Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Ecomama is awesome! Its definitely the nicest hostel ive ever stayed in. Not only is it clean and comfy, but its small and has an awesome vibe. The chill-out area is really funky and communal, and the kitchen is great! Plus, now this might be a spoiler, cause it was fun to find this out in person, but they have a teepee set up inside for haning out in! So cool! IThe beds are really nice, and again, everything is so clean! The bathrooms were spotless. Definitely staying here again!!!

• 21st Aug 2014

It's the most adorable and ecofriendly hostel i'd ever stayed!!Reception desk made out of pile of books!and it has lots of other creative stuff like that around the hostel The entrance is an amazing Cafe with excellent homemade food!Perfect breakfast for a hangover;)Lovely kitchen!Awesome atmosphereOnce we had dinner a couple of us by invitation of the staff and we all went out together, and it turn out into an unreal night out!My only complain about it is that there isn't much space in the room

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It has a big kitchen and common area. As a single traveller it was easy to meet people there. There is a big supermarket nearby, which is nice for breakfast. Points to improve: number of sockets and storage space. In the common area there are only two multiple plugs. In the 12 bed dorm there is only one at the door and lockers are only outside in the hall. So you have to leave your phone or camera unattented and likely have to wait for a free socket.

Great hostel! Very modern and Eco friendly, which I loved. Rooms were spacious and clean, but the common area/kitchen really stole the show! A tent is set up to chill in,the kitchen is all open plan and modern, and one long table to eat at means you get to know everyone staying there. Great for solo travellers. Staff are friendly are organise pasta nights, bar crawls etc so there's always something to do. Showers are Eco friendly but have to keep pressing button to work- and not the warmest.

great hostel friendly staff and nice environment would recommend!

Really nice hostel, super well located, close to main attractions, supermrket around the corner, quite nice kitchen and common area, everything clean, staff very friendly and usefull. great value for money

Fantastic hostel, the best around in my opinion. Would recommend to everyone and would use again. Thumbs up from me

• 16th Aug 2014

We stayed in another hostel in Amsterdam before moving here for the last night of our stay - but we ended up wishing that we'd stayed here throughout! Excellent location, great vibe, very clean and a great communal area to meet fellow travellers. The beds were the comfiest hostel beds we'd slept in. Security was high with key-card entry, however some of the lockers in our room were broken or bent - meaning we had to locate others within the hostel to keep our backpacks in.

For me the only problem is that they have just a few lockers, what is not the ideal when you got the shared room. The location is good, but keep in mind it's a 15 min walk from the central station, what may be important depending on yours suitcase's size.

• 14th Aug 2014

I stayed at Ecomama with two other female friends for a long weekend get-away. Ecomama was easy to find and within walking distance from the station, red light district, dam square etc. On arrival we were given a map and recommendations which were very useful. There is a supermarket nearby which means it's easy to keep it cheap. Friendly people, felt safe leaving my stuff in the room (12 bed dorm) and Filter cafe attached to hostel is great! For best bar in A'dam go to Cafe Remember!!

• 14th Aug 2014

I really liked it!! Felt very welcome here. The girl at the reception gave me a little tour on the free map and many tips on check in. It's a great place to meet people. The common area is very open and a staff member cooked for us. I also liked the design a lot. I would just put some extra curtain on the shower stalls and wifi in the room. Apart from that - awesome place! Sad I didn't get to spend more time.

Awesome crowd, great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff...

One of the best hostels i have stayed in on my trip to Europe. The location is a short walk away from the main areas. The staff were awesome and very helpful giving me a free tourist tour on their cool map telling me what attractions to check out as well as giving us a tour of the hostel itself. I would write so much more however there is a character limit. When i return i will definitly be staying at Ecomama. Anyone who visits Amsterdam should stay here. This is what a hostel should be!

• 12th Aug 2014

The hostel was clean, the staff was friendly and I liked the atmosphere. The reception area was a great place to relax after a long day. There were sockets to charge our phones and city guides to read.

Nice space, easy keycard access to building and rooms, however the doors to the room beep loudly at all hours of the day if the door is not shut properly. Very annoying! Full service laundry is available, but it is 6 euros! As a hostel guest, I'm trying to save money, not spend more for full service! The beds were VERY comfortable, and lockers were available in the rooms. The internet was good. There are no bikes available for rent at the hostel. Not for the party crowd.

Really nice stay! I definetely recomend Ecomama because it's clean, quiet and stylish. I will go back there if I ever see Amsterdam again!

• 11th Aug 2014

I loved my stay here and will recommend it to other travellers. The staff was super helpful and friendly. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the necessary supplies and it was clean.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, brilliant induction to what to see around Amsterdam. Check in isn't until 4 but we arrived early and were able to check in before 4. Rooms are basic but clean and bright. Kitchen facilities are also brilliant and a really nice communal area. Really loved this place and would definitely stay again. One of the best hostels I have stayed it.

• 9th Aug 2014

Was a great stay until ours and 5 other guests BAGS WERE STOLEN. Turns out we were directed to store them in a completely un protected area. Not locked, NO SECURITY At ALL! May as well have left em out side the front door. After it happened the management had a 'not our problem' attitude. WOULD NOT STAY THEIR AGAIN.

• 7th Aug 2014

Nice place, good location, of course as everything in Amsterdam not very cheep, but I would go there again..