Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Very well located, helpful staff . It covered my needs the only thing I would improve are the facilities, as I find them overused.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

AWESOME location! Right in the center of town. Cafe next door gives a discount and provides great breakfasts. The staff are great and the facility is nice.

Great place, terrific staff, fabulous location. Pretty typical facilities for a hostel.

• 27th Jun 2014

The location is awesome, the breakfast next door (w discount) is great too. The private room (we had penthouse no3) was very spacious. Good shower, though small. NB the bed is 1.90x1.40m only! And please buy a new mattress at Ikea, this one was extremely lumpy.

Stairs on stairs on stairs. But great location. Nice staff.

• 26th Jun 2014

Thank you EBH staff, you are awesome! :)

Booked a private double room. Got bunk beds instead of a single bed and the room was super small. However, receptionist was very friendly and helpful, and nothing was broken. Good location too. Annoyed that we were charged for luggage storage during the day.

The place was really well located, but I guess because of that it was a little bit overpriced. The facilities were overall Ok.

The staff here was wonderful, especially Jade. She was pleasant and knowledgeable of the area and its services.

• 21st Jun 2014

Chill staff. I enjoyed how the bathrooms and showers were set up. It's right in the center of everything. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Go on their pub crawl.

Noise was problem. The location of hostel was just wonderful.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Just the job!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The hostel was very comfortable and the staff was incredibly helpful!

We booked a double room, and were so lucky as to get what almost seemed like our "own apartment", with a kitchen shared only between four rooms, only two rooms on our floor, a separat toilet on our floor etc. In addition the room was very cosy, and it even came with neatly folded towels on the bed.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Norway

We only stayed one night as a stop over before a tour. Was in a 4 bed private. Was in a great location and had everything you needed. Good vibe to it.

Ridiculously and cheap and perfect location, right near Waverly station in the heart of old town. Facilities and everything are fine.

staff are very unfriendly and the room many mosquitoes

The cleanliness for the hostel was ok. But not the bed. There have bed bugs on the bed, I got more than 40 bed bugs bites on different parts of my body when I stay 3 days in that bed.

• Malaysia

I had a lot of fun and everybody was relly nice...I hope to come back soon! Thanks :)

• 16th Jun 2014

Staff were helpful and discounts at local cafés were helpful.