Edinburgh Backpackers Reviews

65 Cockburn St, EH1 1BU, Edinburgh, Scotland

Really enjoyed my stay in the hostel. The staff were very friendly and the hostel was ideally located. Great discounts available at nearby stores and the beds were very comfortable.:)

• 8th Jul 2014

Very nice staff! Everything was in order and everyone we talked to was being really friendly. The location was fantastic, since you could practically see the station from where we lived, and the royal mile was just about 50 meters away. In the building for the private rooms the internet connection was good and since tou got your own key to the front door you could comee very fresh and and go as you like at any time. The toilets were nice. Cheers!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed at hotel for 2 days as a family with kids. We have had a excellent experience with Backpackers Hostel, so I can highly recommend it to all. We stayed at 3bedroom private room a we had own kitchen with all facilities and bathroom just next our door. Location is highly perfect, because you will live in the heart of the old town in Edinburgh.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff are friendly and very helpful. There was a problem with my suitcase and they helped me to solve the problem. however, the shower is not clean enough. It is also a bit difficult to store your belongings when taking shower.

This is an awesome hostel.. All the staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable, excellent location, clean and great common room and kitchen. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2014

They charge 3 pounds to store your luggage even for a couple of hours, which I find unfair and I've never seen before in any hostel in the world

Good location great directions from train station but having to climb over 100 steps to get from reception to my room would stop me from staying there again

Very polite staff. Let us leave our bags for free both the day we checked in and they day we checked out. Rooms were clean. We were by the bathroom so it was kind of loud, but both of us slept well enough.

The location is nice. Everything you want to see or visit is very close. There was a grumpy blonde receptionist, but the rest of the staff was extra nice. The whole facilities, in general, reminded me of a local bar in my home country, so it was quite a nice stay :)

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

This Hostel is literally in the Middle of the city. Great Location, great atmosphere, it's hard to have a bad time in Scotland! Definitely you should book this hostel it's great in all aspects.

The staircases are toooooo long for a hostel that doesn't have lifts.

Everything perfect, except there wasn't any hot water in the showers...

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

We slept in a seperate building from the hostel, directly at the royal mile! Nice bright clean room with a nice view out of the window. Comfortable bed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. No noice at night. Great!!!

• 29th Jun 2014

We stayed in the annex opposite the hostal which was a good and quiet option. We were lucky having a huge room, easily fitting three beds. It had a separate kitchen with all the facilities. It was simple, as you can expect from a hostel, but excellent value for money. Cute street and fantastic location!

• 29th Jun 2014

Very well located, helpful staff . It covered my needs the only thing I would improve are the facilities, as I find them overused.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

AWESOME location! Right in the center of town. Cafe next door gives a discount and provides great breakfasts. The staff are great and the facility is nice.

Great place, terrific staff, fabulous location. Pretty typical facilities for a hostel.

• 27th Jun 2014

The location is awesome, the breakfast next door (w discount) is great too. The private room (we had penthouse no3) was very spacious. Good shower, though small. NB the bed is 1.90x1.40m only! And please buy a new mattress at Ikea, this one was extremely lumpy.

Stairs on stairs on stairs. But great location. Nice staff.

• 26th Jun 2014

Thank you EBH staff, you are awesome! :)