8.2
Fabulous 5,819 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 5,819 Total Reviews
Edinburgh Backpackers Located at 65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH1 1BU 65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU
82% 5819
55.9506175 -3.1889104
    Rooms available

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Jan 2017

If you want the best location and the nicest staff then this is the hostel for you. I came home lastnight and I wish I was back.As soon as you step out of the hostel you are amongst all iconic attractions (no need to take a bus or train) upon arrival we were greeted with genuine down to earth staff with all the help you need to ask for. I definitely would recommend this place to anyone. This hostel is a great place to set up camp basically and truly feel at home.

• Poland, Male, 31-40
14th Jan 2017

Very good location, right at the heart of Edinburgh, 10mins to the castle with the standard of the room (a private en-suite) same as in the hotels nearby, but for much less. The staff is extremely helpful and they know all good places in Edinburg (e.g. where the best haggis is served etc.). The room was clean and tidy. The benefit of the hostel is that it has an additional games room with a pool table and darts, and there is also a TV room where you can meet new friends, read a book or socialise

12th Jan 2017

Never ever in all my life of travelling have I come across a place to stay where on arrival people are so friendly and warm they welcome you immediately into the group which are open to all residents. From the kitchen to the games room to the reception you feel welcome over and over again. I have so much I can't believe it's real I have to keep on going to the bathroom to smack myself. Most people here are free spirited in a very cool respected manner. I dread the day I have to leave.

• USA, Female, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

A great little place, really easy location to get to. The bathroom was a bit small, but it got the job done, and the flooring and walls sometimes creaked a bit much due to age, but I would definitely recommend them, I did like staying here.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
7th Jan 2017

Amazing place, amazing staff & amazing location!! I stayed in a double bed shared bathroom in the building across the road from the hostel & it was awesome... I was a little under the weather during my stay & the fantastic staff helped me through this tough time!! 11 thumbs up... I'd definitely stay here again!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Dec 2016

Staff are fantastic, super friendly and helpful. In the best location! Seriously can't beat it. Rooms are clean and tidy and pretty spacious. Highly recommend this hostel!

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
8.0

Location was excellent and staff were friendly. Because of the central location you can here the noise from outside (pubs, tourists etc), but the hostel provides free ear plugs. The only thing I wasn't happy with is that there are no toilets on every floor: if you need the loo in the middle of the night you'll have to walk up the stairs.

• USA, Female, 25-30
6.3

Staff and cleanliness was great. Building is run down. Walls are paper thin so we could hear every conversation in other rooms. Plumbing was extremely loud and every time someone used a bathroom, it sounded like someone banging on the wall. Window never closed completely so we could hear the music and people from the bars

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2016
7.7

Great kitchen facilities, only let down was when one of the girls bathrooms had no hot water for a few days leaving only 2 showers to supply all the girls in the building. Otherwise great stay.

26th Dec 2016
7.7

Great Hostel overall, close to Princes Street for shopping and central to everything. Also close to Edinburgh castle. Hostel facilities are good with enough space for travelers to leave luggage around, and lockers available. The staff however was extremely unreasonable when I booked an extra night and tried to get a refund or credit for it. They also jacked up the prices double for that night because it was "close to New Years". They were condescending and ridiculed me at check out for my error.

Thank you for your feedback! As stated upon our terms and conditions we do have a 48 hour cancellation policy and are unable to give refunds within this termination time allowance. During Edinburgh special event periods such as the Fringe festival and Hogmanay celebrations we do raise our prices slightly in order to provide additional staffing, this allows us to keep the hostel to the highest possible grade of cleanliness and condition. This additional charge is standardised practice of all hostels in the Edinburgh Old Town area.