Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

It's a good experience, no complaints. Make sure you keep your dorm key with you at all times, even when you go to the bathroom.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Colombia

For myself it seems that the experience is somewhat dependent on are you staying in the main building or at the next door. Personally i found the 14 bed dorm on Fleshmarket close to be the best value at this property.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Finland

Worst stay I have ever had in a hostel. The heating was not working and the unfriendly staff refused to give us a second duvet. The room and especially the bathroom was terribly dirty as if it was not cleaned for weeks. There were so many hair in the shower, that the water could not float. Additionally, the room was very noisy, as the windows are very thin and there were renovations (of the hostel) starting every morning at 8. I would never recommend this hostel to anybody!

• 29th Oct 2013

I booked with 2 others but we were separated in the room as were another group of 3 and of 6. It didn't make sense to not keep people who booked together by each other. Wifi not great in the room.

The single rooms are very good quality, better than dormitory for the cleanless, the space, etc. A real flat for your own!

Very good location, the best meeting point where you can meet new people and party with them =). Girls from other rooms want action and smile at you while meeting on the hallway )). This hostel is definitely very good option to stay for young people. I am sure I will come again...I hope its gonna be the same experience with the same atmosphere and the same posibilities to meet people.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Czech Republic

This is a great hostel to stay in and I would definitely stay here again! The staff was super friendly and helpful with planning out what to do. The room we stayed in (14 bed dorm) was big and spacious. The bathrooms were good enough and pretty cleanly (not the worst I've seen) . The location was excellent! Literally a 5 minute walk to the heart of downtown! It was also nice that we got a discount breakfast next door (which was a really nice cafe). I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 25th Oct 2013

I stayed in a mixed 6-bedroom dorm for one night. Staff was friendly, the place was clean enough (I expected it to be a lot worse) and the location awesome. I wouldn't have wanted to stay longer, but that's simply because I don't like mixed dorms. You can really not expect more for the money I paid. I'm very satisfied and would recommend it to anybody without high standards that just want to sleep in a very central location. :)

• 25th Oct 2013

I've been to this hostel twice when traveling Edinburgh and will keep returning to it. Excellent location in Old town, close to the train station, the Castle, Arthur's Seat, and many restaurants and pubs to eat. Offers a good discount to the cafe next door for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The staff is friendly and it's a bonus that the hostel is open 24 hours. It's more than worth it's price.

This location is good, i just stayed for 2 nights and it was enough! No elevators but it was ok. It is only 2 mins away from the station and the centre so perfect location! The only thing one must know is that you can hear people walking in tje corridor which they might ruin your sleep!! And the street might get to noisey during the night! But for 2 nights, i wasnt expecting anything 5 star service so it was ok!! This is a place good afterall!!

great location. you will need earplugs if you're a light sleeper only because the stairwell ceiling is high and everything echoes.

I got a single room in the outbuilding, which was basically ok apart from the fact that the window could not be fully locked. However, the facilities there were a real pain. There was only one uncomfortable shower for all men, and the two toilets were incredibly narrow, and you even could not lock one of them anymore. A friend of mine stayed at the main building, and the room and facilities looked much nicer there.

Friendly staff and good accommodations, great location and showers weren't bad. Take a shower at night to make sure you get one. Wifi terribly slow though. Breakfast vouchers were good.

The staff of the reception is very good and the room is large enough for the 4 people. Generally speaking, it was a good and enjoyable space for living.

• 18th Oct 2013