Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent place to stay. Very convienently located, close to the train station, close to the supermarket and located right on the main road of Pitlochry. The receptionist, Ryan, was a fantastic guy. Cheers from the Canadian duo, man.

We stayed in a 2 person twin bed en-suite room. In the bathroom the hot water tap did not work and the shower had very little pressure. The floor was not very clean overall, especially in a cupboard, which had some very unpleasant black stains that could even have been rats' or mice excrements (we did not investigate it). Overall just about bearable for one night, but very bad value for money despite great location.

• 30th Jun 2015

Have been staying here regularly for over a year for work and pleasure and found it a perfect budget place. It's central, has lovely friendly staff and a good mix of other guests. This time also took advantage of the deal that gets discounted food at the Souther Cross cafe next door-had a lovely full Scottish breakfast

we travelled as 5 people but we were placed in 2 rooms in 2 different buildings. hallway in both buildings were smelly. Cleanliness of toilets did not meet our expectations.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Cyprus

We were only staying at the hostel for one night, but it was clean and comfortable enough for a longer stay. We had an en-suite twin room. The size of both the room and the bathroom were good. It was quiet, even though the location is very central. Our only complaint would be of the bird poop in the window, and the smell of urine from outside.

I chose this hostel as I read many nice reviews about it. But on arrival I saw how dirty the bathroom was. Like it has not been cleaned for a year. I did not dear to have a shower as I did not wanted to get dirty. The toilet brush was ancient and old hair all over the bathrooms floor. The stafft , location and atmosphere great. Just because of dirtiness I would never recommend any friend to stay there, which is a shame.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Latvia

The staff were really friendly, and the location is fantastic. I stayed in a room where the walls had holes, the security door can be opened easily without a lock code, the place was noisy.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Jordan

Perfect location, average room & facilities but unfriendly and unhelpful staff.

Really enjoyed my stay! The location and staff were great. Could have been cleaner, but was still clean by hostel's standards!

• 19th Jun 2015

I've been visiting this backpackers for many years now. Don't expect a hotel, cause it isn't. Made friends here, who have continued to be part of my life. Location is excellent, in the middle of my favourite part of the old town.

• 17th Jun 2015

The situation is perfect and is a hostel in an old building but it's ok. If you want to hang out with people travelling like you, cooking to save some money from your holidays and staying in the centre of the old town in Edinburgh is your place. Maybe it could be cleaner and breakfast is always a plus for me if its possible but i have no other complaints. People who works there is very nice and prepared to show you how to move there and to go out at night.

The location could not be more perfect!! Right next to everything and a really good price. Loved it so much I stayed two extra days.

This hostel is in a great location and has everything basic you could need.

Had a great time at this hostel, the rooms were clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful. It also has nice common rooms for socialising. Will be back if I ever return to Edinburgh

This hostel is disgusting. There was chewed gum on the bunk I was in, the ladder fell as I was trying to get out, I didn't shower because I would have been dirtier after than when I got in. I left very early after a sleepless night just to get away from the filth. Extremely disappointed.

The location was perfect - the Royal Mile is just around the corner, Edinburgh Waverley station just 3 min walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. However, the facilities were terrible. I stayed in a private room, which wasn't located in the main building but in a different building at Fleshmarket Close. Everything was old and dirty. There was no staff at this building.

The staff was by far th best part! Highly recommend!

• 10th Jun 2015

We had a great time with Edinburgh Backpackers. The Staff and atmosphere was wonderful and made our trip even better. The location of the hostel is unbeatable and put us right in the center of the city. The hostel was clean and secure. We particularly enjoyed the discount with the Southern Cross Cafe next door. We had breakfast there every morning. Thanks for helping us have such a great trip. We will be back!

• 6th Jun 2015

Very friendly staff Much cleaner than I expected a Backpackers to be Water in the shower (main building, 3rd floor) was cold No facilities for preparing a meal at 8, Fleshmarket Close Our room 6 at 8, Fleshmarked Close was extremely small. As I saw that there are bigger ones as well, I would have liked an information or possibility for selection when booking.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

It was surprise to pay extra 3 GBP (4,2 EUR or 4,6 USD) to leave the luggage for couple hours after check out on reception! There are no free tea/coffee, nor sugar for guests on the kitchen. Not the most coziest and guest-friendly hostel I have visited ever.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7