Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was great! The sheets were wonderful and clean, the kitchen area was very welcoming and open, and the ambiance was unique and inspiring. I really appreciated the helpfulness of the staff and the creativity and effort clearly put forth in making the facilities what they are

Pretty basic rooms, could really do with a night light and socket for each bed but it wouldn't stop me staying here again. Staff were really nice and helpful and the common room / kitchen was clean and a good area for meeting people. The hostel was clean and tidy throughout from the kitchen to the bathroom. The location is great, close enough walk to many attractions. I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting Amsterdam.

Easily the best hostel I have stayed at. The staff are fantastic and go out of their way to help you with what ever question you may have. Great place to stay!!

• 4th Jun 2014

Great chilled out hostel.

Ecomama is a fantastic hostel. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the kitchen is the best of any hostel that I've stayed in. The vibe is very friendly, and the commin area is great for meeting other travellers I can highly recommend Ecomama, it's a great hostel.

The hostel is very well located and the staff is great. However, they have a lack of plugs and lights in the rooms, which makes it quite difficult to charge your electronic devices or enter the room after 10 pm (some people go to sleep really early!).

ecomama is the must! this place is really unique, they have great innovations (like the trust bar) and overall atmosphere is really cozy.

It was delightful staying here. Everybody was great. The place is really nice. It's still new so the place I stayed wasn't very well decorated.

Dear guest, We think less is more and prefer simplicity design. Maybe we differ in interior taste? Love, Anika

I absolutely loved staying at Ecomama! The community area and overall atmosphere of the place is really hip as well as charming. Great place to relax and recover. Also, convenient location. We stayed in an eight person dorm and every bed had its own outlet and light which was really nice.

• 1st Jun 2014

Fun and peaceful

I lilke it a lot. Beautiful kitchen, spacious dinning , creative reception and friendly coffee shop . Thank you to all the family members of ecomama. Namsste

• 29th May 2014

A cool boutique hostel, safe, in a good enough location not far from the city centre/red light district, comfy bed with a pillow to die for. Huge common area where it is incredibly easy to meet fellow travellers. It is on the pricier side - that being said all the accommodation in Amsterdam is expensive. Ideal for solo travellers who want some time to chill out and relax. It would be nice if there was better soundproofing - the alarm on the doors go off all the time and everyone can hear it.

Best place we've stayed at so far on our trip, great location, great staff we got some local knowledge from about Amsterdam would highly recommend staying here when in Amsterdam

I am from Argentina. I stayed for three nights and had a wonderfull experience. The staff was super nice and ready to answer any question I had. It was a very clean place with a lot of facilities like a kitchen where to cook with free rise, nuddles and tea. I also heard one member of the staff say to another member who was new, never to put in the floor the bedcloth to keep them clean. I really recommend it!

Very hip and attractive place. Enjoyed the communal kitchen with some free ingredients courtesy of Ecomama. The cafe connected to it has amazing sandwiches. My advice is: remember to bring a padlock for the locker so that you don't have to buy one of their 5 euro locks!

• 24th May 2014

Highly overrated. The private room for 2 was very small and unfinished- pipes and unpainted walls; in the basement and with Cardboard Bed and cardboard "chandelier". For 120 EUR per night in those conditions one would think that they will at least provide towels_ but no they rent and sell them. Ridiculous! The only good thing was the location and the mattress. For the same price there were even worst improvised " private rooms". Unbelievable!

• Macedonia

This hostel is absolutely lovely! The staff are phenomenal, the place is incredibly clean and the atmosphere is fun and inviting with just the right amount of party. They just opened 2 months ago and things seem to be going well so far, I wish them all the best and will definitely stay there again if I am ever back in Amsterdam!

I arrived after spending the day replacing my lost passport and canceling my credit and bank cards. I had barely enough cash to get through the next day, much less pay the balance on my reservation. But the staff assured me that once I got home, I could call them up and pay over the phone. They didn't kick me out, they let me use their phone, and they asked me how I was and offered to help in any way they could. THAT is hospitality. Plus, the place is clean and cool-looking.

• 23rd May 2014

Looks exactly like it does in the pictures, if not better. Beds were very comfortable and the place is decorated perfectly. Located in a quieter area away from the hub, but a very easy (10min) walk to pretty much anywhere you would want to go in Amsterdam. Loved the honesty fridge. Loved that hair straighteners and nail polish were available. One downside - there weren't very many lockers (4 lockers for the 7 bed room). We got lucky and got the last one in our room. WiFi was great.

• 23rd May 2014

We booked double room with shared bathroom, unfortunately our room was in the basement. In the room were loud big water pipes, that it was really difficult to sleep. We ask for the room upstares, but they said that we had to pay extra, because the room upstares are part of the hotel and not hostel. I saw that they changed the pictures of the rooms, because at the beginning they were showing the rooms, which are far from the reality. I think you can get much better room for this money.