Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

This is an awesome hostel.. All the staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable, excellent location, clean and great common room and kitchen. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2014

They charge 3 pounds to store your luggage even for a couple of hours, which I find unfair and I've never seen before in any hostel in the world

Good location great directions from train station but having to climb over 100 steps to get from reception to my room would stop me from staying there again

Very polite staff. Let us leave our bags for free both the day we checked in and they day we checked out. Rooms were clean. We were by the bathroom so it was kind of loud, but both of us slept well enough.

The location is nice. Everything you want to see or visit is very close. There was a grumpy blonde receptionist, but the rest of the staff was extra nice. The whole facilities, in general, reminded me of a local bar in my home country, so it was quite a nice stay :)

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

This Hostel is literally in the Middle of the city. Great Location, great atmosphere, it's hard to have a bad time in Scotland! Definitely you should book this hostel it's great in all aspects.

The staircases are toooooo long for a hostel that doesn't have lifts.

Everything perfect, except there wasn't any hot water in the showers...

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

We slept in a seperate building from the hostel, directly at the royal mile! Nice bright clean room with a nice view out of the window. Comfortable bed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. No noice at night. Great!!!

• 29th Jun 2014

We stayed in the annex opposite the hostal which was a good and quiet option. We were lucky having a huge room, easily fitting three beds. It had a separate kitchen with all the facilities. It was simple, as you can expect from a hostel, but excellent value for money. Cute street and fantastic location!

• 29th Jun 2014

Very well located, helpful staff . It covered my needs the only thing I would improve are the facilities, as I find them overused.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

AWESOME location! Right in the center of town. Cafe next door gives a discount and provides great breakfasts. The staff are great and the facility is nice.

Great place, terrific staff, fabulous location. Pretty typical facilities for a hostel.

• 27th Jun 2014

The location is awesome, the breakfast next door (w discount) is great too. The private room (we had penthouse no3) was very spacious. Good shower, though small. NB the bed is 1.90x1.40m only! And please buy a new mattress at Ikea, this one was extremely lumpy.

Stairs on stairs on stairs. But great location. Nice staff.

• 26th Jun 2014

Thank you EBH staff, you are awesome! :)

Booked a private double room. Got bunk beds instead of a single bed and the room was super small. However, receptionist was very friendly and helpful, and nothing was broken. Good location too. Annoyed that we were charged for luggage storage during the day.

The place was really well located, but I guess because of that it was a little bit overpriced. The facilities were overall Ok.

The staff here was wonderful, especially Jade. She was pleasant and knowledgeable of the area and its services.

• 21st Jun 2014

Chill staff. I enjoyed how the bathrooms and showers were set up. It's right in the center of everything. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Go on their pub crawl.