Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

The hostel has a great location, apart from that its below average. The room was dusty and smelt very bad, the bed sheets were not properly cleaned and smelt old and moldy. Not very secure either and very noisy with people slamming doors. Additionally they have a charge of 3 pounds to store luggage, which I have never encountered in any other hostel. Not value for money at all, could get a decent clean hotel if you plan in advance at the same price. I would not recommend this place.

Excellent stay, right in the heart of everything! Staff were great, really good local knowledge of the city. Nice big lockers, key cards & no curfew. Seems like everything is cleaned pretty regularly. Will be back :)

Very happy! Had a private room with shared bathroom for 2 nights. Arrived before check in time as we had an early flight, was allowed to have the room early as it was available. We didn't have any need for the communal areas as we ate out, however we had access to a very clean kitchen, so was able to keep milk for making tea. Bathroom and room were very clean and location was great. Also able to borrow umbrellas for free from reception!! Very decently average and excellent value for money.

• 1st May 2015

THE BEST HOSTEL YOU CAN EVEN DREAM. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO STAY THERE!

I'm usually someone who don't complain. This hostel is not so bad, but our room was really cold and we had only a small eater for Make it warmer. The shower had only 5mn of hot water (for 2, it's really short...) and Bathroom very cold too. In addition, you have to pay 5 pounds more if you Check out after 10am. And 3 pounds for the luggage room... First Time I see that. Anyway, the staff was very kind, no problem with that and perfect location !

• 27th Apr 2015

I think this place is the perfect spot when you want to go and visit the city of Edinburgh . Its location is perfect , situated in the heart of the old city ; It enables you to access to every shop and attraction in the city . Moreover , the staff are very welcoming and ready to help whenever you need . They don't hesitate to share their experience of the city .

• 24th Apr 2015

Fantastic location, very close to Waverley station. Felt a bit old though.

The hostel was very private & it was great that we could use the kitchen. Felt very comfortable there, would definitely come again.

Hygiene needs improving

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We were staying in the accommodation across from the hostel in a private room. The whole building was stale and had a strange smell every time we entered. The room itself was also stale and felt dirty, especially the bathroom. There was mould on the ceiling and the shower had obviously not been cleaned/maintained very well.

• 15th Apr 2015

I thought the hostel was a great value for the money. My two friends and I were staying in a private room and we're could stay in a 4 person room as long as we paid for the fourth bed. It was very clean and kept well. Beds were very comfy, free tea and coffee and a fantastic location

• 15th Apr 2015

Loved the friendly staff. Location was very central - another plus point. Room was clean and comfortable although a tad small. Checkout was slightly too early. Also, walls were a little thin and one could hear the other hostel patrons moving around and talking either very late at night or very early in the morning. (However, I know that they provide free earplugs, so that's ok)

• Malaysia

Incredibly located just off Royal Mile with first rate facilities, prices, and staff. Pleasure to stay here.

The hostel was pretty much good with an excellent location in the centre of the old town.The staff also was very kind and helpful.The room was nice for a hostel and the mattress very comfortable.However the toilets and the kitchen weren't so clean.Finally the prices were normal but it could have been cheaper or at least to include towels.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Great stay as always - can't beat the welcome or the location.

The location was the best thing about this hostel. It couldn't be better! The room and the were clean and the staff was nice. I would there.

very good hostel, good moment!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Improve your facilities: no stair for upper bed, no lock for the locker, shower floor is wet all the time

Very good value for money and great location. We were however surprised to see that there was a £3 charge to keep your luggage, which I'd never encountered at any other hostel. When we pointed this out to the staff they were quite rude about it. We also noticed that staff only change pillowcase and sheets, but do not change bedcovers for new guests.

• 1st Apr 2015

Once again Marek and the staff made my stay very comftable . Edinburgh Backpackers is a great Hostel and good value for Money to stay . I have been here a number of Times and I was never disappointed . Thanks to Marek and all the staff , keep up the good Work. The Xcross caffee is also something I would like to recommend .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6