Ecopackers Reviews

Calle Santa Teresa, 375, Cusco, Peru

The staff don't do much to create a positive atmosphere and environment. The breakfast is good. They could buy a new ping pong table as it is crooked and the paddles barely function. The table seems as if it's been through 10 years + of playing. Overall it's an alright hostel, I wouldn't go back as it didn't offer anything to be pleased about.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in South America. Great atmosphere, very clean, and very friendly staff! Julio and yaniurel at the reception were so helpfull!

I stood here and another hostel in Cuzco. If you want a comfortable laid back stay this is the place. If you want the party scene go to Loki or Wild Rover. For me this was just what I needed. Comfortable bed, beautiful and convenient location and good amenities. The customer service was good too, the front desk staff even let me make some phone calls to Loki when i needed to contact the tour operator. I would definitely stay here again.

very organized hostel. great location, two mins walk to supermarket. super friendly and helpful staff, always remember my name. every guest got their own locker with power plug inside which is pretty awesome. seriously cleaner than my bedroom. plenty of toilets and shower rooms. the bar is great, lovely live band, also given a free welcome drink. breakfast is fantastic. the best hostel ever!

Near main square and bars, restaurants. They sold my bed before I checked in even though I arrived at the check in time I specified and had told them before I went to machu pichu I would be back late

The guys in the room had been smoking in there before we arrived. The room reeked of pot and even with the window open there was no circulation of fresh air

I didn't like the vibe of the hospital. I was expecting other travelers to be warm and friendly but it was the complete opposite. Also Cusco is known for its night life but I found that the hostel didn't do much. Everything was so dark by 9pm... Kinda depressing. Other than the vibe the rooms had comfy beds which is a plus and for the most part it was clean and had a good breakfast.

One of the best hotels we have stayed in, beds are amazing! Breakfast was really good at some days but quite dull others. Vote #1 Pancakes everyday! Free drink on arrival day 👍 Good TV if you want to watch football! Beautiful building and good location!

Great staff and friendly people. It's kind of quiet but if you want to party stay here then head to the wild rover and go to mama Africa or temple. But this place had great showers and great beds and it's really clean and safe.

• 8th Mar 2015

Very clean and calm hostel, you can relax after a tough trek in front of the fireplace, just sip a drink in the local bar for a reasonable price while enjoying the company of fellow backpackers and amazing staff or just go to your bed and be amazed on how close to the heart of Cusco it is without listening to any sounds from the street. Although the floor is a little bit noisy, that's all original and adds charm to the place so just let it pass and enjoy.

Our favourite hostel! Definitely recommend it, very very clean and very pretty courtyard

• 29th Jan 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in - everything from location to price to staff to facilities to dorms and beds (so comfy!!) was the best it could have been. Muchisimas gracias!!

I stayed four nights here in the mixed dorm and had a wonderful experiece. Ecopackers, Cusco is set in an aesthetic old Spanish villa with great care put into the interior decorations with everything from basil to beautiful flowers in the garden. It definitely has to be rated as one of the top attractions to see in Cusco! All the staff were really friendly, helpful especially Cesar, Paola and Gregorio. They went out of their way to help me when I misplaced my debit cards. Salud!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • India

Great hostel for spending your time in Cusco. Excellent location, just one block from Plaza de Armas. Very nice colonial courtyard inside the building for hang out. It also has a bar in the second courtyard. Not a party hostel but with great additions such as the bar where some nights we had live bands. Highly recommended!

Warm and comfy beds and you get a plug to recharge your stuff in your private locker witch is genious! 1 min walk to Plaza de Armas, cool hangout areas and bar/restaurant

Clean hostel, friendly staff. Close to Plaza de Armas.

It was great! We really enjoy our stay at the hostel. Its very near that Plaza las Armas. Very clean and the beds are big and comfortable!

Nice comfortable beds but the 18 bed dorm is super noisy! People coming in late and leaving very early... Breakfast didn't start until 7am so not good if you are doing a walk and there is no offer of a take away option. Held our bags while on our 5 day hike for no additional cost which was nice.

Very service-minded place that is in an extremely convenient location. It wasn't a party hostel, and the food at the bar isn't worth the money given what you can find in restaurants and markets in Cusco. However, it was comfortable, clean and had a nice atmosphere about it with pool and fuseball tables and ability to book buses from the hostel. Would definitely recommend for comfort and location.

This is the hostel with the best Location in Cusco. You notice this when you walk around and see only nice restaurants and fancy (much more expensive hotels) in the immediate area. Closeness to plaza de armas is a real asset. Rooms were comfortable and nice.

• 12th Dec 2014