Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We really enjoyed staying at the Ecomama Hostel! It's really close to the city center, very very clean and actually the most beautiful hostel, we've ever stayed in (great common room with a nice open kitchen, a big table, sofas and A TENT)... Also there is a nice Café in front of the reception, where you can buy really cheap breakfast, snacks, etc.

It is an interesting place, feels like a warehouse though so not an intimate feeling in the large open common space. Our basic private room was one of four small window-less cubes just behind the common areas so quite noisy- earplugs were a must. Basic means concrete floor and two single beds made of unfinished plywood, which were quite comfy. A bit disappointing when the photos on the website are all quirky rooms with windows. One common toilet and shower area.

Hostel was great, though a little bit of a walk from the centre of where I wanted to be everyday. Clean, fantastic kitchen, and the bathroom was also great. I would stay here again for sure, just maybe rent a bike!

Very stylish and clean hostel and easy to walk to everything in Amsterdam. Fairly social if you make the effort to talk to others. Not a huge party atmosphere but that was a good thing for me. Only issue is that the lockers in the female dorm only lock with a very large padlock, otherwise it is really easy to open. They do sell padlocks that work though.

Great atmosphere at the hostel with lots of insight on whats going on in the city! Our room was clean but we thought we were getting a double bed room but we got 2 twins, not there fault I should have inquired before... You can cook and store food so your not eating out for every meal. The staff was always around for a board game and made our stay a lot of fun!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

• 12th Mar 2015

The only problem was that the lockers are outside the rooms. But the hostel was really great!

Very nice place to stay in Amsterdam, close and far enough from the tourist madness

This is one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. The staff, Craig and Clara, were outstanding. Friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for walking to everything. A grocery store is right around the corner. The rooms were clean and charming. Plenty of toilets and showers. I will be back!

Enjoyable and clean hostel. Clara, Craig, and Patricia are all very nice and know the city well and are happy to point out what's worth seeing/doing around the city. Facilities are nice as well.

Hostel was great, we really enjoyed our stay at Ecomama, However I did book a room with a double bed and we were given a room with two twin beds that could not be moved together. This wasn't ideal as the trip was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. Staff were apologetic but did not offer us anything else in compensation. We appreciated that they were fully booked and had no double room to move us to until the last night but the apology wasn't really sufficient.

• 6th Mar 2015

Cool hostel, close to everything and has a really chilled vibe. The staff were really helpful and nice and they have cheap bike hire. Would definitely stay there again.

Very cool hostel, super nice staffs. Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed. Will definitely come back.

It is a great hostel,it is clean,central location, the staff are very helpful and full of information.The bikes are great. But I think the private room was a bit disappointing, in the mornings we were woken up by the noises of the cafe.The room was incredibly stuffy at all times despite the air vent.The light in the room was incredible dim and and it was difficult to find anything in a handbag. We also would have appreciated a mirror in the room to skip the queue for getting ready in the morning

• 5th Mar 2015

We'd booked for a double bad room but staff didn't know our booking details and we stayed in a room with two seperate bads. Next day, they changed our room but it was really really cold and radiator was not working. I trusted comments here but we were unlucky.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

Dear Customer, We are very sorry that you did not get the room that you wanted. If you look at the description of the room when you book it, it does specify that we have two types of rooms and that you should say which one you prefer. As for the room temperature, our radiators are rarely turned up all the way (we would like to be spare with energy ;) ), had you made the issue known to the staff we could have turned it up Nevertheless we hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Amsterdam!

nice hostel, bit far out but not to bad as everywhere in amsterdam is a walk away. friendly staff. nice rooms. good stay.

• 4th Mar 2015

Nice place, kindly staff, is a very good place.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Colombia

Great experience.One of my favorite hostels to date.

A bit overpriced, but without any doubt the best hostel I have been to.

We really enjoyed staying in this hostel. Staff were very friendly and the facilities and communal areas were really good (not to mention very on trend!) The only negative comment is that it would have been nice to have a bedside lamp in our room (we had a double luxury en suite). The lights didn't have lampshades which made it quite difficult to have a relaxed atmosphere in the room at night.

• 26th Feb 2015