Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent place to stay. Staff were very friendly and helpfull, rooms were nicer than most hostels I've stayed in. (TV and wifi in the room) No complaints, I would definitely stay here again.

The staff cleaned the Bathrooms every morning. They were really nice and helpful.

Stayed in the penthouse. Pretty good for the price. Stairs were a pain but life is suffering according to budda...

• 13th Oct 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a double room which was in another building than the main hostel. The room was lovely and in a perfect location. The building was quirky and a bit worn down so don't go here if you are very faint hearted. However, the room was really good value and we would certainly go again! One minus though: the hostel will charge you 2-3 pounds to store your luggage.

We stayed in a private double room and were surprised that the room had a TV. Good facilities, reasonably priced so perfect for a night out in Edinburgh.

• Scotland

No outlets in the actual room so you have to go into the common lounge. Also there was a heater but not plugged in since there are no outlets so kinda cold.

• 11th Oct 2014

It was a lovely experience, however the noise from fellow guests was awful! At approximately 2am in morning my 11 year old daughter and myself were woken by exceptionally loud stomping and chanting/singing (?) coming from upstairs and throughout the night fellow guests shouting and banging unnecessarily when returning/leaving their rooms! This was not necessary in shared accommodation!

• 11th Oct 2014

Located right next to The Royal Mile, walking distance to most places of interest. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms. Lockers in the rooms with a key deposit. Lovely staff. Kitchen with everything you need.

An all round decent hostel and friendly staff, but a complete rip-off for what was provided

• 10th Oct 2014

There were bedbugs in our room and have had an infection after staying only one night there! Everything was so unclean and therefore there are bugs in the beds.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I've stayed in this hostel a few times now and I've never been disappointed with it. It's clean, spacious and in an ideal location for sightseeing. Would happily continue to stay here when I'm visiting Edinburgh

We were not staying in the main building of the hostel where there was wifi so we had none in our room when it was advertised with the hostel. Also staff member was very ignorant and told us our room number but not our flat number and left so we had to try our key in every front door until we found ours.

• 28th Sep 2014

Sheets were clean. Bathroom was clean. Floors were creaky

Edinburgh backpackers was the second-worst hostel I ever stayed in. The room was a smelly rathole wthout a proper window. I definitely would not recommend it. Das übelste Zimmer, das ich je gesehen habe. Auf keinen Fall hingehen. El peor lugar que vi en toda mi vida. No vayan ahí.

In the bedroom for four people it's ok, but in the room for eight people the beds are so dirty and at night three mens spleeping in free beds and on the floor

• 23rd Sep 2014

We absolutely loved it! We rented the twin suite for 2. We liked it so much we even stayed an extra night! Definitely recommend.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Edinburgh was my favorite city thus far. The staff was super helpful and friendly for someone who was just winging their trip. Pretty chill people to talk to. Located pretty close to a free walking your and pub crawls. Showers and kitchen could use a little cleaning or fixing. I had no hot water for a shower two of my mornings.

Friendly and helpful staff. The penthouse was HUGE.

Toilet needs to be cleaned because the floor is wet and smelling is not good. One day there is no hot water which make people freezing. Seems no one clean the rubbish can in our room during those 3 days.

This was my first hostel experience an I was OK but the place felt dirty an for an 8 bunk bed room it had one lader wtf as a short person on the top bunk this was a problem

• 16th Sep 2014