Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff is very nice. It very suitable the traveller with backpackers. However, I'm travel with the suitcase, I found it is difficult to me to carry it to upstairs and without lift. The kitchen is very well enough, all of the tools for meal can find. The TV connect is not stable enough but it's fine.

• 31st May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Signage for room wasn't accurate but other than that I have no complaints.

• 29th May 2015
  • Scotland

Three of us stayed in the 3-bed room, located opposite the main building of the hostel. I cannot vouch for the main building with communal dorms, but our facilities (huge room with kitchen and a bathroom) were amazing and very clean. They provided towels, and basic kitchen stuff. Staff was hugely friendly and helpfull. Only a couple of slight negative points: the internet did not work in our building, and the windows are single-glazed, hence cold room and loud nights (located in busy street).

• 29th May 2015

The location was great. The staff were helpful. It was incredibly loud at night. The room was really dirty. It looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. The bathroom was disgusting as well. The furniture in the rooms was a little beat up as well. That's not a problem, but some of the lockers looked like they might fall apart if they had a heavy backpack put in them.

Good atmosphere, location great and staff super helpful and friendly. I was happy not to have to use the showers. The luggage store service is great!

The 10 pound deposit for keys seemed a little high, they charged 3 pounds to watch your bag for the day, if you arrived early or had to check out before you had to leave. Not to mention a hidden additional fee that I was forced to pay above the total amount Hostelworld stated was remaining to pay. The man I believe to be the manager was rude, rushing and hostel (pardon the double entendre) towards me & wouldn't let me check in unless I paid an overage, even though I had already paid the amt owed

The shower stalls were small, but I now realize that is the norm in Scotland. My first shower was freezing, but I guess I just went at the wrong time (same time as everyone else), because all my other showers were nice and hot.

Really nice place, friendly, lively, cheery, near shops, bars and restraints, 5mins from train station, comfy bed. Was a pleasure. Great value!!!

• 27th May 2015