Fabulous 5,312 Total Reviews
Fabulous 5,312 Total Reviews
Edinburgh Backpackers Located at 65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH1 1BU 65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU
83% 5312
55.9506175 -3.1889104
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
7.4

Wifi barely worked in my room. Staff was nice, bathrooms were okay. Great location though and cafe next store is really good.

• England, Female, 41+
25th Jun 2016

This hostel has to be in one of the best locations in Edinburgh! I had a private ensuite room which was clean and comfortable with a spacious bathroom. It was very quiet - the only sounds were people entering or leaving their rooms. The guy on Reception couldn't have been more helpful. I returned to the hostel around 2am and didn't feel unsafe. The area around the hostel entrance was well lit, there were lots of people about and a takeaway restaurant nearby was conveniently still open.

• Australia, Female, 41+
21st Jun 2016
6.6

I booked a private room as I had an early train the next day. Room was ok but the vertical blinds on the window did nothing to block the bright street light fixed to the building right near my window - it was like full daylight all night and I got little sleep as a result. It would have been nice to be informed that there was no bathroom on my floor so I didn't have to go in search.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2016

I arrived at this hostel alone and pretty distressed over some unforseen events. The staff were extremely kind to me, and did what they could to help me out in my situation. Facilities were nice and I slept well. It can get a bit loud at night, but that's nothing some free earplugs won't solve.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
7.4

Overall a good experience, especially for the money! The womens bathrooms/showers always smelled rank, and the blow dryers didn't work most of the time. The power outlets also rarely worked. One of the rooms I stayed in smelled musty and dirty, but the other room was fine. The staff was very nice and helpful. The pub downstairs was extremely loud at night.

6.9

We rented a private room for 3 and we're in a building on the other side if the street. Good: Great location, just around the corner from the train station and the Royal Mile. The room was also quite spacious, towels were provided and beds were made. Negative: the building really needs to be refurbished, very thin windows (lots of noise from street) and the curtains didn't block any light at all which is annoying if the sun rises at 430

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
4.6

The building was secure with a pass code. The hallways and staircases weren't too bad, when we entered our dorm we were greeted with the grossest room. MOLD at the base of the walls. Layers of dirt caked up the walls. Stains on the bedsheets and pillow cases (literal head sweat and drool stains). A broken bunk bed with no upper rail (a complete safety hazard). Caked dirt on the carpet. Disgusting. We checked out, got our money back (after a snide comment from the manager) and stayed elsewhere.

16th Jun 2016

The staff and location were great. A very helpful bunch. I slept in the 8 bed dorm, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with why it smelt so bad in our room. There is no breakfast and you have to rent towels, but for only paying $20 a night, I can live with that. You are in the center of everything!

15th Jun 2016

All good except incident: I was sitting on a bed that was not mine (but not taken) while I put on my shoes when a staff Spanish woman who was vacuuming very rudely asked me if that was mine. I told her no but that I was only putting on my shoes. She told me in a very condescending tone that it didn't matter and to not touch any other bed even for a second. Felt like a typical discrimination incident by Spaniards towards Latinamericans. All other staff great (including other Spanish staff).

• France, Male, 18-24
11th Jun 2016
6.0

Bed was ok, accommodations are good and staff friendly, the room was smelling awful though. I find the price a bit expensive, £17 for a 14 beds dorm in a medium sized city, there is no bar nor included breakfast nor towel to justify this price in my opinion...