Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Just lovely! Everything was so perfect we just regret to not stay longer. Highly recommended!!

Greatful!!, I can't wait to back again. :) a really good hostel ..

Excellent! Seriously, this place was amazing, wonderful atmosphere, super chill. Helpful and friendly staff, especially Ross and Chris, we discovered much more of the city than we would have on our own, thanks to them. Communal area was awsome too. And the activities, great ideas! 10/10 would stay again!

best people and nice atmosphere. so bad we only stayed for one night.

• 16th Sep 2015

I had a great time staying at Ecomama. The staff had great recommendations, the sleeping quarters were quiet but the hostel had a great friendly atmosphere to meet people and take part in fun activities.

Chilled hostel with large common areas which made it easy to meet people. Walking distance to the red light district and close to tram lines and the metro. Would recommend to anyone looking to have more of a relaxed stay in Amsterdam

Some rooms were great - very modern and clean. The 12 bed dorm was very average however, as was the private double room I stayed in for the first few nights. The piping system is very loud - I often woke up due to the sound of gushing water. The staff are rather unprofessional; many sit around all day discussing drugs. This became quite irritating after a few days. The common area was fantastic, as were the kitchen facilities. With a few improvements, this place could be perfect.

Thank you. If noise was bothering you letting the staff know this was a problem would have allowed us to rectify it. The 12-bed dorm is indeed very basic, you booked the El Cheapo room so you make your own bed and pay a lower price! The private room you booked was a Shabby Cabin, a basic room at dorm prices. Our staff work hard to ensure optimal customer service is delivered. This is Amsterdam and guests frequently ask staff for information about cannabis etc. Come back soon. Love Ecomama.

Hello, just one question, did I left a deposit for the key?

Extremely clean. Staff was awesome!

• 12th Sep 2015

Amazing vibe, cool staff, friendly guests. Stay at Ecomama when you come to Amsterdam. It's barely more expensive than other hostels in the city, to boot. Even the attached coffee shop is sweet!

Love the setting. Very informative and helpful staff. Kitchen beautifully laid out. Bed was very comfortable. Great cafe at the front. I had a very relaxing and enjoyable time. One small suggestion is to have a board for staff and visitors to write some good find for reasonable or delicious meals they've had so that when you first arrive, you have choices of somewhere to eat. My first meal was very salty. I had several roommates asking me that question when they first arrive. Thank you.

Everyone (especially Chris) was very friendly and more than willing to help. I highly recommend this place.

Very nice staff,Nice sized rooms. Great place to meet people, walking distance to everything. I would stay here again.

Amazing hostel! Best I've stayed at ever I think! And that's saying something for me :) very clean, super accessible, wonderful staff who were very helpful and overall crazy cool vibe! Loved it here would stay again without question! :) Thanks guys!

• 7th Sep 2015

Ecomama has a great vibe and has one of the nicest communal areas that encourages people to interact with eachother. Staff really friendly too, will be back for sure

• 7th Sep 2015

Wonderful, clean, friendly hostel with excellent facilities and very helpful staff that will give you loads of information about amsterdam. It's in a great location, only a 15minute walk from the centre of amsterdam. The bed was superrr comfy and bathroom facilities were great, never had to wait. It is not a party hostel, but plenty of people around to meet and they have various activities on throughout the week. Keep up the good work ecomama!

We did not expect such a fantastic Hostel! It was really cool. The people were nice and and the atmosphere was just incredibly relaxed and warm.

I loved this hostel! It's well-designed so that you can easily meet people. I never had issues finding an open shower, the kitchen is kept clean, the beds had soft linens and were extremely comfortable. The staff was great - I changed bookings a few times and there were no issues. They also were knowledgeable about the city (good info!) and the hostel has museum passes. The only (minor) problem was the door key system. It's loud in the middle of the night. And, there is a TENT!

Great staff great location. Will recommend to any friends going to Amsterdam. They took the time out to really help you find things to do and places to go.

• 5th Sep 2015

Wonderful place with lovely accommodating staff