Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Like most hostels in Edinburgh very good value. Can't really complain at the price. Showers were cold though.

I managed to get a tiny single room for just 20 pounds, and along with a shower and the excellent location right in between Waverley train station and the Royal Mile, that was exactly what I needed for the one short night I stayed there. The room had a bit of a funny smell though, and from what I saw of the hostel (which wasn't much), it seemed rather grubby, so I'd say I got what I paid for (the bed was comfy though) and wouldn't necessarily stay for more than one night.

It's just simply awesome. Perfect location, friendly staff, everything is just stones away. Highly recommended.

Very central, cheap, with friendly staff and free wifi

Good location and mid relation price-quality. Kitchen and living room are too small, rooms were noisy and no money has been invested in the building in a long time.

Ask if you will be placed in fleshey if so request something else. It is a dump.

I was arranged to stay in the building nearby and there were beggars at the roots of building. It was insecure if I was alone.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Really great place to stay. We got a private room for two of us so it was more like staying in a hotel but with a kitchen, games Rooms and great staff. Very clean. Will definitely come back.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Spain

All the staff was great especially Jade. It was very convenient access to the train station. Expenses for the accommodations was very good.

This girl Jade from reception desk, she was really helpful. She provide us with all information about everything, things to visit, prices, places to go out in a club, places to eat. She was our personal information desk. Very kind girl, always doing everything with smile and you can see that she really care about us, and that she want to help.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

It's very noisy to live there. The sound insulation of the wall and the doors cannot be endured any more. The heater beeped loudly every one hour , which seriously affected my next journey. Anyway, the location is nice. I think it deserves 15-20pounds a night.

Great value for money. Just two main problems that caused issue in my stay: There was a loud machinery type noise every now and again coming I think from above, early Sunday morning, not what you want after a big night out! I am pretty sure I got some bed bug bites from this hostel as I noticed them the morning of my third night there.

While we enjoyed our time at Edinburgh Backpackers, they advertised free wifi and we were unable to connect to this from the top floor of the building. The showers were awkward to say the least; there was little room to move or anywhere to hang your towels or belongings. The staff were friendly and made us feel welcome to their city. We would most likely return here in the future.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel convenient located in near the central train station. We had our room in a separated building which was quiet and fine for us.

• 1st Apr 2014

It can become very noisy when booked by groups. Only one toilet per gender in the site can be funny in busy times, youknowwhatimean?

Amazing location and friendly staff. En suite room not clean and very basic. Walls were also very thin which made sleeping difficult even with earplugs and tiredness affected my stay in Edinburgh.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I stayed in a private room across the street from the main hostel. The accommodation was basic but that's what I was expecting. If you're used to more expensive accommodation you might find it a bit rundown, but at the prices they charge I'll be using it again.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Downtown, near everything. Good choice for a weekend in Edinburgh.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Greece

Great location. The penthouse (double bed insuite) is just amazing! Good value for money!

Had a absolute blast at Edinburgh Backpackers. Bedroom was clean, showers were great and the kitchen had everything I needed to cook. But the best thing of all was the staff, dead set legends the lot of them. I could tell the managers had lived in Edinburgh for quite along time. They were able to show me all the best things to see in Edinburgh on a budget, must have been backpackers there before. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone coming through Edinburgh, it's fantastic. Scott.