Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

I was in the second building, another building, not the principal. dark rooms, old building, fatiscent door, a little windows in my room, no colours, no common room. I can't speack about the principal building but if unfotunately they will put you in the second building, you will fell like in a reformatory . after two days I change hostel and I go in another near the catsle (super!) In the backpacker hostel, at reception very cold and not smart

Right In the heart of the city just off the royal mile, it's a perfect place for a night or two. I am not the fairest critic as I arrived at 9pm and left at 7am the next morning but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Helps that I knew one of the staff from my hometown.

very nice and helpful staff not only at the hostel reception but also at the southern cross cafe (very recommended!). would stay there again anytime!

• 20th May 2014

Great place, in a great area! Staff and super friendly

Absolutely brilliant, could not have asked for anything more! Will definitely be back.

• 16th May 2014

Great hostel. Me and my girlfriend got a private room, which is like a 3 minute walk from the hostel, very comfortable and clean, with a awesome central location. Definitely recommend it!!

Great place, very central, perfect for a quick stay in Edinburgh, close to everything. Friendly staff.

• 14th May 2014

Really emjoyed my day there. With the location being in the middle of the tourists attractions, the price of this hostel was perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were really comfortable to stay in. (There's also WIFI!!!). I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• 14th May 2014
  • Denmark

We loved staying at Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel :) the location was excellent and we made friends with the lovely staff members. Thankyou

Very nice hostel

Brilliant location.

• 10th May 2014

It was in a perfect location and the staff were so helpful and accommodating when we changed plans and needed to stay some extra nights. The kitchen was nice to have and the bathrooms were a little dirty but its a hostel and not a hotel. Overall it was a great place to stay and especially I can't get over how perfect the location was!

Great hostel, great staff, great atmosphere. Everyone made me feel extremely welcome and were very helpful. Real hostel atmosphere :)

Super value of money... I stayed in the top floor single private , shared bathroom.

• 7th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

The only thing that I would assess as negative was the fee for the luggage storage on the day of departure. I think there should be none, it should be self-evident and I've never had to pay for it before.

• 7th May 2014

Before I've only ever stayed in dorms in the main part of the hostel, which was lovely. This time it was in a private 4 bedroom, located in a different building and it felt slightly unsecure, especially when we got shown the building there were homeless people camped outside in a dark corner of the alley and the receptionist didn't even acknowledge this. The lock on the room door wasn't fully functioning, room wasn't hoovered and sheets had stains. Nevertheless, reasonable price and great staff.

While small, the rooms were clean, neat and tidy, and had everything necessary for a few nights stay, some of which had nothing planned; a comfortable bed, a complimentary towel, a TV, a lamp, a bedside cabinet, and a couple of power sockets. Can't ask for more.

• 5th May 2014

2 nights in the penthouse flat. Would stay again - great value for money. Thanks.

For a hostel that can't provide laundry facilities I would assume staff should be able to tell you exactly where a laundry is, how to get there, when it opens/closes and how much it costs. Apparently not- look it up, you'll do just as well as me I was told (you'll have trouble!) Everything else was alright. Showers were difficult to not get your stuff wet though.

Great place in the heart of the city, it shouldn't disappoint anyone!