Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

It can become very noisy when booked by groups. Only one toilet per gender in the site can be funny in busy times, youknowwhatimean?

Amazing location and friendly staff. En suite room not clean and very basic. Walls were also very thin which made sleeping difficult even with earplugs and tiredness affected my stay in Edinburgh.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I stayed in a private room across the street from the main hostel. The accommodation was basic but that's what I was expecting. If you're used to more expensive accommodation you might find it a bit rundown, but at the prices they charge I'll be using it again.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Downtown, near everything. Good choice for a weekend in Edinburgh.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Greece

Great location. The penthouse (double bed insuite) is just amazing! Good value for money!

Had a absolute blast at Edinburgh Backpackers. Bedroom was clean, showers were great and the kitchen had everything I needed to cook. But the best thing of all was the staff, dead set legends the lot of them. I could tell the managers had lived in Edinburgh for quite along time. They were able to show me all the best things to see in Edinburgh on a budget, must have been backpackers there before. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone coming through Edinburgh, it's fantastic. Scott.

Very adequate facilities and a fantastic location for seeing the city.

Clean sheet would have been nice, without tomato stain. There was a chewing gum on the floor of the room. The staff was variable. One night there was a guy working (from Poland), when I asked for a place he didn't want to help me saying "I don't have time, ask in a pub for it". I thought that part of his job would have been to inform people about places in the town. By the way the city is amazing, Cheers! Mariano

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Excellent hostel, close than centre. Staff is very respectful. The facilities are clean.

• 15th Mar 2014

I booked a double room. The toilet is quite horrible. Small water pressure.

The only thing I have to complain about is when the lady who changes the bedsheets came into our room at 10AM and opened the blinds and made lots of noise by propping the door open and yelling to her manager. Other than that, this hostel was the best one I have ever stayed at.

This hostel is alright for what they charge. Definitely older facilities. My bed had three springs sprung and pushing up through the mattress, so that wasn't so nice. Shower facilities were old, but clean. Very very noisy at night. The central location is nice though. In my opinion, money would be better spent at another hostel in Edinburgh.

• 8th Mar 2014

Very very noisy on a Friday and Saturday nights - single glazing windows meant you could hear every word shouted in the streets at 3am!

• 28th Feb 2014

stayed there in late February. excellent location! absolutely perfect! the staff was very friendly! bathroom was always clean and there was always hot water. we had a 5 bed dorm and the beds were a little old and made some noise when turning sides. they were clean though. the kitchen was a little small but it had everything you need to cook. you also have a discount for the cafe next to the hostel and it's worth it! i would definitely recommend it, especially for it's perfect location!

Staff were amazing, especially the Australian lady who checked us in/out. She had a lot of patience (we were a large group of rowdy English people) and was very helpful.

Pretty standard hostel you-get-what-you-pay-for, but if you're after a cheap, clean, basic place to sleep and not hang out too much, in a perfect location for exploring Edinburgh, this is for you. Room was small as expected but fairly clean, only downside was that we were in an additional building and our room backed onto a very noisy alleyway, but I suppose that's a price to pay for a good location. Staff were friendly.

• 21st Feb 2014

My room was top of stairs few flights to walk up , no lift. My card didn't work so I had to go down to reception, to be told it wasn't loaded. By the time I walked up was too shattered to. Leave room. Didn't check out the facilities. Bunk beds need ladders, dangerous getting of the top bunk. Breaky in cafe in am wss awesome cost was affordable.

• New Zealand

Thanks no !

• Couple, 41+

Amazing and helpful staff! Also the full Scottish breakfast deal was great :)

• 20th Feb 2014

Brilliant location, very helpful/friendly staff. Had a private room in a separate building which was great if you want to stay on your own... but not good for meeting people. Would definitely stay here again!

• 17th Feb 2014