Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

It was to bad that the room was seperated with curtains. The matress we slept on wasn't great and the bathrooms we not really clean

• 25th Jul 2014

Absolutely fabulous place to stay! Very central location! Perfect for what I needed. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing compares to home, but a phenomenal three nights stay for me!

• 24th Jul 2014

Great location, a short walk from Waverley and right in the heart of the city. The rooms are spacious, but two power points for a 14 bed room is unacceptable. The staff were very unorganised and rude on check in. I would probably try another hostel in Edinburgh before coming back here.

The location of the hostel is great, near to everything you need. The staff however weren't great. As hostels go I've met some really cool and fun young people but these guys were just rude. When passing the the halls they never spoke or said hello. They never asked how we found things, or where was nice to eat or good to go out. Also if we were late to check out it was 10 pound per person per hour which is ridiculous if you ask me. And having no proper kitchen for the private dorms isn't sound

• 22nd Jul 2014

Great help my deskman.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I thought the room was very tiny for a 5-dorm. There was no room to comfortably walk in the room as the floor was occupied by our bags/luggages! The shower stall is old and toilets weren't flushing well and there was only one hook to hang your clothes and towels on and it was outside the stall! So it was visible for people to see!but it's central to everything so that was nice! And staff were very friendly!

• 19th Jul 2014

Bathrooms and kitchen were cleaned everyday by staff! Appreciated the £4 laundry service where staff washed and dried clothes, made use of the wifi available - very helpful and good connection! Towels provided at no additional cost! Very satisfied!

It was a very nice location even though it had only small rooms with 8 beds, and showers seperate for lady's and gents, but only seperated by a curtain. The location in the old town was perfect and easily at walkingdistance from train and busstation. It had a sittingroom and a gaming room with pooltable. Very nice and very friendly. Good kitchen.

• 17th Jul 2014

Nice clean rooms and great atmosphere :) perfect location as well Definite recommendation

• 13th Jul 2014

Fantastic location. In the heart and walking distance from EVERYTHING! Great staff.

• 12th Jul 2014

Overall great experience for the money. The staff was super friendly and helpful. My only gripe was that I did not like the shower area (old building, cramped space).

The staff was very helpful and very nice. They accomodated or tried their best to answer all my requests. The hostel is well located, it is easy to get everywhere from here. I really loves my stay.

Hostel staff were amazing and very helpful/knowledgable of the city. Getting discounts to local restaurants was pretty awesome too! Windows were open in the rooms due to lack of AC and flies were prevalent because backpackers smell! Also lack of electrical outlets in the rooms.

Very friendly staff and good clean facilities - I'll be back

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Really enjoyed my stay in the hostel. The staff were very friendly and the hostel was ideally located. Great discounts available at nearby stores and the beds were very comfortable.:)

• 8th Jul 2014

Very nice staff! Everything was in order and everyone we talked to was being really friendly. The location was fantastic, since you could practically see the station from where we lived, and the royal mile was just about 50 meters away. In the building for the private rooms the internet connection was good and since tou got your own key to the front door you could comee very fresh and and go as you like at any time. The toilets were nice. Cheers!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed at hotel for 2 days as a family with kids. We have had a excellent experience with Backpackers Hostel, so I can highly recommend it to all. We stayed at 3bedroom private room a we had own kitchen with all facilities and bathroom just next our door. Location is highly perfect, because you will live in the heart of the old town in Edinburgh.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff are friendly and very helpful. There was a problem with my suitcase and they helped me to solve the problem. however, the shower is not clean enough. It is also a bit difficult to store your belongings when taking shower.

This is an awesome hostel.. All the staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable, excellent location, clean and great common room and kitchen. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2014

They charge 3 pounds to store your luggage even for a couple of hours, which I find unfair and I've never seen before in any hostel in the world

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7