Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great location, very clean, fantastic staff

Fantastic experience on Edinburgh Backpackers! Lovely staff, facilities were suberb, and location was excellent, close to the old city centre! Not a single complain to make, best hostel I've stayed in years!

Very good showers, only 2 power outlets in a 14 bed room.

The hostel was quite expensive due to the New Years Eve, i shared a five bed room with three more persons. The bed was really good and comfy, the room was cold, noisy due to the street proximity and to the tile in stones, which were not properly designed, the tile were loose. The showers are in small cabins on the toilet, they looks a bit dirty, there is no place to put the clothes you are going to change or your shampoo/soap. And the 2nd floor toilet was really dirty and smelly all the time

Male bathroom really need a plumber and electrician to come. Electricity not really serious in the room. Breakfast in the neighbour bar rather expensive if compared to other YH (max 6 pounds in Glasgow, drinks included (here 5 pounds and at least 2 pounds for a drink). Room price and lockers rather expensive.

• 26th Dec 2014

Great place to stay.Very nice and clean room in great location,Fantastic staff,very helpful and professional.Thanks to Marek for very friendly atmosphere.We will definetly come back and recomend to everyone.

I enjoyed my stay. Good atmosphere & communal areas, excellent location. It was actually rather quiet, but I was there just before Christmas.

• 20th Dec 2014

The building might be a bit old that's why the door and key hole need time to open and lock the door.

Perfect location and atmosphere. The beds were comfortable. The room and the bathroom though were a bit smelly.

Perfect location, extremely friendly staff, and quite clean. My only complaint was that the room was really cold at night, and had zero soundproofing, making it difficult to get to sleep on a Saturday.

Very good and nice staff~

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excelent location. Bathrooms not so clean and rooms are very noisy.

Very friendly and helpful staff and excellent location! Fine if you just need a place to sleep but the room was dusty and cramped, had a half-broken lock, slamming doors in the hallway woke me up several times and the shower room was damp damaged.

Room was clean but was in the building next door to the main hostel. Due to its location was quite noisy tillthe early hours but they provide free ear plugs. Pleasant and comfortable stay. Would return.

• 6th Dec 2014

Except for an extremely noise air-conditioning belonging to the next door restaurant, a very very small room ensuite and drunk, screaming and shouting people coming home in the midle of the night - we had a great time. The location is amazing and the staff really friendly. Definately value for money no matter what, go there - but bring ear plugs 😉

Broken shower despite paying extra for an ensuite Incredibly noisy until the early hours of the morning due to a pub with loud music below

• 4th Dec 2014

I stayed here for a couple days in November 2014. The rooms were clean and the beds extremely comfy. There was a nice lounge area and game room. Wifi worked all over the building! The only downside would be there aren't female water closets on every floor, hiking up and down got a little old. Not to mention they were freezing. The water pressure was good though. Fantastic location!

We were staying in a double ensuite with shared facilities (kitchen and bathroom). One member of the staff was our flamates and was very rude with us. EG I wanted to turn the heating down because it was very hot in the corridor (without any window, except in our room) and heput a notice saying : "DO not touch this!) => next time, write a 'please' before or let us just know. It was shared facilities, not his own flat and we didn't feel at home at all!!! Otherwise, very good location

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Good location. I wasn't offered a key to the in-room locker - not sure if this was because it was a paid-for extra or the receptionist forgot. I asked another girl in the room, and she said she'd been given a key when she booked in. I'd have preferred not to leave my belongings out, but it was okay. In an eight bedded room, I'm not sure why they put a woman in the bunk above mine, when there were two completely empty bunks in the room, which would've been better for both of us.

The tap was broken in men's toilet. The shower room is very small. The location is good because it's very near the city centre.