Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great location, had all the facilities you need too. Movies in the common room were a good touch. And the pool tabel! Wifi doesn't work well past 2nd floor though (for us anyway)

% pepople room, really good location, good staff, clean hostel. Will repeat if I can stay in the main bulding

I have stayed here before and would consider staying here again but it really would be based on location alone. Paying £3 to store a bag for the day was something I felt excessive but would pack a backpack over a case next time so I would not be tied to this unnecessary expense.

Good, cheap hostel, that came with everything needed. Great location right in the centre of the city and near the station.

Really good location and friendly staff. Was pretty expensive to stay at over the weekend during Fringe Festival (£28 a night) but so was everywhere else. Stayed in the 14 Bed Mixed Dorm (in the 'main' building) with some mates which was spacious with a table to enjoy those beers around. I would definitely stay at this hostel again/ recommend it to others. Rates are usually pretty good here (around £14 a night mid-week) for the dorm I stayed in. Peace out.

• 21st Aug 2015

The bathrooms are a bit scummy and the floors of the bedrooms are dirty. They may need a bit more ventilation through the rooms as they got very hot and smelly at times. There was a kitchen though which was useful. The wifi didn't work very well

The shower had bugs in it. Couldn't use the wifi. And they double booked my bed with someone arriving at midnight

• 21st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Comfiest hostel bed I've ever stayed in! Great location and price (particularly for a last-minute weekend at the Festival), friendly & helpful staff. Lockers in each room (Yay! - amazes me how many hostels don't have lockers).

I stayed here for 4 days whilst performing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. The location was great & staff were friendly. I felt it was overpriced, even for a late booking during fringe season. I paid up to £32 a night for a top bunk in an 8 bed dorm. There was black mold on the bed frame & one of the showers was broken. Other than that facilities weren't bad.

• 20th Aug 2015

The location in the centgre is just perfect and the hostel in small enough to keep friendly family atmosphere. I just woke up with some flea bites on my hands and legs - the must be living in the mattrace or blankets there. I wish there was a kind of tab;le in the kitchen instead dining room away - it makes U going throuhj the corridor with food or eating in the kitchen in staying position. U have to pay extra for printing and for luggage storage.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Poland

The mattress in twins hare room 5 needs replacing.

Great hostel in the heart of Edinburgh's old town. Perfect location to walk around and discover the city. The dorm was nicr anf spacious, you didn't realize there were 14 people staying in it! Kitchen and sitting room facilities were good, the bathrooms could have been cleaner. Staff was always nice and helping. Totally recommend it :)

We stayed twice in two very different rooms. One was an amazing top floor room in the main building - amazing, perfect, more than could have asked for. The other room was not so great - shuffled off down the alley next to the main building, cramped facilities and too much street noise - and poor security. The security code literally plastered to the door next to the keypad.

• 16th Aug 2015

I stayed for one night in a female 8 bed dorm. The experienced was mixed because while the dorm was spacious and clean, the bathroom was horrible. It might have been "clean", but it had the kind of grime and wear that is normal in a really old ablutions area. It needs renovation. No elevator, which isn't the worst thing, but there are a lot of stairs when your bag is heavy! The info says, "Every bed has a double power plug..." This is not accurate. Every person does, but it's not near the bed.

The hostel was perfectly located. The staff were very helpful and pleasant throughout our stay. Very helpful with a map of Edinburgh and tips of shows and events to check out. The dorm was nice and warm but not too hot. The bedrooms were cleaned regularly and the lockers were a great size which meant we could put all of our stuff in there and knew that it was safe and secure as we went out each day. It was the perfect base to work from particularly for our stay during the Fringe Festival.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »