Ecopackers Reviews

Calle Santa Teresa, 375, Cusco, Peru

I found this place fairly quiet which is good if you are going on day trips and want a good night's sleep. The internal courtyard and outdoor bar is great. A lounge also. Very clean. No locks or keys for the dorm which I didn't like. Anyone could enter the room in the day or at night. Lockers in the room at least. Cooking area was tiny which is a shame because food in Cusco is expensive mostly. Staff were helpful, tour office in the building is very handy. Very central and safe area.

A great backpacker hostel!! The building is cool, with a fun bar, hammocks, a ping pong table etc. The staff wasn't helpful in suggesting restaurants or the price of day trips, but there is a travel agency inside the hostel, which is decently priced (although the woman gave us bad advice on how long things would take). The breakfast was fine, although you have to pay extra for eggs or pancakes. The biggest problem was the lack of power outlets in the rooms. But a great place to meet people!

I highly enjoyed my stay in Ecopackers. Very friendly atmosphere and so easy to get to know new people. The hostel could not be situated in a better location - the main plaza being just a two minute walk away. Ecopackers also run a very informative and interesting free walking tour around the city which I would definitely recommend. The guide, Luis, has an amazing knowledge of the history of the city and offers great advice about the best places to eat and drink and things to do.

• 17th Oct 2014

Great hostel in a building with lots of character. In a great location - able to easily walk everywhere. Good security and lockers available. Showers were great in the morning but cold and occasionally a little dirty by the evening. Only downside was the kitchen (to cook yourself) was filthy and not very well equipped.

Great location! Friendly staff and very clean bedrooms and facilities. Hot water! :)

Best hostel in Perú.

Definitely lives up to its reputation. Having endured some pretty nasty hostels while traveling around South America, Ecopackers was a great treat. The rooms were cozy and beds were super comfy and warm. The bathroom facilities were great with hot showers (although only at certain times of the day). The breakfast was delicious and cheap. The only issue we had was with the staff - be weary of anything related to transportation (taxi/bus)

Good hostel, well run. Comfortable beds, secure lockers, helpful staff, loved the open fire place...would definitely stay here again.

Fantastic Hostel, Great Location very close to everything but far enough away to be quiet and peaceful!

It was a good place to stay in Cusco before the Inca Trail

the bracelet everyone has to wear during the stay is terrible. please find a different solution, we are grownups not dogs. What was great is the safe ATM in the hostel courtyard.

It seemed to be a pretty happenin' hostel; I only stayed one night, but it seemed like a cool place to hang out for a few days. They had an awesome bar area, and at the time offered a free Pisco Sour welcoming drink, which was awesome! There were plenty of bathrooms, and main common area/courtyard had a cool feel to it, a good place to relax. That being said, it could get a little on the noisy side with everyone having fun, so if thats not your thing... I would recommend.

Good hostel, well run, clean

The best hostel that I stayed in in Peru, hands down. Clean to a fault, helpful people, beautiful building, great location next to the center of the city.

My stay in the Ecopackers Hostel in Cusco was absolutely great. I liked the cozy atmosphere, the really big beds with extra large blankets and at last the great staff. Pamela and Denis, the guys at the reception are doing a great job und have always a smile in their face. If you need help, just ask them, they will help you! ;-) I would definitly come back! A great hostel in a great city! Thanks so much!

Great location to stay in Cusco. Good breakfast and very nice place to taste a soup (good price) and to enjoy live music at the weekends. By the way, always has a warm coca tea. The staff are very kind and helpful. Special thanks to Denis, Maria, Cesar, Gregorio and Luiz.

• 29th Jul 2014

I emailed Ecopackers before I left to make sure they had my reservation. They said that they did not. I emailed them the receipt from booking with hostelworld. They said they did have my reservation. When we arrived they had no idea we were coming nor could they find the reservation. Luckily they still had room for us. We were not the only people with reservation problems.

• 28th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels, I've ever stayed at.

Great Hostel! The next time I visit Cusco, I will stay here again!

Close to main part of town, clean and showers were usually hot. Runs an excellent walking tour each day other than Sundays with Luis who is an amazing tour guide. Beds were clean and comfortable. Good range of ages, not just full of young backpackers looking to get drunk every night