Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Ridiculously and cheap and perfect location, right near Waverly station in the heart of old town. Facilities and everything are fine.

staff are very unfriendly and the room many mosquitoes

The cleanliness for the hostel was ok. But not the bed. There have bed bugs on the bed, I got more than 40 bed bugs bites on different parts of my body when I stay 3 days in that bed.

• Malaysia

I had a lot of fun and everybody was relly nice...I hope to come back soon! Thanks :)

• 16th Jun 2014

Staff were helpful and discounts at local cafés were helpful.

• 16th Jun 2014

staff r nice n the atmosphere is good. hot water is reliable before 10pm. excellent location near to the all major sightseeing

Amazing location, right off the Royal Mile. Really friendly reception staff, who were always happy to help and/or recommend things to do etc.

Great place to stay. Staff are very helpful. Really close to everything you could want to see.

• 13th Jun 2014

Amazing! We were right in the center of all attractions. Castle, museums, galleries, restaurants, Princess Street! Really recommend! It is loud but you can always use earplugs :)

• Lithuania

One of our beds was broken. I am not sure if the hostel really doesn't have any common rooms where you can just sit and relax - at least the staff didn't tell us about any. Its ok to stay there, but there are much better hostels around.

Great place to stay and reasonably priced

• New Zealand

The double room with shared facilities and over looking a treed courtyard was excellent and restfull at the end of our 8 week long o/s trip.

Everything is £5 extra. Rooms are fine but not the cleanest. Hair dryer we rented was a waste if time. We were on the top floor. 6 gents right next to the ladies showers. Not ideal really. One plug socket in the room worked. Zero room to hang anything. £15 per man or night not too bad but not the best value I've ever seen. Probably wouldn't stay at this one in the future.

• All Male Group, 25-30

You guys were jest great..keep da good job up!!!!!!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

This was my first Hostel stay ever. However, the staff was awesome, the place was clean, and the beds were fairly comfortable. All in all, I think I'm going to start staying in hostels from now on due to this very positive experience.

Friendly staff, tidy dorms and a great atmosphere, right at the heart of Old Town Edinburgh. Always someone to chat to in the common areas.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Finland

Great place had everything we needed. Full kitchen full bathrooms and bedrooms all had key card access. Location was excellent and our host Jade was great! Very friendly and helpful staff. I only had one issue that the hot water was limited so take your showers before peak times.

• 1st Jun 2014

I arrived in Edinburgh without a place to stay, and so I booked this hostel for the next day, then walked there and asked if I could book for that day. They were more than accommodating! Great location to a lot of great things to see and do. Also, right across the street is a great Haggis and Whisky shop, if anyone wants to have the full Scottish experience.

• 1st Jun 2014

Unfortunately no elevator in the buildings

Great location. Rooms were a little small. We were located above a pub and were kept up due to the band/karaoke on the weekend. Staff were nice and friendly.