Ecomama Reviews

Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A very cool place to stay in Amsterdam. The staff was extremely enthusiastic and the facilities really nice. The common area was a great place to come back to and relax and meet other young travelers.

An extremely friendly staff that goes beyond your usual expectations! All the needs are being taken care of, all the questions answered in a most clear fashion, I cannot end to say how great the stay in Ecomama was!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Latvia

Facilities are reasonable. The private cabins have zero ventilation so be prepared to over heat and wake up sick. No laundry facilities therefore have to rely on the already busy staff member to wash and dry your clothes, this for myself and my partner for over a day. Atmosphere was average. Not really a social hostel.

Awesome place and awesome staff. My stay in Amsterdam was great due to this place.

ecomama hostel is very clean and friendly ♥

• 5th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Really cool place to stay while enjoying the amazing city of Amsterdam. We do recommend staying at ecomama specially due to this hostels decoration, cleanliness and location. We got a private double bed bedroom during our stay and got a really cool and unexpected sight of the canal in ours room's window!

Great hostel with friendly people and a chill cafe in front. They have a massive tent on the lounge floor which was pretty cool.

• 4th Jan 2015

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Craig and Clara were so helpful and sweet, frequently going out of their way to make everyone comfortable/felt welcome. They take everyone on a personal tour and explain where everything is on a map. The hostel has an open floor plan and the greatest kitchen I've ever used: perfect to meet people! Central location: a supermarket & atm just around the corner, a tram stop a block away, and main attractions in walking distance. Can't wait to come back!

This is by far one of the best hostels we have stayed in. Craig at reception was absolutely outstanding! It's everything you want in an awesome hostel. Cool vibe (even in winter), great kitchen, rooms were small & difficult with everyone's luggage in the dorms but everything else made up for the lack of space in the bedroom. Great location - little out of the hustle & bustle which was nice but only a few mins walk to centre of town, red light district, public transport & supermarket. Fantastic!

Had an amazing time in Amsterdam and met some great people while staying here. There were only small lockers in the bunk room we stayed in but that didn't really phase me. However I know some people it does. The staff is what really set this place apart from other hostels I've been in. They were so welcoming. Out of all the places I stayed on my trip this was the best.

Great facilities and a cool chilled out vibe. Will stay again next time in Amsterdam

A beautiful hostel. Beautifully designed. A bit overpriced but worth every penny though. My only problem was that the showers had no cold water, only hot water and sometimes too hot :)

I stayed at a different hostel for the first part of my stay in Amsterdam and then stayed at ecomama for the last. There was no comparison between the two- ecomama was an amazing, comfortable, cool, clean, friendly place to stay. Beautiful big communal space to trade stories with fellow travellers and really nice events put on by the friendly staff. Comfortable dorm rooms and a super trendy cafe in the front. Excellent!

Very beautiful place to stay, comfortable and people are nice!

• 29th Dec 2014

Fantastic stay :) been to many hostels, this one is the best. Will hopefully return one day.

• 27th Dec 2014

I stayed in this hostel for 4 nights. This hostel made my stay in Amsterdam unforgettable. Those staffs, especially Craig and Clara, were absolutely nice, fun and friendly, always there to help people around. The hostel is really clean, well decorated, and full of interesting stuffs around. I loved the tent in the common area, fun place to just chill down for a while. This hostel is amazing, and definitely one of the best hostel in the world! :)

Really cool space, friendly staff, great cafe with delicious treats and coffees, excellent location! Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Dec 2014

Such a lovely place! Relax atmosphere in a crazy city. Staff really kind and helpful. I would definitelly recomend this hostel.

Staff are super friendly, very patient to answer all questions and show the facilities 1 by 1 Even I stayed in a 12 people room, it was not as crowded as I thought. Sparate shower and toilet . People don't have to fight for the bathroom . Excellent common area with kitchen!!! You can buy your own food to cook! Canal is right behind the hostel, can't hear the traffic at night at all!! I wish I could stay longer there but it was all full during my 8 days stay in amsterdam

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Really fun hostel. Only complaint is that they lack lights/chargers/lockers in the room. They did go as far as to draw these things on the wall though, which was cute lol. Staff was amazing, craig gave me possibly the warmest reception that I have had at any hostel in my 6 months of traveling.