept this to after 10am so not really a problem. Cafe at the front that home-bakes amazing chocolate cookies, far too tempting, forced to buy one every day. Luckily had bikes to rent so could burn it off :)

The best hostel I've stayed in! The common area and kitchen are close together so you can easily find someone to make friends with if you're a solo traveller. Bedroom was exactly as pictured, bathrooms clean and there are communal shampoos/conditioners that you can use! I cannot rate this hostel highly enough, you simply must stay here!!

Excellent!

Lovely cozy happy hostel! :) Craig who welcomed us was the sweetest of all staff, the others just didn't seem very helpful. The wifi signal in the rooms downstairs was weak. Rooms and bathroom nice and clean, basically all the rest was fine, we enjoyed our stay and would come back again :)

staff were mostly good except the overweight lady who was being mean to me for no apparent reason, which actually really pissed me off as i was tired and it was kinda late. if this place had free breakfast or larger lockers in the rooms it would be the best hostel in amsterdam. but alas it probly is second best to 'flying pig uptown'. still really solid hostel and super unique cool vibes, best positive is the kitchen facilities are super impressive, and bathrooms are great.

• 16th Jan 2015

Relaxing, funky place with an awesome atmosphere. Beds were super comfy, kitchen was really cool and fully equipped and bathrooms and rooms were really clean. Only problem we had was that we were getting on a bus the morning after and the staff promised that our washing would be done the night before. In the morning our washing had been left in the machine soaking wet. When we did get our wet washing most of it had turned blue from something else in the machine. Apart from that great place!

Ecomama is a very nice hostel. The members of staff were great, and their common room and kitchen set up is fantastic. The location was good for walking anywhere of interest within the city. The hostel offers bike rentals, and the cafe located at the entrance is a great place to start the day with a cappuccino.

Such an awesome hostel, will definitely be back!!! Great common area (there's a freakin tipi to chill in...), super comfortable bed, extremely clean which is always appreciable for a hostel... Cool people and really warm and welcoming staff especially Clara and Craig... I definitely recommend this place!!

Awesome place, would stay again. Cheapest bike hire you'll get in Amsterdam. Really clean bathrooms and super comfy beds. Lovely staff with the exception of the woman in her early 30s with short brown hair... she needs a serious attitude adjustment. Rude...