8.1
Fabulous 5,636 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 5,636 Total Reviews
Edinburgh Backpackers Located at 65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH1 1BU 65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU
81% 5636
55.9506175 -3.1889104
    Rooms available

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
24th Sep 2016

Very good value for money in a perfect location in Edinburgh. No complaints what so ever. Would 100% recommend to anyone - easily as good as a hotel.

• England, Female, 31-40
24th Sep 2016

I stayed in the Flesh market accommodation in a single room. It was all I needed because I spent very little time in my room. The WiFi was excellent, the shared bathroom sufficient, and a towel was provided which I was not expecting. The little kitchenette lacked a sink but a quick trip to the bathroom to wash my cup and fill the kettle was not really a hardship. I will definitely book to stay there again if the need arises.

23rd Sep 2016
5.1

We were placed in a separate building just down the way from the main building via dark sketchy alley. The 14 room dorm was stuffy and awful, but for just one night we made do. The main building with the common area was beyond loud and was reminiscent of my 1st year dorm, just with more alcohol (if that is possible).

• Mexico, Female, 31-40
23rd Sep 2016

Overall the staff are helpful, they respond to any questions you may have and provide maps and suggestions of the city. The environment in general is ok and people usually clean up after themselves inside and outside the rooms. The bathrooms were for the most part clean but the bes thing about this hostel it's the location.

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Sep 2016
5.7

Dark, dingy, underground room with no windows, no light, no mobile reception and no Wifi signal at our end. Slow and unreliable internet even when it did work. Beds were sagging and falling apart. Corridors stank. All the main facilities (kitchen/common room/laundry/etc.) were in a different building, which entailed going up and down six sets of stairs & through the rain. Felt more like a prison room than a hostel. Oh and the electricity cut out during our stay too. But hey it was cheap

• mirtaaguirre
  • Argentina, Female, 25-30
21st Sep 2016
6.6

One of the receptionists, markus, was extremely impolite, disrespectful and rude. As a customer you expect a receptionist to receive you friendly, theyre supposed to make you feel welcome so you enjoy your stay, come back if you come and recommend the place to other people. Shouldn't explain the obvious, but apparently markus doesn't know that. He treated me really rudEly when checking in, making me feel stupid for asking basic questions, and that I was bothering him. There was no complaint book

• England, Couple, 25-30
19th Sep 2016

Great location! Staff were friendly too. We stayed in the double rooms and not the main hostel so we didn't use the main facilities but the ones we had (kitchin and TV in room) were sufficient for us! Bathrooms were clean as was the room, maybe a little bit of DIY would have been good in places (around our window frame, in the kitchin) but it's all stuff that for staying a few nights really doesn't matter. The only "downside" is the lack of breakfast, but then again, you get a kitchin.

• Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
18th Sep 2016
6.6

Great location for very reasonable price. Nice big rooms, comfy beds, nice bedding. My big problem with this place was the local staff (I'm guessing there is more people working than guests) - they were sort of everywhere, all the time. The common room was full of them, they were in the kitchen nearly all the time cooking with things everywhere... Don't get me wrong, there was few nice girls at there reception, but that's about it, the rest are just very rude people.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
17th Sep 2016
7.4

Rooms and bathrooms were all nice and clean, except the second floor had a putrid smell to it, luckily I was on the next floor up but had to use second floor bathrooms. A bit hard to sleep as its quite noisy outside. Great location. I asked a member of the staff about where a good bar would be to go, and she said 'well I don't drink so I can't tell you'. I thought working at a hostel you'd have to know these kind of things, she was a bit rude. Everyone else was nice though.

• France, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2016

I would have prefer to get the keys of the boxes without further costs or asking. Otherwise, it was very good !