Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Had a great stay at Ecomama. Loved the staff and vibe of the people here. The common room is great to meet others, especially when traveling alone. Also, the connection to the nice coffee house was convenient and delicious. The hostel ofte provided traditional candies, maps, suggestions, entertainment material, and more. Would definitely recommend.

I've been staying at hostels all around Western Europe and Ecomama is still the best - It's basically like a hotel but with dorms. Great vibes from all the staff - Clara, Craig and Camiel are sweethearts and super helpful!

Very clean hostel. Super friendly staff. Chill environment. Would recommend Ecomama to anyone!

• 9th Dec 2014

Brilliant stay, hostel was very friendly, staff were fantastic in particular Craig! Would recommend this place to anybody on a short trip to Amsterdam Great value for money would return again without hesitation

Teepee was probably the best surprise! Great atmosphere and staff!

This hostel has the BEST kitchen and common area ever! It is a wonderful open concept living/cooking/dining area that is beautiful and great to meet other travellers in. The teepee to lounge in is a really cool touch. The staff are also very helpful in giving tips about what to see and do.

Staff was beyond helpful, they actually hang out and get to know the guests. Clara in particular was really great. The facilities are clean and comfortable. It's a beautiful space, the best hostel I've ever stayed at.

Hipsters ... Hipsters EVERYWHERE!

I'm still at Ecomama, extended my stay by a few days, that's how wonderful this hostel is. The location is lovely, and the people here are just the same! The hostel is creative and colorful with a cute coffee shop in the front! The hostel is also right next to the waterlooplein markets, which are an awesome stop for anyone who loves vintage and secondhand shopping! I hope to stay here again soon and I haven't even left yet! Thank you Ecomama!

It was a great stay and I would definitely come back to this hostel in Amsterdam. Especially the tour with Craig was lots of fun and is recommendable.

Some of the staff members shouldn't be there, one of them seemed to be frustrated because of their incompetence and took their anger out on me. That alone made my stay unenjoyable.

Excellent ecologically oriented facility with attentive staff, great location and wonderful cafe attached!

• 28th Nov 2014

The general vibe of the hostel was excellent. Being my first time in Amsterdam I wasn't sure what to expect but will definitely be going back and hopefully staying at Ecomama again. The staff were a great laugh and very helpful to us Scots who didn't have a clue what we were doing at points! Also the Tee-Pee is absolutely top notch! Cheers, guys!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was awesome. I loved the whole eco-friendly theme. The staff was great. The crowd was very hipster, yet social. We stayed in a private room and the room was very comfortable. It was a converted old storage container with everything made of recycled materials! The hostel even has bike rentals and the showers have limits. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Amsterdam who wants a unique experience outside of the red light district that's more chill and not a party hostel.

Love the hostile, it shouldn't be even called a hostile. Staff was super except for one girl who seems to be on a mission to prove she's worst than the puppies killer in 101 Dalmatians. WOULD GO AGAIN EVERYTIME IM IN AMSTERDAM.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Laos

Loved this place!! Very large common area. With great kitsch area. very friendly and kind staff. Nice location away from city center but walking distance into the action.

Love this hostel. The staff is fantastic, the kitchen is great. Everything is very clean and comfortable. I'd absolutely go back.

A little hard to find, with the name of the hostel being so small on the building.

Dear Customer, We are working on having a large sign made for the hostel, unfortunately due to city regulations this takes quite a while to get done. In the mean time we have given very precise directions on the website for how to get here that include looking for the Filter café sign which are quite large. Hope to see you again soon, now that you know where we are!

Brand new and they've got everything a good Hostel needs..

The hostel is amazing. Well located making it easy to reach the center and red light district. In the same building of the hostel, in front of the reception there is a coffee place for breakfasts and other last minute snacks. Fun and well furnished hang out area (super modern). Super helpful staff, specially Clara. She took us to the pub crawl, help us with doubts, and made us company during drinking games night! Awesome experience.