Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Crew Craig is good.but his colleague the lady is suck

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

A lovely place to stay, great facilities, really friendly. Kitchen was easy to use, wifi worked really well and good showers.

Super cozy and chill, I spent a lot of time reading/just hanging out in their teepee and met some cool people in there. Pretty small so it's easy to meet people but also quiet enough to rest. Beds are more comfortable than mine at home. Very clean bathrooms and also offered laundry service! And super nice staff which organizes activities and helps you out with absolutely anything you need.

• 16th Feb 2015

Friendly staff, handy that it's connected to a café for breakfast, and as always interesting guests. And the indoor tipi with the sofas and beds inside was the perfect place to crash after a night time out on the town.

• 15th Feb 2015

We really enjoyed staying at Ecomama. The staff were really nice, particularly Craig, who was lovely; really friendly and helpful. The place was clean with a nice chilled out and relaxed vibe. Would definitely recommend.

• 14th Feb 2015

I absolutely loved my stay at Ecomama. The staff was super friendly and helpful; the hostel is super clean and nice. It's more or less 15 min on foot from the center and less than 5 min from the tram.

Hmmm...That was gr8...one of best stays i had in europe...Staff was very cooprative...they made the stay like feel home...facilities was giod...specually the longe for social gatherings...i stayed there fo 3 nights...it was overall a good stay...i will definitly visit again

I stayed in a 12-bed dorm for one night and it was awesome! The hostel is very well located, clean, has a great atmosphere and the staff is really friendly. I met many nice people from all over the world. Anytime again!

Friendly environment, very nice staff. It has a shared kitchen, which is great.

It's rare to find a hostel where staying in and just engaging with follower travellers is a better night then going out! The entire experience was chill and engaging from the staff to the other visitors at this hostel!! I would really recommend to solo female travellers like myself as well! The female only dorm was one of the most comfortable sleeps I've had in a while and it's so close to city centre and area feels safe and the nearest supermarket is a plus too!! Loved it

• 10th Feb 2015

We prefer to stay in hostels when we travel & Ecomama is one of the best. Staff were awesome, kitchen area was brilliant, room was amazing, clean, Eco friendly and the showers were nice & hot with a door between your stuff & the water so your dry clothes &stowed are just that...dry! Would DEFINATELY stay there again & would recommend for sure!!

• 8th Feb 2015

Very cool hostel

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this hostel. Everyone was extremely down to earth and friendly.

I stayed in Ecomama for 3 nigths. I came to Amsterdam for business and stayed for the weekend as a solo traveller. This hostel offered everything what I was looking for as a solo traveller! The staff Greg, Mel and Paul were very helpful and friendly and they organiseactivities for visitors such as dinner, pub crawl etc. Chilled out, clean, spacious, very nice place to meet and hang out with people from all over the world! I will definitely come back at some point!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Slovakia

Lovely room, perfect for our group. The atmosphere was incredible from the first night to our last remaining moments. I really enjoyed the staff who took extraordinary care of us. My one friend has had a shoulder operation in the past few months, and asked for another pillow, and it was not a problem. Also, the way the staff welcomed each of us into the hostel was amazing, I have never felt more welcomed at any other hostel in the world!

One of the more unique hostels I've stayed in. They have a tepee! Look for Craig when you go there, awesome and generous guy. Would definitely stay there again, actually, I would stay there forever if I could...

lovely, lovely hostel. really cool vibes, clean, secure, cheap bike hire, good location (near stuff, but not too central) friendly and enthusiastic staff (shout-out to craig for being hilarious and helpful w everything) great for solo travellers, with a large common area and hostel-run events - 10/10 would stay again

Brand new hostel! Amazing inside, Great facilities as expected, bathrooms and dorms are great! This hostel just lacks atmosphere, but apart from that wow! location isn't ideal but doesn't matter your in amsterdam get out and walk!! about 15/20mins to the action!

This was probably one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. A little more expensive, but absolutely worth it! The bed was so comfortable. The bathrooms had hooks to hang towels and clothes and were very clean. The place was perfectly located, right around the corner from a grocery store (perfect to pick up a few things to cook in the fully equipped kitchen). The staff is amazing...very welcoming and informative and a lot of fun! They are always having activities, so it's easy to meet people

This is the best hostel I stayed in on my 2 month journey across Europe. Paul and Craig are some of the best people around and will make your experience there truly worthwhile. The rooms are extra comfy and not to crammed and the kitchen-lounge area is perfect for resting up or making a quick meal to eat. The atmosphere is wonderful, you will definitely make close friends here so don't worry if you're traveling alone. Don't miss out staying at this hostel, it is the best around.