Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

The hostel was very comfortable and the staff was incredibly helpful!

We booked a double room, and were so lucky as to get what almost seemed like our "own apartment", with a kitchen shared only between four rooms, only two rooms on our floor, a separat toilet on our floor etc. In addition the room was very cosy, and it even came with neatly folded towels on the bed.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Norway

We only stayed one night as a stop over before a tour. Was in a 4 bed private. Was in a great location and had everything you needed. Good vibe to it.

Ridiculously and cheap and perfect location, right near Waverly station in the heart of old town. Facilities and everything are fine.

staff are very unfriendly and the room many mosquitoes

The cleanliness for the hostel was ok. But not the bed. There have bed bugs on the bed, I got more than 40 bed bugs bites on different parts of my body when I stay 3 days in that bed.

• Malaysia

I had a lot of fun and everybody was relly nice...I hope to come back soon! Thanks :)

• 16th Jun 2014

Staff were helpful and discounts at local cafés were helpful.

• 16th Jun 2014

staff r nice n the atmosphere is good. hot water is reliable before 10pm. excellent location near to the all major sightseeing

Amazing location, right off the Royal Mile. Really friendly reception staff, who were always happy to help and/or recommend things to do etc.

Great place to stay. Staff are very helpful. Really close to everything you could want to see.

• 13th Jun 2014

Amazing! We were right in the center of all attractions. Castle, museums, galleries, restaurants, Princess Street! Really recommend! It is loud but you can always use earplugs :)

• Lithuania

One of our beds was broken. I am not sure if the hostel really doesn't have any common rooms where you can just sit and relax - at least the staff didn't tell us about any. Its ok to stay there, but there are much better hostels around.

Great place to stay and reasonably priced

• New Zealand

The double room with shared facilities and over looking a treed courtyard was excellent and restfull at the end of our 8 week long o/s trip.

Everything is £5 extra. Rooms are fine but not the cleanest. Hair dryer we rented was a waste if time. We were on the top floor. 6 gents right next to the ladies showers. Not ideal really. One plug socket in the room worked. Zero room to hang anything. £15 per man or night not too bad but not the best value I've ever seen. Probably wouldn't stay at this one in the future.

• All Male Group, 25-30

You guys were jest great..keep da good job up!!!!!!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

This was my first Hostel stay ever. However, the staff was awesome, the place was clean, and the beds were fairly comfortable. All in all, I think I'm going to start staying in hostels from now on due to this very positive experience.

Friendly staff, tidy dorms and a great atmosphere, right at the heart of Old Town Edinburgh. Always someone to chat to in the common areas.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Finland

Great place had everything we needed. Full kitchen full bathrooms and bedrooms all had key card access. Location was excellent and our host Jade was great! Very friendly and helpful staff. I only had one issue that the hot water was limited so take your showers before peak times.

• 1st Jun 2014