Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Bathrooms and kitchen were cleaned everyday by staff! Appreciated the £4 laundry service where staff washed and dried clothes, made use of the wifi available - very helpful and good connection! Towels provided at no additional cost! Very satisfied!

It was a very nice location even though it had only small rooms with 8 beds, and showers seperate for lady's and gents, but only seperated by a curtain. The location in the old town was perfect and easily at walkingdistance from train and busstation. It had a sittingroom and a gaming room with pooltable. Very nice and very friendly. Good kitchen.

• 17th Jul 2014

Fantastic location. In the heart and walking distance from EVERYTHING! Great staff.

• 12th Jul 2014

Overall great experience for the money. The staff was super friendly and helpful. My only gripe was that I did not like the shower area (old building, cramped space).

The staff was very helpful and very nice. They accomodated or tried their best to answer all my requests. The hostel is well located, it is easy to get everywhere from here. I really loves my stay.

Very friendly staff and good clean facilities - I'll be back

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Really enjoyed my stay in the hostel. The staff were very friendly and the hostel was ideally located. Great discounts available at nearby stores and the beds were very comfortable.:)

• 8th Jul 2014

Very nice staff! Everything was in order and everyone we talked to was being really friendly. The location was fantastic, since you could practically see the station from where we lived, and the royal mile was just about 50 meters away. In the building for the private rooms the internet connection was good and since tou got your own key to the front door you could comee very fresh and and go as you like at any time. The toilets were nice. Cheers!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed at hotel for 2 days as a family with kids. We have had a excellent experience with Backpackers Hostel, so I can highly recommend it to all. We stayed at 3bedroom private room a we had own kitchen with all facilities and bathroom just next our door. Location is highly perfect, because you will live in the heart of the old town in Edinburgh.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff are friendly and very helpful. There was a problem with my suitcase and they helped me to solve the problem. however, the shower is not clean enough. It is also a bit difficult to store your belongings when taking shower.

This is an awesome hostel.. All the staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable, excellent location, clean and great common room and kitchen. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2014

They charge 3 pounds to store your luggage even for a couple of hours, which I find unfair and I've never seen before in any hostel in the world

Good location great directions from train station but having to climb over 100 steps to get from reception to my room would stop me from staying there again

Very polite staff. Let us leave our bags for free both the day we checked in and they day we checked out. Rooms were clean. We were by the bathroom so it was kind of loud, but both of us slept well enough.

The location is nice. Everything you want to see or visit is very close. There was a grumpy blonde receptionist, but the rest of the staff was extra nice. The whole facilities, in general, reminded me of a local bar in my home country, so it was quite a nice stay :)

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

This Hostel is literally in the Middle of the city. Great Location, great atmosphere, it's hard to have a bad time in Scotland! Definitely you should book this hostel it's great in all aspects.

The staircases are toooooo long for a hostel that doesn't have lifts.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • China

Everything perfect, except there wasn't any hot water in the showers...

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

We slept in a seperate building from the hostel, directly at the royal mile! Nice bright clean room with a nice view out of the window. Comfortable bed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. No noice at night. Great!!!

• 29th Jun 2014

We stayed in the annex opposite the hostal which was a good and quiet option. We were lucky having a huge room, easily fitting three beds. It had a separate kitchen with all the facilities. It was simple, as you can expect from a hostel, but excellent value for money. Cute street and fantastic location!

• 29th Jun 2014