Ecopackers Reviews

Calle Santa Teresa, 375, Cusco, Peru

I enjoyed my time at Ecopackers and because of the shared tables in the dining room and the bar, it is easy to get talking to people. The central courtyard is a good place to chill out/warm up and there is an ATM which is very convenient. It is in a quiet road very near the central squares. They allow people to check in early, which is generally a good thing, but can mean you get woken up in a dorm. The downstairs toilets and showers are mixed. Upstairs is female only with hairdryers.

One of the best hostels I stayed at on my Peru/Bolivia trip! It's very clean, the showers are always hot and powerful (not a given at all in Peru), lockers in the dorms with plug inside, the staff was superfriendly, knowing my name from the first day! Breakfast is also more than ok and starts early, which is good when you go on day trips where you have to leave early. It can be a little loud though, due to the dorms being massive and the bar being part of the hostel.

Very nice hostel, the crew is very nice and helpful. My only complaint, their wi-fi was not the best, would sometimes crash. Better check on the provider

I would stay here again in a heart beat. Slept in the 8 bed dorm without any issues. Great atmosphere and loved the layout. Front desk staff were lovely and helpful and the entire place was clean and well maintained. Comfy beds with lots of blankets and a wooden locker with an outlet inside for charging overnight. Planned activities and live music made socializing a breeze. (Side note: Regular padlocks are too big and will not fit these lockers so use your suitcase lock.)

The staff don't do much to create a positive atmosphere and environment. The breakfast is good. They could buy a new ping pong table as it is crooked and the paddles barely function. The table seems as if it's been through 10 years + of playing. Overall it's an alright hostel, I wouldn't go back as it didn't offer anything to be pleased about.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in South America. Great atmosphere, very clean, and very friendly staff! Julio and yaniurel at the reception were so helpfull!

I stood here and another hostel in Cuzco. If you want a comfortable laid back stay this is the place. If you want the party scene go to Loki or Wild Rover. For me this was just what I needed. Comfortable bed, beautiful and convenient location and good amenities. The customer service was good too, the front desk staff even let me make some phone calls to Loki when i needed to contact the tour operator. I would definitely stay here again.

very organized hostel. great location, two mins walk to supermarket. super friendly and helpful staff, always remember my name. every guest got their own locker with power plug inside which is pretty awesome. seriously cleaner than my bedroom. plenty of toilets and shower rooms. the bar is great, lovely live band, also given a free welcome drink. breakfast is fantastic. the best hostel ever!

Near main square and bars, restaurants. They sold my bed before I checked in even though I arrived at the check in time I specified and had told them before I went to machu pichu I would be back late

The guys in the room had been smoking in there before we arrived. The room reeked of pot and even with the window open there was no circulation of fresh air

I didn't like the vibe of the hospital. I was expecting other travelers to be warm and friendly but it was the complete opposite. Also Cusco is known for its night life but I found that the hostel didn't do much. Everything was so dark by 9pm... Kinda depressing. Other than the vibe the rooms had comfy beds which is a plus and for the most part it was clean and had a good breakfast.

One of the best hotels we have stayed in, beds are amazing! Breakfast was really good at some days but quite dull others. Vote #1 Pancakes everyday! Free drink on arrival day 👍 Good TV if you want to watch football! Beautiful building and good location!

Great staff and friendly people. It's kind of quiet but if you want to party stay here then head to the wild rover and go to mama Africa or temple. But this place had great showers and great beds and it's really clean and safe.

• 8th Mar 2015