Ed House (Tripnbed Guesthouse) Reviews

3F, 367-15 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

We had a great time with our stay because the manager Ms. Che is very accommodating and always prepare breakfast for us even though our stay does not include any breakfast. She made our stay wonderful and we appreciate Korean hospitality because of her.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Philippines
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great and helpful staff, new and clean facilities (not spacious but a bit smaller than others. very "cozy" but not crammed), and a perfect atmosphere to meet other travelers. It's certainly the perfect location for anyone who enjoys the Hongdea area or clubs/drinking. Price is as cheap as you'll find. the rooftop is nice to hang out. Bathrooms are standard for most hostels (usable but nothing special). Overall it's the best small-size hostel that I've stayed at (out of 4) in Seoul!

ED House is not the cleanest hostel I've been, but the staff and people there are friendly enough to make you pass a good stay

Extremely nice hostel, friendly staff and overall a very nice place to stay.

Ideally located and full of friendly people!

• 25th Jun 2014

With ED House I have made the excellent experience of passing a nice time in Seoul. The staff is very friendly helps you with directions and material. But first and foremost I can only appreciate that they found my digital camera that I had forgotten in the guesthouse and sent it back to me. I contacted the staff in regard by e-mail and got a feedback within a few hours with their offer to ship the camera to my address. That's what I appreciate very much!

I highly recommend this hostel for solo travellers or traveling in pairs. The rooftop is excellent, but underused. There's a great atmosphere at this hostel because of its size. but you can get some private or quiet time when you need it. If you're in Seoul for the weekend for some drinking, this is an excellent location.

• 26th May 2014

Thanks John! I apprecated :) You are awesome!! -Che

Very nice place, keep up the good work.

Wonderful atmosphere especially for those traveling alone and looking to meet others to hang out with and party. Location is great and convenient for shopping, food, drinking, what have you. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I'm so glad I was able to spend the latter half of my trip here :)

Very friendly hostel, feels like a house. Staff was very friendly and helped in creating a nice social atmosphere. In the heart of Hongdae with it's incredible nightlife, close to bars and club. Not exactly the cleanest, nor the most quiet, but it's a great place to meet people from all around the world and have fun. I highly recommend this hostel.

The owner is very flexible about when you show up, many guests stay out all night, and those who stay in don't get much sleep because of it (they also have to smell alcohol and hangover in the morning). There's only one bathroom and sink among three rooms, which is hard, and the doors and sink/shower feel like they're falling apart. Otherwise it's cheap, clean, and conveniently located (although the walk from the station felt longer than the walk to Seoul I Guesthouse)

Met some great people here. Was a really fun and relaxed atmosphere. The Manager was a great guy with very good English and often came out with us for food or drinks and helped us out with any question. Location is great also. The Hongdae area has a brimming nightlife with lots happening as it is the university area.

The private room for 2 on the roof is separated from the bathroom by a flight of stairs. There is only one bathroom for the entire hostel, and it is a private one (no stalls) so if you go at a busy time, too bad. I never had any issues with this though, as we stayed out at peak hours. There is only one staff member, who is pretty lax about maintaining rules or noise levels. Stay here for the amazing location, but not for much else.

• 1st May 2014

I was recommended this hostel on the advice of friends who stayed before stefan left. But since stefan has left the place has gone downhill. You can tell the place was once well run and value for money, but the lack of cleaning, the non-existent staff and neglect shows the hostel is on its last legs. M nightclub is 20m away and loud, so sleep is hard. Recommended if money is tight. Lockers too small, bad security. The tent is on the rooftop, in the elements, on a wooden pallete. 1 toilet.

• 28th Apr 2014

The Ed House is a small and cosy place, the location is right smack in Hongdae but it isn't exactly that near from the train station. Overall the service was good, Eugene is an interesting guy ahahah. But perhaps some simple breakfast can be provided, like bread or something since most other guesthouses do that. Just a suggestion.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel atmosphere is really mellow and friendly. The staff are also really friendly and willing to help you find a good club or burger.

• 25th Apr 2014

Great hostel, have been twice and intend on staying there again.

Its a standard hostel. The atmosphere was great and the location was perfect. There was a couple of problems with the way the OWNER decides to run his hostel. 1) There were a couple of problems with double booking. The management really has to sort out updating websites, perhaps through a program. 2) There was only one staff member who was expected to work 24 hours a day. His job wasnt that difficult but its a bit overwhelming to have one person keep up with everything at all times.

Hostel is in a good location, but not very clean, my room and bed just smelt of damp, wasn't overly impressed with the staff either. Met some friendly people there so that made up for it, but actually ended up going out with a group from a different hostel so if your a solo traveller like me, then perhaps look elsewhere.

Everything was good.