Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

The location just around the corner of the Royal Mile was simply excellent! Lots of restaurants and shops on this street. The downer was that the room could have been cleaner and that there was the street light attached to the building right next to my room window which caused basically almost broad daylight at night in my room and the curtains were really to light.

I think this place is the perfect spot when you want to go and visit the city of Edinburgh . Its location is perfect , situated in the heart of the old city ; It enables you to access to every shop and attraction in the city . Moreover , the staff are very welcoming and ready to help whenever you need . They don't hesitate to share their experience of the city .

• 24th Apr 2015

Fantastic location, very close to Waverley station. Felt a bit old though.

The hostel was very private & it was great that we could use the kitchen. Felt very comfortable there, would definitely come again.

Hygiene needs improving

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We were staying in the accommodation across from the hostel in a private room. The whole building was stale and had a strange smell every time we entered. The room itself was also stale and felt dirty, especially the bathroom. There was mould on the ceiling and the shower had obviously not been cleaned/maintained very well.

• 15th Apr 2015

I thought the hostel was a great value for the money. My two friends and I were staying in a private room and we're could stay in a 4 person room as long as we paid for the fourth bed. It was very clean and kept well. Beds were very comfy, free tea and coffee and a fantastic location

• 15th Apr 2015

Loved the friendly staff. Location was very central - another plus point. Room was clean and comfortable although a tad small. Checkout was slightly too early. Also, walls were a little thin and one could hear the other hostel patrons moving around and talking either very late at night or very early in the morning. (However, I know that they provide free earplugs, so that's ok)

• Malaysia

Incredibly located just off Royal Mile with first rate facilities, prices, and staff. Pleasure to stay here.

The hostel was pretty much good with an excellent location in the centre of the old town.The staff also was very kind and helpful.The room was nice for a hostel and the mattress very comfortable.However the toilets and the kitchen weren't so clean.Finally the prices were normal but it could have been cheaper or at least to include towels.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Great stay as always - can't beat the welcome or the location.

The location was the best thing about this hostel. It couldn't be better! The room and the were clean and the staff was nice. I would there.

very good hostel, good moment!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Improve your facilities: no stair for upper bed, no lock for the locker, shower floor is wet all the time

Very good value for money and great location. We were however surprised to see that there was a £3 charge to keep your luggage, which I'd never encountered at any other hostel. When we pointed this out to the staff they were quite rude about it. We also noticed that staff only change pillowcase and sheets, but do not change bedcovers for new guests.

• 1st Apr 2015

Once again Marek and the staff made my stay very comftable . Edinburgh Backpackers is a great Hostel and good value for Money to stay . I have been here a number of Times and I was never disappointed . Thanks to Marek and all the staff , keep up the good Work. The Xcross caffee is also something I would like to recommend .

Overall a good hostel with great staff...

• 31st Mar 2015

Very good location in the city center, walking distance to every place in the city we wanted to visit. We stayed in a double room in a house next to the main building. The room was clean and we had our own bathroom. During the night it was quite loud as the hostel is located close to some pubs. There was no kitchen in our house, so we had to use the one in the main building (walking distance about 1 min), but the kitchen there was quite dirty.

• 30th Mar 2015

Showers were out of order, bathrooms were disgusting, the noise was incredible even with ear plugs. Also you have to pay three pounds for luggage storage, something we never came across in any hostel. Never again!

Only thing was probably the bathrooms; they were a bit dirty. Other than that, everything was comfortable and worked perfectly!

• 28th Mar 2015