Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

There was no hot water for bathing on my last day. As I do not bath cold water, I was really disappointed. None of the men's bathroom had water neither, so most of us could not take our bath. There was no plug for my laptop inside the room, I could not believe this. There is no lift to go to higher floors. Climbing the stairs was very difficult for me, more so because I had some luggage. Though it was a good value for money

• 15th Sep 2014

very good affordable hostel in a convenient location near the royal mile. you could be walking quite a bit of stairs as there is no elevator in this older building but that really isn't a problem. friendly staff

A simple backpacker B&B, which has very good price and location but visitors have to adapt the environment. I have to say, they have much space for improving the equipments of bathrooms.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

The room was terrible, substandard, literally a dungeon. Tiny, no sunlight, thin walls. Loud noises from drunks in the night. We asked for a better room and were told there was nothing els. We had paid for three nights but had to check out after one. We asked for a refund and were refused because of their standard terms and conditions. No doubt they were able to rent out the room to some other poor saps at £50 per night for a twin. Robbery! BUYER BEWARE. ASK TO SEE THE ROOM BEFORE YOU PAY.

It was worth the money and more

This was a great place to stay as it is central to everything including Waverly Station which is steps away. Lots of places to eat nearby too. The staff were kind and accommodating. As two older ladies with big bags we were daunted by the steep steps to our room but we were able to leave the big bags with the desk and there was always someone available to help if needed. I had an issue with a refund which took a while to clear up, and I was not so pleased with the resolution.

• 8th Sep 2014

the staff were amazing . thanks to jade and Maria who made our stay there really fun they were knowledgable about the city and good spots to eat thanks again

Very grotty place. The single rooms are like small dank closets. The whole place has a damp nasty feel to it.

• 7th Sep 2014

We loved the location! It's easy to get to from the train station and it's close to everything. The staff was very helpful and friendly, too. The only issues we had were that there was only one outlet in our room, the wifi signal was not good, and the showers/toilets were on a different floor. Overall, though, our stay was pleasant and we would stay there again.

Excellent stay with clean room and safe locker . Loved the separated toilet for male and female,which is good for who prefer privacy. Appreciate if you could put flip-flop shoe to hire for toilet's purpose.

• 6th Sep 2014