Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Overall a good hostel with great staff...

• 31st Mar 2015

Very good location in the city center, walking distance to every place in the city we wanted to visit. We stayed in a double room in a house next to the main building. The room was clean and we had our own bathroom. During the night it was quite loud as the hostel is located close to some pubs. There was no kitchen in our house, so we had to use the one in the main building (walking distance about 1 min), but the kitchen there was quite dirty.

• 30th Mar 2015

Showers were out of order, bathrooms were disgusting, the noise was incredible even with ear plugs. Also you have to pay three pounds for luggage storage, something we never came across in any hostel. Never again!

Only thing was probably the bathrooms; they were a bit dirty. Other than that, everything was comfortable and worked perfectly!

• 28th Mar 2015

Staff very friendly, my door lock wouldn´t work and they sort it straight away. However, the toilets were in a quite bad condition and were unisex! Very noisy at night, earplugs recommended!

• Spain

Great place, no drama's. Recommended.

• Scotland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thanks to Marek and all the Staff of Edinburgh Backpackers , I had a really nice Stay again . I did sleep at the 14 Bed Dorm / Dorm 5 , to me the Best Dorm at the Hostel , very clean like all other Dorms anyway but also very nice and spacy. The Staff is very friendly and EXTREMLY helpfully , the Hostel is a old Building with lots of nice Character , perfect for a old City like Edinburgh. The location of the Hostel is great , not far from everything you need. I recommend this Hostel to enyone :)

Love that they gave me free ear plugs! The street can get a little noisy at night but they were very helpful. Very friendly staff, perfect location.

• 27th Mar 2015

First night in twin ensuites was great! But the second night was a friday and we stayed at a double bedroom with shared bathrooms and there was no heat in the room or the male shower! Beside that the hostel have nice staff, good prices and excellent localization!

• 27th Mar 2015

We got a private room for an awesome price here. Wifi was not so good at night but I think that's because the Japanese couple next door we're downloading or watching movies. Shower pressure was not very good at all. Heater in the room was fabulous. Very centre of the city would stay again for sure

There was an issue with the wifi but it was fixed quickly. The kitchen was very helpful. It was a bit noisy in the morning from the street outside. In a three person room, the bed was a bit creaky. Would definitely go again. Great location and very hellpful staff.

• 26th Mar 2015

We stayed 3 nights in here and i must say it was a good place to stay! We booked twin private room with shared bathroom, the prices was totally shocked us, it was so cheap for hostel in centre! Overall the place is soooo good, recepcionist are friendly (they gave us free luggage storage for 2/3hours), and the kitchen was quite clean. Oh yes! And wifi is free in rooms!!

Very friendly and relaxed staff, and location is excellent because you are right in the middlle of the old town center, however it is very quiet at night.

My four friends and I really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly, the location of the hostel was very central. The room was great and the beds nice. The kitchen was well equipped

• 24th Mar 2015

I was in a 14 bed dorm, and it was not pleasant. The bed hurt my back, as the mattress was maybe an inch thick and lumpy. The linen looked like it had seen better days, and the lamp was falling apart. Hardly any outlets in the dorm. Had to go to the hallway to get wifi. My room also was in a different building than the hostel, which was weird. The bathroom was clean, but I didn't try the showers. The lockers were a great size, which was very helpful.

Stayed in a private double ensuite, it was clean, warm at night and secure, good shower too! - would definitely stay there again when I visit Edinburgh

Decent place, excellent location. The hot water for showers ran out very quickly.

Nice hostel, close to the center with cheap prices. However, the showers were cold in the morning.

I would get rid of the additional costs for very minor facilities, i.e. 3 pounds per item for storing your luggage after having checked out - this should instead be seen as a gesture of hospitality.

• 18th Mar 2015

We had a nice and big private room with free coffee and tea! It was a bit noisy on the streets but you can geht free earplugs at the reception which is very nice. The employes are very friendly and helpfull. We Had a nice stay Had also The breakfast at the Restaurant nearby was very good.