Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Staff very friendly, my door lock wouldn´t work and they sort it straight away. However, the toilets were in a quite bad condition and were unisex! Very noisy at night, earplugs recommended!

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Great place, no drama's. Recommended.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thanks to Marek and all the Staff of Edinburgh Backpackers , I had a really nice Stay again . I did sleep at the 14 Bed Dorm / Dorm 5 , to me the Best Dorm at the Hostel , very clean like all other Dorms anyway but also very nice and spacy. The Staff is very friendly and EXTREMLY helpfully , the Hostel is a old Building with lots of nice Character , perfect for a old City like Edinburgh. The location of the Hostel is great , not far from everything you need. I recommend this Hostel to enyone :)

Love that they gave me free ear plugs! The street can get a little noisy at night but they were very helpful. Very friendly staff, perfect location.

• 27th Mar 2015

First night in twin ensuites was great! But the second night was a friday and we stayed at a double bedroom with shared bathrooms and there was no heat in the room or the male shower! Beside that the hostel have nice staff, good prices and excellent localization!

• 27th Mar 2015

We got a private room for an awesome price here. Wifi was not so good at night but I think that's because the Japanese couple next door we're downloading or watching movies. Shower pressure was not very good at all. Heater in the room was fabulous. Very centre of the city would stay again for sure

There was an issue with the wifi but it was fixed quickly. The kitchen was very helpful. It was a bit noisy in the morning from the street outside. In a three person room, the bed was a bit creaky. Would definitely go again. Great location and very hellpful staff.

• 26th Mar 2015

We stayed 3 nights in here and i must say it was a good place to stay! We booked twin private room with shared bathroom, the prices was totally shocked us, it was so cheap for hostel in centre! Overall the place is soooo good, recepcionist are friendly (they gave us free luggage storage for 2/3hours), and the kitchen was quite clean. Oh yes! And wifi is free in rooms!!

Very friendly and relaxed staff, and location is excellent because you are right in the middlle of the old town center, however it is very quiet at night.

My four friends and I really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly, the location of the hostel was very central. The room was great and the beds nice. The kitchen was well equipped

• 24th Mar 2015

I was in a 14 bed dorm, and it was not pleasant. The bed hurt my back, as the mattress was maybe an inch thick and lumpy. The linen looked like it had seen better days, and the lamp was falling apart. Hardly any outlets in the dorm. Had to go to the hallway to get wifi. My room also was in a different building than the hostel, which was weird. The bathroom was clean, but I didn't try the showers. The lockers were a great size, which was very helpful.

Stayed in a private double ensuite, it was clean, warm at night and secure, good shower too! - would definitely stay there again when I visit Edinburgh

Decent place, excellent location. The hot water for showers ran out very quickly.

Nice hostel, close to the center with cheap prices. However, the showers were cold in the morning.

I would get rid of the additional costs for very minor facilities, i.e. 3 pounds per item for storing your luggage after having checked out - this should instead be seen as a gesture of hospitality.

• 18th Mar 2015

We had a nice and big private room with free coffee and tea! It was a bit noisy on the streets but you can geht free earplugs at the reception which is very nice. The employes are very friendly and helpfull. We Had a nice stay Had also The breakfast at the Restaurant nearby was very good.

Great helpful staff and probably one of the best locations in Edinburgh!

• 11th Mar 2015

Some small issues, uncomfy bed, pretty bad soundproofing and the tv didn't work but for what it is, it's a great location, you get cafe discounts and the staff are friendly. Convenient and good for first time travellers to Edinburgh as it's right in the heart of old town and close to transport and food.

• 9th Mar 2015

It would have been nice if the check out time was later

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Average hostel. Kitchen is good, rooms OK. Showers didn't have hot water by 10am and toilets and bathroom were full of water. Didn't like the £3 charge to keep your luggage either. Alright but have been to better hostels