Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

The hostel is in the centre of the city, the people who works there were very nice and the room was fine too. Everything was perfect my weekend was wonderful. I recommend to everybody.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

In three days, i had two cold baths. I ask the staff and they say that i should wake up ealier. The thing is, i am not paying to wake up early just to have a hot shower.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Although it was just a night stay, I wish for more. Everything was more than what we expected and we had a very peaceful and comfortable night. The breakfast was fantastic and we couldn't ask for more. The only down side I can think of was that the windows are single glazing and the cold penetrated into the room easily. Nevertheless, the wall mounted heater were very warm and the blankets were very comfortable, which did not cause any issue for us.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 25-30

As far as hostels go: stayed in a few and had some near to bad experiences. However this one was just okay! Couple of things they could do better. 1. State there is a CASH deposit for the key when bookin. 2. Remove the old towels from the room from previous guests. 3. Bathroom - when in a hostel there should be a lock on the door that's usable. Hidden charges they get you with so watch out for them when checking in. Other than that. Enjoy

• 16th Apr 2014

Like most hostels in Edinburgh very good value. Can't really complain at the price. Showers were cold though.

Very central, cheap, with friendly staff and free wifi

• 14th Apr 2014

Ask if you will be placed in fleshey if so request something else. It is a dump.

I was arranged to stay in the building nearby and there were beggars at the roots of building. It was insecure if I was alone.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Really great place to stay. We got a private room for two of us so it was more like staying in a hotel but with a kitchen, games Rooms and great staff. Very clean. Will definitely come back.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Spain

All the staff was great especially Jade. It was very convenient access to the train station. Expenses for the accommodations was very good.

This girl Jade from reception desk, she was really helpful. She provide us with all information about everything, things to visit, prices, places to go out in a club, places to eat. She was our personal information desk. Very kind girl, always doing everything with smile and you can see that she really care about us, and that she want to help.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

It's very noisy to live there. The sound insulation of the wall and the doors cannot be endured any more. The heater beeped loudly every one hour , which seriously affected my next journey. Anyway, the location is nice. I think it deserves 15-20pounds a night.

Great value for money. Just two main problems that caused issue in my stay: There was a loud machinery type noise every now and again coming I think from above, early Sunday morning, not what you want after a big night out! I am pretty sure I got some bed bug bites from this hostel as I noticed them the morning of my third night there.

While we enjoyed our time at Edinburgh Backpackers, they advertised free wifi and we were unable to connect to this from the top floor of the building. The showers were awkward to say the least; there was little room to move or anywhere to hang your towels or belongings. The staff were friendly and made us feel welcome to their city. We would most likely return here in the future.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel convenient located in near the central train station. We had our room in a separated building which was quiet and fine for us.

• 1st Apr 2014

It can become very noisy when booked by groups. Only one toilet per gender in the site can be funny in busy times, youknowwhatimean?

Amazing location and friendly staff. En suite room not clean and very basic. Walls were also very thin which made sleeping difficult even with earplugs and tiredness affected my stay in Edinburgh.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I stayed in a private room across the street from the main hostel. The accommodation was basic but that's what I was expecting. If you're used to more expensive accommodation you might find it a bit rundown, but at the prices they charge I'll be using it again.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Downtown, near everything. Good choice for a weekend in Edinburgh.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Greece

Great location. The penthouse (double bed insuite) is just amazing! Good value for money!

• 21st Mar 2014