Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel Reviews

9 Haddington Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Juan makes a great coffee in the Tiki Cafeteria! Rooms are nice and clean.

Nice clean place.

Basic but clean hostel. Very friendly reception staff.

I was stranded in Edinburgh due to the bad weather affecting transport back to the North West. All the staff I met at the hostel went out of their way to be supportive and helpful when I was quite distressed. It was a pleasure to stay at this hostel and I have already recommended it to members of my family. I would definitely like to return here. Thanks to all for their kindness. Cheers, Kathryn

• 3rd Dec 2015

Great hostel in a great location. Not much interaction with other guests, maybe due to off season.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Stayed in a double room that was clean with on suite facilities towels provided. Tea and coffee facilities in room also had a TV. Room was warm and quiet great location for the Playhouse cheap accommodation for one night .

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

More like a hotel. but still a good place to stay. Great kitchen.

The stairs to the top decker bed were blocked by the cabinet We couldn't close the windows coz there was a glass blocked

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was surprised and amazed at how good the facilities were (not having stayed in a youth hostel for 45 years!). As ladies of a certain age, we found the services and facilities excellent. The staff were most helpful and that was much appreciated. Our only problem was lack of internet connection, but the staff were having the same problem so it was no-one's fault.

• 15th Sep 2015

Good place to stay in Edinburgh.