Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

I late and quite tiredand after paying my bill retired to a comfortable room,next morning returning my key I was informed that I had been overcharged and the money returned to me. As I was unaware that I had been overcharged I was very happy that the staff also very helpfull was very honest.I will be very happy to use this hostel the next time I am in the area

• 4th Feb 2016
  • Northern Ireland

Mattress was very new, no lumps, showers were spotless, hot and strong. LOTS of stairs but not too bad.

• 1st Feb 2016

Hello, this was my first time staying in a hostel and I was very impressed. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room and facilities were very clean and comfortable. Thanks

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Location is great, as is the coffe shop next door, and that's it for the pros. Now for the cons: Our private room was very small and gave us allergies. The sheets didn't feel very clean either. When we checked out they charged us for printing the flight tickets which is kinda lame.

Gd location close to Waverley train station. Would stay there again Gd value for money

£15 for a singles room, I doubt there is a better price anywhere else in the city. Very quirky accommodation, entering through a door on fleshmarket close, iv passed that door a million times and never noticed it. Very friendly helpful and happy staff always available. I expected it to be cold but it wasn't as cold as expected as the heaters are always running The wifi didn't work when I was there Next time I would take earplugs so that I can get to sleep faster but I did sleep well

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Scotland

The shower was a bit pathetic, if you wanted hot water you had to have the weakest water stream ever. Honestly though, nothing else to complain about: it was worth what we paid and we loved it.

• 14th Jan 2016

I could ask for more. Great location, lovely and clean, great staff. I would stay here again anytime. I

Staff were friendly, hostel was nice. I had a great time. :-)

• 27th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

They could accept credit card payment

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Spain

The private room (ensuite) was massively overprized (£60/night) for what we were offered: 1. the room was tiny (6m2 at most) & it didn't help that they stuffed 2 single beds in this broom closet - one might consider bunk beds 2. the window didn't open. So after a shower the room was litterally transformed into a steam bath (we had to open the door in order not to suffocate). 3. the bedding dated probably pre war & looked shabby. In sum, we paid less in a 3star hotel in LON & got a better deal

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

Although we were disappointed that we were not in the nice main building in all the pictures, but down the fleshmarket alley, this meant that although we had access to the kitchen in the main building, we would have had to gone across to it instead of having one where we were satying. The room was OK, although the catch on the window was broken. So the noise from the alleyway was quite loud. The bathroom was very cramped (we stayed in a private double with ensuite). Not good value for money.

• 18th Dec 2015

Nice and clean. Just so horrible noise of the pipelines each time someone use toilets or showers, and toilet was next to the room, so from 10am u can not sleep anymore, as the cleaner is doing their job.

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Very cheap hostel, near the city centre( about 500 metres). Staff is friendly and helpful. In the other hand, cleaning in the bathroom isn't good, but for two or three nights is ok.

• 10th Dec 2015

the hostel was great

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Malta

This is not the first time I have stayed at edinburgh backpackers, and there is a reason I keep going back. The location is brilliant, the staff are always friendly, welcoming and informative and the facilities are top notch. Can't say enough about how much I love staying here when visiting the city. Thanks again for another fantastic stay! Until next time guys :)

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. My room (single room) was in the dependence just behind the main building. The room was small but big enough for its purpose. The hostel was quiet but the street outside the window was quite busy and noisy at night. There were three bathrooms and they were all very clean. The wifi signal was available in the main building only though, which was a bit disappointing.

Very good location. Lack of atmosphere and services. Our room was not clean (also linen clothes) We had an issue with the shower, they tried to help us, but they couldnt. The cafe next to the hostel was expensive and the waitress was rude to us. Just for jumping to sleep at night for less than 2 days.

Thanks for your feedback, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, the plumber came and fixed your shower as soon as you let reception know there was a problem, the cafe next door supplies a full cooked breakfast for £6.95 which we think is definately worth the money. I'm not sure what services you required that we don't provide but we have 24 hour reception so you just had to ask. happy travels

People coming home at night chatting loud in the hallway. So maybe you can hand out earplugs? :)

• 28th Nov 2015

Thanks for your feedback, we supply free earplugs at reception which are available 24 hours a day. With our great location sometimes it can get a bit noisy. Happy travels

Turned up gone midnight to find the window wide open in November- had to wear all my clothes to sleep! Private room down an alley not in the main building which wouldn't recommend for people travelling in they own. Very cheap and staff friendly. The cafe they give you a discount for next door is excellent!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7