Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

It was not the 1st Time , that I have stayed in Edinburgh Backpackers and it was definitely not the last Time. Edinburgh Backpackers well lives up to his Name , Backpackers and real Travellers know exactly what that Word Backpackers actually stands for. Staying in Edinburgh city centre for just 10 quit a Night , in a nice clean Room with a warm Bed wich get Bedsheets for free and changed daily , in my Book that is UNBEATEBLE. Edinburgh Backpackers offers everything and more anyone needs

Have been staying here a night a week (for work reasons) for almost a year. It's been a great base and just what you need from a hostel in Old Town. The location is great, the staff are excellent and friendly and the facilities are what you would expect for a hostel like this, free wifi a godsend. Noise levels are low most of the time, only once a twice in Festival was it noisy and that was from the street. If you need a good budget place to stay then I'd recommend Edinburgh Backpackers

Staying at EBH was really great. The location is perfect and in the heart of old town, my bunk bed was really comfy, the safe were friendly and very helpful! The facilities were really great also, overall this was a great hostel to stay in and I would definitely go back. Thanks guys, maybe see you again soon :)

• 18th Nov 2014

It was really noisy at night, and our room was right under an old, wooden, creaky flight of stairs

• 17th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

The hostel location was very good. The staff were very helpful. The showers were very bad ,little or no power in the water. The kitchen had very little pots or cutlery and everything had to be washed before use. The hostel is very run down and the decor needs to be updated.

Lot of disturbance from other rooms... Whenever doors of other rooms were shut we can feel noise in our room which was very annoying

• 14th Nov 2014
  • India

Great location. Nice, small room, but the bed was too squeaky.... Clean bathroom and toilet... The staff were nice.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Romania

Loved our room, thanks!

The property is in an excellent location. It was extremely noisy in our room due to the pub's smoking area being outside our room window. This wasn't helped by the single glazed windows which are very old and really could do with replacing as they were also very drafty making the room very cold. The radiator even when turned onto maximum power wasn't enough. Also the duvet was a summer one so that wasn't warm either. There was also lots of dust particularly behind the door to the bathroom.

• 13th Nov 2014

Everything was excellent! Location was good and convenient to everything around. Though the charges to keep luggages per piece was a little "different" from other hostels i've stayed in. Nevertheless we had a comfortable stay.

We had a very nice stay at the backpackers hostel. We have a nice big room for two persons. We recommend this room nr 1. It was in the other building, thanks for this room.

• 8th Nov 2014

no working wifi- no interest of the stuff to solve the problem

The beds were wonderfully comfortable. The linens were clean, and the pillows plump, and I had a better night's sleep than in my dorm.

• 5th Nov 2014

Location is good but staff only introduce few place you can go,so you need to do research on the internet first. I live in a single room which it opposite with the hostel. It great , but I stay there for three day also can't hire the hairdryer ~If you very concern that you must bring one yourself, coz they only have one hairdryer to provide.

Great location and friendly staff.

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for 1 night in an 8 bed dorm. We chose a hostel as it was cheap and we were going out for drinks that night before getting an early flight the next day. Biggest mistake we ever made, you pay for what you get, Staff are nice and helpful but this is a party hostel, room was noisy and smelly and bunks had bed bugs!! People were coming back at all hours drunk with no respect for the people trying to sleep, Stay here if you want to party otherwise avoid like the plague

Very pleasant and helpful staff. Perfect location. I will be back!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Israel

Location is good. But the facility is not very good. The kitchen and the living are small. And the 16 mix dome room is on another building, very very inconvenient . Furthermore, leave luggage should pay 3 pounds when you check out. very bad! I will never choose it again. I know why the lonely planet doesn't recommend this to the backpackers. it's really not very good.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • China

I was placed in a different building, which made things a bit hard for using the common toom and the kitchen. Also over there the door was a bit odd placed and the wifi didi not worked until the last night. On the other hand it is a lovely location, 5 seconds away from where most tours start, and has a beautiful caffe next door that was also amazing. It is clean enough and you dont get cold!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Mexico

The private room we stayed in was perfect. Very well located, this hostel was perfect for our short stay. The street is noisy, but we still had an amazing time there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7