Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great place, very central, perfect for a quick stay in Edinburgh, close to everything. Friendly staff.

• 14th May 2014

Really emjoyed my day there. With the location being in the middle of the tourists attractions, the price of this hostel was perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were really comfortable to stay in. (There's also WIFI!!!). I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• 14th May 2014
  • Denmark

We loved staying at Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel :) the location was excellent and we made friends with the lovely staff members. Thankyou

Very nice hostel

Brilliant location.

• 10th May 2014

It was in a perfect location and the staff were so helpful and accommodating when we changed plans and needed to stay some extra nights. The kitchen was nice to have and the bathrooms were a little dirty but its a hostel and not a hotel. Overall it was a great place to stay and especially I can't get over how perfect the location was!

Great hostel, great staff, great atmosphere. Everyone made me feel extremely welcome and were very helpful. Real hostel atmosphere :)

Super value of money... I stayed in the top floor single private , shared bathroom.

• 7th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

The only thing that I would assess as negative was the fee for the luggage storage on the day of departure. I think there should be none, it should be self-evident and I've never had to pay for it before.

• 7th May 2014

Before I've only ever stayed in dorms in the main part of the hostel, which was lovely. This time it was in a private 4 bedroom, located in a different building and it felt slightly unsecure, especially when we got shown the building there were homeless people camped outside in a dark corner of the alley and the receptionist didn't even acknowledge this. The lock on the room door wasn't fully functioning, room wasn't hoovered and sheets had stains. Nevertheless, reasonable price and great staff.

While small, the rooms were clean, neat and tidy, and had everything necessary for a few nights stay, some of which had nothing planned; a comfortable bed, a complimentary towel, a TV, a lamp, a bedside cabinet, and a couple of power sockets. Can't ask for more.

• 5th May 2014

2 nights in the penthouse flat. Would stay again - great value for money. Thanks.

For a hostel that can't provide laundry facilities I would assume staff should be able to tell you exactly where a laundry is, how to get there, when it opens/closes and how much it costs. Apparently not- look it up, you'll do just as well as me I was told (you'll have trouble!) Everything else was alright. Showers were difficult to not get your stuff wet though.

Booked a private room-even had a smalk kitchen. Great value for money.

The location is really an advantage but I booked a room for 2 persons and we almost didn't sleep the first night because of people shouting, singing, even fighting just nex door ! They took the hostel for a pub or a disco and had no respect for other people. We slept 3 hours the first night, so for approximatly 25 pounds the room, it is really disappointing.!!

• 2nd May 2014

The location is everything with this particular hostel,.If you are looking for a cheap place to crash at night - then this is it. We did not stay in main building, but had a room in the building in the close/alleyway next to it. When we arrived, the alleyway was very dark and homeless people were sitting across from the main entrance. This definitely wasn't a very good first impression. The room wasn't very clean - mould in the shower, bad smell and dust on the floors.

The staff is excellent: very nice young people. The only two bad things: no lift (when you have to carry a heavy luggage you miss it) and my brother said that the male toilet was quite dirty (not the female which actually was quite clean). If I go to Edinburgh again, it´s probably I will come back to this hostel.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Spain

In my opinion is nothing comfortable and cleaning.

We were in the building next door, the room was alright and we had everything we needed. Staff was really friendly and helpful, offered help and advise which was really useful. Location was great, just a few minutes walk to all main sights, bus stations, bars, restaurants, etc. The café next door was great, nice menu for breakfast and fair prices.

Very nice place located in an area where you had almost everything you needed. I am satisfied with this hostel and will recommend it to friends and family :)

• 28th Apr 2014